Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

The Steak Justice posted:

Anyone who's been watching anything on Blip has probably had to deal with Home Depot's latest abortion of an ad campaign, where they're trying to cash in on the popular internet cats going around by making their own "wise cracking" internet cat. I almost didn't want to talk about it because it's so pitiful but I have to know that I'm not the only one who's putting up with this poo poo.

It was either the 90 second "gently caress you turn off adblocker meanie :(" or the absolutely terrible ads in front of, in between, and during Blip videos. I was considering just leaving the adblocker off for them but after an ad popped up during a video I pretty much said screw Blip and put it back on.

But yeah, Home Depot's Meme cat thing is stupid, what does it have to do with Home improvement/renovation supplies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, I got that Blip thing last time I watched a RLM video. I tried to be nice and turn off adblocker but then they had to be assholes about it with those annoying pop ups during the video.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
All the trendy young urbanites dancing in the untreated fountain water with their nasty bare feet and McCafe coffees need to be cited and fined with a mandatory court date under some kind of health statute.

A few days later they all find out they've got a well-deserved fungus from each other.

I hope their day in court involves $25 parking that's a 45 min walk to the courthouse. And thunderstorms, unless they'd enjoy that and play in it or some poo poo.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).
That stupid Whirlpool Teen Jeans ad...

Teen: OMG, you washed my jeans! They'll shrink! They'll fade!

My response if I was her mother: You want your jeans to smell like dirty vagina? Fine, then. Hope you enjoy not having any friends, you smelly hippie dirtbag. And do your own loving laundry from now on. Stupid bitch.

Whirlpool.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

blackmet posted:

That stupid Whirlpool Teen Jeans ad...

Teen: OMG, you washed my jeans! They'll shrink! They'll fade!

My response if I was her mother: You want your jeans to smell like dirty vagina? Fine, then. Hope you enjoy not having any friends, you smelly hippie dirtbag. And do your own loving laundry from now on. Stupid bitch.

Whirlpool.

Well obviously the mom should be freezing them.

Yeah, I hate that commercial too. Combine the girl's whining, the mom's "Don't forget your jeans :smug:", and the fact that it comes on nearly every break, it's getting really annoying.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

This Citibank ad gets to me since the woman is hitting a pretty a punching bag with just handwraps and no gloves, which is an easy way to break your wrists and fracture your hands.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 4, 2013

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

What the gently caress is this, Kayak?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFcPW5hvHQ4

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Timby posted:

A nightmare inducing cultural insensitivity play?

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1yir-p68xM

Won't shop there, but keep on shining you crazy diamond.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Timby posted:

Have you never seen videos of Carnivale?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Tyberius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1yir-p68xM

Won't shop there, but keep on shining you crazy diamond.
While amusing I don't know that they can beat shipping your pants ever.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
"VEGAS! VEGAS! NOTHINGS GONNA STOP US TIL WE GET TO VEGAS!"

I was very happy when they stopped showing this one, but they recently brought it back and my local Fox affiliate plays the poo poo out of it...

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Some French DATDATDAT Some more French DATDATDAT English Speak

More French DATDATDAT Yet more French DATDATDAT Please kill me...

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

This Acura commercial ticks me off every time I even think about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=ttc9KEeM5lM

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Shouldn't belong in this thred, but it's just a reminder that some people are trapped in the 18th century.

quote:

Social media blow-back has been fierce, nasty and unusually racist after the top-selling, General Mills cereal brand last week began airing — and then posted online — a commercial featuring a sweet, mixed-race girl.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/06/03/cheerios-general-mills-commercial-mixed-race-ad/2384587/

Hats off to General Mills. :unsmith:. I hope the next round of ads feature gay couples to piss off people that are offended by this type of stuff.

I would definitely put this in the "Ads you love category".

