Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Mini-vote: Clothes edition:

It's ok if they offer us clothes, but let's just keep to what we know for the moment.
Besides, who doesn't like a cool breeze on bare skin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

XOXO posted:

Sun's out, guns out! We'll have plenty of time to hide the body Asherah gave us once we get to Zepath.

SUN'S OUT GUNS OUT

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

1) A
2) A
B
3) A

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

2. and

3. No, though we should take them if offered.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Eryxias posted:

Mini-vote: Clothes edition:

It's ok if they offer us clothes, but let's just keep to what we know for the moment.
Besides, who doesn't like a cool breeze on bare skin?

Ditto mini vote for me.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
I don't care much about the clothes so long as we keep our tooth and shell necklace. I mean we can't go nude forever no matter how funny that would be but it's not a huge deal.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

If it ain't important enough for them to offer, it ain't important enough for me to ask.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
OPTION A Are glad to have someone who is not an adult pay attention to you for the first time in your life, even if he is younger and you tower over him. You are friendly and do as he asks, when you understand.

Question Two. As you walk for the rest of the day, you speak with... PICK TWO.

A. The king, Tudiya.

G. Ishamal, who seems to be the oldest of the outsider men, who is balding and has gray hair.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
BBC and NO for now.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Vote count updated.

The vote is pretty clear at this point, I'd say. Unless 30 people suddenly decide that a loincloth is an affront to human decency, that is.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

let's bring the latest fashion from the cultural supernova that is Athar everyone will be clothing their loins within the week! Gotta be completely unanimous on our clothing style so we never change our outfit again.

If we end up going the route of revenge Og we have a song basically completely tailored to the plan, it's important to have a theme song.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Question 1:

Question 2:

Question 3:
... does it really matter what I say, now?

A final note: I want to clearly throw my support behind continuing to believe in Asherah. It's not a matter of worship, or faith. Asherah is a force of nature.

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
1. :unsmith:
2. +

No to asking for clothes. Comfort is important.

gerg_861
Jan 2, 2009

Skanky Burns posted:

1. :unsmith:
2. +

No to asking for clothes. Comfort is important.

I will go for this vote too.

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

2. +

No to asking for clothes, but accept if offered.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Lets talk with The King and Mr. 20-something

Keep the loincloth, we ain't no big-town librul here :colbert:

Genpei Turtle posted:

I agree, but heck, it may well be that the demons are the good guys anyway considering the sources of inspiration from this CYOA. Practically everyone who reads Paradise Lost ends up rooting for Satan. He's one of the classic antiheroes of literature.

I actually wrote a defense of Satan in Paradise Lost for a test in 11th grade AP English. I got an A but my teacher held up my paper in front of class (without naming names) and said that, "No, you can't defend Satan. He is Satan, what is wrong with you people? Its like the definition of badguy." Never liked that teacher.

Later that year we debated Inherit the Wind in the middle of class. :getin:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Given our new name, Gilgamesh may be of more immediate concern.

Corhal
Jul 20, 2007
Can't be controlled. Can't be trusted.
Question 1: A
Question 2: A and B
Question 3: No

Woo finally caught up with land between rivers and this, first time I get to vote!

Tremynci
Jun 16, 2012
1. : let's not smite the hand of friendship like a wee poo poo. Going into big brother mode I think would backfire if he's no reason to see us as such. Besides, it shows us as a noble savage!

For 2, I have a question: are we chatting to our new little buddy as we walk, pick flowers, give bad-rear end horsey rides, etc? If so, then I'm cool with not chatting to him. If not, then he needs to be one of the people we spend most time with. While it would be good to talk to the old dude, and the young one, or Jalitha/Mom, I suspect we will have ample chance later. We won't have a chance to talk to the king again, though. This boils down to:

+

+

depending on whether (the first) or not (the second) we can talk to our new friend while playing.

3. : until someone get offended, or we stop or something, we're cool. After all, we're a savage, so everyone expects us to be uncouth!

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
3.Yes, but since we're a dumb savage kid let's ask for a dress like our mother, the outsiders will have a laugh and say 'oh sweetie no... here's a pair of pants and a shirt, it's what men wear.' That way everybody stays in good humor and we don't look rude.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

You do not ask for any new clothing.

