Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
In case anyone still cares:

Lazer Bot posted:

TGT is not dead just in its cocoon
Whether this is true remains to be seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Vogon Poet posted:

TGT is not dead just in its cocoon
I will say that that's a perfect Lazerbot-ism right there.

Also, I made a promise on the TGT youtube account to get Ch. 4 pt 2 out in June. Clock is ticking...

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 6, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
So if the comic's in a cocoon does that mean its going to come back better? Or is the cocoon like a coma-ish thing?
Welp. Glad to hear its not dead. I had a few more of those sketches lying around that I could finish up on anyways.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

scarycave posted:

So if the comic's in a cocoon does that mean its going to come back better? Or is the cocoon like a coma-ish thing?
Welp. Glad to hear its not dead. I had a few more of those sketches lying around that I could finish up on anyways.

It means it will come back for one day, lay an egg, and die

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

And from that Egg a thousand new webcomics shall flourish!?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

scarycave posted:

Tails Gets Gay is going to become a full series, I'm sure of it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So up until now has been the larva stage and we will eventually be getting full on Mothra then right?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Light Gun Man posted:

So up until now has been the larva stage and we will eventually be getting full on Mothra then right?

I think he just is not up on his entomology, meant that he's going to, much like the cicada, bury himself into the ground for 17 years, come back up for a really loud and annoying display, then die.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I think he just is not up on his entomology, meant that he's going to, much like the cicada, bury himself into the ground for 17 years, come back up for a really loud and annoying display, then die.

Yeah that sounds like something Lazerbot would do.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

//Edit//

That's exactly what I was going for. :allears:

Some Av's if anyone wants:

scarycave fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 9, 2013

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Other than needing to read "Super Kario 64", this is amazing.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
This thread has become some insane outsider art street fair

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
On Facebook, Lazerbot assures us that he has been "working on the comic and multiple other things with [his] brother embergram" and is not, in fact, dead despite some assumptions and accusations that he didn't specify further. He also wants to emphasize that "all accusations are incorrect. barely, and its rare that the accusation is even remotely close what so ever". In conclusion, he wants to thank his "true fans" and "the non ones as well" for the "support and patients" and he hopes that "your accusations will be more solid to the new days to home".

Good luck with your multiple things, lazerbot. Hope to see them soon.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
From his dA:

"this whole time i haven't uploaded anything has been me working on the comic and multiple other things with my brother embergram, i think i have explained this several hundred times before but like a lot of people they let that go through one ear and out the other, and claim and assume to know the situation and even go to the extent of me being dead, or when i do something they didn't expect i am hacked or something else, maybe just be patient and stop the accusations cause no matter what things will happen how i i want them to happen with my work regardless

thanks for the support and patients and like always i will do things on my time and on my terms. it has always been that way and will always be that way. thank you very much to the true fans and thanks to the non ones as well. have a wonderful day and i hope your accusations will be more solid to the new days to come."

I haven't visited the TGT thread in a while, but it sounds like his pill has dropped in temperature. I just wish I could be a true fan...

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
the pill dropping in temperature is a good thing, right?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

This thread has become some insane outsider art street fair

To be fair, this thread always felt like one. Have you not seen Shiva the hedgehog?

I'm kind of hoping LB is going to have the whole fight done and just post it all at once, and then this thread will be full of laughter again, like in the good old days, right? :unsmith:

scarycave fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 10, 2013

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The most chilled pill

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

scarycave posted:

To be fair, this thread always felt like one. Have you not seen Shiva the hedgehog?

I personally prefer Saint Sonic the Baptist.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Raserys posted:

I personally prefer Saint Sonic the Baptist.

I don't think there's been a single piece of fan-art that hasn't made me laugh like some horrible monster coughing up chipmunks.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 12, 2013

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lazerbot Facebook update about the comic:

quote:

well hello everyone, the next chapter is going pretty good so far, i ain't gonna upload it until the chapter is done, that way it gives me more time to work on everything. i share this because i am really enjoying this chapter so far and i thought i would give you guys something to look forward to

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I want to believe.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Sounds like he found some enthusiasm. Really glad about this, it felt like at the end he got kinda sick of everything; SA backstabbed him, everyone complained about the tedious fights, he probably kinda ran out of steam himself. it sounds like he found some inspiration and is excited to work on TGT again.

Then again, this could be a horrible case of projecting.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
SA back-stabbed him? After starting as a mock thread, turning into a fan thread, then suggesting he not use certain slurs? BETRAYAL!

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
Well, SA has large anti-anime contingent, so as the series began to focus on Shounen-esque fights plotted by an amateur writer, the worst qualities of the genre began to the infect the work and enjoyment slowed. The whole social justice crusade was, frankly, embarrassing to even be aware of.

The dissatisfaction began to set in beforehand, but the bile and just, implicit hatred towards the author was focused solely on the the social justice fallout. It made me like BSS a lot less, and the thread's posters elsewhere are always under scrutiny. "Troll Slayurs" is almost a bade of shame at this point.

