Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Algid posted:

Not A

What sort of adventures are we going to be having in a dark forest at night as an eleven year old?

One using our imaginations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I. "These are our people. Who is standing guard? Nobody is standing guard. Enkidu and Labaras must stay to protect their people." Grab the spear and stand back to back with Danal near the fire. Whisper, "Tell me what you see and what you hear."

Missed the update. New vote below.

HBar fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 5, 2013

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

If we are going to play, I want to play it safe.

2. CHANGED VOTE TO
3. CHANGED VOTE TO

I'm not to worried about playing with Danal as long as I can either keep an eye on him/hold his hand/be close to the camp. Exploring a bit if fine, but we have a long day tomorrow, and we just had the day of our life.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 5, 2013

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
I'm going with C, D and C Gotta get some of that sweet forest treasure.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Edited question one to add in option D.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
C,C,C!

edit:D,B,F!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 6, 2013

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

1. Filled with wonder. I've wanted to do forest stuff since I heard about Pagam.

2. Danal behind Enkidel, a few steps. Take responsibility.

3. Find one of the Sky Giants! Or at least be wary if one is nearby.

Also:
Don't simply listen with your ears. Walk silent, but listen with your heart. Breath slow. Stop every once in a while, close your eyes and meditate in the chaotic peace of the forest. Don't void all your thoughts, just surrender to what your heart can hear.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
C, B, B

Wonder, since it's all new to us at this point. We know too little about these woods to be that scared, too tired from the day's events to be pumped up. Danal in front of us - we can keep an eye on him, he's got more experience with these woods than we likely do, and what kind of hero either walks behind or holds the hand of their feral sidekick? Even if we tell him to he's probably not going to listen. He's the hero right now, not us.

We're looking for a maiden in distress - we've always wanted to make up for failing to protect Jalitha when lightning dad went to town on her years ago. What better way than by rescuing someone else now that we're a big adventurer?

Changed my vote, see next page for re-vote.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 5, 2013

Brian Moser
Mar 11, 2012
my VOOOTES :yosbutt:
1: C, wonder.
2: C.
3: As they say, Can't go wrong with C.

You people funny in the chat.

quote:

ADPmobile: Yay more vengeance options
iParadox: re: great dog names http://i.imgur.com/6tQl49n.jpg
iParadox: Countdown to mood telling us we should make the choice that will kill us all and fellate our dead father. In 3......... 2.........

Brian Moser fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 5, 2013

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
C, D, D

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
1:a 2:a 3:c
This one is going to be split up so bad. Can't wait to see everyone's reasoning behind their decision, love this process.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
C, C, H

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Mmkay, I think I'm starting to get a new handle on our character that plausibly explains all of his actions: due to an isolated, austere and socially bereft upbringing, he's an idiot.

Votes:

1: A: I wanted to vote C, personally, but I'm pretty sure our character has difficulty seeing past his immediate emotional rush to be that observant or appreciative. He's excited, so that's his dominant perception.
2: C: Monster slaying! We are strong, Enkidu! We shall protect our new friend, or nobly sacrifice ourself should it come to it.
3: A: I would have previously liked I, escape, but that's pretty clearly flown, this character likes his captors. As such, he wants to prove himself to the king, and what better way than by showing how heroic he is. Just like the tales mommy used to tell us!

Random Idiot
Mar 15, 2001
1. C
Forests at night, when the moon is bright enough to see anything, are super-cool and must be even more so for someone who has never seen it before.

2. A
C is terrible because a young kid is pretty likely to wander off if he isn't right next to you, and you won't be able to help if something stalks up from behind.

3. J
Find a suitable animal offering for Asherah that isn't the only friend Og has ever had. If he really believes in both Asherah and El, he has to know Asherah hasn't been getting his fair share of pray-time. Possibly spend time planning the horrible murder of his new friends father.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1D. A sense of mischief.

2E. Put Danal on our shoulders.

3J. We want to play a prank on Barkof. Put down the spear, gather some branches and leaves, and have Danal hold them. Then we'll put him on our shoulders, and approach Barkof's tent. We wake him up by making loud noises and pretending to be a tree monster.

Zybourne Clock fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 5, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
1 C
2 A
3 H

Let's just explore and not be dopes ok.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

(not that we're really old enough for damsels yet :v:)

Current spreadsheet, as usual.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
1. Option B - Fear in a dark forest only means we are sane and level-headed.

2. Option C - As the larger of the two, it's only right we stay ahead. Enkidu must protect Solomo... Solaris... whatever.

[strike]3. Option B - I would have loved Option I, returning to Fish Village and leading a cannibal insurgency against these snotty Nephilim dudes, but I guess that ship has sailed. If we're gonna play the long game and topple King Tebow/Tapas or whatever from inside, finding a damsel in distress wouldn't suck![/strike]

Changing this to Option I - Run away! Let's get back to the village if we can and organize our Asherah insurgency post-haste! Also Leave Danal. He'd be a huge liability to bring along and we don't have the strength to keep him as a hostage at this point. Plus I like the little guy, it's not him but his father we want.

