Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

We might question things when we are settled and have time to think, but right now we are caught up in currents we can't control and the only way to survive is to go with the flow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

A, N

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

SerSpook posted:

As far as J goes, I think it is probably a good idea to get to know the future king. Tudiya is a good man, and deserves our thanks. However, Danal is our future and will likely be someone that we journey with often.

Yes, going with this. BFF's 5evr

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

JT Jag posted:

Bow our heads and silently pray to both El and Asherah, as we always have.

Always this!

XOXO
Mar 8, 2013

Ask me about being weaker than a 60 year-old British woman.
H and M

edit: I can't read. See later vote.

XOXO fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 4, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
A

L. We have not grieved as of yet. We do not know how they will interpret this, but we don't need to say what the basis for our crying is.

Edit: I think we need to pray because of the whole truth telling thing. Long term plans and working out deities and such is a different matter.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 4, 2013

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008

JT Jag posted:

This, but with M.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

SerSpook posted:

As far as J goes, I think it is probably a good idea to get to know the future king. Tudiya is a good man, and deserves our thanks. However, Danal is our future and will likely be someone that we journey with often.

+1

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

A + J

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Not A+J

Seriously. Let's stop being so goody two-shoes. Let's do something interesting. We're already special. We can always switch to loving El. We're still very young.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 4, 2013

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Pray to El and Asherah as we've always done.

And I, Danal is our new besty.

EVG fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jun 4, 2013

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
A and J

I'm glad we finally have a friend.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
OPTION A - Bow your head and pray as Tudiya instructed you to, to El.

OPTION K - Your entire life you have felt as if you did not fit in. Athar was never your home and it's people never accepted you as one of their own. Because never were. You are finally going home. You have finally been rescued. You owe it all to Tudiya. You thank him sincerely.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, I'll go along with this. Might as well grab on to something, and a new friend seems uncomplicated enough.

I'm suspicious of this Labaras dude; how oddly placed he seems in an otherwise El-centric narrative. Going to be keeping an 'eye' on mentions of him.

Brian Moser
Mar 11, 2012
, my votes.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
+

new dad, nice dad.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Pray to El and Asherah as we've always done.

I'm filled with emotion! Let's set the pot to simmer and one day flash boil all over this town.

This gets my vote.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

SerSpook posted:

This We'll be having awesome adventures with our bro in no time.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
You A voters are all traitors. :colbert:

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

JT Jag posted:

Your fish god stinks.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
B + I

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
A + J

Also pray to ONEGOD

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag posted:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Tudiya might not even be our Dad! We were just told that the king normally only cuts his sons hair, that doesn't mean we've been adopted or anything! It's potentially just an honorable thing that has happened to us.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
+

Maybe I would have remained loyal to fish god had the taught us how to use his lasers. But he didn't, so Asherah only has himself to blame. :colbert:

Zybourne Clock fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 4, 2013

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

JT Jag posted:

Our character is just really easily led. One little display of not-being-killed-by-lightning-powers and we're all dreamy-eyed and writing in our diary about him.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Zybourne Clock posted:

Maybe I would have remained loyal to fish god had the taught us how to use his lasers. But he didn't, so Asherah only has himself to blame. :colbert:

Hey, we've got the tooth, but we're going to have to stay loyal to Asherah if we want the death lightning!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

jng2058 posted:

Hey, we've got the tooth, but we're going to have to stay loyal to Asherah if we want the death lightning!

You mean mildly inconvenience lightning. :colbert:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A + I

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Voting and .

edit: changed votes to nice buttons.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 4, 2013

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

B + M

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

SerSpook posted:

Yeah, it didn't even kill the 2 other guys that got hit, left alone the king. Lightning sucks.

Voting not M. Not a fan of the whole vengeance thing.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

SerSpook posted:

It might have been death lightning if Shushems' faith wasn't weak!

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Hm!

I'll note that according to the king, El sent his angels to slay Leviathan, among other monsters. He did not say that Leviathan WAS slain, though. I assume, since he can speak in tongues, that was intentional and not a quirk of translation. I'm pretty sure Leviathan lived, wounded and weakened, and set up shop in our village to grow strong on flesh and worship.

M + H if "pray to both" is even an option. M + F if we must choose one.

UppaTree fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 4, 2013

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A and J BROS FOR LYFE!

The Bad Llama
Nov 22, 2004
The coke is just for color...
Voting F + M

Og is who we are and have been for our entire lives. One terrible day will not change that yet. We were training to be a priest of Asherah and that is very much a part of us still.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

H - Pray to El and Asherah, as we have always done
+
J - Finally!!, a friend, that's all we ever wanted wasn't it guys?

Bonus vengeance scenario for those who are so inclined; Danal likes stories, right? Well he's not the only one with stories, we've got cool ones too!, ones about whales and poo poo! ("Nah uh, they do to exist, they're the children of Asherah and I totally saw one - they're even bigger than your house! What?, who's Asherah you ask?...."

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

UppaTree posted:

Hm!

I'll note that according to the king, El sent his angels to slay Leviathan, among other monsters. He did not say that Leviathan WAS slain, though. I assume, since he can speak in tongues, that was intentional and not a quirk of translation. I'm pretty sure Leviathan lived, wounded and weakened, and set up shop in our village to grow strong on flesh and worship.

Diogines posted:

"On the Fourth day the Angels descended upon the world to slay Leviathan, Dragoom, Quetzatl, Ogar and Asharak to prepare the way for what was to come and, it was good."

Close, but I think Asharak = Asherah makes more sense. And yeah, considering that Dad could still throw lightning, it suggests that the whole "Kill the ancient monsters" plan didn't exactly pan out.

Which is why we should be trying to level up and get ourselves some Lightning RageTM.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

and

Time to start a new, non-abusive life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalam
Oct 30, 2010
H Pray to Asherah and El, and mean both.
J