Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

GD_American posted:

He's playing a college nerd, I'd hope that he would

Two words into his first line I thought "that's Darryl from Bob's Burgers" and then later it turned out the character really was an older version of Darryl from Bob's Burgers.

I love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I bought it on iTunes.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It just hit me, St. Cloud sounds like a male Sandi from Daria.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DrBouvenstein posted:

That reminds me, they should get John DiMaggio to do a voice on VB.

Get Billy West in there and have them another duo. That gets killed the same episode they show up.

Thank god I could watch this on Adult Swims site. No channels in Canada carry any AS stuff, so we have to wait until the dvds come out.

Pretty much everything that I could say has been said, but hot drat I cannot wait to see more.

I'm curious to what character Gillian Jacobs is playing.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I'm curious to what character Gillian Jacobs is playing.

Whatever she plays, I'm sure she'll Britta the hell out of it.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

robot roll call posted:

I think it's for the better because this whole Monarch realizing Gary is his best friend thing actually gives him something to do. It kind of felt like they were running out of ideas for the Monarch last season.

If Gary winds up falling in with the Venture gang I can see his relationship with The Monarch evolving into a Ralph E. Wolf vs. Sam Sheepdog sort of arrangement, where they officially work against one another but are still buddies off the clock. There was a glimpse of this in the premier, obviously with the friendship stuff but also with how Gary demonstrated that he knows The Monarch well enough to anticipate his moves (once The Monarch entered the picture, anyway). But since Gary is no Brock we also got to see how his inability to put up that Sam-like impenetrable wall of defense leaves plenty of room for the show's brand of awesome chaos to slip through and run wild.

Then again, when has The Venture Bros. ever been easy to anticipate?

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

proof of concept posted:

Two words into his first line I thought "that's Darryl from Bob's Burgers" and then later it turned out the character really was an older version of Darryl from Bob's Burgers.

I love this show.

Exactly.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

Uncle Wemus posted:

I agree. I hear a lot more male Sandi, than Hank/Dean with a cold.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

So airing the premiere online like this was just a one-time thing right? Something to drive up interest in the new season?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

FutonForensic posted:

So airing the premiere online like this was just a one-time thing right? Something to drive up interest in the new season?

Well the thing is, Youtube provides much better ad revenue for big companies running their shows on it these days. Back in 2009/2010 when the last season aired, there was a lot less there and also Youtube's HD setup was still kind of wonky.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them put all the episodes up after they come out on TV first, the same way 4 years ago they were putting them up on the adultswim.com video site.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Well I imagine people who can VIEW cartoon network, will do so.

The people who can't, will eschew downloading the show to watching it on youtube, and bam - ad revenue. Imagine if they advertised the shirts on there.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Install Gentoo posted:

Well the thing is, Youtube provides much better ad revenue for big companies running their shows on it these days. Back in 2009/2010 when the last season aired, there was a lot less there and also Youtube's HD setup was still kind of wonky.

What's the payout like? I'm sure it's worse than iTunes, but how does it stack up to cable dollars?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
You know, it just occurred to me that we've got to be getting pretty close to Orpheus's deadline for The Action Man to die of a stroke. I wonder if that'll be the impetus for whatever Original Team Venture shenanigans we see this season.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
My guess for this season's jaw-dropper/cliffhanger?

Jonas Senior is still alive (having been in stasis or something) or gets resurrected. Hopefully J.J. then gets to find out how much of an rear end in a top hat his father really was.

Kano never *confessed* to killing Jonas Sr., he just lapsed back into his trademark silent treatment, which could be as simple as having been sworn to secrecy by Jonas. My guess, he wanted to be put on ice until such a time that technology would have advanced to the point where he could repair Orb - and Rusty, J.J., OSI, the Guild, *and* Phantom Limb's little offshoot have to band together to stop him.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 6, 2013

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I don't think it's been mentioned yet this thread, but for extra Venture awesomeness, pick up Poker Night at the Inventory 2 to compete against Brock, Claptrap, Sam of Sam & Max, and Ash Williams (although sadly not voiced by Bruce Campbell).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Poker Night 2 is easily the best game app i've bought in several months.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Rahonavis posted:

Where are people watching the Halloween special? Is there a legal place to catch it again?

I bought it on Amazon Instant Video.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The Venture Bros is made by a real-life Doctor Venture; procrastinate for ever and ever but then create something that's actually pretty glorious

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!

