Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Boba_Fettish posted:

It honestly looks more like a mean spirited prank on someone rather than a scam with the "upgrade to Prius" part.

Scam was easier to type out fast ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
http://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/3818750946.html

Good price for a running turbo Volvo with a title.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

BoostCreep posted:

Auto NA MKIV Supras that need a lot of work still go for $12k+. This is hands down a scam.
Don't be so sure.

Turbo JDMs go for less than $9K-ish here.

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/f-supra-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-W0QQCatIdZ174QQKeywordZsupraQQisProvinceSearchZtrue

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Yeah, there is a big glut of JDM stuff and you can get them cheap(ish), especially in the western provinces. FD rx7s for less than 8k where LHD models are easily 4k more. I still hate RHD cars on LHD roads though.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

I guess I'm talking specifically about the US.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BoostCreep posted:

Yeah, the US doesn't get the joy of seeing ratty turbo supras and clapped out GT-Rs......

yet.

By january, our junk R32 GT-Rs will start pouring over your northern border, flooding your market with rusty $20,000 cars with severe mechanical problems.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

BoostCreep posted:

Yes, which is why I posted earlier it was almost certainly JDM. :) They and other beat to poo poo ex-japanese cars are all over the Canadian market. Some, generally German, cars can potentially be good buys.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")
All this W124 talk reminds me that parked behind my M-i-L's (and belonging to an older guy who owns a performance shop and a supercharged HHR with straight-pipes and a lot of other work) is an 87 300E. With an AMG badge. I ran the plate and it only comes back as "1987 Mercedes Benz 300E" with no mention of an AMG designation. Could this be a real Hammer? Or maybe just a 300E with a swap? This guy doesn't seem the type to be a badgeposer.

Last I heard it was for sale, so I'm putting it here.

(sorry for the lovely Instagram pics but it's all I have right now since it's down in Norfolk)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
All the pictures I've ever seen of Hammers have body-color door handles and grille. They also have a big front bumper with fogs usually.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Seat Safety Switch posted:

All the pictures I've ever seen of Hammers have body-color door handles and grille. They also have a big front bumper with fogs usually.

Didn't they have two-tone wheels and a spoiler too?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Gold?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

Fools gold maybe. It's an ugly VW Kit car.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

If you run the VIN and it comes back 300E, you already know what it really is. If it was an AMG, it would come up as a 300E AMG by the VIN.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Octopus Magic posted:

Fools gold maybe. It's an ugly VW Kit car.

It's not really fool's gold when it says it's got a VW 1600cc engine right there :v:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It's one of the more well-known and distinctive (for better or worse...god drat those headlights) VW kits. You might as well dismiss a Myers Manx as a VW kit.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

VideoTapir posted:

(for better or worse...god drat those headlights)

Those are amazing. :colbert:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

RUNS GOOD GREAT

Not on that tire, it won't.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Just throw the spare on.

If it hasn't rusted away, that is.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Not Craigslist, but gold.

Slightly used, proper Colin Chapman designed Lotus. Original driver some chap named Nigel.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=CA0813-161561&entryRow=77&lottype=Car&startRow=73

Want, really really want. Too broke :(

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aurune posted:

Not Craigslist, but gold.

Slightly used, proper Colin Chapman designed Lotus. Original driver some chap named Nigel.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=CA0813-161561&entryRow=77&lottype=Car&startRow=73

Want, really really want. Too broke :(

Cool. But gently caress Nigel Mansell.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Real gold?

http://tuscarawas.craigslist.org/cto/3836673238.html

Looks mostly complete, not horridly rusty... NE Ohio

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I can't tell but it looks like there's some nasty rust just past the front wheel well.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/3784289344.html

code:
1985 Mercedes 380se in great shape. body has no rust interior is excellent.

new
intake sensor
intake boot
all vacuum lines traced replaced as necessary
new battery and tires
new ignition module
plugs wires distibutor cap rotor all new
new fuel pump
new fuel filter
new exhaust
Nope. Not tempted. Definitely not.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/3825912532.html

Possible gold? Could be a fun project car, but I wouldn't pay $1200 for a rolling chassis, even if I had that kind of free money (tbh, NE Ohio used car market prices are all kinds of hosed up).

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

1200 dollars for a dead Starlet shell? Naw.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
What engine would be in a US Ford Fiesta? I'm having a hard time nailing it down. Possible gold?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Weinertron posted:

What engine would be in a US Ford Fiesta? I'm having a hard time nailing it down. Possible gold?

