Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Unreal Fantasy posted:

m very interested to see the differences between ECS and the massdrop grills.

Me too. I was the organizer for the Massdrop group buy, and people were not happy when ECS released their grille just as the group buy was ending. I think I'd be happy with either, just anxious to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

Decided I wanted a new car instead of continuing to maintain my old one. This one has more space, more comfy, more pretty, more fast, more fun. 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6.

Luminous fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 8, 2013

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

A little goony is way better than douchey :). I watched the other videos too and was impressed that they and you all seem like normal people and not from the typical crowd the hellastance meets seem to draw out as of late.

That meet/show hadn't even been on my radar (I'm in Seattle too), but I'll have to keep an eye out and see about going.

Mordred
Mar 15, 2007

Gern Blandsten posted:

I haven't seen too many other Alfas in AI, let alone GTV6's. I was going to ask in my post if anyone would be interested in starting an Alfa or Italian car thread.

I am a bit late, but yes please do start such a thread.

I love your car!

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

nollij posted:

Thanks! Yea, I was a bit nervous and fell over myself with what I was trying to remember to say. At one point they went "just pause for a second and do it again. You don't need to tell us you're gonna try again every time."

Meh. I think I got a good shot in this. Putting out 460 to the wheels and car weighs around 3100.

To be fair, I watched the other videos and a lot of the other contestants were a bit frazzled as well. I think it was probably their method of shooting the videos that put people on the spot. Ah well. Regardless, hope you win!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Yesterday I flew to Connecticut to look at a car. It was better than expected and is now settled in the garage awaiting a full detail after a 800 mile road trip and a quick wash. Sorry for the lovely cell phone shot after a quick wash, better pictures once it's really clean.

1988 BMW M3 with 80k miles. One previous owner, all original everything. It's amazing and I can't stop smiling.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I can't imagine anything more fun that 800 miles in an e30 m3. I hope you hit some backroads and wound the S14 out.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

NitroSpazzz posted:

Yesterday I flew to Connecticut to look at a car. It was better than expected and is now settled in the garage awaiting a full detail after a 800 mile road trip and a quick wash. Sorry for the lovely cell phone shot after a quick wash, better pictures once it's really clean.

1988 BMW M3 with 80k miles. One previous owner, all original everything. It's amazing and I can't stop smiling.

You son of a bitch. How much did you pay for it?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

Goddamn, that's beautiful.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Drive back was mainly interstate as I just wanted to get it home. Now that it's here it'll spend a lot of time in the mountains.

Ended up getting it for 24k which seems nuts for a 25 year old car but this is the first all original under 100k example I've seen. Well worth the flights and drive, I'd do it again in a heartbeat though my bank account will disagree.

That engine is just something else though, it just pulls and pulls all the way to 8k with no letting up.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

You have the best car, I am jealous.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

Drive back was mainly interstate as I just wanted to get it home. Now that it's here it'll spend a lot of time in the mountains.

Ended up getting it for 24k which seems nuts for a 25 year old car but this is the first all original under 100k example I've seen. Well worth the flights and drive, I'd do it again in a heartbeat though my bank account will disagree.

That engine is just something else though, it just pulls and pulls all the way to 8k with no letting up.

I believe you may have a bounty on your head at this very moment ;) Truly an amazing pickup.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Mat_Drinks posted:

I watched the other videos too and was impressed that they and you all seem like normal people and not from the typical crowd the hellastance meets seem to draw out as of late.

Oh no. They are still all over the place. I don't think the guy running the website wants any "street sweepers" in the competition though as these cars need to actually be capable of performing.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFL0oVk-D1F6V0huedUQ8oQdEKu1LoY0f

Out of all the cars so far, the WRX is probably the only the one that seems more show than go. Next one to be announced you can see in this picture:

It's a V8 swapped FD RX7. The guy is a regular drag strip attendee and runs 10s.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

That E30 is :circlefap: You might just be the coolest guy in AI. The last few pages have been solid, comrade' GT-R, that 911, the EVO, and now this?! AI is truly the irl cool dudes forum.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
I want to see a lot more pictures of that E30 M3. It just looks incredible.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Had a feeling it would get a good response. When I stopped by the dealership my brother works at they all came running out to look it over, as well as guys from the Jaguar, Audi/VW and Porsche dealerships.

Once it's cleaned up I'll be posting a ton of pictures at every opportunity. Need to get a group shot with Dad's.

Until then...

Scary fact: It was almost totaled 5 minutes before this picture when some rear end in a top hat decided to run a red light.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 9, 2013

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

NitroSpazzz posted:

Scary fact: It was almost totaled 5 minutes before this picture when some rear end in a top hat decided to run a red light.

It's a good thing I read that twice, I was going to assemble a lynch mob...

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
Thats my dream car down to the paint code and year, congrats on finding it and making that happen.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

That E30 M3 is a great looking car and a crazy find at that low KM. For the unaware, what makes an E30 M3 worth more than a newer M3 in similar shape with similar KM's like this one? Love the car, just curious.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

VelociBacon posted:

That E30 M3 is a great looking car and a crazy find at that low KM. For the unaware, what makes an E30 M3 worth more than a newer M3 in similar shape with similar KM's like this one?

Scarcity, mainly. Plus it's an iconic car.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

That E30 M3 is a great looking car and a crazy find at that low KM. For the unaware, what makes an E30 M3 worth more than a newer M3 in similar shape with similar KM's like this one? Love the car, just curious.

The history of the E30 M3 is why people lust after it, the scarcity and recent media is driving the price.