But I think releasing this chapter by chapter, in addition to a regular side project where he can deliver the comedy and unconvoluted action he's best at. I think the Shounen fights have certainly had great bits, but pacing, and particularly sustained tonal shift, hurts the comic.

Come back to us, Lazerbot. You have tons of fans, even if we are slightly and vocally critical.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Danzou posted:

Well, SA has large anti-anime contingent, so as the series began to focus on Shounen-esque fights plotted by an amateur writer, the worst qualities of the genre began to the infect the work and enjoyment slowed. The whole social justice crusade was, frankly, embarrassing to even be aware of.

The dissatisfaction began to set in beforehand, but the bile and just, implicit hatred towards the author was focused solely on the the social justice fallout. It made me like BSS a lot less, and the thread's posters elsewhere are always under scrutiny. "Troll Slayurs" is almost a bade of shame at this point.

But I think releasing this chapter by chapter, in addition to a regular side project where he can deliver the comedy and unconvoluted action he's best at. I think the Shounen fights have certainly had great bits, but pacing, and particularly sustained tonal shift, hurts the comic.

Come back to us, Lazerbot. You have tons of fans, even if we are slightly and vocally critical.

I feel like we read entirely different threads. The way I remember it happening was some people being a little disappointed in him using certain language, some people defending him, which started a ridiculously mild discussion, someone contacting him, him freaking the gently caress out over the whole thing (which was nothing, unless someone else was trolling him) and then people freaking out here over him freaking out and blaming the first group of people for ruining things.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

ToastyPotato posted:

I feel like we read entirely different threads. The way I remember it happening was some people being a little disappointed in him using certain language, some people defending him, which started a ridiculously mild discussion, someone contacting him, him freaking the gently caress out over the whole thing (which was nothing, unless someone else was trolling him) and then people freaking out here over him freaking out and blaming the first group of people for ruining things.

That's how I remember it too. Several posters expressed disappointment that Lazerbot said certain things on Facebook. We didn't go after him with our tumblr pitchforks and social justice torches, and nobody said that they would quit reading over it. It wasn't until Lazerbot's massive meltdown that people really started to leave.

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID
All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again. :psylon:

Hooray for recurring arguments.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

Danzou posted:

You are delusional. NO ONE is in here hating on Lazerbot because he is getting too anime. What does that even mean to you? There was no crusade. Was there bile? I don't think so, a couple people called him a jerk maybe? LB is obviously a weird kid, that's never been in question.
I see you trying to sound reasonable, it's just not coming out that way. Do you consider yourself mature?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Jago posted:

You are delusional. NO ONE is in here hating on Lazerbot because he is getting too anime. What does that even mean to you? There was no crusade. Was there bile? I don't think so, a couple people called him a jerk maybe? LB is obviously a weird kid, that's never been in question.
I see you trying to sound reasonable, it's just not coming out that way. Do you consider yourself mature?

dubsteppin posted:

All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again. :psylon:

Hooray for recurring arguments.

Are you the wizard? :magical:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

lazerbot should finish the comic in the next page.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

The last chapter is Shadow killing every single character and screaming about how he can say human being whenever he wants.

vvv
Exactly. Thanks again for your sweet gifs, scarycave.

Breadallelogram fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 15, 2013

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Breadallelogram posted:

The last chapter is Shadow killing every single character and screaming about how he can say human being whenever he wants.

You mean this?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I like that he is going to release the chapter in go instead of installments. If its another massively long fight scene it'll be much easier to read through and enjoy.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Hey guys.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I read the first three chapters around when they first came out and I was bored. I revisited the thread two weeks ago, got through all 366 pages and I'm glad I did! Despite a dissapointingly cliche internet-meltdown ending, the comic was hilarious. Honestly, it reminded me of something you may see your moderately-talented friend doodle up in high school during boring class lectures: real outsider art!

I really wanted to convince myself that Lazerbot was just an ELABORATE persona used to develop a surreal post-modern masterpiece, but alas, Occam's Razor proved true in this instance. The bummer is that the goons were generally behind him the whole way and he just snapped after a percieved insult. A real dissapointing ending, but unsurprising considering the corner he had written himself in.

The greatest tragedy of all? We will never know what Shadow was knitting. :reject:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

nerdbot posted:

Hey guys.

I just reread the Kario chapter, and my God, he has some of the best lines in this comic.

Kario posted:

oh my god you kids think we would actually love you ahhahahahahahah i don't even love your mom.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Lazer Bot posted:

hello i thought i would update you on the TGT progress, well i have six pages left and i am super excited about this chapter. but there is something else that is being worked on that is slowing down the page process a bit. i hop you guys can continue to be patient if not go watch a long tv show that last days to watch. and come back. thank you and have a nice day

Sounds good!

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Perhaps we're over the era of Angry bot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rey the Great
Dec 9, 2011
This just really needs to hurry up, I couldn't care less about a side project.