Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
A

I like Danal a lot. I never had friends when I was a kid and all of the other kids were always avoiding me. It's really nice to have a friend, even if he's a lot younger than me. It's nice to go away and have fun and not worry about being yelled at.

B

... and speaking of being yelled at, I don't want Tudiya to get really mad and maybe beat Jalitha like my father did because there's no Uncle Jorah here to help, so I want to be careful with my friend...

C

... but Danal won't yell at me because he's younger and he's my friend.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
B B G for no particular reason!

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

1. Let him ride on your shoulders because you want to be like an older brother.
2. We're doing something we know we shouldn't be doing, but the wanderlust is strong in us too. Don't forget to pray to El.
3. Aron, who seems to be the youngest of the outsider men in his mid 20s. Get the inside scoop on life in Zepath.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

B B and E

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
E B F

We're sensitive to the ridicule, mistrust, suspicion and general anti-us sentiment from others. We're starting to pick up on the idea that this kid thinks we're a barbarian, an uncivilized, if strong, lout, and now a beast of burden. This isn't the way we want our new and only friendship to go. Want to avoid a sort of Pocahontas thing here, we don't want to be 'on show' when we get to the city as the king's new novelty, the amazing beast boy. So E.

Yeah, we can play games, why not, helps us explore too, there's nothing terribly irresponsible about it if we stick close and play responsibly. Perhaps wandering out further would help us be found by Pagam or something, but we've had no indication that we're being looked for, danger outweighs the possible benefit of wandering off into a potentially dangerous and unknown wilderness. So B.

As for the others, we've already chatted with the King, Danal's with us all the time anyway, same with Jalitha. I figure we probably want to prove ourselves, stand out somewhat from the little kids, and who better to look to than the cool younger adult for inspiration on how to be a young man? So F. He can probably give us some perspective on the place of young adults in the culture too.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

OhYo posted:

2. We're doing something we know we shouldn't be doing, but the wanderlust is strong in us too. Don't forget to pray to El.
3. Aron, who seems to be the youngest of the outsider men in his mid 20s. Get the inside scoop on life in Zepath.

This.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
D,B,G

Even though a purist Boring platform would be: H, C, H. Well, maybe one of the non-piggyback options because we might sprain our back.

3-H has something to be said for it since we are used to being alone and have not had any time alone since the Events.

Random Idiot
Mar 15, 2001
Operation DAGwoods initiated.

I pity anyone who doesn't truly appreciate the value of a good old man story.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

1. A
2. B
3. G

michael knight
Oct 16, 2003

I love pubbies!
D B G

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009
D B G

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Question 1: A. He's our friend, let's make him happy, and it doesn't bother us much.

Question 2: B. Learn from past mistakes, pay attention!

Question 3: D. we've talked to the higher ups, let's see how the lower half lives, maybe something sinister is going down, or maybe it's truly fair, we'll find out from them.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
- Because we really can't do it the other way around. That'd be unfair to a six year old, no matter how freakishly huge he is for his age. :colbert: But really, we should do it because we feel like a big brother.

- Adventure.

- I want to know if Barkof sometimes hears his boss talk in a strange angelic manner.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
E B E We want him to respect us as a friend, not treat us like a toy. And we should probably try to pay attention to what we're doing.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

He's our one and only friend...

...so I want to strike a balance between him being happy and being safe.

We should try to gain some insight into why we can understand the king's speech. Jalitha speaks our native tongue, but she didn't perceive the king speaking any differently, so let's get it straight from the horse's mouth.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

paragon1 posted:

E B E We want him to respect us as a friend, not treat us like a toy. And we should probably try to pay attention to what we're doing.

Sounds good. We are not the prince's plaything.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
- Danal liking us is useful. Having a friend is useful. Carrying him around is also good strength training. Let's get beefy.

- Adventure! Let's see what interesting things wait in the darkness. Maybe a stream for some fish...

- Spend time with Jalitha, who can speak both languages and will be able to teach you the language faster so you can actually talk to other peoople.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1: D
2: B
3: B
^^^ spend all our time with jalitha learning the language.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

BBF

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

its the year 2013, we don't need to keep canuck-errant locked up in a dark room with a copy of excel and a case of red bull

With a one-time contribution of 31.04 CAD, you can provide a needy Canuck-Errant with clean-drinking Havana Club rum. Or, for a weekly pledge of 14.00 CAD, you can provide him with a 4-pack of Big Rock Trad Ale.

Call our toll-free lines now. Operators are standing by. Please, give generously.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
1 D
2 B
3 E

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

We're still 11 and this is some of the best fun we've ever had.

We're going to be more careful after that first experience, except I don't think that should mean always staying close to camp. We just need to remember to leave frequent marks along our path pointing the way back.

