Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
RIP Gorilla babies :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

priznat posted:

RIP Gorilla babies :(

Too beautiful for this world. (How did the gorilla get babies anyway?)

Look at them and remember.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Aw man you're not helping :cry:

Also yeah where's the other gorilla parent??

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

That guerrilla was the mom. King Guerrilla was the dad. Enjoy your blown minds.

[edit] Also seriously, Hatred has tits the day after Operation PROM, but no tits the night of. What the hell? Did I miss the explanation for that? He definitely had tits at the start of the show when he was taking Princess Tinyfeet home. Maybe since the Halloween episode takes place during this episode, every episode this season takes place during the 3 month period of building the force field, and the entire thing is Hatreds tit's origin story.

vv hey don't blame me I didn't write the show.

Umph fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 3, 2013

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

So does that make Dr Girlfriend their aunt or something?

dumbest theory ever

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Umph posted:

The gorilla wasn't a young, supple Tarzan :colbert:

E: Seriously though, the "Tarzipan" line is one of my favorites in the whole show.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Winklebottom posted:

Too beautiful for this world. (How did the gorilla get babies anyway?)

Look at them and remember.

Poor Hatred (sorry, Courtney) was still crying when they were setting up the tents for the interns.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

X_Toad posted:

I'm guessing that it's to destroy something from his 'old' life...

Why did you have to be right? Why!!! :qq:

RIP Mr. Reachy... you were such a good giraffe :smith:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

X_Toad posted:

Poor Hatred (sorry, Courtney) was still crying when they were setting up the tents for the interns.

I'm curious now we know his real first name if his last name is Hatred or something equally embarrassing?

Maybe he and Hunter can hang out and talk about having man tits at least!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Remember that post I made about how Operation P.R.O.M was suspiciously full of success for a show about failure? Yeah well this episode, with it's after-prom start up managed to nail every success story.

Brock didn't get the closure he needed from Molotov.

Gary didn't get to enjoy his new found life in the SPHINX club.

Hatred didn't get his Apache flower back.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Illuminado posted:

RIP Mr. Reachy... you were such a good giraffe :smith:

He never actually threw him on the fire, though that might've been an animation oversight since he hasn't got him in his hands when the camera zooms out.

Why yes, I have rewatched this too many times.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

X_Toad posted:

That was the funniest minor detail. Darkest gag, darkest gag, darkest gag!

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Remember that post I made about how Operation P.R.O.M was suspiciously full of success for a show about failure? Yeah well this episode, with it's after-prom start up managed to nail every success story.

It's a pretty perfect follow-up. Prom is that great night of feeling on top of the world, and then next morning you wake up next to a Brundlefly'd prostitute.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Brock didn't get the closure he needed from Molotov.

Gary didn't get to enjoy his new found life in the SPHINX club.

Hatred didn't get his Apache flower back.

Well Dean still felt empowered enough to tell the Outrider to go gently caress himself. That's kind of a win right? :unsmith:

Gary could be fine as SPHINX Commander. It certainly seems he's over being a henchman considering how he brushed off the Monarch who was even asking about GoT, which probably would have piqued his interest in any other situation.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

OGS-Remix posted:

Well Dean still felt empowered enough to tell the Outrider to go gently caress himself. That's kind of a win right? :unsmith:

Not just once - But twice!

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
That was a good episode! I wouldn't put it anywhere near my top favorites, but it was still quality Venture. My only major complaint is that I really wish Doc and Jackson would stop voicing big characters. August St Cloud sound way too much like Jackson doing a silly voice and not enough like his own character.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Not just once - But twice!

I can't wait for the Outriders mistake in actually trying to talk to Rusty about this.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Speed Crazy posted:

That was a good episode! I wouldn't put it anywhere near my top favorites, but it was still quality Venture. My only major complaint is that I really wish Doc and Jackson would stop voicing big characters. August St Cloud sound way too much like Jackson doing a silly voice and not enough like his own character.

I agree with this. Besides 24/21, the best voices in the show are from other people. Brock and Orpheus are good examples. St Cloud sounds like Hank with a cold, it's distracting. Part of the reasn Orheous is such a great character is because the dude who voices him has a tremendous voice. It's not bad to hire out, just one guy with talent could voice a half dozen characters with no overlap.

vv I didn't think about it man, the fact that they're both guerrillas is as far as I got with it.

Umph fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 4, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Umph posted:

So you're saying they're Dr. Mrs. The Monarch's siblings?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Hey where was Orpheus and the triad in this episode?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Re-watching this episode, it seems like Rusty has a habit of nodding off... for whole days. Like the part where his brother calls and he thinks that its Wednesday, but Jonas tells him its actually Thursday. He was also found asleep when he was supposed to be figuring out how to reverse the mutations.