Here's some history - http://paultan.org/2007/07/16/the-history-of-the-bmw-m3-e30-m3/

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 9, 2013

stump
Jan 19, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

This is an interesting discussion: http://youtu.be/REwb748WX4E

It's a very iconic car, becoming very collectible, and can be had on a high end enthusiast budget.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
There's a lot of differences, the e30 m3 is going to have a different torque curve because no vanos, be smaller, weigh less, has minimal power steering assist etc. Just a different feel. The early m3s are more like a track oriented street car while the newer ones are more like a refined sports car that can rip up a track.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

stump posted:

This is an interesting discussion: http://youtu.be/REwb748WX4E

It's a very iconic car, becoming very collectible, and can be had on a high end enthusiast budget.

Also it helps they didnt realy build that many compared to the e36 and e46 m3s iirc. Although a few years ago prices were still low over here due to being 'an old bmw' but now prices are starting to mirror stuff like sierra cosworths and integrales.

Hell last time I checked you could buy an early year e90 m3 over here for a low 20k, but the e30 is the one that started it all and was a homologation special.

That said im well jell! :D

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

anime and cars posted:

Also it helps they didnt realy build that many compared to the e36 and e46 m3s iirc. Although a few years ago prices were still low over here due to being 'an old bmw' but now prices are starting to mirror stuff like sierra cosworths and integrales.

Hell last time I checked you could buy an early year e90 m3 over here for a low 20k, but the e30 is the one that started it all and was a homologation special.

That said im well jell! :D

I still remember my father pushing me away from an E30 M3 I was looking at in 2002, at $12-13K (avg price then) vs the E36 I ended up with. It's crazy seeing the value just jump in that time.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

quote:

The E30 M3 was a car that (in the EU models where AC was an option) came with different spring rates depending on whether the car was equipped with AC, to make up for the weight of the AC compressor, because that is something that E30 M3 buyers cared about.

The car in your post is a white convertible with an automatic transmission.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Some rear end in a top hat in one of those tried to race my bud's 98 DeVille and lost poorly. Might have been a later model though, guy in it looked Polish as all hell.

(I'm polish too, but not the kind with the BMW affinity)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sports
Sep 1, 2012
You chose the right generation, though. There's a 2002tii with the white rally wide body and the red/green pinstripes near my house. Not my cuppa, though.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

sports posted:

Some rear end in a top hat in one of those tried to race my bud's 98 DeVille and lost poorly. Might have been a later model though, guy in it looked Polish as all hell.

(I'm polish too, but not the kind with the BMW affinity)

1) It either wasn't an E30 M3, or the BMW driver didn't know your buddy was "racing."

2) Congratulations on dredging new lows in casual racism. Funny how those assholes always look Polish. :psyduck:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

thealphabetsez posted:

I still remember my father pushing me away from an E30 M3 I was looking at in 2002, at $12-13K (avg price then) vs the E36 I ended up with. It's crazy seeing the value just jump in that time.

In 2002 or so my Dad decided he wanted a M3 for a track toy, originally planned on picking up an E30. We went to a dealership and test drove a mint E30 M3 (<30k miles, asking 14k) and since we didn't realize how you had to drive it were really unimpressed. We test drove a E36 M3 afterwards and he bought that car instead. The E30 we test drove just sold for 42k, his E36 is still the track toy and he loves it.

He went out and bought a E30 M3 last fall, 114k for 18k I think. I've posted it in the AI'est thread.

Finch!
Sep 11, 2001

Spatial Awareness?

[ ] Whaleshark

404 Not Found

KakerMix posted:

I didn't know there were so many R goons!

3 days, 350 miles :getin:
(but staying away from WOT and under 4k RPM is tough)

R goon since 2008! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032817#post353620954

sports
Sep 1, 2012

meatpimp posted:

1) It either wasn't an E30 M3, or the BMW driver didn't know your buddy was "racing."

2) Congratulations on dredging new lows in casual racism. Funny how those assholes always look Polish. :psyduck:

It was an E30 M3 though. The one man was nagging him to race for weeks before.

Also, I'm targeting an inclement ethnic population that pays real earth money for crap, aka 1993+ BMWs.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

meatpimp posted:

As cool as they are E30 M3's are not in any way shape or form fast in a straight line.

Hate to bench race but according to https://www.zeroto60times.com

1987 BMW M3 0-60 mph 8.0 Quarter mile 16.1

vs

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 0-60 mph 7.2 Quarter mile 15.2
1998 Cadillac DeVille Concours 0-60 mph 6.8 Quarter mile 14.9

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kill me now posted:

As cool as they are E30 M3's are not in any way shape or form fast in a straight line.

vs

I hardly think someone with a real E30 M3 is going to give a poo poo about a Cadillac wanting to street "race," but I really don't care. :)

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005
Just got a fresh new aero front bumper and rear spoiler painted for my Z4! :) Next I think I'm going to get the sideskirts and rear apron. I love OEM poo poo, it fits so perfect. I'm waiting for a tow hook license plate mount so I don't have to drill into the bumper directly--Virginia is strict about front plates. :sigh:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Z4's have such nice asses

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.
Baby Blue dipped 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

bEatmstrJ posted:

Baby Blue dipped 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

Gen Coupe Bros :hfive:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

kill me now posted:

vs

Thing is that site is pain wrong most of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Bahamutsrage posted:

Just got a fresh new aero front bumper and rear spoiler painted for my Z4! :) Next I think I'm going to get the sideskirts and rear apron. I love OEM poo poo, it fits so perfect. I'm waiting for a tow hook license plate mount so I don't have to drill into the bumper directly--Virginia is strict about front plates. :sigh:

Oh man, when static, that car is just awesome! Any chance of getting a small spacer in the rear?!