You decide to be nice to the boy, Danal. You play simple games with him as the group walks north. You listen as he talks, seemingly without the need for air or pause, for a prolonged period of time. He seems to be collecting flowers and strange leaves, which he periodically plucks as your group walks, he then races to hand each to the servant woman Keza, who says something which might be praise and tucks his prize into a bag carried by one of the pack animals. He motions for you to pluck a leaf or a flower he can't reach, which you do and which seems to make him rather happy. He is constantly pointing out something he sees in the forest which he either finds highly fascinating or very funny, though you can't understand most of what he is saying. When he asks, you give him piggy back rides and he continues to talk endlessly and to frequently say your name. He appears to thrive upon your attention and this is the first time in your entire life that anyone who was not an adult has been nice to you.

You may not have discovered the magic of fish-laser but you may slowly be learning the magic of friendship.

While giving him a piggy back ride, you move towards the front of the line and talk to Tudiya, the King. He chuckles when he sees Danal on your shoulders, who says something incomprehensible but he mentions a monster from one of your mothers stories and makes a gesture which might be as if he was slaying an invisible monster with an invisible sword, also causing the king to chuckle briefly.

Your mother interprets as you ask Tudiya questions, which he seems happy enough to answer, for now at least.

Fire away your questions.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 13:18 on May 31, 2013

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

Diogines posted:

You do not ask for any new clothing.

You decide to be nice to the boy, Danal. You play simple games with his as the group walks north. You listen as he talks, seemingly without the need for air or pause, for a prolonged period of time. He seems to be collecting flowers and strange leaves, which he periodically plucks as your group walks, he then races to hand each to the servant woman Keza, who says something which might be praise and tucks his prize into a bag carried by one of the pack animals. He motions for you to pluck a leaf or a flower he can't reach, which you do and which seems to make him rather happy. He is constantly pointing out something he sees in the forest which he either finds highly fascinating or very funny, though you can't understand most of what he is saying. When he asks, you give him piggy back rides and he continues to talk endlessly and to frequently say your name. He appears to thrive upon your attention and this is the first time in your entire life that anyone who was not an adult has been nice to you.

You may not have discovered the magic of fish-laser but you may slowly be learning the magic of friendship.

While giving him a piggy back ride, you move towards the front of the line and talk to Tudiya, the King. He chuckles when he sees Danal on your shoulders, who says something incomprehensible but he mentions a monster from one of your mothers stories and makes a gesture which might be as if he was slaying an invisible monster with an invisible sword, also causing the king to chuckle briefly.

Your mother interprets as you ask Tudiya questions, which he seems happy enough to answer, for now at least.

Fire away your questions.

Will we be allowed to learn how to read/write and count higher than 10 when we get back to the city?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

This is a good question but you are unaware that reading, writing or counting higher than 10, exist.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

What are those strange hairy monsters following us? Are they dangerous?

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
Can you tell us about Zepath?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Why are you so tall, King Stepdad? Did your father beat you, too?

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
How many vill cities are there, how many kings, and how many sons do you have?

What do you eat in the city if not fish and other people?

Could you teach us to fight with that big knife King Dad?

Could you tell us some stories of our namesake Ekindu, what was his final fate, how did his story end?

GloriousDemon fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 31, 2013

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Why are your loinclothes so big? It looks hot. And why is it all hard and shiny like weird polished shells?

Why do your spear tips and big knife flash like the sparkling water in the sun. Is it magic?

Why did you offer our village poison to drink?

Is Zepath near the sea? I like the sea.

Random Idiot
Mar 15, 2001
Ask if he has six fingers on his right hand.

Or, for a serious question, ask who we're going to live with from now on.

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
The coke is just for color...
Ask him if he has heard of Asherah.

Probably don't want to explain or preach the name right now but we should see if Asherah has been heard of before.

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
Are there any angels primarily associated with the sea?

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Jalitha said that Ashera is not a god. What is Ashera?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Ask the king what was that way of speaking, where we could feel his heavy voice in the air and understood his words as if it they were in our own language. And tell mom to translate the question, because it happened multiple times! It so happened, Mom!

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Alright, I don't want to break up the fun time with PTSD flashbacks, but I gotta know...

King guy, when you butchered fought with my other dad the scary lightning man, his body was like a calm sea to your spears, but you struck him down with your big knife. Is your knife magic? Can all kings do that?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

What is expected of us in Zepath? What sort of work would we be doing?

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Question for king: What will happen to us when we get to the city? Where will we be staying, what will we be doing?
Can we stay with the king and learn under him? (you don't get a chance to attach yourself to a king very often, take the chance when you have it!)