Uncle Wemus posted:

Also, was it just me or was Talia a flirty version of Daria?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I haven't watched Aqua Teen Hunger Force in years, but after catching the end of an episode; I just realized that Master Shake is the Alchemist. The VA uses like the exact same voice, it was kind of strange to hear/see that.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

OGS-Remix posted:

I haven't watched Aqua Teen Hunger Force in years, but after catching the end of an episode; I just realized that Master Shake is the Alchemist. The VA uses like the exact same voice, it was kind of strange to hear/see that.

That's that guy's only voice, he does other shows and you can always tell its him because they all sound exactly the same as master shake. He may also be mark levin but that's unconfirmed for now.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

lexan posted:

Also, was it just me or was Talia a flirty version of Daria?

I kinda figured she was aggressively boring, to gently caress with the people who wanted that other boring chick to come back.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Raskolnikov38 posted:

That's that guy's only voice, he does other shows and you can always tell its him because they all sound exactly the same as master shake. He may also be mark levin but that's unconfirmed for now.

Funny you say that. He's pretty much the case of voice type casted. I think it was season 3 where the alchemists first appears. Doc said something along the lines of seeing Synder being so excited and asking what type of voice they wanted. They literally said just do your Master Shake voice in their dvd commentary.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He also does the Grandma on Squidbillies, which doesn't sound that much like his normal voice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb4F8MPj1HM

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

axleblaze posted:

He also does the Grandma on Squidbillies, which doesn't sound that much like his normal voice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb4F8MPj1HM

Haha wow I had no idea, welp I guess the master shake voice is in high demand then.

But I still swear he's also Mark Levin.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

New episode was some of the best TV I've ever seen. It really was worth the wait.

So is Squidbillies good because that clip was great.

SevenSixTwoX39
Jun 28, 2009

Capitalism has triumphed all over the world, but this triumph is only the prelude to the triumph of labour over capital.

Flython posted:

New episode was some of the best TV I've ever seen. It really was worth the wait.

So is Squidbillies good because that clip was great.

Yeah it is pretty great but it seems really stupid on its surface. Also a big fan of the new ep, I've definitely gotta binge through all the previous seasons now, it's been a while since I've seen a lot of the episodes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I admit I haven't watched much of it but Squidbillies seems pretty great. It's like Aqua Teen Hunger Force in it's prime.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Squidbillies is great because it stars Unknown Hinson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJf9fYM8-s

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I've seen basically every episode of Squidbillies and it's supremely stupid and absolutely amazing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Babe Magnet posted:

I've seen basically every episode of Squidbillies and it's supremely stupid and absolutely amazing.

Yea, once I watched a few episodes of it enough times I realized it is pretty entertaining. Though a goon once said "Oh you need to know this certain part of Georgia to get it" really put me off for a long time. What the gently caress would you make a tv show that only about 200k people would get, and most are all hillbillies.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.
Once you watch a few episodes and get past the bad animation you realize that it is a brilliant cartoon and cannot miss an episode.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, once I watched a few episodes of it enough times I realized it is pretty entertaining. Though a goon once said "Oh you need to know this certain part of Georgia to get it" really put me off for a long time. What the gently caress would you make a tv show that only about 200k people would get, and most are all hillbillies.
Knowing about the Georgia hills is a prerequisite for watching Squidbillies only in the same sense that knowing about rural/suburban Texas is a prerequisite for watching King of the Hill: it really isn't, but it does enhance the experience to an extent when you catch a few extra in-jokes.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I'm pretty sure that if you've watched a lot of Adult Swim programming over the years, you'll understand the Georgia hills injokes without actually understanding that they are in fact Georgia hills injokes. Cuz all the Williams Street stuff puts 'em in everything, so it becomes at least stuff you know from other shows.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Is that because Williams Street is in Georgia? I noticed the New York parts of last season were pretty detailed, since Jackson and Doc have lived there a while.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Bloodnose posted:

Is that because Williams Street is in Georgia? I noticed the New York parts of last season were pretty detailed, since Jackson and Doc have lived there a while.

Williams Street is in down town Atlanta.

Man, I am so tempted to get the shirt club subscription.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Can anyone help me with Hatreds tits please? I don't understand. He didn't have them when he left to take Tinyfoot home in PROM, had them the next morning presumably after a short walk to her house.

Umph fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 7, 2013

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I thought he mutated them from exposure to the radiation from the Paleoman Project?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Reset Smith posted:

I thought he mutated them from exposure to the radiation from the Paleoman Project?

Then why didn't the cure-o-flies make them vanish?

Maybe the name 'Courtney' has a deeper meaning... :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Squidbillies rules because its the only show making elaborate college football jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6Sw26gUQo