Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

BlazinLow305 posted:

They are freaking out in the baby thread just because someone accidentally referred to the White Walkers as Others like it's a major spoiler.

:edited to be more concise

I can't even keep up with it anymore. I skim a page in 3-5 minutes at which point I'm so bored/tired/angered by their stupidity, I have to go do something else. Also I just got a job, so there's that.

Edit: and I win the thread, right? 666 fellas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

syscall girl posted:

Yes but how was the fire crackling? And was anyone aroused?

This is rubbish and you ought to know better.

The fired crackled in an aroused manner, the GURM's fat pink mast rising as the flames rose. "Dark wings, dark words are wind," came a voice from the shadows startling GURM. He turned and strained his eyes, attempting to pierce the veil of darkness. He squeaked, "W-w-who's there?" The cloaked figure emerged, his steps making no sound on the unclean, poo poo-covered floor. "It is only I, George." GURM relaxed, realizing it was Ty. "You scared me, Ty! I was trying to write," the GURM grumbled. "That's a mummer's farce, George." Ty's laughter was hollow as the sausage left his hand. Its beauty aroused him even more, a golden sausage on an amber field; and it was cold and tasty and good

Oberst fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 12, 2013

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

When do we find out that Ty is GRRM's bastard?

kcroy posted:

The myrish swamp, Darkstar, and "Fire and Blood" are like, the only good parts of AFFC, no idea what you are talking about.
Realtalk, Jaime's AFFC chapters are some of my favorites in the series, and even Cersei's descent into madness was hilarious on a reread. ADWD really made me appreciate it I guess :unsmith:

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The seventh book being a 'meanwhile in sothoros' concurrent to the events of the AGOT could be the ultimate trope subversion.

Gram Royce suddenly felt the violent and icy death of his long lost brother through his latent twinshifting. Quickly he ran through the steamy, lurid, sultry jungle, nearly choking on the humid air. He had to tell Saemter Xaron that the man's calculations were true.

The village was mostly empty as he passed, thatched huts normally full of dusky, caramel folk now off at the mines and crafthouses. Truly Father Xho and the three strange priests from the darkest east had been right all along. A world away, the Ice was indeed coming!

Gradually the sounds of a great, shuffling, heaving, groaning beast of a work force surrounded him and the jungle cleared out into the great tiered plazas of Southerton. Here and there, tawny hues of nubile young lads and lasses greeted him, ceaselessly chipping away at black rock, red wood, and gray stone. Their preparations would be worthwhile after all, if the old books the Saemter had found were true. These dragonarms would suit them well.

Soon the palace rose before him, twisting spires betraying the simplicities of its prince. Gram swallowed hard and shook off the cool shiver he felt. A statue of the great leader Xho stood outside the gates, wrought in magnificent black glass. It might just be possible, he thought. For who to better defeat White Walkers than Black ones?

e: could have just sent a dove, I guess. Also, something was glistening.

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 12, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The mods are asleep. Post deviantart GoT/My Little Pony slashfic.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Hail Satan

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
As the gurm writes, but he was no gurm.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
They left the talking weirwood door out of the show.

Jesus wept.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Come on, guys. Obviously we have to get to page 7,777,777 to honour the Seven. Don't stop now, we've come this far. We must go on.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The mods are asleep. Post deviantart GoT/My Little Pony slashfic.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Seriously though, DMP. Close the loving thread. This NEEDS to end on page 666.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Come on, guys. Obviously we have to get to page 7,777,777 to honour the Seven. Don't stop now, we've come this far. We must go on.

Relax, you have plenty of time before the next book comes out.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

Best accompanied by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H3UiwU1N5I

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Haha. Good job proving that article's point you crackbrained twit.

This thread once had Winnie The Pooh slashfic.

Yes, you read that right.

You can't do anything to this thread that the thread hasn't already done to itself.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Are we having a real fight? How exciting!

Like neeps on a nuncle!

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Where is the Thread That Was Promised?

This is the thread of Belwas and Darkstar.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Words are wind.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Friendship is coming!!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Bad Thread takes on the shape of the content GRRM provides. He only gives poo poo, thus we are poo poo.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Can we make a new thread now? We've grown twice as bitter since the new one started.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

elmer fud posted:

Can we make a new thread now?

No! Never give up, never surrender!

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Here have this poo poo.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 12, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My shameful boner is fueled by misery, and my misery is fueled by shameful boners.

I am become pear shaped. My dark nipples feed the mewling babes of TVIV with rum-laced milk and sticky princes.

