Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

my dad posted:

Not D, Not B, Not F

I cast my vote to this as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Volmarias posted:

Remember when you were saying that you expected that the player base would be more serious in Trad Games than in GBS? :allears:

Looking forward to our boy dying horribly because of HILARIOUS :hurr: decisions

mayhap you should go back.

michael knight
Oct 16, 2003

I love pubbies!
Whew, finally caught up.

CAH

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Canuck-Errant posted:

*yawn* Spreadsheet updated, I'm gonna go take a nap now

Thank you for tracking this. I have been checking it regularly.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Not D
Not B
Not F

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
As an aside,

You're the 100th voter in this vote, the first time we've hit that record so far this CYOA! :toot:

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Changing my 3f vote to 3I.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

My vote is for Awesome Adventures in the Forest.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Voting C A D

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Hi, Winson here, your friendly subforum moderator. This is just to remind folks that a public PBP thread is public; if Diogines doesn't want someone posting in the thread he will tell them. If they continue to post, he will tell me. Otherwise the rules for PBP are reduced because of the nature of the format; patrolling for content is not something I like to do. In the meantime enjoy your game, it seems to be going really well in spite of being sent to the Nerd Dungeon. Carry on!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Not sure what that post was about(a deleted post I didn't see or something?) but, all is well!

Howdy Winson.

The next update will go up at some point tonight.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Canuck-Errant posted:

*yawn* Spreadsheet updated, I'm gonna go take a nap now

It's really awesome that people are doing this, if I had just one small suggestion, a link in the spreadsheet to the update to see what the options are would be neat.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 6, 2013

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Diogines posted:

Not sure what that post was about(a deleted post I didn't see or something?) but, all is well!

Howdy Winson.

The next update will go up at some point tonight.

Just a couple reports, thought I would swing by and say hey is all. Since many in here are new to PBP, I thought a bit of clarification might help. People should still report really rule breaking poo poo, so if someone goatses the game, I will whale on them with my usual speed and efficiency.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
C We are loving filled with wonderment.

E HELL YEAH MECHA SHIVA

A Let's kick monster butt!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think anyone wants to see the game end prematurely. People complaining about us wanting to sacrifice Danal, but instead they want to adventure into the forest with monsters at night as a child, need to realize that the risks involved aren't as different as they might think. I don't really see it as a comedy option or something.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

dyzzy posted:

It's really awesome that people are doing this, if I had just one small suggestion, a link in the spreadsheet to the update to see what the options are would be neat.

Done. Added the link to the top-left cell of the spreadsheet.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Tsyni posted:

I don't think anyone wants to see the game end prematurely. People complaining about us wanting to sacrifice Danal, but instead they want to adventure into the forest with monsters at night as a child, need to realize that the risks involved aren't as different as they might think. I don't really see it as a comedy option or something.

Well, we are only actually about two votes away from greeting danger in the camp by staying here, as opposed to avoiding danger in the camp by playing in the forest.

Personally, I do feel it would be a little bit amusing if we managed to off ourselves at the age of 11 before having learned to count to 11. Not a voting option for me though, just amusing about the collective psyche represented.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
CAH natch. We'll be the gruff serious lancer type for our princebro. The voice of caution and reason, but still up for a bit of light adventure if he so wishes.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

CAH

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
The people voting down DBF are pretty much wasting their votes. It never was going to win anyway. Plus, when you vote down all three you're also voting down walking behind Danal for no particular reason.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
What the gently caress is wrong with you fish people.

Voting CAA everything is lovely in the forest and we are going to be big drat heroes.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
1-C and 2-A are pretty locked down. It would take a pretty concerted effort to move them if we wanted to.

3-C and 3-H are only 3 votes apart. Motion could still happen in the 3 area vote.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sogol posted:

1-C and 2-A are pretty locked down. It would take a pretty concerted effort to move them if we wanted to.

3-C and 3-H are only 3 votes apart. Motion could still happen in the 3 area vote.

By my count, 3C and 3H are only one vote apart because of the two negative votes 3H got. Otherwise, yeah, I'd call it for 1C and 2A.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Update delayed till today/tomorrow(depending on your time zone), we won't have on tonight, sorry folks.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Coq au Nandos posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you fish people.

Voting CAA everything is lovely in the forest and we are going to be big drat heroes.

The fish is a cool interesting religion and we walked away from it to hang out with a diablo 2 paladin so it's understandable that some people are a little peeved.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

andrew smash posted:

The fish is a cool interesting religion and we walked away from it to hang out with a diablo 2 paladin so it's understandable that some people are a little peeved.

The fishes best priest tickled the paladins party, I think we all know who's the better religion here

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I still see no reason to choose. Og the Lunatic with the turning of the moon. Enkidel Wildling Hero of the Dawn. No doubt this will make us quite psychotic, but based on voting trends that is a foregone conclusion.

Random Idiot
Mar 15, 2001
Changing my 3 vote. I don't really want to, but I'd like to keep this new trend of 'things happening' rolling.

Changing from 3. J to 3. C

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

andrew smash posted:

Just because we've left the village, doesn't mean we're never going to encounter asherah and his worshippers again.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

The fishes best priest tickled the paladins party, I think we all know who's the better religion here

The Paladin just had better gear.