Old people are still new and intriguing to us. Plus, this guy has seen a lot and he's likely to speak more candidly than the king.

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
D B F

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
D A G No commentary.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
1:D. Pretending is fun, and I like Danal. Being a hair monster isn't so bad, anyway.

2:A. Even though B is the only option that states we'll be exercising caution, I think we'll still try to be aware of where we're going in the future and I'd like to keep Og exploring the wilderness at night.

3:G. Ish is likely to be an interesting treat considering that he's old. We've never met a really old person so far as I'm aware, so he can try and answer all of our questions related to his graying weirdness.

*edit* Decided to change my vote. Sorry!

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 10, 2013

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CBA

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

OhYo posted:

I like this :unsmith:

2. But definitely still pray to El before heading out.

3. Why's he so gray and wrinkly? What's with all the hair in his ears?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

A Terrible Person posted:

We've never met a really old person so far as I'm aware, so he can try and answer all of our questions related to his graying weirdness.

Diogines posted:

You would count the number of people in your village as "many-lots", but there are 140 people in your village. About a third of the village are children and the rest, adults. There are few elderly people in your village.

We have elders in our village, so we know what one is. We just haven't seen many of them, which honestly, is perfectly reasonable considering the harshness of wresting a living from the sea.

Looks like G is going to win, which is fine with me, as much as I like D. Let's just hope he's one of those talkative old dudes with patience for children and lots of war stories.

EDIT: Or the kind to teach us how to play mumblety-peg. Those are the best old guys.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 9, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

As much as I like Jalitha she's our best bet for learning more language quickly.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

OhYo posted:

Bros for life.

2. Adventuring is still cool and all, but after last night's episode, let's at least know where we're going first.

3. Old guys have the best stories.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
Maybe it's just me, but I don't know a lot of 10-11 year old kids who would choose the unknown old guy when given the choice between a little kid and an old guy. They don't want to hang around little kids (so uncool) all the time, but adults are also uncool unless they're cool, which old guys are not.

A lot of you are picking things that make sense... if you're an adult. We're all out here looking in and thinking ahead, thinking "Yeah, yeah! We don't want to be stereotyped and we need to prepare for the future and we don't want to lock ourselves into a path..."

But really, is a kid who's 10 or 11 going to be thinking like that? Especially one with no exposure to stories about that (thinking of the Pocohantas reference earlier), no formal schooling, logic, etc.? So far we've seen our father beat the poo poo out of our favorite nurse, our Uncle take her away, some mystical ocean stuff, our father shooting lightning and being killed, and strange tall guys out of stories who actually look kind of like us. I don't think we're going to be thoughtfully considering future paths and how to build political alliances.

tarepanda fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 9, 2013

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Especially when we don't speak his language.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. B
2. B
3. B

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

1. G - We've probably got to draw the line somewhere, as anyone would do with a young kid wanting insessant shoulder rides. Also, depending on how spoilt Danal is back home, I'm seeing a possible "Enkidel, you will do as I say - remember when you carried me?, that is your true place, savage" scenario in the future, for some reason.

Plus I still want to cultivate the image of a noble, mysterious savage, as best we can. Which would be hilarious to try pull off while our mums fawning over us.

2. A - Is for Adventure!

3. G - Why does your skin look like that?, are you sick?

Our first real life many-old person!!(from my understanding, that isn't about to soon be eaten in any case), plus possible font of question awnsering knowledge.

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 10, 2013

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1. A

2. B

3. E We're going to be Danal's number 2, we might as well figure out how to do it properly. :colbert:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

B
B
C

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
D, B, A

Tudhalias
Sep 7, 2009

OhYo posted:

B
B
need to learn the lingo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
D -- Games are fun. We didn't get to play too many games back in the olden days.
B -- We learned quickly enough, I think, that we need to be a little more aware. But still adventure.
G -- Have we ever even seen a man that old? Let's talk to him!

Note that you do not have to read:

A lot of you have been pretty spot on in your analysis of the voting patterns happening here. It got so contentious, in my view, because we saw two extreme options. Some were interested in the 'moderate' options, but most were on diametrically-opposed ends of the spectrum: pray to El and stuff, or pray to Asherah and sacrifice little kids and harbor hatred for the King. If the Asherah parts weren't so extreme, it might have been different. Once that became the de facto Asherah option, however, heels got dug in. Now a perception of the philosophy of the Asherah group had been created, one with which the El people couldn't come to terms.

Long story short, we all need to chill the hell out. Vote for whatever poo poo you want to see happen, and explain Og/Enkidel's seemingly arbitrary decision making away by sticking to the "we're an emotionally scarred 11 year-old" reasoning.