Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

TheUnhorse posted:

Ugh I forgot all about those immersions. They sucked

Our immersion coordinator by the end of it just kind of gave it and began bullshitting with the sergeants at the smoke pit in English. On a plus note, one guy told the entire class and teaching team that he lived on Cock Island after mis-pronouncing a proper name.

Today in the defac I over heard a boot marine calling a bunch of Navy people POGs. I just wish I knew what they did in those extra 4 weeks that makes Marines so retarded some times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
Yeah I was voluntold as well, still didn't mind. Also, chaplains office gig is best casuals gig.

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
Androies on the contrary I saw a marine backpack with "pog life" patch on it, at least he's not in denial.

Shuffleboard Shootout fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 1, 2013

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

I think I finally understand why when I asked a few months back, generally what the place is like and what Monterey is like etc etc the response I got was "don't worry about it, you'll flunk out anyway." Yup, everyone around me is failing or almost failing.

And sweet chocolate Jesus is that title accurate. The nerdiest people in the entire armed forces, all in one spot. At least I'm not into card games, I wouldn't have a chance in this place if I was... but then I don't anyway so :v:

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
I had a roommate who snuk off base on his 3rd week in Monterey to go to a magic tournament in town, only to be caught by one of the MLIs with the 311th who also happened to be there flipping cards at the same time. That was one of the better phase backs.

Millions Knives
Mar 8, 2005

They don't show anime on a daily basis in my mess hall!
DLI is what you make of it. Yeah there is a lot of D&D type poo poo going on, but I was on the Marine Corps drinking team and had sex a lot with the female airmen :yotj:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
DLI was summed up in one experience for me: after a weekend of my own personal debauchery, I walked in on my roommate Skype-sexin' his girlfriend in Klingon.

Dude was straight up balls deep in a fleshlight and the girl back home had what looked like three feet of high-pressure tubing snaking out of her snatch.

It was either that or hearing a chick hit an inhaler mid-coitus at a house party.

Professor Bling fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 3, 2013

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Entire Army just lost all alcohol, weekend passes, have curfews at 9pm, and have to have battle buddy's everywhere they go. I'm pretty sure this is about to hit most Military Training posts soon as well due to pressure from the President. And that was how the Mucky Duck went out of business.

Androies fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 4, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
What the gently caress?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

What the gently caress?

Check out the Army thread. It's an army training wide thing. There are people at least as high as E6 affected.

Dirk Digglet
Aug 17, 2009

When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline
For those too lazy...

***BREAKING NEWS FROM TRADOC***(somewhat)
In light of all the recent attention sexual assault has gotten from Congress the Army has decided to put its foot down. Especially with the upcoming hearings on Tuesday. So to solve the problem of senior Officers and NCO’s not enforcing the rules already in the place by doing stuff like throwing out convictions etc. TRADOC has imposed new regulations to protect everyone. Of course these regulations will not apply to cadre or senior NCO’S or Officers because as we know from the news they are infallible beings.

Effectively 1 June 2013 for all Army IET and MOS-T soldiers in a training environment no alcohol is allowed to be consumed and there is a 2100 curfew every night. Also all passes whether previously approved or not are cancelled. We can’t have you raping people when you go home to see family you know.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Androies posted:

Entire Army just lost all alcohol, weekend passes, have curfews at 9pm, and have to have battle buddy's everywhere they go. I'm pretty sure this is about to hit most Military Training posts soon as well due to pressure from the President. And that was how the Mucky Duck went out of business.

Dont worry, every other branch without a curfew will try to hold it down.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
Pretty much everything after the nation wide portion is awkward and sad.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Millions Knives posted:

I was on the Marine Corps drinking team and had sex a lot with the female airmen :yotj:

All I can think of is that pic in the USAF thread OP.

Millions Knives
Mar 8, 2005

They don't show anime on a daily basis in my mess hall!

fivre posted:

All I can think of is that pic in the USAF thread OP.

I had steady girlfriends and they were all very pretty and nice :colbert:

Bellum
Jun 3, 2011

All war is deception.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU-N8iFRWGc

the death of alcohol at DLI. Godspeed.