Why is a $1200 beat to poo poo fiesta gold?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Well its either hilariously overpriced turd bucket that someone thinks is worth way more than it is, and thus got posted. Or its a cool quirky car that someone has a fetish for, and thus got posted. Pretend its a CYOA and pick which ever option makes you happy.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Coredump posted:

Well its either hilariously overpriced turd bucket that someone thinks is worth way more than it is, and thus got posted. Or its a cool quirky car that someone has a fetish for, and thus got posted. Pretend its a CYOA and pick which ever option makes you happy.

I think it's a cool quirky car, and it looks better than most of the other sub $2k cars on Craigslist! I've never actually seen a 70s generation Fiesta, and I guess I thought they were rarer than they are.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Weinertron posted:

I think it's a cool quirky car, and it looks better than most of the other sub $2k cars on Craigslist! I've never actually seen a 70s generation Fiesta, and I guess I thought they were rarer than they are.

Hey man, you ain't got to justify it to me. :cool:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Coredump posted:

That describes like 99% of the cars on craigslist here in NE Ohio. I think I've even seen a car (with photo) that was resting on it's roof, 90's model, rusty, asking price north of $5,000 because "the engine is still good."

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tai-Pan posted:

Why is a $1200 beat to poo poo fiesta gold?

Old Fiestas make awesome race cars. I'd give the guy $800 for it and turn it into a track rat.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
GUYS! Anyone here got 6.2 million dollars and do you like Ferraris?!
http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=1806180

quote:

1990 Ferrari F40

In the past year, Ferrari of New England has brokered the sale of many of the finest Ferrari supercars in the world. Each Ferrari F40, F50 and Enzo that we have located, purchased and sold has been in spectacular, original condition. But none of these incredible cars, not even the Grigio Titanio Enzo we just recently sold, has the presence and provenance of the collection that Ferrari of New England is proud to offer now.
Three of Ferrari's finest creations, an F40, an F50 and an Enzo, offered only as a collection. Each one is a spectacular US-market example and each car has travelled only TWO HUNDRED MILES in its lifetime! A 1990 Ferrari F40, traditionally turned out in Rosso Corsa over Red racing seats, showing precisely 202 miles on its Veglia odometer. A 1995 Ferrari F50, also finished in Rosso Corsa, with exactly 230 miles ever having passed beneath its tires. And finally, perhaps most incredibly, a 2003 Ferrari Enzo, painted in the rare color Rosso Scuderia, that only 273 miles on it!

These three cars are unquestionably the most significant assemblage of Ferrari exotica we've ever seen. Each one represents the pinnacle of performance for their respective generations and can claim its rightful place in automotive history. Locating just one of these cars with such low mileage is no mean feat, finding all three is thought by many to be an impossible task.

Ferrari F40 chassis # 086519 is an original US-delivery example finished in Rosso Corsa over Red racing seats. With only 202 original miles, F40 #086159 is believed to be the lowest-mileage car extant in the United States. Cosmetically, this car is as perfect as the mileage would indicate. Every bit of the carbon fiber bodywork, every speck of paint, is exactly as it was when the car left Maranello in 1990. The dashboard mouse hair is nicer than we've ever seen and the interior displays virtually no wear.

Ferrari Classiche certification for Chassis #086519 is pending and a full major service (or any other work to suit the buyer's taste) can be completed by our expert service department. We have the original window sticker and all keys for the car plus the seat and steering wheel covers. Offered only as part of a collection with our F50 and Enzo, this F40 is an astute enthusiasts dream car and a sterling investment, all in one! Pricing and other details are available upon application to Ferrari of New England.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I saw this on my way home. I really want to know now if the sign tells truth or not.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 6, 2013

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Preoptopus posted:

GUYS! Anyone here got 6.2 million dollars and do you like Ferraris?!
http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=1806180

That's a pretty expensive dust collector.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

leica posted:

Old Fiestas make awesome race cars. I'd give the guy $800 for it and turn it into a track rat.

Old Fiesta, new Ford 3 cylinder ecotec. Makes me drool.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

You won't have to spend any money because I'm including the paint! See?! Paint! Also, aren't the '85s non-intercooled and therefore less desireable?

Edit: Also, Monte Carlo SS wheels.

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 6, 2013

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Also, aren't the '85s non-intercooled and therefore less desireable?

Yeah, pretty much. I hope nobody buys it, because if he seriously thinks it's worth $30k restored he's going to be sorely disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
He's probably thinking grand national = GNX