Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Sash! posted:

Alamo drafthouse is big on this sort of thing. Weird that the one in DC isn't.

The one in DC is brand new, but yeah, it sucks that they're not doing this.

*double-checks on Fandango, then notices it already happened nowhere near him* :smith:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I literally never noticed that the machine gun is hitting Hank in the dick over and over again.

I can feel that right in my chonies

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

SeanBeansShako posted:

Monarchs facial hair isn't red enough dammit. Nobody would take the man seriously if it was ginger.

People aside from his henchmen take the Monarch seriously? Dr Venture didn't even regard him as his arch enemy.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What annoys me is we have had all these screeners now and not one spoiler has leaked :(

I cant take the wait

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Neurosis posted:

People aside from his henchmen take the Monarch seriously? Dr Venture didn't even regard him as his arch enemy.

It'd be a slight distraction in not taking a man seriously then. Ginger is just not a menacing natural hair colour.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Manwithastick posted:

What annoys me is we have had all these screeners now and not one spoiler has leaked :(

I cant take the wait

Doc Hammer and Jackson Public really, really don't want spoilers leaking.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
There's an episode of one of the more recent seasons of Futuramas where they go to a robot graveyard. There is a fairly noticeable grave marked "HELPER".

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Came in here to post this.

Baseless Conjecture about Dean and his fancy new duds/attitude:
He actually is learning super-science. He's going to that cabin, which is alluded to in that teaser. He's meeting with the Super-Scientist who worked with Doc Venture to help set up the clones. Being that he actually knows what he's doing, and in the Halloween episode actually was talking science [at] Dean.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Except he was already emo and Hatred had tits at that point whereas in the teaser Dean being emo is new and Hatred doesn't have tits

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Comrade Quack posted:

There's an episode of one of the more recent seasons of Futuramas where they go to a robot graveyard. There is a fairly noticeable grave marked "HELPER".

Sadly not VB related.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Scott Bakula posted:

... and Hatred doesn't have tits

I thought so at first, but it looks like he may. Look at him when he turns to see where Dean is going.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Scott Bakula posted:

Except he was already emo and Hatred had tits at that point whereas in the teaser Dean being emo is new and Hatred doesn't have tits

To expand on this, the Halloween episode was pulled from the middle of the new season; Hatred growing tits and Dean becoming emo will presumably be happening in the episodes set chronologically before the Halloween one.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Aww man. Maybe I'll just keep living in denial.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Preem Palver posted:

To expand on this, the Halloween episode was pulled from the middle of the new season; Hatred growing tits and Dean becoming emo will presumably be happening in the episodes set chronologically before the Halloween one.

Yeah in the new clip he just has messy hair, in the Halloween episode it's grown out quite a bit. I have a feeling he'll be loving off more than following through with the super science routine.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

At the screening they were pretty lax, although they gave the speech, "you don't want to be 'that' person that spoils it for everybody".

All I can say is, boy are you gonna be surprised. Also, entertained.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Illuminado posted:

Came in here to post this.

Baseless Conjecture about Dean and his fancy new duds/attitude:
He actually is learning super-science. He's going to that cabin, which is alluded to in that teaser. He's meeting with the Super-Scientist who worked with Doc Venture to help set up the clones. Being that he actually knows what he's doing, and in the Halloween episode actually was talking science [at] Dean.

Should we spoiler conjecture or what's the deal exactly with that? I've got an idea I'd like to lay out before the seasons pans out but I don't want to ruin anybody's fun by simply being right for the first time in ever. By the way I wasn't talking about you specific Illuminado. I think Dean's on the way to super science whether he likes it or not.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Frostwerks posted:

Should we spoiler conjecture or what's the deal exactly with that? I've got an idea I'd like to lay out before the seasons pans out but I don't want to ruin anybody's fun by simply being right for the first time in ever. By the way I wasn't talking about you specific Illuminado. I think Dean's on the way to super science whether he likes it or not.

I had mine spoilered, but was made aware of certain rules pertaining to spoiler tags when not actually talking about spoilers. v:confused:v

In any case I'm fine with spoilering conjecture, but I'd probably want to seek out public approval beforehand.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

From the TVIV Rules:

quote:

If you are speculating about future plot points based upon spoiler information, you need to use spoiler tags.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

thexerox123 posted:

From the TVIV Rules:

Thank you! I'll be sure to do that in the future, also whoops.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
There's a part of me that suspects we won't see much of Gary this season- while season 3 was largely about The Monarch and Dr Mrs. The Monarch getting their poo poo together and working as equals, season 4's big plots were 21 overcoming the useless rut he'd lived in and becoming the person he had the potential to be and Hank and Dean finally growing up and starting to move on. Obviously we're going to see more Hank and Dean, but I wouldn't be surprised to see less of T. Viceroy this season.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Do you guys suggest watching the Halloween episode before the premiere or should I wait to see it when it naturally shows up later on in the season?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The only spoily thing in the episode, which I think people already discuss openly, is that Dean talks to JK Simmons and learns that he's a clone, but doesn't share that with Hank, and that's more of a character development plot point than an actual spoiler. If you're itching for some Venture Brothers, the Halloween episode tides over nicely.

Also be sure to watch the Story of Shallow Gravy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I realise people here probably won't really know but, I'm kind of curious how much money Doc Hammer/Jackson publick make from the show. I mean, they do most of the voices and created/write the whole thing.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Just noticed that in the beginning of "Self Medication" Rusty loses a shoe as he's running along the moving sidewalk.

