Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Saoshyant posted:

Are you mistaking this with Super Luigi U, which is getting a standalone version alongside the download-only DLC? A VC game shouldn't be getting a physical release, especially one as niche as Earthbound.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure they aren't doing one, but I wouldn't be unhappy if they did.
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/earthbound-listed-on-amazon-uk-could-see-physical-release/

And I agree, the series is kinda niche, but Nintendo has been doing good with releases like that lately (Kirby comes to mind, which as popular as Kirby is, I'm sure if they did the same thing for Earthbound, it'd sell as many copies as the Kirby collection probably did.)

So I think it's just a mistake listing, and we're likely just going to get the VC release, which is completely fine by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's just one of those random inaccurate listings that goes up every so often, you see tons of 'em every year. Best case scenario, Amazon will start selling digital codes for eShop/VC stuff in the same manner as Gamestop, Best Buy, etc.

Which makes sense, since they already do for some Wii stuff.

http://goo.gl/Co7QU

My guess is they just priced the code high like Amazon does with everything else when an MSRP hasn't been established to keep people from randomly buying something with no information, like how (I think) Wii U games were priced at nearly $100 online before the system came out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any word what Japan is getting next week? Lately it showing what the rest of the world is getting.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Saoshyant posted:

Yes. I do appreciate that Nintendo uses standard cards and file systems (and so should you).

In other words, gently caress Vita memory sticks.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

miscellaneous14 posted:

In other words, gently caress Vita memory sticks.

You can just use the Vita as a reader, can't you? I haven't downloaded many games so I haven't needed to upgrade yet. It wouldn't be so bad if the Sony stuff weren't so expensive.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
You need to use a content manager program they made, so you can't just drag and drop things on and off the system. Even better is if your connection is out for any reason, you can't use the program. :shepface:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rirse posted:

Any word what Japan is getting next week? Lately it showing what the rest of the world is getting.

I do usually check up on that stuff but I rarely post it because I figure it's not relevant.

Off the top of my head, I think they got the first Famicom Tantei Club game and Mario Bros. this week, and they're getting SMB and... something else next week.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Is there a reason why you're not saying what that something else is?

Its just Punch-Out.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yes, a fantastic reason: I couldn't remember what it was.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Yes, a fantastic reason: I couldn't remember what it was.

Oh, that's perfectly understandable, its not like Japans releases really affect us that much. Though perhaps we'll see SMB and Mario Bros next week, with a Buy 1 get the other half off sort of deal, though there's absolutely no reason to buy Mario Bros.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Oh, that's perfectly understandable, its not like Japans releases really affect us that much. Though perhaps we'll see SMB and Mario Bros next week, with a Buy 1 get the other half off sort of deal, though there's absolutely no reason to buy Mario Bros.

Crippling nostalgia?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mario Bros was one of my first videogames what with Nintendo not officially releasing their systems here in the very early 90's, Famiclones were absurdly common and my 20-in-1 cart had that game, along with Galaga, Galaxian, and Pacman to name a few. 15 years later, I bought one of the GBA Super Mario games just to have the old Mario Bros around and did it not disappoint.

It's a rather simple formula, sure, but it requires a good bit of improvising strategies in later stages. And that's the reason I still like that thing -- it's not all twitch platforming but figuring out what floor to be on to evade the energy balls, the ultra fast enemies, or the frozen blocks, and still manage to get as many coins as possible. It's true to its arcade roots, which is why it's great for a portable system.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Still Fluxing posted:

Crippling nostalgia?

More like if they ever release the Super Mario Advance games on the VC (Fat chance but its still a chance.) they'll all have Mario Bros. and that version doesn't have the awkward jumping of the original.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

RMZXAnarchy posted:

More like if they ever release the Super Mario Advance games on the VC (Fat chance but its still a chance.) they'll all have Mario Bros. and that version doesn't have the awkward jumping of the original.

Maybe they'll just wait a few years, get people to buy both.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Maybe they'll just wait a few years, get people to buy both.

They never did the same for Wario's Woods or Yoshi's Cookie. Doesn't give me much hope.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I just read that Ace Attorney 5 is going to be eShop only outside of Japan. What are the chances they release it for a sensible price? Will the Japanese release have English text as an option?

