Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

The World Leaders vanity card was replaced with a Titmouse card there at the end so... probably.

Yeah, they picked up production starting with Shallow Gravy. They should be more efficient than WL since they're a bigger company so people are hoping for tighter season scheduling between 5 and 6. But I'm not sure it's possible to rush Doc and Jackson.

To answer someone else's question, it is Urbaniak doing the Titmouse chirp. In the Halloween episode it was Dean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't have any great insights to add and for the most part I've forgotten everything from the most recent seasons because they were, y'know, half a lifetime ago, but I love this show and I hope it just continues forever.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

muscles like this? posted:

At the start of the episode JJ says they have three months to deliver the shield and he picked it up at the due date at the end of the episode so yeah, it took three months from beginning to end. I'm wondering if they're going to put any other episodes in between.

I highly doubt a WHOLE episode... But when he was talking with [that one girl] Dean mentions all the happenings of the Halloween episode and tops it all off with, "Well how was your Halloween?" So we can safely assume that it was a sort of aside.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Your figures are bad. They're bad figures.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

The World Leaders vanity card was replaced with a Titmouse card there at the end so... probably.

The writing/pre-production studio stateside has changed from World Leaders to Titmouse, but the overseas studio animating the show is still Digital eMation, has it has been since the first non-pilot episode. Also Jackson Publick still directs every episode, so he still makes sure everything looks the way it should.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

Wax On posted:

Are you thinking of this? It played over Brock's training montage.

e. I also found the other song, Mitre Storm, that plays during the Rusty and Myra love scene.

Thanks the training montage is exactly what I was looking for!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
2nding the montage music, I always wanted to get that drat song. It plays low key so you never hear the lyrics fully. This goes up with getting the Byron Oprehus theme without him talking.

Best nerd gift idea? Get the Think Geek music sounding shirt and putting that theme. Why? Because I have a friend named Byron who is also a huge fan of VB.

Nice Jump there Gary.

This sucks. Yeah Didn't go as planned did it?

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 4, 2013

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Just got around to this.

I'm kind of upset that I didn't know it was on Youtube so I could have watched it during lunch. I'm also upset at myself for not watching it yesterday.

It was worth every delicious penny.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

door Door door posted:

Also the opening montage was perfect. Much as I loved the nonlinearity of season four's opener, I loved the direct connections between these two seasons. While the point of the previous opener was to clearly delineate between the seasons to set up the fact that season four feature far more character growth than previous ones, I think this opener served to show us that the growth we witnessed in that season will continue. And I can't wait.

Season 4's premiere took me a couple of viewings to really understand what happened. The narrative structure was experimental like Memento, which was cool to see in an animated show but the pacing was so hectic. I liked that 5's premiere took its time to show what happened to everyone and even seamlessly transitioned from one character's situation to another's in the same scene. Also, 4's finale made it seem like most of the cast was going through really drastic changes but 5's premiere made those changes look more like a lateral movement in characterization than actual progression.

It's also great that what constituted as major plot points in previous seasons could be made as one-off jokes in rapid-fire succession.

"No way! You barely play with RoboBo anymore. No more androids! Get a cat or something."

"Do I know that girl? I feel like we made out or something..."
"Ooh, Check your watch! That works for me, sometimes."

"Learn to recognize the telltale signs of a blunderer!"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Is there a hq youtube or MP3 of what in my mind is "the super science song?" The one with the fast arpreggiated synth and the chorus?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

qirex posted:

Is there a hq youtube or MP3 of what in my mind is "the super science song?" The one with the fast arpreggiated synth and the chorus?
It's one of the DVD menus, so I very much doubt there isn't. Hell if I can find it, though.

Speed Crazy posted:

That was a good episode! I wouldn't put it anywhere near my top favorites, but it was still quality Venture. My only major complaint is that I really wish Doc and Jackson would stop voicing big characters. August St Cloud sound way too much like Jackson doing a silly voice and not enough like his own character.
It's Hank. It's the Hank voice. It's like... almost no different at all.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
You're a Bum, Rock!

