Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

DrSunshine posted:

Yes! Thank you!!

You know, I think she's making that face because she thinks she tricked him into believing it was half, when she only gave him about a fifth or a sixth of it.

I always wondered about that face. It's such a weird expression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ZeeToo posted:

That doesn't explain it, actually. The titans she used were all behaving abnormally.

She only brought fast ones because those are the ones she had to outrun so the slow ones fell behind

this is a pretty cool comic though, probably the weirdest ff13 homage ever Ryner is Fang Bertholdt is Vanille Eren is Hope Annie is Serah

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 12, 2013

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The monkey is a freaky-looking bastard, even makes the weirdly deformed human titans look normal by comparison.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Gyges posted:

What's going on with Connie there? Is he a potato maniac too?
The Sergeant picked Connie up by the head and screamed at him for saluting on the wrong side, Connie starts vomiting when he is dropped.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

She only brought fast ones because those are the ones she had to outrun so the slow ones fell behind

this is a pretty cool comic though, probably the weirdest ff13 homage ever Ryner is Fang Bertholdt is Vanille Eren is Hope Annie is Serah

So you're saying that not only are Ryner and Bert titans, they're also lesbians? This is a weird comic.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Flavahbeast posted:

It's all been a ruse.

In truth, everyone has been Ocelot since the beginning! :ocelot:

Seriously though, the monkey is so wonky looking. It's weird to say, but it's creepier to me than any other titan so far.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Tender Child Loins posted:

She's making that face because she distracted the drill sergeant long enough to finish the potato :v:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Tender Child Loins posted:

It's supposed to be a sigh of relief because she got over the crisis with minimal casualties and successfully fooled the drill sergeant into thinking she gave him half the potato.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I always figured Sasha's face there was half "oh god that was a good potato" and half "oh god I just ate an entire hot baked potato in one bite, aauuugh"

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

I interpreted it as a "We cool right?" to the drill sergeant.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Superstring posted:

Me too. A "situation successfully defused" sort of face.

But then, I never noticed it wasn't a full half.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Autonomous Monster posted:

Me too. A "situation successfully defused" sort of face.

But then, I never noticed it wasn't a full half.

It wasn't even like half of a half. That's when I knew I found a favorite character though.
Honestly, the face looks like she just relieved herself in her pants. Otherwise, I have to agree with the ""situation successfully defused" sort of face"

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
Looks like Mangastream is now doing translations, the latest issue is up on the site.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Fister Roboto posted:

So you're saying that not only are Ryner and Bert titans, they're also lesbians? This is a weird comic.

well they certainly could be an item

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Superstring posted:

I always thought it was more like "Heh, so this is what you wanted, right?". Like if you had a friend who wanted something from you but was too proud to admit it. You give it to him and feel smug about his behavior and that you figured it out

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

I kinda took this as Reiner reassuring Ymir that nothing untoward was going to happen.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flavahbeast posted:

It kind of makes me wonder whether, when he's crushing after Crista and mentally asking her to marry him already, that's because he's in "human soldier mode". I.e. whether even his sexuality changes depending on whether he's thinking of himself as a titan-transformer infiltrator or as a patriotic human soldier of the Recon Corps.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
I always thought he was just saying it as a hyperbole; That Christa was some angelic that he would want her as a wife.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Flavahbeast posted:

I haven't seen the raw, personally, but if I recall correctly this is a mistranslation, and the line should be attributed to Ymir. The bubble has no little flicky bit pointing at Reiner.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Reiner has a love interest though. :allears:

That could be the most awkward love triangle ever.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Shadow0 posted:

It wasn't even like half of a half. That's when I knew I found a favorite character though.
Honestly, the face looks like she just relieved herself in her pants. Otherwise, I have to agree with the ""situation successfully defused" sort of face"

Doesn't someone else mention that too. I think when she's out running laps.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
It's such a hilarious and complex face. It always seemed to me that it was a whole host of different expressions all combined together. Relief at having successfully navigated a tricky situation, smugness at having outsmarted the drill sargent, amusement at how simple-minded she seems to think he is to have been appeased by a small bit of potato...Sasha really is the best character. "I didn't think this through!" is a great catchphrase.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I just got into this series a bit ago through the anime. After someone showed me the first episode I thought "Whoah that was good, let's watch one more". Next thing I know, it's 2 AM and the only reason I'm not watching episode 9 even without subs is because I was starting to fall asleep for part of episode 8.

So while I waited for more anime, I plowed through the whole manga, then read through it again more slowly to see all the great foreshadowing I'd missed, or skimmed over because I was in a hurry to see what happened after the latest anime episode. I don't know how you guys who have been following the manga since ages ago could take the long waits for so long. But now I can share what my anime-first reactions were.

