Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Gilgamesh and Enkidu at Uruk. :smith:

Ask the king about any storms that may be coming. Think your story about the voice and drowning at the king but do not speak it aloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Lets ask Danal some questions, and see if Mom will translate for us.

What's it like in the city?

What do you do for fun?

Tell me about your family?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Why are you the King / How did you become King? Was your father the King (did you inherit it)?

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
So are we able to count to 12 now? Ten-two?

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*

Zet posted:

So are we able to count to 12 now? Ten-two?

6 and 6, I'm sure we know how many fingers go on each hand.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Walrusmaster posted:

Lets go with a follow-up then:

why do you/others have 6 fingers?
"The King says it is a sign of favor from El."

GloriousDemon posted:

Do you have to be a king to have great powers? Where do the powers come from?
"The king says that all good things in life come from El."

GloriousDemon posted:

What do the angels look like if they are not giants?
"The King says that the angels look like men, but taller and beautiful and that they glow with the light of El. They also have wings like great eagles. Oh. An eagle is a very large bird that does not live in the forest, Sweetling."

GloriousDemon posted:

How old are you King Dad?
You have no frame of reference to ask this, you can't count past 10.

GloriousDemon posted:

Is there more monsters in the city like the donkeys, have you seen or fought bigger monsters?
Tudiya says something and then Danal, still riding on your shoulders, says something with a tone of excitement and enthusiasm! He swooshes a little branch he is holding in the air as if he were slaying monsters. Tudiya laughs, as do many of the other men. Your mother translates.

"There are no monsters in Zepath. The King is a great Hero like from the stories Sweetling and a slayer of many great and terrible monsters, he and his Mighty Men, the other men with us. The King even slew a dragon! What is a dragon Sweetling? Oh, it is a giant lizard as big as the village covered in scales which can breathe fire and fly!"

Danal, still on your shoulders says something else and makes a roaring noise. "Danal says that the terrible blue dragon whose name was Voehoo attacked the city but that the King slew it in a great battle, then he cut off it's head and they used it's great skull to make a gate for the city."

At this your mother asks Tudiya a question which you might guess is "Really?"

Barkof, one of the other outsiders says something, your mother translates. "He says that the King is too humble to admit it but that it is true."

At that, Tudiya does speak up. Your mother translates, even though you understand and can almost reach out and touch his words. "Child. Remember always that a heart filled with El is greater than any sword or dragon."

Arkanomen posted:

Gilgamesh and Enkidu at Uruk. :smith:

Ask the king about any storms that may be coming. Think your story about the voice and drowning at the king but do not speak it aloud
"The King says the weather will be good and no storms are coming."

EVG posted:

Lets ask Danal some questions, and see if Mom will translate for us.

What's it like in the city?
Your mother translates. Danal says something with am excited tone AMD seems rather happy to be the target of your questions. "Sweetling. Danal says that the city is nice but that he hopes he will get to see the Mighty Men slay more monsters and that they are more fun."

EVG posted:

What do you do for fun?
"He says he plays games with his sisters or with his dogs and that he misses them. His dogs. Not his sisters." Danal laughs at the end.

EVG posted:

Tell me about your family?
"He says that his mama is very nice and his sisters are fun and that and that his father is the greatest hero in all of Ur and that he wants to be a big hero some day just like him!" Danal makes a roaring noise and swings his stick at another imaginary monster, your mother laughs.

Vavrek posted:

Why are you the King / How did you become King? Was your father the King (did you inherit it)?
"The Great King says that he was chosen by his father among his brothers to be king, who was king before him and the blood of Labaras. He says that Zepath was built by the great hero and explorer, Zepar, the son of Labaras who most loved to walk to far places."

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Question: Do the 6 fingered men have 6 toes?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Ask The King. "Tell us more about El"
Ask Jalitha to Ask Danal to teach us new words as we walk.

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

Question for Danal, what is a dog?

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
Another round questions for Mr. Tudiya, does anything represent El an object, a symbol, or a creature?

What does Mr. Barkof do?

CAN I GET SIX FINGERS?!

GloriousDemon fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 31, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My father was teaching me how to read messages from the sea but I didn't learn that much. Will I learn anything like that from you? What else will I learn?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Daned posted:

Question for Danal, what is a dog?
Your mother translates the question and the response.

Danal barks several times, then speaks.

"He says that that is the noise a dog makes and that a dog is an animal with four legs and a tail and that they are hairy and that they are man's best friend and that they love to play." The other men laugh at the explanation.