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
LEAVE US, IMP!

The Impaler fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 4, 2013

Vira
Mar 6, 2007
The backgrounds are really well done in this episode.

I noticed this while going through a few scenes.

A subtle little bit of foreshadowing.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

That was SO worth the wait.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

qirex posted:

Not sure which song you're talking about, but there's a whole set of songs on the soundtrack. Might help you narrow it down.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001W2F9OC/ref=dm_ty_trk

edit: Wait, are you thinking of the one that goes "zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoooom"? Because I don't think that's on there.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 4, 2013

Morozko
Dec 21, 2010

Shrek is love
Shrek is life
I think one of my favorite bits in the episode that I haven't seen anyone mention was St. Cloud getting out of his batmobile by very ungracefully climbing out. Him having a bunch of expensive pop culture memorabilia was a nice touch. And even made better that he often got his dates wrong. Highlander came out in 1986, not 1983. :eng101:

I also noticed that in the preview for the next episode, we saw a lot of Hank but very little of Dean. I think it's easy to assume that Hank goes with Rusty and Hatred to...whatever they're going to while Dean stays behind. So what the hell is Dean going to do while they're gone? Hang out with Gary? Thalia? (if she ever even shows up again).

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Morozko posted:

I think one of my favorite bits in the episode that I haven't seen anyone mention was St. Cloud getting out of his batmobile by very ungracefully climbing out. Him having a bunch of expensive pop culture memorabilia was a nice touch. And even made better that he often got his dates wrong. Highlander came out in 1986, not 1983. :eng101:

I love St. Cloud's villain outfit. Does anyone else think that his albino sidekick's outfit looks like a recolored Wonderboy's?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The only thing I wonder, did the the drugs that Rusty pumped in erase Dean's memories of being clone? Seems like all the university students seem to forget all their time mutated, and the Halloween episode happened during this time.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Were there jokes in the stupid fantasy-names? The Lee Hun Took, etc? Is that Klingon/Quenya(not Sindarin)? Or just random sci-fi/sci-fi noises.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

ultramiraculous posted:

Yup, it's the guy from the gameshow.

The contestant who called Billy out for cheating on Quizboys was a chubby Richie Rich-looking blond kid named Todd.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Wasn't Saint Cloud the guy in "Tag Sale, you're it!" who got all excited when he found a box of girly mags?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Aziz Ansari did really well. It makes me wish they could afford to pay for some other voice actors.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

QuarkJets posted:

Wasn't Saint Cloud the guy in "Tag Sale, you're it!" who got all excited when he found a box of girly mags?

"Our very own Sarah Meeshell GellARR."

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Bobulus posted:

edit: Wait, are you thinking of the one that goes "zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoooom"? Because I don't think that's on there.
Yeah, every time there's a filmstrip or testicular torsion PSA.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

My only 'complaint' with the episode is Saint Cloud sounding too much like Hank doing a silly accent. And I can't unhear it.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I'm glad we got some Dr Z, he always makes me laugh. There's something wonderful about his friendly enthusiasm for villainy.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

QuarkJets posted:

He was also in Now Museum - Now You Don't. He is probably in others but I can't name any off the top of my head.

And for those complaining about the voices the reason why they don't like to have reoccurring characters to have other voice actors is so they don't run into the problems they have had with Professor Impossible / Steven Colbert and Sgt. Hatred / Brandon Small.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Sereri posted:

My only 'complaint' with the episode is Saint Cloud sounding too much like Hank doing a silly accent. And I can't unhear it.

I didn't even notice it until people in this thread brought it up. Thanks assholes.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Djarum posted:

And for those complaining about the voices the reason why they don't like to have reoccurring characters to have other voice actors is so they don't run into the problems they have had with Professor Impossible / Steven Colbert and Sgt. Hatred / Brandon Small.

