Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

JT Jag posted:

Bow our heads and silently pray to both El and Asherah, as we always have.

Rolling with this, I still want us to have dual-options in the Fishgod and Skygod skill trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

H. Pray to El AND pray to Asherah. Mean both. El seems a much nicer and kinder deity than Asherah, but it seems wrong to so easily turn one's back on what you've been taught your whole life. Ex-dad might have been a dick, but that doesn't mean everything was wholly wrong. No disrespect meant to new dad, but we can't cast everything aside all at once. Besides, if El is watching, maybe he'll understand. And Asherah doesn't seem the sort to forgive, so might as well hedge our bets. Matters of faith are a little confusing right now.

J. Danal's acceptance doesn't seem to come with any strings, and that's nice given how strange the day has been. I mean, Jalitha cut our hair, leading to conflict. Her words lead to ex-dad getting stabbed in front of us. She inadvertently created a conflict in our mind that we'll eventually have to solve. She cares for us, and I'm sure we care for her, and she's been through a lot herself, but drat if these aren't the sort of things that lead to requiring therapy later in life. Danal's acceptance seems much less complicated.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

C and J

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

C and I

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

We'll be kickass adventuring bro's for life :iamafag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkAYze6ae18

baby picture
Aug 7, 2004

I wish I could press a button and a rope would instantly tie around my ankle and I would be hung out of the highest window of the highest skyscraper in the world

JT Jag posted:

+1 for this.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Schizotek posted:

We'll be kickass adventuring bro's for life :iamafag:

He can be the Gilgamesh to our Enkidu!

...Wait...

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Theglavwen posted:

I'm suspicious of this Labaras dude; how oddly placed he seems in an otherwise El-centric narrative. Going to be keeping an 'eye' on mentions of him.

He's probably the Jesus/Moses Analogue of this world.

Also, I'm extremely wary of praying to both gods, and not deciding now who to believe. I'm worried that will make us seem indecisive and of weak faith to both gods, causing both of them to reject us. The 'praying to both gods' option wasn't even suggested directly by Diog, not this time, not even the last time while we were still living in Athar.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
On the Asherah side, of course everything that is happening is 'the Will of Asherah'.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

JT Jag posted:

This is my vote, too.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Voting NOT A + J.

All y'all abandoning Ashera are going to feel pretty foolish once El starts asking us to stone people for adultery. Just sayen. :colbert:

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
To be a total poo poo about it, clerics of both deities have manifested miracles right in front of us so at the very least neither god is overtly false even if their worshippers say so about the other. I vote for H.

Random Idiot
Mar 15, 2001

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Pray to El and Asherah as we've always done.

I'm filled with emotion! Let's set the pot to simmer and one day flash boil all over this town.

This. El may exist, but like our patron deity we will always be hungry. For Revenge.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

We've believed in both for a while, and that isn't suddenly changing now.

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
H and B (worship both, Asherah's prayer should be silent though) since we need to stop flip flopping on our gods.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

JT Jag posted:

<3 mom

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I didn't include every variation, I included what I imagined would be the most popular ones.

You most certainly can still vote to still pray to both. It seemed like people were already polarized at this point, but it seems I was mistaken!

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.

+

Fish god was a jerk, dad was a jerk, and all we did was collected sea shells by the seashore and we weren't even called suzy so they deserve no credit at all. El forever, hope he shows us how to use lasers or make enchanted swords or something.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Razage posted:

+

Fish god was a jerk, dad was a jerk, and all we did was collected sea shells by the seashore and we weren't even called suzy so they deserve no credit at all. El forever, hope he shows us how to use lasers or make enchanted swords or something.

I think you want A rather than H then, considering the most popular H options has us worshiping fish god whereas the A option has us praying to El and only El.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.
Haha, whoops you are correct. I copied the icons from someone elses post and didn't even pay attention to what I was clicking.

Change my vote to:

+

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

I didn't include every variation, I included what I imagined would be the most popular ones.

You most certainly can still vote to still pray to both. It seemed like people were already polarized at this point, but it seems I was mistaken!

Well, Asherah was a cool fish god until I learned about the rampant cannibalism. I could handle human sacrifice or a little cannibalism, but rampant cannibalism is where I draw the line.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
+

It's time to let "fish god" go. Worshiping both was fine when we were in the village but having seen both in action it's pretty clear which one deserves our faith and praise. Fishy has cannibals, beatings and pathetic lighting. El pretty much trumps him in ever single way, the priest of fishy didn't even manage to kill a single guard.

