Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Voting x2

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Tsyni posted:

Question for Diogines: What time zone are you in? Just wondering what to base "tonight" on when you say it.

'Mmerrica Time. The only time zone.

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
I'll go for JJ, hopefully Asherah cares.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
I can understand the Not R vote if you're not on-board with the fish god, but at least let the J votes go through unmolested. Quit oppressing our religious freedom!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Changing my Vote from "F", "I" to "I, I"

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I'm guessing we probably lack the skills for this, but have we left any tracks/signs of where we've been? If we wait until daylight is there any chance we could better see such signs?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I liked the non-god bothering options in general, but with the way the vote's gone this seems the best choice for me.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
M and N

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

why are we wasting our prayers? We don't know we are in trouble and you people want to pray when we don't even know it will work. Have some faith in our abilities, drat

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Barring a drastic change in the voting patters which require an extension to make it fair, I am closing the voting at 8:00 PM Eastern US time, which will be roughly an hour and a half from now.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
This is hilarious, seems however it goes we'll have the exciting result of A) Praying to some God and probably having nothing happen, B) Praying to another God which seems slightly more likely to do something, but still probably nothing happening, or C) Patting a crying kid on the head.

Sigh, I guess I'll (sorry) change my vote from JR to JJ, since R seems both dead and rather more drastic/dangerous (although at least it'd be doing something), even though I really hate this pattern of voting in response to other votes, instead of for what actually seems appealing. I am afraid though that it's a pretty wasted vote, I mean, what's going to happen, we pray, Asherah, predictably, does nothing, and we lose more faith in Asherah because we're not sure of the difference between ocean and forest. Ah well.

Oh, and of note, just looking at the spreadsheet, I think Tsyni changing from JR to JJ was missed.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Changing my vote from J, R to Jx2.

What a shame. I was starting to get super curious about what the tooth might do. That woulda been fun.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 8, 2013

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
E,U We ain't lost, but we should probably try to remember which way we came from so we can retrieve provisions!

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Changing my vote to J,J. All aboard the Fish Bandwagon.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Changing my vote to . We are Enkidel, let's start acting like a hero.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Changing vote from FF to

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Task Manager posted:

I can understand the Not R vote if you're not on-board with the fish god, but at least let the J votes go through unmolested. Quit oppressing our religious freedom!

Any attempts to pursue Asherah related courses of action will be subject to filibuster by the El Party

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

F U

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

maxhush posted:

Any attempts to pursue Asherah related courses of action will be subject to filibuster by the El Party

Like the Asherah Party doesn't do the same thing, blocking our efforts to pursue healthcare for every mortal. Afraid of any new things, unwilling to pursue the scientifically proven paths of worship!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

SerSpook posted:

Like the Asherah Party doesn't do the same thing, blocking our efforts to pursue healthcare for every mortal. Afraid of any new things, unwilling to pursue the scientifically proven paths of worship!

Health-care is fiiine, it's just viewed on a larger scale. The community is made healthier if the sick are devoured to keep from spreading.

And hey, they positively love new things, especially when they wash up on shore. Free source of children.

* And the ability to ignore spears through the chest and to shoot lightning from your hands when that normally doesn't happen seem like pretty hypothesis verifying results.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Theglavwen posted:

Health-care is fiiine, it's just viewed on a larger scale. The community is made healthier if the sick are devoured to keep from spreading.

And hey, they positively love new things, especially when they wash up on shore. Free source of children.

* And the ability to ignore spears through the chest and to shoot lightning from your hands when that normally doesn't happen seem like pretty hypothesis verifying results.

It's known any lesser demon can give those same benefits! Besides, how will you feed your children with Sith lightning?

Asherah Worship has also been linked to rising sea levels. Vote El for a better tomorrow.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Changing my vote to while I update the spreadsheet.

Edit:
:siren: Eryxias and 100 HOGS AGREE :siren:
You need to change your Q votes, since that option was actually invalid.

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 9, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

SerSpook posted:

Besides, how will you feed your children with Sith lightning?

By using it to kill large schools of fish and/or large beasts in need of eating!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

SerSpook posted:

It's known any lesser demon can give those same benefits! Besides, how will you feed your children with Sith lightning?

Asherah Worship has also been linked to rising sea levels. Vote El for a better tomorrow.

Rising sea levels just means more beach front property! Don't you like beaches!?

Serious-talk: curious for the "anti-turning-to-gods" crowd, why no votes for Not-J Not-I? Instead of just Not-J x2?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Canuck-Errant posted:

The guy running the spreadsheet is an El supporter... :tinfoil:

We know El is this powerful established god. I think it would be way more fun to bring Asherah to the masses. Let's shake up the status quo.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Theglavwen posted:

Rising sea levels just means more beach front property! Don't you like beaches!?

Serious-talk: curious for the "anti-turning-to-gods" crowd, why no votes for Not-J Not-I? Instead of just Not-J x2?

Because I think praying to El, at worst, fizzles but praying to Asherah has the potential to destroy our ability to actually do anything cool in the future. Unless we go the Asherah cult in Zepath idea, which seems terrible in its own way.

I don't necessarily think it'll happen, but praying to Asherah seems the type of thing that could render us basically unable to use divine powers of El in the future. And Asherah's powers, so far, have basically been the most generic (and not particularly powerful) thing out there.

eta: Also, we're probably not far from camp and praying to Asherah when Barkof or Tudiyah can walk up on us and find us seems all kinds of terrible idea. For a god I find to be boring (El, similarly, is boring but at least may give the cooler powers).

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
El could also have more power since he has more followers in the immediate area -- even if his power isn't directly related to his followers (as in Madgod), the followers are there for him to influence.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Changing vote to , since that's apparently an option and I can't read!

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

Canuck-Errant posted:

Edit:

we agree?!? :ohdear: the world might explode!
Q vote changed to

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Changing my vote from JE to JJ.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Changed vote: Not-J and Not-J

Changed from not-J and I.
Hoping I, F and U win.
Updated my previous post.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Changing my vote to Not J x2

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Looking at the spreadsheet, and where I think it has yet to be updated, I think J is behind the top two options by like one vote, but it keeps going back and forth. This has been a bizarre vote.

edit: Now a bit further behind.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Canuck-Errant posted:

Edit:

I don't know what to do, so I'm going along with my favorite person.
Voting this.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

I dedicate both my votes to balance out J and I so they tie

Sorry Canuck :v:

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Diog has stated in the chat that voting has closed as of the top of the hour, so I'll no longer count votes from this point on.

Final count:

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Death to the fishgod :getin:

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
Oops, missed that voting had closed.

What angels of El do we specifically know of?

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

I vote for B F!

White Noise Marine fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
edit: also missed voting closed.