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jun 6, 2013

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

FuzzySkinner posted:

Shouldn't belong in this thred, but it's just a reminder that some people are trapped in the 18th century.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/06/03/cheerios-general-mills-commercial-mixed-race-ad/2384587/

Hats off to General Mills. :unsmith:. I hope the next round of ads feature gay couples to piss off people that are offended by this type of stuff.

I would definitely put this in the "Ads you love category".

Oh wow, the fact that there is a mixed race couple in the ad never registered for me until now.
I wonder if General Mills is being intentionally socially forward with that ad or if they are as surprised as I am that apparently there are thriving communities of time travelers from the pre-civil war era out there. :psyduck:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
From their commercials I think Radio Shack has started selling sex toys or something.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

From their commercials I think Radio Shack has started selling sex toys or something.

You mean this one?

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh, well...hello there, Radio Shack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbtewxfcptw
:stare:

Edit: Ahhh, that's why this looked familiar. It's a take off of this song/video:

:nws: http://vimeo.com/63173106 :nws: (Lots of breasts, rear end, and such.)

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Honestly that's a pretty great commercial even if the product is unfortunately Beats by Dre

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I have no idea what it is for anymore but the bane of my existence is some stupid ad I keep saying on YouTube where a guy throws some garbage into a bin. "Swish" :smuggo: "Woww are you an athlete?" :downs:

At that point I mash the skip ad button.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

dijon du jour posted:

Oh wow, the fact that there is a mixed race couple in the ad never registered for me until now.
I wonder if General Mills is being intentionally socially forward with that ad or if they are as surprised as I am that apparently there are thriving communities of time travelers from the pre-civil war era out there. :psyduck:

Actually, I'm guessing socially forward. Last summer, at the same time that Chick-fil-a was raising a huff against gay marriage, Big G got protested for supporting it, and having their employees' same sex partners receive benefits. In response, the employees went out to the protesters and offered them ice tea and water with lemon wedges. They'd have given them cookies, but the protesters were making "dumping" piles of their products, and the cookies would have gone there too.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Cup of Hemlock posted:

This Acura commercial ticks me off every time I even think about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=ttc9KEeM5lM

Yup. "Hey rich assholes! Have we got something for YOU!"

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
No, you didn't eat the bones, nor do you think you ate the bones, unless you forgot the bucket of chicken that you bought was specifically called "boneless" and you can't read the word "boneless" that is printed on the side of the box in huge letters.

I wish you did eat the bones and one got caught in your throat, and EMT's had to perform an emergency tracheotomy with a kitchen knife and a ball point pen.

Nerdfest X fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 8, 2013

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I almost think they did that commercial because there would be one dumbass out there who would actually think he ate the bones.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

bobjr posted:

I almost think they did that commercial because there would be one dumbass out there who would actually think he ate the bones.

But it's a new product.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

bobjr posted:

I remember when KFC first announced they were going to serve boneless chicken, they honestly seemed to believe that "I ate the bones!" was going to blow up as the next big advertising catchphrase like "Where's the beef?" did years ago.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Okay, how many commercials did Samsung make for that "pause when you look away" feature? I just saw the third one. I mean it's a cool feature but does it really warrant 3 separate commercials?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Vicas posted:

Okay, how many commercials did Samsung make for that "pause when you look away" feature? I just saw the third one. I mean it's a cool feature but does it really warrant 3 separate commercials?

I prefer the Samsung commercial about the mom taking a picture of her son's convocation and then somehow digitally removing a person standing in front of him on the phone.

Because every other loving person's reaction for some reason is "IT CAN DO THAT?", no it can't loving do that, that wouldn't be possible except with some trickery by taking a video and doing some analysis that way, they don't even say the phone can do that in the commercial, they say something to the effect of "oh it's so advanced our phone!!!".

Shut up samsung no one likes you.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm really goddamned sick of the pledge drives they do on NPR. No I don't give a poo poo about the Eton Rugged Rukus Bluetooth Music system even if I can hear it playing the music right here in the studio right now! And I don't want to win the trip to see Garrison Keillor! I hate him! I give you guys money every month already. Shut up and stop pestering me for an hour every morning while I'm waking up and eating breakfast and just let me listen to the loving news.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Winning a meet and greet with Garrison Keillor seems like more of a punishment than a prize.