I also completely believed (for just a little while) that they would kill off Eren for real. When he first got swallowed, I thought it was an awesome scene, but would they honestly stick with it? He'd probably be able to cut his way out or something. It would still be a big deal that he's been crippled so early after it seemed like he was the big hero of the series. It wasn't until Armin had to tell Mikasa about Eren that I fully believed he was dead. I thought then that Mikasa was about to take over as the main protagonist, for about a few minutes until Titan Eren showed up.

I knew it just had to be Eren somehow, even though I had no loving clue how. But I think the anime's linear progression through their training gave me a big hint by showing their hand-to-hand combat training. Instead of guessing Annie's identity later on because of her fighting skills, I picked out Eren the same way. And of course there was the physical resemblance, and the full-on rage to kill Titans resemblance. My theory for a while was that when he was trying to desperately cut his way out of the Titan, he must have accidentally merged somehow with the regeneration system in their neck. And it started regenerating Eren, but regenerating him as a Titan.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
Change of topic here, but remember earlier when we were talking about making a game with the 3D movement gear as a feature? Someone made a Minecraft mod that does just that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNvYk9oWYfw

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's really drat cool.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Time to go make minecraft actually work on my computer again, that looks amazing

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

of bees posted:

Change of topic here, but remember earlier when we were talking about making a game with the 3D movement gear as a feature? Someone made a Minecraft mod that does just that.

I am very impressed by that. Not surprised that it was done in Minecraft, to be fair. Mostly because Minecraft gives ample resources to both create the gear and test it out as well.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

of bees posted:

While that is extremely awesome, am I the only one slightly disappointed that it didn't end with a Minecraft Colossal Titan at the end?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Azzents posted:

I always thought he was just saying it as a hyperbole; That Christa was some angelic that he would want her as a wife.

He meant it the way Maeby Funke did.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

3DMG makes me think of the way Spiderman gets around, only the "webbing" is fired out of the waist in order to free up the hands for using the swords.

Probably the biggest aspect of the 3DMG that doesn't make much sense to me is how the grappling hook cables are aimed. If they're fired out of the waist, how exactly are they aimed with any sort of precision?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

It's a gut feeling

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
It looks like they've got some buttons and triggers on the sword handles. I assume something in there let's them swivel the launchers or something.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Ytlaya posted:

3DMG makes me think of the way Spiderman gets around, only the "webbing" is fired out of the waist in order to free up the hands for using the swords.

Probably the biggest aspect of the 3DMG that doesn't make much sense to me is how the grappling hook cables are aimed. If they're fired out of the waist, how exactly are they aimed with any sort of precision?

It's an anime

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
People gettin' mad about the anime up in that thread, and thinkin' that the final shot of Eren-Titan punching Mikasa was a BAD THING. :allears:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

People gettin' mad about the anime up in that thread, and thinkin' that the final shot of Eren-Titan punching Mikasa was a BAD THING. :allears:
Everything is over. Eren was eaten. I hate Armin! Mikasa is dead and/or a jerk. I'm done with this!! :rant:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 16, 2013

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
edit: nevermind, wrong antecedent.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 16, 2013

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I think my only complaint about this manga is that when Eren brought out the Defensive form to save Armin and Mikasa, I hoped it meant that his transformation changed based on what he needed it for at the moment. So he'd have his Berserker Rage form for straight fighting, and then his defensive form for protecting/protecting others. Maybe a speed form for when he gotta go fast. But instead it's just always the same form, which felt sorta lame to me.

Especially since when trying to 'display' it to the scouting legion he specifically says 'well, it happens when I hurt myself while thinking about something I have to do', followed by just one arm hulking out to grab a fork.

Maybe it does work like that, and Eren just always 'needs' the Berserker form, because he's a rage head.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

KittyEmpress posted:

I think my only complaint about this manga is that when Eren brought out the Defensive form to save Armin and Mikasa, I hoped it meant that his transformation changed based on what he needed it for at the moment. So he'd have his Berserker Rage form for straight fighting, and then his defensive form for protecting/protecting others. Maybe a speed form for when he gotta go fast. But instead it's just always the same form, which felt sorta lame to me.

Especially since when trying to 'display' it to the scouting legion he specifically says 'well, it happens when I hurt myself while thinking about something I have to do', followed by just one arm hulking out to grab a fork.

Maybe it does work like that, and Eren just always 'needs' the Berserker form, because he's a rage head.

Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt, all of whom have much more experience with their titan forms than Eren, have only ever demonstrated one titan form each, so why should Eren be more versatile than them?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

JosephWongKS posted:

Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt, all of whom have much more experience with their titan forms than Eren, have only ever demonstrated one titan form each, so why should Eren be more versatile than them?

Because it seemed to be what was hinted at during the beginning of the manga? At least to my eyes it did, what with the talking about him doing it and thinking of a task, and having the form come to complete it.

Not even taking the rest of the manga into consideration, or any of the other human titans, it seemed like something that would be more interesting. Then again, I find his titan design to be one of the most boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He's just a giant naked white elf guy with a weird jaw.

Half the time he roars I expect it to go into Herbal Essence slow-moan.