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I just read that Ace Attorney 5 is going to be eShop only outside of Japan. What are the chances they release it for a sensible price? Will the Japanese release have English text as an option?

If by sensible you mean less than retail, low. And there's no way the Japanese release is going to have English text, just like there wasn't a chance of that for ever other game that wasn't a GBA port. I'm surprised people still bother getting their hopes up for that.

You should be happy they didn't just elect to skip it like Layton vs. GS or Gyakuten Kenji 2

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I just hope it would be the same price as Project X Zone. Actually, if all 3DS games in Europe would be that price I'd only buy digital copies

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Which brings me to an important question: How do I delete demos?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Call Now posted:

Which brings me to an important question: How do I delete demos?

In the system settings there's something about data management. That's how you delete demos and trailers.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Call Now posted:

I just hope it would be the same price as Project X Zone. Actually, if all 3DS games in Europe would be that price I'd only buy digital copies

They announced a price for digital Project X Zone?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

They announced a price for digital Project X Zone?

It's been listed for a while already as around 30€ (I don't know exactly how much, sometimes the exchange rates are just so wack)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So how long do you have to take the Post Play survey on eShop Downloads for coins? Want to get the Zelda Oracle games, but I reached Elite for the year. I don't NEED them immediately, but would love to take advantage of having the coins go towards 2014 and getting the sale.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It should say when they expire. The surveys for the Zeldas haven't popped up for me yet, but the DKCR survey says that it expires September 20.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Flipnote 3D info! I'm just gonna quote the whole thing, it's pretty straightforward:

quote:

Flipnote Studio™ 3D is coming to the Nintendo 3DS™ system in August 2013! Along with a brand new animation creation application in Flipnote Studio 3D, two communities will be launched where you can share your flipnote creations. Flipnote Gallery: Friends makes it easy for you to open a gallery and share with your Nintendo 3DS friends. In Flipnote Gallery: World, you can share your flipnotes with users from all over the world. Both communities will launch at the same time as the Flipnote Studio 3D software.

What is Flipnote Gallery: Friends?

Flipnote Gallery: Friends is a free community service where you can enjoy sharing your flipnotes with friends you’ve registered on your Nintendo 3DS.

Features of Flipnote Gallery: Friends

-You can create an online gallery and invite your friends to visit and participate.
-Up to 20 people, including you, can participate in each gallery.
-You can post comments, rate flipnotes and download your favorite flipnotes to your Nintendo 3DS.
-You can have up to two galleries open at any given time. Each gallery will be available for 15 days. When one closes, you can open another.

What is Flipnote Gallery: World?

Flipnote Gallery: World is a paid community service where users can share flipnotes with other Flipnote Studio 3D users from all around the world. The first 30 days of use will be a free trial period. After the free trial, you will need to buy a pass for $0.99 every 30 days to participate. Flipnote Gallery: World will be available free between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

*The time is configured according to Current Time info in System Settings of Nintendo 3DS.

Features of Flipnote Gallery: World

You can post comments, rate flipnotes and download your favorite flipnotes to your Nintendo 3DS. For these activities, you need coins. A certain number of coins are included when you buy a pass.

Free pass for Flipnote Gallery: World

You can collect points through activities in Flipnote Gallery: World. After collecting a certain number of points, you will receive a pass, good for the next 30 days. There are two types of points – Coin Points and Collectors’ Points. Coin Points can be collected when you post flipnotes. Collector’s Points can be earned by introducing flipnotes that gain popularity within the community. Additional details will be provided closer to launch.

Collect Coin Points as a Flipnote Creator:
Earn good ratings by posting quality flipnotes. You will receive Coin Points based on how well your flipnotes are rated by the community. After earning a certain number of Coin Points, you will receive a pass to participate over the next 30 days for no additional charge. Additional details will be provided closer to launch.

Collect Collector Points as a Flipnote Collector:
There are other ways to earn points besides creating flipnotes. You can participate in the community as a collector. A collector finds and rates quality flipnotes and creates a collection. Your collection will be shared with other users. When a lot of visitors view your collection, you'll earn Collector’s Points. If you earn a lot of Collector’s Points and get a high Collector’s Ranking, you may be awarded a pass to participate over the next 30 days at no additional charge. Additional details will be provided closer to launch.