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant
How does this policy affect married soldiers living in quarters/off post?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
That increase seems suspicious. I would wager there are just more cases being reported. Also I like how in that story the only cases of sexual assault they specifically mention are from officers. This is a long shot, but maybe treating people like nobility makes them think they can get away with more poo poo.

strawman69
Jun 6, 2013
I attended DLI 88-89, Russian, Co C. Stereotypically, I met and married my husband there (Naval Post Graduate School golf course ceremony on class picnic). Atypically - we're still married. We had some oddballs in our class and in Co C - like the guy that set something in his room on fire because he left his soldering iron on. That wasn't the weird part - they realized in putting out the fire that he never deposited his pay (this was before mandatory DD). Mostly, I was too busy "studying" with my husband to know what weird stuff was going on. :D My husband wasn't too busy studying with me - he had lots of stories from pulling CQ (he was prior service doing an MOS change), but age has fogged his memory. Still funny reading the pages here.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I was 92-93 Russian in F Co. As prior service, I don't think I would have made it through without alcohol to kill the pain caused by idiot gently caress MLIs.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

GreenMeat posted:

How does this policy affect married soldiers living in quarters/off post?

So help you God if an E7 catches you in the grocery store buying food by yourself. My friend was told he couldn't walk his son around the neighborhood by himself, in fear of...stuff. If its an emergency, you can call your platoon sergeant and ask permission to leave your house after 9...

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

The rumor mill is cranking away in the Air Force, pretty much everyone's certain we'll get the same deal as the Army pretty soon.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Androies posted:

So help you God if an E7 catches you in the grocery store buying food by yourself. My friend was told he couldn't walk his son around the neighborhood by himself, in fear of...stuff. If its an emergency, you can call your platoon sergeant and ask permission to leave your house after 9...

That's loving retarded.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world

Androies posted:

For everyone who may read this; by all means, this is how you actually change stupid policies. Make it hurt for the enforcers and leaders. Call your platoon sergeant every night and tell him your baby needs this or that, you have to go do this or that thing, whatever. poo poo will go up the chain and they'll back down on stupid, you just have to call them on it tactfully and make it as much or more of a pain in the rear end inconvenience for them as they are doing to you because they don't give a gently caress about you, they just want their careers to sail smoothly regardless of the cost to morale for the fodder.

AchmedTheSnake
Apr 6, 2006
This title is clever.
Admit it. Yall jealous of our sweet bouncy house obstacle course on hilltop yesterday! God drat was that mandatory fun actually fun. Surprise! Sorry everyone who's not 311th.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

AchmedTheSnake posted:

Admit it. Yall jealous of our sweet bouncy house obstacle course on hilltop yesterday! God drat was that mandatory fun actually fun. Surprise! Sorry everyone who's not 311th.

I absolutely loved the timing of my security interrovestigation. :argh: Still, I guess those who actually got to go could call it revenge for that air combat challenge.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 22, 2013

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Update: My friend who was dropped from DLI and went to 35Q school has just been dropped from there as well. When it rains it pours I suppose. My class break was sick in case y'all were wondering.

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?

Androies posted:

Update: My friend who was dropped from DLI and went to 35Q school has just been dropped from there as well. When it rains it pours I suppose. My class break was sick in case y'all were wondering.

drat that sucks, I feel bad for her, she worked her rear end off. Oh what's up androies, sorry I thought this was the civ thread. :smuggo:

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Air Force current DLItes, don't even bother getting TPG anymore. The only benefit we have at Goodfellow now is no curfew, and that probably won't last much longer. All you'd have to look forward to is a lovely room and getting poo poo on for your whole time here.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Softface posted:

Air Force current DLItes, don't even bother getting TPG anymore. The only benefit we have at Goodfellow now is no curfew, and that probably won't last much longer. All you'd have to look forward to is a lovely room and getting poo poo on for your whole time here.
Wait so you've still got morning formation?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Softface posted:

Ahahaha gj USAF winning that race to the bottom

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Friar Zucchini posted:

Not a linguist, but I was at Goodfellow from June 12-Feb 13.

I'm not sure but as of February when I left Goodfellow, TPG had to be at one full squadron formation a day (PT would take the place of that). I don't know what it is now since PT probably moved back up to 0400.

TPG has had to do the formation a day thing since sometime in November if I'm remembering right. I heard they banned alcohol from the TPG dorms though, they're probably on a crash course to just getting rid of TPG altogether.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Friar Zucchini posted:

Not only that, but we now have to march everywhere in SMU's, form up in the morning, march to class, then after class form back up and march back with everyone else. The only thing we still have is no curfew, but you can't even really take advantage of that because you have to be up for 4 am PT three days a week and the rest of the time you're too tired to do anything.