Danal says something else. Your mother translates. "He says he will give you a puppy when we get to our new home because you are his friend now and asks what you will name it."

MINIVOTE: What is your response?

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Question: Do the 6 fingered men have 6 toes?
You do a quick toe count. Your people go barefoot. The outsiders wear a piece of clothing you do not recognize. Sandals. Those with six fingers also have six toes.

Arkanomen posted:

Ask The King. "Tell us more about El"
Ask Jalitha to Ask Danal to teach us new words as we walk.

"The King says he will teach you about El as we go home, which will take about a month, starting tonight."

Your mother asks the question. "He says it will be a game, Sweetling." You begin to play a game with Danal where he points things that he sees out and says a word in the outsider tongue.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We will name our puppy BEAKY!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Yay! A puppy! :3:

Tell him we can't wait to have a dog. Obviously his name must be Beaky!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Ask Danal: What/why are you collecting plants? Are they good to eat like seaweed?

Name the puppy Pagah after Pagem and Jorah.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Name the Puppy Beaky, after a dream you had where a tall man with a painted face told you that name. Also tell Jalitha that we will love it and protect it and keep cannibals from eating it :3:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Name the puppy Jorah!

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
A puppy!

Response: Uh ... okay? Thank you.

(Og's a bit hesitant: a pet monster? what's a pet?, but it sounds like it might be nice. I'm sure he'll love it.)

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

We will name the puppy Snarls Barkly.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
I will name him George

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Do we want to ask about what will happen to our village? A lot of NEW is happening and we still might ask. I don't know how... Tudiya is a king though and if we ask right he should understand? Anyone else have any ideas about how to ask? Maybe...

Tudiya, sometimes I am wondering about the people from the village where I grew up... I am told I should forget them, but I cannot. Kings are wise. What would you do?

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009
Hell yes, name the puppy Beaky!

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
I saw wait and name the dog after we have seen the dog.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Vavrek posted:

A puppy!

Response: Uh ... okay? Thank you.

(Og's a bit hesitant: a pet monster? what's a pet?, but it sounds like it might be nice. I'm sure he'll love it.)

Seconding this.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
Name the puppy Beaky/ Barky!

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
Wait to name the puppy until we've met it.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
"What is a puppy?"

Also, ask someone to teach us the language, so we don't need King Dad or Mom to translate.

e; already answered, drat you guys are fast.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

GloriousDemon posted:

Another round questions for Mr. Tudiya, does anything represent El an object, a symbol, or a creature?

Tudiya speaks. "El cannot be made into any graven image or sign. He is perfect, eternal and beyond our ability to comprehend."

GloriousDemon posted:

What does Mr. Barkof do?
You ask. He answers. Your mother translates. "Whatever the King wills."

RandomPauI posted:

My father was teaching me how to read messages from the sea but I didn't learn that much. Will I learn anything like that from you? What else will I learn?
Minivote: Do you ask this?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 31, 2013

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

No, don't ask that.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Althair posted:

Yes, Wait... but if this vote loses, go with Pagah

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Diogines posted:

Tudiya speaks. "El cannot be made into any graven image or sign. He is perfect, eternal and beyond our ability to comprehend."

You ask. He answers. Your mother translates. "Whatever the King wills."

Yes, but:

"My fath-" (pause) ...the man from the village knew how to read messages from the sea. Will I learn... Etc.

EVG fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 31, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yes, ask that.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Diogines posted:

Nope.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Big Bug Hug posted:

Name the puppy Beaky!

MINI VOTE: Seconding this.

I think this name complements our total lack of knowledge about land animals.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
No on the mini vote.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Minivote: No

It will tick off Mom too. Remember that she says the high priest was not your father.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ask the King: Did you know our mom before she washed up in our village?

Edit: Mini vote: +1 for Beaky

the_steve fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 31, 2013

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
No on the minivote.

Alsoa vote for Not Ohyo's dog Idea.

Globofglob fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 31, 2013

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
Name the dog Og.

BoyG fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Althair posted:

Yea, really jumping the gun, people. Wait.

My response to Danal: "Dogs seem like play-things for little children. I will see your dogs, but I will to mature to do as men do, not as children. A thing of value cast to dogs is a waste for they will devour it. I will not cast my efforts to dogs, but to men and women, young and old."

Voters, we've gotten an honorable hair-cutting and naming from the king of Zepath and you want to squander away with animal-keeping? There will be a reason we are set apart from the sons of Tudiya: not because we are weak and childlike, because we are meek and mature.

Meekness is the control of power, not the absence of power.

E: new vote, posted.

OhYo fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 1, 2013