I think it's good that there is dissent on how to proceed. It makes things interesting.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Natalie Fartman posted:

Just because we've left the village, doesn't mean we're never going to encounter asherah and his worshippers again.

True enough, but I would have liked it if we could have had longer to be there and explore its background.

And it's way more interesting for us to be exploring Asherah's faith and culture than El's IMO. El sounds like an Old Testament Yahweh analogue, complete with angels and circumcisionhair-cutting and that's boring as gently caress; "holy warrior fighting demons for God" is so done to death in Western culture/fiction that it would suck hard IMO if this CYOA ended up going down that route. I can only speak for myself but I'm going to use my votes as best as I can to move us away from anything that looks like it would pull us in that direction. I don't doubt Diogines' ability to make whatever happens interesting, but I'd strongly prefer us not to go down such an unoriginal route.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Genpei Turtle posted:

I can only speak for myself but I'm going to use my votes as best as I can to move us away from anything that looks like it would pull us in that direction. I don't doubt Diogines' ability to make whatever happens interesting, but I'd strongly prefer us not to go down such an unoriginal route.

For me we were training to be a priest of Asherah for a reason. We were given the chance to run away from that for a reason. I want to know who or what our father is. There is more to the religions here than just fish god/leviathan and El being a Yahweh analogue. Following Tudiyah into the city appears to be the best way to fulfill that goal for now.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

HiHo ChiRho posted:

For me we were training to be a priest of Asherah for a reason. We were given the chance to run away from that for a reason. I want to know who or what our father is. There is more to the religions here than just fish god/leviathan and El being a Yahweh analogue. Following Tudiyah into the city appears to be the best way to fulfill that goal for now.

Oh, I don't doubt at all that there's more to it. But becoming a full-time El worshiper and spending all our time immersing ourselves in his culture carries a much higher risk of the CYOA going in that direction, so personally I want to move as far away from it as we can.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I have to agree. Besides, Asherah is just a lovely god to choose; it's a god of punishment and no reward, and it's pretty clearly not as strong as El. Besides, we've got an actual friend now :3:

Random Idiot
Mar 15, 2001

Genpei Turtle posted:

True enough, but I would have liked it if we could have had longer to be there and explore its background.

I agree with all of this post, but this part more than anything else. We didn't even get to confirm or deny the wild rumors flying around because we weren't there long enough for the rite of passage. All we have is hearsay from a religiously biased outsider who never actually went on any of the expeditions.

Everyone is eager to take everything the El worshipers say at face value because it's all hero worship and demon slaying, but I guarantee you we're not getting anywhere near the whole story. Fishdad at least, was very up front about everything fishgod stands for without sugar coating anything. Fishgod is harsh, but fair. For the low low price of daily offerings, he makes sure the sea provides all the food the village could ever need, keeps natural disasters away, and imbues priests with power to fight off douchebag invaders who try to kidnap children from a peaceful fishing village.

It's definitely not a coincidence that a goddamn king shows up at Og's doorstep with the right combination of magical doodads to resist fish-lightning either, so they're probably lying about 'Wanderlust' too.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Random Idiot posted:

Everyone is eager to take everything the El worshipers say at face value because it's all hero worship and demon slaying, but I guarantee you we're not getting anywhere near the whole story. Fishdad at least, was very up front about everything fishgod stands for without sugar coating anything.

I agree with that, but fishdad is dead and can't tell us any more about the rituals then to collect sea shells. We know very little about it and unless we are running back and finding another priest I don't think that's going to happen, especially that now we have our hair cut.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Random Idiot posted:

It's definitely not a coincidence that a goddamn king shows up at Og's doorstep with the right combination of magical doodads to resist fish-lightning either, so they're probably lying about 'Wanderlust' too.
We crushed Kranberry when we showed up in chuckling because he was a chump. He had extensive preparations and he had knowledge of us, he was just several magnitudes weaker.

It's pretty obvious that whatever powers fishdad had was just plain weaker than the king.

There also isn't a dichotomy between El and Asherah. We can always withhold judgement until we have more information. Frankly I think we have more than enough information Asherah (rear end in a top hat cannibal fish), but that doesn't mean we need to automatically worship El.

CAH, this probably won't get us killed I guess.

Algid fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 7, 2013

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Still time for DBF? DBF. DBF it up.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Genpei Turtle posted:

Oh, I don't doubt at all that there's more to it. But becoming a full-time El worshiper and spending all our time immersing ourselves in his culture carries a much higher risk of the CYOA going in that direction, so personally I want to move as far away from it as we can.

Yeah, ok, except we have zero forest training and we're really far from the village now. We have no idea what way to get back and we don't even know which way south or west is. Even if some forest-monster didn't kill us, we'd get lost before we made it back to our village.

Maybe when we get back there, eventually, we can hang out with Pagam finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I have not looked at the tallies since last night and honestly have no idea what the winning votes are right now.

Voting closes one hour on the dot, from this post. It is not too late to vote, or you change your vote, though if you do chance it, please do so by making a new post so we don't miss it.

If our ever helpful Canuck will tell me he finished counting, I will then start on the next update. The next one after that will be Saturday morning and I am hoping for one that night too if possible.