We do get other things though! For instance, last weekend we got a 1-demerit fail inspection from the commander and flight chief, then had to check in every hour for the rest of the weekend.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Softface posted:

Not only that, but we now have to march everywhere in SMU's, form up in the morning, march to class, then after class form back up and march back with everyone else. The only thing we still have is no curfew, but you can't even really take advantage of that because you have to be up for 4 am PT three days a week and the rest of the time you're too tired to do anything.

We do get other things though! For instance, last weekend we got a 1-demerit fail inspection from the commander and flight chief, then had to check in every hour for the rest of the weekend.

Jesus loving Christ what happened there since early Feb? The 316th was without a drinking issue that I recall for over half a year when I left. I guess the rape train has taken over Goodfellow.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Well holy crap. I just got here (only a couple months ago) but I'm in Iraqi so I'll be here long enough that I can get my effort's worth with TPG when the time comes. Hopefully they'll tone that crap down by the time I get there, that seems about as bad as ITP here. :gonk:

Flight cap sunburn from change of command formation, hooah :sun:

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I went there straight out of BMT and was there long enough to get to TPG (didn't get it because they ran out of room during the building of the new dorm). I highly doubt they'll tone the crap down though. When I got there in June alcohol issues were the big thing, we had to wear blues my entire 2nd week there from Mon to Sun whenever we were out of our dorms as a part of it. While we didn't get into any other incidents, I didn't really feel like things were getting toned down, just that they plateaued off for a long while.

You'll never get alcohol back, I'm at Ramstein now and they took it away from the dorms here less than a month after I got here. Apparently they did it at another base and the DUIs dropped by some percent and our one star heard about it so guess what! You might get the no marching thing back but that's about it. Welcome to AETC, your squadron could be literal perfection in the eyes of the commander, but you're just upholding the standard, no reason to give you new freedoms.

Dirk Digglet
Aug 17, 2009

When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline
The commander there at the 316th is a piece of poo poo as far as I'm concerned. During our inprocessing he deliberately lied about the NSA polygraph and said they would reveal if you lied about past drug use. Don't worry though! Just come clean now and we can work through it together! Lots of good airmen, my friend among them, fell for it and got kicked out.

You can argue "Well you shouldn't lie to get in" and you'd be right, but a commander should not tell a boldfaced lie with the intent to gently caress his airmen over.

In case you're curious, the polygraph asks if you have intentionally shoved model trains up your rear end, sold ice cream to small children, been hired to piss on people (wetwork), or if you support the ron paul revolution. Nothing else. Don't fall for that poo poo ever (even though I know none of you lied and what's on your security form is the truth).

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 28, 2013

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Just curious where did they build new dorms? On the flight line? I remember when the flightline was a barren, desolate shithole that was allegedly a guaranteed rape if you endeavored to go on alone at night. Never change air force bases

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Dirk Digglet posted:

The commander there at the 316th is a piece of poo poo as far as I'm concerned. During our inprocessing he deliberately lied about the NSA polygraph and said they would reveal if you lied about past drug use. Don't worry though! Just come clean now and we can work through it together! Lots of good airmen, my friend among them, fell for it and got kicked out.

You can argue "Well you shouldn't lie to get in" and you'd be right, but a commander should not tell a boldfaced lie with the intent to gently caress his airmen over.

In case you're curious, the polygraph asks if you have intentionally shoved model trains up your rear end, sold ice cream to small children, been hired to piss on people (wetwork), or if you support the ron paul revolution. Nothing else. Don't fall for that poo poo ever (even though I know none of you lied and what's on your security form is the truth).

Funny i heard people saying that AFOSI was doing the same poo poo at their indoc portion of the brief. and then promptly kicked people the gently caress out. hahahaha. if you're that dumb you're not cut out for the intel life.

edit for clarity: promptly helped commanders kick people the gently caress out. under the guise of 'okay y'all if you maybe just made a mistake, or you remembered that one time now that your clearances have been adjudicated, we can offer you that last chance to make sure everything is okay, don't worry about it.'

TheUnhorse fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I'm always seeing horror stories from Air Force people about life at DLI, but I was wondering, how does that compare to what it's like for a Marine going through there?

• Locked thread