So, you can participate in the Flipnote Gallery: World not only as a creator, but also as a collector who finds unique flipnotes and introduces them to others.

tl;dr: you can share with friends for free, you can view the global gallery for free for a few hours each day, and you can pay a monthly sub to access the global gallery whenever you want.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

tl;dr: you can share with friends for free, you can view the global gallery for free for a few hours each day, and you can pay a monthly sub to access the global gallery whenever you want.

I'm not so sure. This bit:

quote:

Flipnote Gallery: World will be available free between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

*The time is configured according to Current Time info in System Settings of Nintendo 3DS.
makes me think that all you would need to do to get around it is just set your 3DS clock to 3:00PM local time.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I wonder why nobody talked about Monster Shooter yet.

Nice twin-stick style shooter with tons of mobs to mow down. Good graphics and animations.
It's based on missions/shop paradigm (like Really Big Sky or Jetpack Joyride).

It's also available on Steam Greenlight too.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93084468

gameface posted:

I'm not so sure. This bit:

makes me think that all you would need to do to get around it is just set your 3DS clock to 3:00PM local time.

So it would be free for watch for middle schoolers at afternoon: that means Nintendo is for babby.
:thumbsup:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

gameface posted:

S-surely Nintendo would try to avoid losing that precious money?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They have server side time now, or else my clock would be set to June 9th to buy Animal Crossing already.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 6):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    ZombiU - €29.99 / £24.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Just Dance 4 - €29.99 / £24.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Ben 10 Omniverse - €29.99 / £29.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Spelunker (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    50% off Ghosts 'n Goblins if you own Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts! (Wii U VC) - ends June 6
    Spelunker (Wii U VC) - €3.49 / £2.39 from June 6-13
    Toki Tori 2 (Wii U eShop) - 25% off until June 6
    Trine 2: Directors Cut (Wii U eShop) - 50% off from June 6 to June 27
    Super Metroid (SNES VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 until June 14

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Tetris - €9.99 / £8.99
DSiWARE
    Jewel Quest 4 Heritage - 800 Points / €7.99 / £7.19
    Break Tactics - 500 Points / €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 20
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 20

Lots of price reductions, not a whole lot of new stuff.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Not that I plan on buying it, but a second week without Mega Man X is silly.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
Tetris - €9.99 / £8.99

Oh hey, look, a game priced reasonably. :argh:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Box of Bunnies posted:

Not that I plan on buying it, but a second week without Mega Man X is silly.

Maybe they're holding it back so they can do a launch deal with OG Mega Man, I dunno.

EDIT: looked at the JP VC library, they've already got Rockman 3 but none of the others, weird.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 3, 2013

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

limaCAT posted:

Oh hey, look, a game priced reasonably. :argh:

Is the 3DS tetris any good? Can't say I've played much tetris since I was a boy but it seems like the kind of game that would be good to have on your system to waste a bit of time.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Some may say Tetris DS is superior, but it's Tetris. It's well done. And it's portable in its digital format. Go for it.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
I think it's quite good. Lots of game modes (including an amusing one where you drop stairs for a little man to climb up), nice presentation and music, and still active online multiplayer.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

MrFlibble posted:

Is the 3DS tetris any good?

Priced at 9.99€ yes, it's a steal.

Priced like Sleeping Dogs or any other PC game? Not much.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Thank you all. I just unexpectedly won an ebay auction I was expecting to lose, so it looks like if I buy anything on the eshop it'll be the two oracle games while they're on sale, but I'll pick it up later for sure.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
New Club Nintendo rewards are up:

Super Mario 3- Wii VC
F-Zero X-Wii VC
Link n' Launch- DS Ware
Metroid 2 -3DS VC

So pretty decent selection again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Palmtree Panic posted:

New Club Nintendo rewards are up:

Super Mario 3- Wii VC
F-Zero X-Wii VC
Link n' Launch- DS Ware
Metroid 2 -3DS VC

So pretty decent selection again.

Man I am bad at F-Zero X, but it's well worth the 200 coins. Just can't remember the tricks to killing the other racers.