Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
Thanks guys! Ya hopefully it gets across to people. So far it's had a good response, and with weirdo-wtf-industrial you never know what to expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I Die: You Die on Volt 9000's latest.

Spoiler alert: they dig it.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I completely unasskissingly love the poo poo out of your poo poo and am p. excited to get back home to listen to Conopoly in a couple of days. Unless I decide to get the Toybox and I have to wait for half a forever for it, that is

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

I...actually kinda like that better than Weapon. :)

W424
Oct 21, 2010
I just finished making a video for Cardinal Noire: Narkomat
The band consist of me and my buddy Protectorate (whom I also do live "stuff" for)
As for influences, we worship golden age Skinny Puppy and kinda aim for mid eighties-early nineties vibe.

Hope you like it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

W424 posted:

The band consist of me and my buddy Protectorate (whom I also do live "stuff" for)
As for influences, we worship golden age Skinny Puppy and kinda aim for mid eighties-early nineties vibe.

Hope you like it.
That was really good. Great name. I think you capture what you're aiming for very well.

Around 2:05 I started doing this:

:parrot:

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Thanks!

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
New FLA track
I think I need to give this a couple more listens.. I dunno guys.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I'd stomp to it, but the music was pretty good without the stupid chorus. I try not to have high expectations for FLA.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

What are you retards talking about, this owns

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

It's definitely a thousand times better than improvised electronic disappointment.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Haha the vocals remind me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4z9PminJpo

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Tom Shear from Assemblage 23 is funding a sideproject via Indiegogo

He was aiming for $2500 and is currently over $7000, with 20 days left.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

What are you retards talking about, this owns
gently caress yes! Let's just go through the FLA checklist:

Silly lyrics: a given.
Slick production: yes!
Sweet melody: yes!
4/4 factor: off the charts!
Leeb shamelessly jumping on a current trend in electronic music: gently caress yes!

Conclusion: OWNS!

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Okay you're right. I'm going to stop being a baby. It owns.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Baby Sathanas posted:

Okay you're right. I'm going to stop being a baby. It owns.
Requesting name change to only Sathanas over here!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You know what makes an amazing new song even better? A fedora.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
edit: ^ Ahahaha.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Tom Shear from Assemblage 23 is funding a sideproject via Indiegogo
Awesome! I guess I have to finally make an indiegogo account. I love Nerve Filter (way more than A23) so another side project sounds great to me. "$100 gets you a 1-hour "ask me anything" Skype conversation with me. (3 available)" ....

This is good! Rofl at ID:UD's "an ohGr album made on a Sega Genesis." Yep, spot on.

W424 posted:

This is awesome, as is Gog-Dis. Is there an album in the works? I get a Front 242 vibe from Protectorate.

Uhoh, they're already calling FLA dubstep. I guess if Skrillex is breakcore, anything is possible. I could do without some of the wobbles, but that's a good track.

Noricae fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 12, 2013

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Noricae posted:

This is awesome, as is Gog-Dis. Is there an album in the works? I get a Front 242 vibe from Protectorate.

Thanks! We are working on a 5 song EP at the moment, but no idea how'll we put it out yet.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
With a fedora video, obviously.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

The jerks from E Nomine who toyed with my heart by not releasing anything for years and years have started a new band Schlafes Bruder ("Brother of Sleep"). They released an album in December and did a music video for E Nomine's last unreleased demo. It's... it's a thing.

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 13, 2013

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Echogenetic excerpts are out :gizz: (different ones here)

Judging by the samples, the album sounds pretty much exactly like what I was hoping for.

gently caress

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

DeusExMachinima posted:

The jerks from E Nomine who toyed with my heart by not releasing anything for years and years have started a new band Schlafes Bruder ("Brother of Sleep"). They released an album in December and did a music video for E Nomine's last unreleased demo. It's... it's a thing.

I've never heard these guys and their music rules, that video is godawful though. So much...sweat and saliva :psyduck:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Glad I could introduce you to them! Dancing in a Halloween club night to Mitternacht was something else. They had some pretty rad live shows as well.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Ms. Happiness posted:

I...actually kinda like that better than Weapon. :)
Yeah the new Skinny Puppy is good, but I suddenly found myself listening to Conopoly more often.

Also, the FLA previews sound great. Makes me excited for my London trip too.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
for those of you who remember this video i shared in this thread a while back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NaxPjA7tYQ

This guy (Author And Punisher) released a new album, "Women And Children", earlier this month. I had a chance to hear it over the weekend. It is really well done and you should all check it out.

e: http://authorandpunisher.bandcamp.com/

spider_ross.avi fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 16, 2013

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!

The Cleaner posted:

As a couple goons might remember, spider_ross.avi and myself make up the band Volt 9000, and our 4th album "CONOPOLY" just came out yesterday on Artoffact Records. It's our first ever label release so I'm gonna spam it here because..