It's the little things.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That moving walkway has a ravenous appetite for footwear.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Scott Bakula posted:

I realise people here probably won't really know but, I'm kind of curious how much money Doc Hammer/Jackson publick make from the show. I mean, they do most of the voices and created/write the whole thing.

I'm going to guess that it's not very much as far as tv goes. They do the t-shirt club thing in their free time to bring in more money. I remember that after the first season they sold a soul-bot shirt through their website to get some money to get through the hiatus.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Probably more than all of us, but way less than solid gold jet ski money.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

:dance:Only 24 hours!:dance:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Scott Bakula posted:

In one of the commentaries Doc Hammer, says that he makes "manager at the Gap money" from his work on the Venture Bros. So take that as you will. Also he lives in a really old pre war apartment that some old lady died in right before he moved in and the bathroom light doesn't work at all. He's really quite chatty.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Umph posted:

:dance:Only 24 hours!:dance:

More like 24 hours and 42 minutes :rolleyes:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
They make enough to keep making more episodes. That doesn't sound too bad to me.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Teefury.com will have these shirts on sale at midnight:

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Hey at the end of that article they talk about how putting the season 5 finale to a pulp song was really meaningful for them. I don't know anything about that band, what's the significance of the song and how it related to the scene? Now I feel like I missed the best venture bros moment ever because I don't know a lot about music :(

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Umph posted:

Hey at the end of that article they talk about how putting the season 5 finale to a pulp song was really meaningful for them. I don't know anything about that band, what's the significance of the song and how it related to the scene? Now I feel like I missed the best venture bros moment ever because I don't know a lot about music :(
It's just a song they really, really like. The same song was used in some Ethan Hawke movie in the 90s, but is a great song on its own.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You mean Season 4's final with Like a Friend by Pulp? That song is basically about a guy meeting his crush and lamenting the choices of being with her. In this case it's Brock and Cocktease. In that scene Brock is basically tired of chasing Cocktease. Cocktease also has Brock's friends as hostages. Cocktease dying basically has Brock move on. The song works because it's basicaly the person recollecting the good memories.

And let's face it, don't lie you were holding your breath that Brock might of come late and might of found his friends dead.

It's basically why the song works because it hit the notes at the perfect spot.

It's why most fans say if VB was to end after Season 4, that would be the best place to do so.

edit: Or it could be that song really just fits. It goes well everywhere. Brock running back to the compound, the credits roll. It just worked perfectly.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Shindragon posted:

don't lie you were holding your breath that Brock might of come late and might of found his friends dead.
It just worked perfectly.

I was practically hyperventilating, I don't think season 5 was confirmed yet and it was such a beautiful and cathartic moment. I get chills during that scene, it's my favorite part of my favorite episode of my favorite show(and one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands).

I don't think I've ever gotten that worked up over a TV show.

SRM posted:

The same song was used in some Ethan Hawke movie in the 90s

Dude it was the remake/second adaptation of Great Expectations, I seem to remember it being pretty fuckin good too(killer soundtrack obviously).

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Reset Smith posted:

In one of the commentaries Doc Hammer, says that he makes "manager at the Gap money" from his work on the Venture Bros. So take that as you will. Also he lives in a really old pre war apartment that some old lady died in right before he moved in and the bathroom light doesn't work at all. He's really quite chatty.

Wasn't there something about the bathroom having a hole where you can see the street or something too? I like the Venture Brothers commentaries, but Futurama has spoiled me in terms of targeted commentating. Like I went into Revenge of the House of Mummies really hoping they'd comment on the florescent lights in the hall of sorrows. It's one of my favorite details, and Doc was talking about random meta/his life stuff instead.

Red posted:

Teefury.com will have these shirts on sale at midnight:

I'll take the murder machine on the right.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Shindragon posted:

You mean Season 4's final with Like a Friend by Pulp? That song is basically about a guy meeting his crush and lamenting the choices of being with her. In this case it's Brock and Cocktease. In that scene Brock is basically tired of chasing Cocktease. Cocktease also has Brock's friends as hostages. Cocktease dying basically has Brock move on. The song works because it's basicaly the person recollecting the good memories.

And let's face it, don't lie you were holding your breath that Brock might of come late and might of found his friends dead.

It's basically why the song works because it hit the notes at the perfect spot.

It's why most fans say if VB was to end after Season 4, that would be the best place to do so.

edit: Or it could be that song really just fits. It goes well everywhere. Brock running back to the compound, the credits roll. It just worked perfectly.

There's also a really well-paced musical scene in the first episode of Season 2 featuring "Everybody's Free" by Aquagen that I thought fit the pace and the mood really, really well. It's a much more obscure song, though, and I one I don't think anybody really likes or cares about.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

ultramiraculous posted:

I'll take the murder machine on the right.

Ha ha ha I was just thinkin to myself I'd like a little of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Jack Gladney posted:

There's also a really well-paced musical scene in the first episode of Season 2 featuring "Everybody's Free" by Aquagen that I thought fit the pace and the mood really, really well. It's a much more obscure song, though, and I one I don't think anybody really likes or cares about.

Did I hear something about getting the rights to that song was actually pretty expensive? I think it was on a DVD commentary with the guys.

Of course pretty expensive could be relative in the realm of song licensing I suppose.