While Hatred is really obvious, I didn't notice that Impossible wasn't Stephen Colbert anymore for the longest time. JP did a great job approximating the voice on that one.

knife super power
Nov 4, 2010

Bloodnose posted:

While Hatred is really obvious, I didn't notice that Impossible wasn't Stephen Colbert anymore for the longest time. JP did a great job approximating the voice on that one.

Professor Impossible is voiced by Bill Hader now. Also, am I the only one that thought Jonas Jr. was kind of a dick in this episode? He's just sitting on his rear end calling Rusty to ask, "Hey, you got that shield ready yet?"

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

knife super power posted:

Professor Impossible is voiced by Bill Hader now. Also, am I the only one that thought Jonas Jr. was kind of a dick in this episode? He's just sitting on his rear end calling Rusty to ask, "Hey, you got that shield ready yet?"

And it's not what he's saying, it's how he says it. Like he's really sticking it to ya, you know?

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Djarum posted:

He was also in Now Museum - Now You Don't. He is probably in others but I can't name any off the top of my head.

They could just hire nobodies and put them on contract. It doesn't have to be famous people.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Umph posted:

They could just hire nobodies and put them on contract. It doesn't have to be famous people.

They still have to be good though. Maybe they think that if the show's goingto have terrible voices, they might as well use theirs?

Theory of mine : we're going to see Gary and Hatred become real buddies this season, creating a new Hammer/Publick duo out of pre-existing characters.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Umph posted:

Well what's the use of having your own tv show if you can't have famous people on it :colbert:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Action Tortoise posted:

I love St. Cloud's villain outfit. Does anyone else think that his albino sidekick's outfit looks like a recolored Wonderboy's?

I can see it now:

"It issss a verry raaare prrooototype of the orriggginal Wuuunderboyy costuume...only onnne iss knowwn toooo existtt."

I *really* wanted whoever was going to pop out of the Batmobile to be voiced by Kevin Conroy. I really hope they got him back for this season.

Oh *poo poo* yes, Kevin Conroy IS back this season: http://www.awn.com/news/television/venture-bros-returns-season-5

"In season five, The Venture Bros. welcomes the guest voice talent of Aziz Ansari, Paget Brewster, Wyatt Cenac, Kevin Conroy, Bill Hader, John Hodgman, Gillian Jacobs, Kate McKinnon, Tim Meadows, J.K. Simmons, and Brendon Small."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jun 4, 2013

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Aziz Ansari did really well. It makes me wish they could afford to pay for some other voice actors.

It makes me sad that everyone's pointing out Aziz, but I don't think anyone else noticed that Tommy the main green suit guy was Wyatt Cenac.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Oh *poo poo* yes, Kevin Conroy IS back this season: http://www.awn.com/news/television/venture-bros-returns-season-5

"In season five, The Venture Bros. welcomes the guest voice talent of Aziz Ansari, Paget Brewster, Wyatt Cenac, Kevin Conroy, Bill Hader, John Hodgman, Gillian Jacobs, Kate McKinnon, Tim Meadows, J.K. Simmons, and Brendon Small."

In retrospect, there were a few scenes with Captain Sunshine in the trailers, we could have guessed as much.

axleblaze posted:

It makes me sad that everyone's pointing out Aziz, but I don't think anyone else noticed that Tommy the main green suit guy was Wyatt Cenac.

Is he a survivor too?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jazz babies posted:

That was SO worth the wait.

God yes. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish, everything I could have hoped for and more. I absolutely lost it at the loving Ewok dance party tribute at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

X_Toad posted:

In retrospect, there were a few scenes with Captain Sunshine in the trailers, we could have guessed as much.

Not necessarily. As I recall, there was a post-Hank-as-Wonderboy appearance/cameo of Captain Sunshine where he didn't speak.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 4, 2013