Since this vote seems to be setting up long term events I would like to point out to those of you who are voting for both that in Dante's Inferno the cowardly who aren't on either side have a most unpleasant existence.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008

Mr Apollo posted:

+

It's time to let "fish god" go. Worshiping both was fine when we were in the village but having seen both in action it's pretty clear which one deserves our faith and praise. Fishy has cannibals, beatings and pathetic lighting. El pretty much trumps him in ever single way, the priest of fishy didn't even manage to kill a single guard.

Since this vote seems to be setting up long term events I would like to point out to those of you who are voting for both that in Dante's Inferno the cowardly who aren't on either side have a most unpleasant existence.

Pretty sure traitors had a worse one.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Mr Apollo posted:

To add to what I said earlier, either go full El, or full Asherah, trying to get liked by both is probably not a good idea, they are probably at odds with each other anyway.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Voting B (pretend to pray to El but don't mean it) + M (yeah nice story, this guy killed our father he is gonna all kinds of pay).

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Diogines posted:

It is amazing to see how many Asian Buddhists relate to Christian missionaries. There is often no problem with being a Buddhist-Christian-Taoist, etc.

I see no reason not to continue praying to both, as long as we remember that we get beaten for praying to the wrong one in the wrong company. It has been a very short period of time since we have been named. I still vote for grieving, however.

I disagree about Dante, btw. Purgatory is one of the cooler places in the book. Look at who is there... Almost all of the great thinkers and artists.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 4, 2013

Beef-Stew
Feb 1, 2005
mmmmmmm... Beefy
Voting for A and J. Turns out fish god was a big man eating jerk.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Pray to El and Asherah as we've always done.

I'm filled with emotion! Let's set the pot to simmer and one day flash boil all over this town.

H+M, lovely clothing stores of VENGEANCE! :black101:

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
F and M
I can tolerate those of you who pick something other than F, but all who have forsaken our father and our god will pay!:black101:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

M is getting a surprising amount of votes, so changing my second vote from J to .

My first vote remains NOT A.

What can I say, I'm curious as hell about how Diog would write an epic revenge drama.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Option A and J

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Changing my vote to F+M

Half-rear end worshipping El isn't going to get us ANY points, and in fact might make us even more reviled than an honest heathen, considering how Old Testament JewGod felt about "lukewarm" people.

Jalitha cried out to El when Shushem was beating her. El did not save her, unless you count "letting her get crippled, but sending a rescue party years later" as salvation.

El is the reason we were an outcast. El is the reason we aren't ruling our village. Jalitha is nice, but that doesn't mean her god is. Jorah was nice too, and he believed in a cannibal fishgod.

Also, the lightning may have only knocked two armored men unconscious, but.. it knocked two armored men unconscious! If they hadn't been protected by a seven-foot dragonslaying demigod, we would've incapacitated, gutted and eaten the lot of them. Also, Shushem still took several strikes that should've felled any mortal man, before the king intervened and invoked Highlander rules.

Were it not for him, Shushem would've turmed an assured massacre into an all-you-can-eat buffet singlehandedly, because he was the invincible God of Tasers back there.

Let's not act like Asherah-worship doesn't have benefits.

UppaTree fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 4, 2013

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Theglavwen posted:

Our character is just really easily led. One little display of not-being-killed-by-lightning-powers and we're all dreamy-eyed and writing in our diary about him.

C + L

We should feel the loss of what we've left behind.

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 4, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am kinda trying to figure not so much what we 'should' do, but more like what we would do.

We have a history of worshipping both. What is the reasoning for that changing in a single day? We have seen demonstrations that both in fact exist, if we ever questioned that, which I don't think we did. We did not attempt to always pray at the same time to two gods. We prayed at different times to different gods.

We have seen a roller coaster of poo poo today. We have not processed any of it at all. It's too much. We should take some time to grow into whatever hosed up sociopath we are going to become. We should grieve now. If they are sane this will neither shock them or be seen as some fatal weakness or flaw.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Basically I just want us to hang on to Asherah worship a little longer, until we can start espousing a revolutionary doctrine claiming that El is god of the sky, Asherah is god of the sea, and all the other gods we meet along the way are gods of their thing, and all the gods benefit because they'll start being worshipped by everyone a little instead of by a small amount of people a lot.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Jewcoon posted:

H+M, lovely clothing stores of VENGEANCE! :black101:

Aye,

H. Worship both. El has giant warriors and Fish-dude has lightning dads. Best of both worlds theologies.

M. Lets kick off a religious civil war :c00lbert:

Rhymenoceros
Nov 16, 2008
Monks, a statement endowed with five factors is well-spoken, not ill-spoken. It is blameless & unfaulted by knowledgeable people. Which five?

It is spoken at the right time. It is spoken in truth. It is spoken affectionately. It is spoken beneficially. It is spoken with a mind of good-will.
+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

JT Jag posted:

This is my vote.