Van5
Sep 9, 2011

piratepilates posted:

I prefer the Samsung commercial about the mom taking a picture of her son's convocation and then somehow digitally removing a person standing in front of him on the phone.

Because every other loving person's reaction for some reason is "IT CAN DO THAT?", no it can't loving do that, that wouldn't be possible except with some trickery by taking a video and doing some analysis that way, they don't even say the phone can do that in the commercial, they say something to the effect of "oh it's so advanced our phone!!!".

They can't! I'm relieved because when I first saw I felt like a medieval peasant seeing a light bulb. All I could think was sorcery!

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Van5 posted:

They can't! I'm relieved because when I first saw I felt like a medieval peasant seeing a light bulb. All I could think was sorcery!

I'll bet a million bucks it just takes a window of time around when you clicked the button (it's always recording or something) and then interpolates what it would look like.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I'll bet a million bucks it just takes a window of time around when you clicked the button (it's always recording or something) and then interpolates what it would look like.

You know I just looked it up and the new Galaxy actually does have that feature, only you have to be in a specific mode while taking the picture which takes 5 consecutive pictures slowly and it looks for an area that changes greatly between the shots.

Only that's not that useful since you're just taking a bunch of pictures anyway, one of them would probably have the shot you'd want anyway without having to interpolate between images.

And it's also not really what the commercial depicts that well, since the lady would have to take a bunch of shots around the time when her son is being handed the diploma, one of which will probably be the shot you'd want anyway, and hope that that guy she wants to digitally erase didn't happen to jump in at the event you want (the guy actually being handed the diploma) or you wouldn't get the right shot anyway.

But because of that one commercial (which is actually faked, the picture you see her take is different from the one you see her manipulate which is a different pose than what you see, also you need to actually be in the "eraser" mode which actually takes 5 consecutive pictures (slowly), which she isn't) everyone thinks you can just take out objects from pictures like we're living in Blade Runner world, when it's just a camera that takes a bunch of pictures and might digitally interpolate some objects out, or not.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 9, 2013

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

piratepilates posted:

Eh, I thought their commercials making fun of Apple fanboys/girls were pretty funny and spot on.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

I'm really goddamned sick of the pledge drives they do on NPR. No I don't give a poo poo about the Eton Rugged Rukus Bluetooth Music system even if I can hear it playing the music right here in the studio right now! And I don't want to win the trip to see Garrison Keillor! I hate him! I give you guys money every month already. Shut up and stop pestering me for an hour every morning while I'm waking up and eating breakfast and just let me listen to the loving news.
If the Republicans would properly fund public broadcasting like pretty much every other civilized nation they wouldn't have to beg for pocket change twice a month :argh:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SubponticatePoster posted:

If the Republicans would properly fund public broadcasting like pretty much every other civilized nation they wouldn't have to beg for pocket change twice a month :argh:

They'd just do it anyway because hey free money and a culture of giving.

I remember they're playing ads now about how people are so happy with PBS that they put them in their will, which is only a little creepy.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

computer parts posted:

They'd just do it anyway because hey free money and a culture of giving.

Not necessarily. Did you know they actually have programming specifically to fit into the slots when other stations are doing pledge drives? They even announce it as such.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SubponticatePoster posted:

Actually, they do fund it. One of the Koch brothers is one of the largest donors to PBS... and used this to intimidating them into not airing a documentary about him.

Yay charity! :suicide:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

They need to fund it through taxes, not private donations. The republicans have this idea that private donations and charity are a better way of supporting things than through public funding, ostensibly because "there's less overhead" or some poo poo, but really it comes down to "this way I can give my money to support some poor people without any of it going to sluts or negroes." The attitude needs to be completely wiped out for that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
NPR is the best sleep aid known to man.