Venture Fight Club? Or am I reading too much into it.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

It took me the longest time to realize the Halloween episode really was set during the commercial break. I thought that it was just adult swim loving with people.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Numlock posted:

Re-watching this episode, it seems like Rusty has a habit of nodding off... for whole days. Like the part where his brother calls and he thinks that its Wednesday, but Jonas tells him its actually Thursday. He was also found asleep when he was supposed to be figuring out how to reverse the mutations.

Venture Fight Club? Or am I reading too much into it.

He thought it was Wednesday because he was woken up at like 2 AM on Thursday, meaning he went to sleep just a few hours before on Wednesday.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Friends Are Evil posted:

It took me the longest time to realize the Halloween episode really was set during the commercial break. I thought that it was just adult swim loving with people.

Same. In general that bump helped because it makes it clear how much time has passed. Like when it comes back not much indicates how much time has passed, but once you realize that an entire episode happened in the commercial break, it kind of gives a better idea of the pace at which the episode is going.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

axleblaze posted:

Same. In general that bump helped because it makes it clear how much time has passed. Like when it comes back not much indicates how much time has passed, but once you realize that an entire episode happened in the commercial break, it kind of gives a better idea of the pace at which the episode is going.

Yeah it took me until half way through the second half of the episode to really grasp what that bump meant, once it was made clear that we were now months away from the start and it was full winter out there.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Umph posted:

I'm sorry, I just have to point this out:

Gorilla:

Guerilla:

:eng101:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I wanted to point it out but it just kept happening so I just figured spelling it Guerrilla must be an in-joke or something.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

I think it's a result of me relying on spell check to think for me pretty much every time I type now.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

What did the adult swim bump say?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Alctel posted:

What did the adult swim bump say?

To watch the Venture Bros Halloween special because it takes place during one of the commercial breaks, "You have 4 minutes" it said if I remember right.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
Are there new people working on the animation? There are quite a lot of meaningless blank stares that are prevalent on 21 and Hatred throughout the episode.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.

The Impaler posted:

Are there new people working on the animation? There are quite a lot of meaningless blank stares that are prevalent on 21 and Hatred throughout the episode.

One of them did was/is a goon and has since moved on. It is tough to keep coming back when they don't have a regular schedule.

They probably had a new set of people doing the storyboards before they sent them overseas.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

The Impaler posted:

That's hardly new- that scene in Tag Sale, You're It! where Baron Unterbheit takes off his mask?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Friends Are Evil posted:

I watched it on youtube. Was there a bumper card at some point that explained when it happened?

Umph posted:

I think it's a result of me relying on spell check to think for me pretty much every time I type now.

That's why you always ask for it to be used in a sentence.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Install Gentoo posted:

Yeah it took me until half way through the second half of the episode to really grasp what that bump meant, once it was made clear that we were now months away from the start and it was full winter out there.

At the start of the episode JJ says they have three months to deliver the shield and he picked it up at the due date at the end of the episode so yeah, it took three months from beginning to end. I'm wondering if they're going to put any other episodes in between.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I thought the falling snow was gorgeous.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

Pope Guilty posted:

That's hardly new- that scene in Tag Sale, You're It! where Baron Unterbheit takes off his mask?

Guess I noticed it less when it wasn't a main character.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
All this talk of musical bits has me trying to figure out a certain song from an episode in the show. The only thing I really remember is that it sounded vaguely like a bizarro happy Robert Smith and I would recognize it in a second. For how many times I've rewatched this show I should know this but I can't find ANYTHING on google.

Wax On
Mar 22, 2007

drop a bat beat
Are you thinking of this? It played over Brock's training montage.

e. I also found the other song, Mitre Storm, that plays during the Rusty and Myra love scene.

Wax On fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 4, 2013

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Impaler posted:

The World Leaders vanity card was replaced with a Titmouse card there at the end so... probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN posted:

Doc's still completely incompetent, but it was incompetence and dumb luck that wound up getting the Gargantua 2 shield finished. When Billy's explaining the mutations he mentions the interns' new Einstein-like intelligence. THAT is how the shield got finished, and also how things spiraled out of control so quickly. All Doc did was not warn the interns about the insane radioactivity in the workplace, kill one of the interns, lie to his brother a couple times, roofie everyone, and take credit for everything in the end.

And that's why he'll always be my third-favorite character (behind Brock and Shore Leave). He's a colossal dick that can't do anything right, but it's him being so easy to hate that makes him so easy to like.

You're right; he's not competent at unethical science, he just manages to maintain the appearance of competence a little longer before the charade falls apart. the Joy Can worked, until it trapped everyone inside and Venturestein seemed like a success until he wandered off in search of pros-i-tutes. He still fails, it just takes a little longer for his failure to become apparent.

Also the opening montage was perfect. Much as I loved the nonlinearity of season four's opener, I loved the direct connections between these two seasons. While the point of the previous opener was to clearly delineate between the seasons to set up the fact that season four feature far more character growth than previous ones, I think this opener served to show us that the growth we witnessed in that season will continue. And I can't wait.