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 6, 2013

Absum
May 28, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

1 C
2 A
3 H

Let's just explore and not be dopes ok.

Voting this. We can go slay dragons and rescue damsels when we're a bit older and/or less tired.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
OPTION C. Filled with wonder. You are in a forest similar yet different from where you were born and the symphony of night is strange and fascinating.
OPTION A. Right next to you, close, so you don't get separated.
OPTION A. You want to find a monster and kill it, just like from the stories!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I just want us to have a nice walk and give Danal a piggy-back ride.

OPTION C.

OPTION E. :3: "Me monster steed! Rawr!" He'll love it. :3:

OPTION H.

Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
How do you like your lawn? Broiled or charred?
Ramrod XTreme
1. A
2. A
3. C

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

C, A, C. The night is dark and full of wonders.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
1. C
2. A
3. C

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
1. Filled with Wonder

2. Don't want to lose the little guy!

3. Extreme adventuring has it's time and place, this is not one of them.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Go back in time to the fifth vote and push C up to the top so we hang out with Pagam more than Jorah

Never gonna not mention Pagam

I loving called it

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
C, E, H.. Let's try at least to keep this as a relatively safe GAME, not a sudden fit of suicidal delusion.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

I just want us to have a nice walk and give Danal a piggy-back ride.

OPTION C.

OPTION E. :3: "Me monster steed! Rawr!" He'll love it. :3:

OPTION H.

Changing my option 2 vote to .
Changing my option 3 vote to .

E: updated my first post to this.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 5, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
C- ok fine. We have stepped into the world of stories we have heard. We are filled with wonder.
A- see J (willing to,chage this vote if better reasoning consistent with J)
J- we are the Prince's older brother and wildling guard. We have the spear, he has only his 5 year old imagination. The moon is full. We have just learned the nature of the bad things that happen on the full moon. Ironically we have also traditionally prayed to El on the full moon for the safety of the men who we now know were going off to blood rituals and human sacrifice. We pray to El for Danal's protection and that of the camp. (My biggest concern is that we have left the entire camp sleeping in a hostile environment when we could have remedied that. It seems as likely to me that something bad will happen to the camp as that we will encounter our own doom, death and destruction. Clearly we are delirious from exhaustion and trauma.)

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

DCBomB posted:

Go back in time to the fifth vote and push C up to the top so we hang out with Pagam more than Jorah

Never gonna not mention Pagam

I loving called it

Hah... I voted for wandering alone in the forest as the only place we could actually be alone at the time. It's all red pill-blue pill though and we are where we are. Apparently we are impetuous though and will be learning wisdom the hard way. We were named by our Dead Not Dad 'rebellious'.

The moon is full. Perhaps we are a lunatic?

Og the Wildling. Og the Lunatic, Drinker of Blood.
Enkidel the Gaurdian, Enkidel the Fearless, Protector of the Weak.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
You guys are so lame.

OPTION D. Filled with blood lust, you'll soon have your revenge.
OPTION B. In front of you a few steps, it's soon time to strike.
OPTION F. PLUNGE THE SPEAR INTO HIS HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to give Ashera the sign he's been waiting for. If we eat the flesh from Danal's body they will think an animal ate him.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Tsyni posted:

You guys are so lame.

It's time to give Ashera the sign he's been waiting for. If we eat the flesh from Danal's body they will think an animal ate him.

Agreed

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
1. C

2. A

3. C

vote changed, see below.

A RICH WHITE MAN fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 6, 2013

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

AAI. It may not win, but I want us to run away back home.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

AAI. It may not win, but I want us to run away back home.

Yeah, I'll vote this too, though I know it doesn't have a chance.

On the insanely unlikely chance that it does, I vote for leaving the kid behind, in or near the camp, maybe under the pretense of "stay here for a bit while I scout." No sense getting him lost and/or possibly killed in the woods.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Tsyni posted:

You guys are so lame.

If we are going to do this we need to use the tooth? Did we remember to bring the tooth?

War Requiem
Apr 22, 2008

MY BUTTOCKS SHALL DEFEAT YOU!
A
E
H

We're a bit scared of the forest and it's beasts, so we stay close to the camp and keep our friend as close as possible.

Though the sacrifice to Asherah seems funny, I don't feel Asherah being that strong of an influence to us. Asherah hasn't really spoken to us like the kings words about El. Asherah is probably just one of the dragons that Sky Giants slayed (...what were the giants called? Anges?) Besides, Shushem was a total jerk, why do we care about his god?

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1.C

2.E

3.H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

1A - Excited!
2D - We're not gonna meet any monsters, keep him close.
3J - Let's listen for water and being home some trout!

Changed further on to the murder votes.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 5, 2013