Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Just tuning in, it seems like the kittens have pretty much given up protesting at her crashing down on top of them and are just taking it as they get used as cushions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

She's currently parked on top of the dark grey kitten and he's not having any of it. Oh yay, he managed to crawl out and now looks offended as hell :kimchi:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I love it when cats fall asleep with their tongues poking out:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

In case someone hasn't watched for a while, the kittens' eyes have now opened and they're starting to move around a bit more. Plus they look super cute.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Oh my goodness gracious I love the kitten cam :neckbeard: I just wish my computer could handle more than one going at once.

Watched the Mythbuster kittens get weighed tonight, all but Grant gained some, and John's keeping an eye on him and expecting a big gain tomorrow. Only Adam has his umbilical cord still, and he's starting to get little points. Mama Kari still insists on incubating them whenever she gets the chance, meaning she likes to flop down on top of them. They're starting to explore a little, too, but only just a little.

This is the third litter I've watched very carefully, my other two being the Scientists and Cosmonauts. This is so exciting!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Just tuned in after two or three days missed and holy crap they've changed.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Lobster Cam!

Edit: Hello meteloides! If you find any other cams that are decent, post them here and I'll put them in the OP. I really should go back and clean it up soon.

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 20, 2013

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

MikeJF posted:

Just tuned in after two or three days missed and holy crap they've changed.

They are turning into furry fat little sausages.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
John is on now petting the cats and about to do a weight in on one of the babies.

The mom cat is so loving to him, I want a cat like that :3:

I wonder if theres a reason there aren't any stuffed animals or toys in there. When John put his hand down the kitties were using it as a chin rest. Maybe they would like a change in head resting height :)

Danith fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 21, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Now their eyes are open he'll probably put a toy in there soon. He gradually builds up the environment.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Now their eyes are open he'll probably put a toy in there soon. He gradually builds up the environment.

The chicken-fish was in there for a while.

After not watching for a few days they're so noticeably different.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
They just came back from the vet, all is well.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Amanda's Babies has opened up the cage and they are now in a larger area. I'm thinking that might be a little early, but oh well.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
From the Critter Room:
Never has the Kitten Cam world been rocked since Ashgate. Adam is a girl.

Adam will still be called Adam, but will refer to her as "Addie" for a nickname.

How could this happen? Well, Addie has little tufts of fur besides her itty bitty girl bits that look like itty bitty boy bits. Needed to wait until she was older.

And Ash!

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 26, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Grant has just the cutest little kitten face I've ever seen and I really hope everything works out for him. I hope the vets' assessment that he is "very likely" to grow out of his condition is accurate.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
How cute is this though, full milk bar, and one kitten hanging out in the fish?

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Intuition as guided by experience
Adam is a girl!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

All self-respecting kitten cams must apparently have a chickenfish and a fishbed.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

All self-respecting kitten cams must apparently have a chickenfish and a fishbed.

Well, yeah!

7, seven kittens! Once they really start moving around, that one will be fun to watch.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I want to adopt Addy, damnit.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Grant is offensively adorable

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Adam sitting up like that her photo isn't a coincidence, by the way; she figured out how to sit up properly a couple of days ago and has been proudly doing it ever since. :3:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Now is a good time to tune in. The kittens are starting to learn to walk so there's a lot more mobility than before.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Different litters seems to pick up different traits and behaviours that you can often see in their mothers; like the Spice kittens groomed a lot more, and the Alien kittens were very much into poking things with their paws. This litter seems prone to lying on their backs with their paws in the air a lot more than the last ones.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, it's super adorable :kimchi:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Grant's little fat speckled belly is just too cute.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Here's a pic of Loki, from 7 kittens:

He is so pretty.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

SpannerX posted:

Here's a pic of Loki, from 7 kittens:

He is so pretty.

And he has a magnificent tail.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

I can't bear to watch Grant gasping for air....is he going to get better or is he stuck like that?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I can't bear to watch Grant gasping for air....is he going to get better or is he stuck like that?

Either he'll get better over time or they'll surgically expand his ribcage before he's adopted out.

Apparently he's actually pretty decent, John says he barely notices the effect compared to the other kittens unless Grant gets very active.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Apparently, Amanda's kittens has been... expanded to 18 kittens in the compound, 18! That's going to get... busy. :D

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Intuition as guided by experience

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Many people on the FB page have reported they have cats that had this same issue. All of them are perfectly healthy as adults. John has said that he thinks his breathing is improving and his chest is not as flat.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Grant seems like a little trooper, really. Despite his smaller size he's always grabbing the other guys for a battle. And he makes deliberate attempts to get himself standing up and walking properly off the ground.

And he's been making some great weight gains the past few days.

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?
nvm, sorry

Pheeets fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 3, 2013

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Still can't get over how pretty Kari is.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 3, 2013

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Helter Skelter posted:

Still can't get over how pretty Kari is.

She is lovely. Her kittens are an interesting study in genetics, especially considering Grant and Addy. I love how they're all having a great time with the Chickenfish right now. :3:

e: Addy's white toes = the best.

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 3, 2013

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Ars Arcanum posted:

She is lovely. Her kittens are an interesting study in genetics, especially considering Grant and Addy. I love how they're all having a great time with the Chickenfish right now. :3:

e: Addy's white toes = the best.

Grant's little spotty tummy is the best. Clearly.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

hailthefish posted:

Grant's little spotty tummy is the best. Clearly.

A tie. Grant reminds me of when one of my tabbies was a wee baby (still miss that boy, I got him when he was just a few weeks older than Kari's kittens are now. Lost him a couple years back when he was 16 due to cancer. :smith:).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Addie is just so ridiculously pretty.

• Locked thread