PandaPropaganda
Apr 22, 2008
Ask the king: When you were cutting our hair, your voice got strange and we could understand you clearly even though you were not speaking our language. Was that something you did? If not, do you know what may have caused it?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I skipped duplicate questions which were already answered.

Your mother translates for you, but as the king talks, you have a nagging suspicion that he can understand you, more so when he holds a hand up to her and says something and your mother stops translating your words to him and she only translates his words to you.

Rahul posted:

What are those strange hairy monsters following us? Are they dangerous?
He laughs. "Sweetling, the king says no and says as long as you don't stick your finger in their mouths. They are donkeys and used to carry things.

BoyG posted:

Can you tell us about Zepath?
"The king says that Zepath is the furthest south of the cities of men and the closest to the sea, though it is not along the sea. He says that it's people are happy and that we will be happy there, Sweetling."

Coq au Nandos posted:

Why are you so tall, King Stepdad? Did your father beat you, too?
Tudiya laughs and one of the other men ask him a question, Tudiya says something to the man, who chuckles. Tudiya then answers you.
"He says, Sweetling that he is the blood of Laboras and is of tall stature, as all of his descendants are."

GloriousDemon posted:

How many vill cities are there, how many kings, and how many sons do you have?
"The great King says that there are twenty cities and that he has one son. "

GloriousDemon posted:

What do you eat in the city if not fish and other people?
Tudiya laughs and shares three question with one of the other large men, who chuckles. "Sweetling, he says that they eat some fish but they eat any things, like bread, onions, lamb and cheese. You will love cheese, Sweetling, it's even better than seaweed cakes!"

GloriousDemon posted:

Could you teach us to fight with that big knife King Dad?
"The king says if you wish to be a soldier, you might learn, Sweetling."

GloriousDemon posted:

Could you tell us some stories of our namesake Ekindu, what was his final fate, how did his story end?
He shakes his head "Sweetling, the King says, not today, for today is a day to think glad and happy and not a day for sad thoughts. He says that Enkidu was a great man."

Shanakin posted:

Why are your loinclothes so big? It looks hot. And why is it all hard and shiny like weird polished shells?
Tudiya laughs again. "The king says you are like a curious monkey and it makes him laugh. He says that it is bronze, a thing that only men can make and which was taught to us by the angels."

Shanakin posted:

Why do your spear tips and big knife flash like the sparkling water in the sun. Is it magic?
He shakes his head. "He says it is not magic, but bronze."

Shanakin posted:

Why did you offer our village poison to drink?
"The King says it was not poison Sweetling, it was wine, a drink which makes men glad."

Random Idiot posted:

Ask if he has six fingers on his right hand.

Or, for a serious question, ask who we're going to live with from now on.
A quick count reveals that his huge hands DO in fact have six fingers on each hand and a quick glance over the group reveals that half the group, including Barkof and Danal do as well, though not the servant woman. Odd. Is twelve fingers an Outsider thing?

"Sweetling, the King says not to worry and that we will be provided for, but he needs to speak to his counselors before he decides. Um. Counselors mean his learned friends who give him good advice." Tudiya chuckles briefly at the explanation.

The Bad Llama posted:

Ask him if he has heard of Asherah.

Probably don't want to explain or preach the name right now but we should see if Asherah has been heard of before.
He shakes his head.

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Jalitha said that Ashera is not a god. What is Ashera?
Your mother answers before Tudiya does. "A monster, Sweetling, but we are going far away where he won't be able to hurt us anymore. Try to forget about him."

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Ask the king what was that way of speaking, where we could feel his heavy voice in the air and understood his words as if it they were in our own language. And tell mom to translate the question, because it happened multiple times! It so happened, Mom!
Your mother seems confused by your words but translates Tudiya's response. "He says all kings have great powers and he hopes, great wisdom as well.

Overall, Tudiya seems amused by your questions, but he is smiling and seems happy to answer them. His tone is more friendly than patronizing, though there is such an element I'm his tone.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009
Lets go with a follow-up then:

why do you/others have 6 fingers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
Do you have to be a king to have great powers? Where do the powers come from?

What do the angels look like if they are not giants, what does El look like?

How old are you King Dad?

Is there more monsters in the city like the donkeys, have you seen or fought bigger monsters?

Can I get extra fingers?

Can you tell me a quick happy story of Ekindu?

GloriousDemon fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 31, 2013