A. Spider_ross and myself met on SA Forums
B. Musicians Lounge goons helped us out alot in the beginning
C. Our last album got mostly positive responses here

Heavily influenced by Ohgr and Skinny Puppy, so while it's a little awkward having it released so closely to Weapon, I think it stands far enough apart in our sound design and direction. You can check out the single/video "Toybox" below if yer curious... otherwise the album is out now on iTunes and Artoffact! Thanks guys.

http://youtu.be/mZ5SXAXdBcs

Fantastic album. Absolutely love the vocal dynamics. Granted your influences are very similar to my own so this totally my cup of tea. Please keep it up I'll be ordering a copy this week.

edit: Bought it

Konstruct fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 18, 2013

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Anyone heard anything about this 'industrial supergroup' Primitive Race?

Apparently it consists of 'Chris Vrenna (tweaker, nin, manson), Luc Van Acker (revco), Raymond Watts (pig, kmfdm), Dave Ogilvie (skinny puppy, call me maybe (really)), Mark Thwaite (revco/ministry), Graham Crabb (pop will eat itself), Erie Loch (idk? ministry/revco remixes?), Chris Kniker (lords of acid) and more!'

They've got a kickstarter (which, to be fair, they've hit) and all. Go to a baseball game with their manager for $100:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-primitive-race-make-limited-edition-merch-while-in-studio

No clips whatsoever so far I think?
https://www.facebook.com/primitiveraceband

Nice to see Watts back making proper music, and that isn't a bad lineup.

Run Dodo Run fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 19, 2013

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I'd be all over that kickstarter if ... I got an album out of it eventually.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

spider_ross.avi posted:

This guy (Author And Punisher) released a new album, "Women And Children", earlier this month. I had a chance to hear it over the weekend. It is really well done and you should all check it out.

e: http://authorandpunisher.bandcamp.com/

There's a full album stream over on metal blog Invisible Oranges. I've only been able to stream it at work, which means plenty of distraction, but it sounds solid and dense just like its precursor.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

teethgrinder posted:

I'd be all over that kickstarter if ... I got an album out of it eventually.

Seriously, why is none of these "when the album comes out, get a CD/download"?

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!

Pope Guilty posted:

Seriously, why is none of these "when the album comes out, get a CD/download"?

It's a kickstarter to sell merch. Not sure if I agree with using kickstarter to manufacture band merch.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Eh why not? It's just kind of counter-intuitive.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
I just wonder why the hell people would want merch for a band that hasn't put out any music yet

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Chris Vrenna! Raymond Watts! That guy from that thing with the stuff!

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

I really did not expect this, so soon after Skinny Puppy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pTIOh0VKoA

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

LingAM is great. I enjoy it way more than the last release he did, which seriously blurred the line between that project and platEAU. It's still a natural progression, more similar to Effector and Fixer than his early sound he had with Eyes of Stanley Pain but still worth hearing.

Also, there's new Phil Western if you're into that sort of thing. Even if your not, you should definitely check out the two albums he did with Mark Spybey. This track is pretty out there but it has its moments.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

Konstruct posted:

edit: Bought it

Thanks man! Glad ya like it.

SacrificialGoat posted:

I just wonder why the hell people would want merch for a band that hasn't put out any music yet

I remember seeing the band Slipknot on the FRONT COVERS of some mainstream music magazines just before their debut album even dropped. It was then I learned that looks, style, aesthetics, clothing, merch, rumors, logos, design, shirts, posters, photos, costumes, credentials, band members, clout, concepts, artwork, and attitude are enough to warrant a solid fan base and heavy media coverage.

You don't always require secondary add-on stuff like music.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

The Cleaner posted:

Thanks man! Glad ya like it.

I remember seeing the band Slipknot on the FRONT COVERS of some mainstream music magazines just before their debut album even dropped.

I doubt that very much. Roadrunner did give a huge promo push for the second album, but hardly anyone outside of Iowa knew who Slipknot was before their first album, or even indeed until they signed with Roadrunner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

chime_on posted:

I doubt that very much. Roadrunner did give a huge promo push for the second album, but hardly anyone outside of Iowa knew who Slipknot was before their first album, or even indeed until they signed with Roadrunner.

Maybe during their demo days, but not only did their video Wait And Bleed have super-heavy rotation (which George Strombolopolis pushed every chance he possibly could) but their first live show in Toronto sold out fast (which I know cause I tried to get tickets and wanted to see what the fuss was about but couldn't). Their first album also went platinum, which was a first for RoadRunner Records. I saw kids wearing Slipknot tshirts about a month after the release.

Maybe Toronto was just alot bigger on metal music at the time? I dunno. Though to be fair, I do realize that they had quite a reputation for putting on crazy live shows in the US which would explain the press and attention I witnessed just before their album hit (which was possibly released late in Canada?)