Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Changed my vote.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

SerSpook posted:

Barky is another good alternative.

Nah, Barkly is better.

And go ahead and ask

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Another vote for Beaky.

Also to those complaining about in-jokes, remember we did employ Dickbutt as a holy symbol in our previous game and it wasn't so bad. This is far milder.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Slaan posted:

Nah, Barkly is better.

And go ahead and ask

I'll vote for this if it's a reference to Gnarls Barkley.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

"KingDad, I'm hungry".......:unsmigghh:

Seriously though, we must be starving, and what's this nonsense Jalitha's saying about there being better food than seaweed cakes?

Also Ask;

Do people fight each other where we're going?
What's going to happen once we get to the your village?

Ask our brain;

Did Jorah or Pagam tell us any forest related stories?, since we'll possibly be travelling in it for a while.
Are any of the shells on our necklace the same shells that Dad used in any of his rituals?

Get a dog, I'm guessing it'll be some sort of wolfhound related hunting dog, therefore, huge and awesome. Voting to name it Jorah or Pagam, or another name that reminds us where we came from

No to asking that question, no need to put all our cards on the table yet. Besides, this would be another piece of the 'King realising our Dad was that sorcerer' puzzle people seemed to be afraid of a couple votes ago.

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 1, 2013

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I would like to change my vote to JORAH. It will remind us of our favorite uncle who was really a pretty great guy. Even though we will soon be dazzled and influenced by whatever is to be found in this great city, it is crucial that we are able to remind ourselves of the village we called home and its people we called family. I think Jalitha and the king would approve, as well. Plus Jorah is a good name for a dog and most of the names proposed so far have been stupid, ESPECIALLY Thegate that is the worst stupidest name please don't choose it. The other ones aren't so bad they're just dumb and unimaginative. JORAH is a rad name.

Besides that, let's ease off on the questions, work on learning the language and get to this city already!!

Play fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 1, 2013

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Paradox Personified posted:

Of course. :caranalogy:

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
My vote goes towards naming the puppy Jorah. It can remind us of the good parts of our childhood.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Skanky Burns posted:

My vote goes towards naming the puppy Jorah. It can remind us of the good parts of our childhood.

This!

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013

Skanky Burns posted:

Vote this

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Sigh...okkkkkk, I'll be a responsible CYOAer and change my vote from Beaky (the fun option) to Jorah (the serious option).

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Diogines posted:

"He says that men who wish to have them and that they well regarded."
That doesn't sound like dogs are the bottom-feeding, scrap-eating animals I presumed them to be. Sounds more like they could a respectable addition to our venue. I'm in favor of a dog, but only if we name him Gilgamel (Gilgamesh + El)

We had better keep the animal well trained and teach it that giving respect awards respect.

Snow Job
May 24, 2006

Skanky Burns posted:

Vote change.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Vote:
- Get dog, call it Barkley
- Don't ask poo poo

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Changing my vote to Jorah since that one might actually have a chance.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Name the dog Susan.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Ahhhhh, I love naming our beloved dog Beaky so much, but Jorah is probably better.

Changing my vote from Beaky to Jorah.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

OhYo posted:

That doesn't sound like dogs are the bottom-feeding, scrap-eating animals I presumed them to be. Sounds more like they could a respectable addition to our venue. I'm in favor of a dog, but only if we name him Gilgamel (Gilgamesh + El)

We had better keep the animal well trained and teach it that giving respect awards respect.

I mean if you're gonna combine names might as well call him Jor-El. That way he'll be named after both Jorah and El also he would be superman's dad.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I do not anticipate another update tonight, sorry folks.

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
Minivote: I will name him Jorah, because he could beat up anyone, yet he beat up no one.

EDIT: For us, this makes perfect sense: From being beaten by our "father" to seeking refuge with the (obviously stronger) Jorah, via us being raised in a religion where the definition of grace was god staying his hand and not smiting you. If there is any dishonour in having a dog named after you, we don't know it. We've never seen one; A puppy is a mighty beast!

Jesus is colourblin fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 1, 2013

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Play posted:

I would like to change my vote to JORAH. It will remind us of our favorite uncle who was really a pretty great guy. Even though we will soon be dazzled and influenced by whatever is to be found in this great city, it is crucial that we are able to remind ourselves of the village we called home and its people we called family. I think Jalitha and the king would approve, as well. Plus Jorah is a good name for a dog and most of the names proposed so far have been stupid, ESPECIALLY Thegate that is the worst stupidest name please don't choose it. The other ones aren't so bad they're just dumb and unimaginative. JORAH is a rad name.

Besides that, let's ease off on the questions, work on learning the language and get to this city already!!

um excuse me, it's Thegaté. Not The Gate, that would be silly!

But yeah, Jorah's also a good name. It might make mom :shobon: too

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Yeah, I'll change my jokevote to Jorah. The best cannibal we ever knew.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Jorah is going to be our new best friend. He will be named after our old best friend

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

A Darker Porpoise posted:

We will name the puppy Snarls Barkly.

Paradox Personified posted:

C'mon now! :v: we will be a soulful singing duo with our dog and it'll be great.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Hi I will vote for Jorah.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

DCBomB posted:

But yeah, Jorah's also a good name. It might make mom :shobon: too

I don't really have a vote for the dog's name, but there's a good chance that "Jorah" may be a bad choice if we're looking out for Jalitha. She had to leave her only protector (and implied lover) on the chance of freedom without being given the chance to say goodbye. Having her son flippantly name the family dog after his abandoned (and loving) uncle seems like it'd be insulting if not mildly traumatic.

Actually, I'm putting my vote toward Gilgamel.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
We're voting on a dog's name? I'll go with what someone earlier suggested.

Indiana

XOXO
Mar 8, 2013

Ask me about being weaker than a 60 year-old British woman.
Voting Jorah because I really don't want "Beaky"

edit: see later post

XOXO fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 1, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Things aren't just given names. They have names to be discovered. I vote we wait until we meet the puppy and discover its name, which might be any of the excellent names suggested.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Name the dog Jorah

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

I'm onboard with Jorah because while I loved Beaky in Akkad, it's time to move on.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Gilgamel is a pretty cool name, as much as I would love Snarls Barkly.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sogol posted:

Things aren't just given names. They have names to be discovered. I vote we wait until we meet the puppy and discover its name, which might be any of the excellent names suggested.

This makes sense and it's won me over. No name for now

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Funny options:

Don't - "Don't, get over here. Don't, stop that right now!"
Kitty - "Here kittykittykitty!" *dog appears

I like Indiana, but still going with the Gilgamel. "They named the DOG indiana"

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Gotta agree with No Name for Now.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Sebek never gave us a satifactory answer in the last one. Maybe this wise king can help us. Deadpan the king this riddle from our village:

"How many chucks could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

also

"What do donkeys and dogs and dragons taste like?"

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
The dog must be named Snarls Barkley

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

The dog must be named Snarls Barkley