And none shall know if it is I inside them, or them inside of me.

Nuncle! Nuncle! GRRM'N Phtag'n!

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Holy poo poo, i just died

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Hodor hodor. HODOR! Hodorhodorhodor.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This thread must needs be forsaken lest its pages shall number seven and sixty and six hundred.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

A large office, for a large man. Filled with smoke, the air circles lazily as the ceiling fan whispers away through eternity. I sit at the lone desk, feet up, lights off, blinds closed. The only illumination leaks through the slats of the blinds, cutting solid blades of white fire through the room.

The door opens, the words painted on the frosted glass turning around so I can read them. “Clegane & Co. Licenced Killers”

My name is Gregor Clegane, and this is my office. I’m a murderer for hire, a tough guy, a heavy. People come to me with their problems, and I help out. When I was made a knight a long time ago, I took an oath. To care. To aid. To serve. Just because I don’t wear the armor anymore, doesn’t mean I’m not still a knight.

The woman walks in, legs the length of the Gold Road, and just as gorgeous. Her hair, black and curly, shimmering like a Myreenese swamp, framing her face just so, and she stops within the threshold.

“Are you Clegane?” Her voice murmurs across the air to me, a throaty rush that catches hold of my heart and brings it to a quickness.

“THAT ME” I reply, cool as ice.

“I have a job for you, mister. My old gambling partner ran off to Storm’s End with the haul we earned in King’s Landing. I need you find him and get him.”

“ME CAN KILL GOOD”

She smiles, and the sadness in that smile is enough to break my heart into a thousand pieces. “No, I need him alive. I want to ask him why he did it.”

“ME KNOW GUY, RAFF, HIM GOOD MAKING MEN TALK” I stand up and cross the room to stand within an inch of her. I was right. She smells as good as she looks. Like vanilla blossoming on a warm spring day.

“YOU PAY ME”

She looks startled, as if the thought of compensating me for the work I was to do had just slipped her mind. Women can be funny like that. Especially when they’re gorgeous like that.

“Of course, Clegane. I’ll give you one of every four stags in the haul.”

Firmly, “NO YOU PAY NOW”

I grab her around the waist, pulling her to me, and I’m amazed. She tastes like vanilla, too. Her lips press to mine, her breath turning hot and loud against my cheek. She pulls back and stares at me, questioning.

“OF ALL GIN JOINTS IN LANNISPORT, YOU WALK INTO MINE”

Another question rises to her lips, but I silence them with a violent blow to the face.

“HERE LOOKING AT YOU SWEET HEART”

She starts to scream, but I crush the breath in her throat before more than a squeak gets out. Throwing her to the ground, I grab the filing cabinet, swinging it one-handed above my head. I bring it down, once, twice, a third time. Her ribs snap, blood bursting from her mouth with each impact. I casually toss the cabinet to the side, kicking her bodily onto the couch, leaving her to die.

I grab my tabard and my cap, shrugging into them. Time to go find her guy and their fortune. I open the door, and turn back to her. There’s a small glimmer of conciousness left in her beautiful green eyes, and with a note of sorrow, I have to let her know what this departure means to me.

“AT LEAST WE ALWAYS HAVE PARRIS”

I close the door, and walk away.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Contra Calculus posted:

Almost at 666 you shitdicks. One of you better have a new OP ready because this poo poo better stay at 666 loving pages.

I don't think it's a good idea.

Contra Calculus posted:

Seriously though, DMP. Close the loving thread. This NEEDS to end on page 666.

LooseChanj and I have a very...delicate relationship that I am not ready to throw away because I think a thread should stay at a certain number of pages. LooseChanj will close the thread when he thinks it is time to change it up.

I just ask the OP of the new thread to call it "ASOIAF" instead of just "ADWD" when that happens.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

whowhatwhere posted:

You're adorable, thinking that this thread is going to end on an appropriate note.

This thread will end when they force a mod on it, who will try and enforce their will, will fail and gas it. it's part of the cycle.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Contra Calculus posted:

Surprise sex with Jaime and Pooh

The terrible thing is it's coming from outside the paywall. Someone archived that because reasons.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Dead Man Posting posted:

I don't think it's a good idea.

LooseChanj and I have a very...delicate relationship that I am not ready to throw away because I think a thread should stay at a certain number of pages. LooseChanj will close the thread when he thinks it is time to change it up.

I just ask the OP of the new thread to call it "ASOIAF" instead of just "ADWD" when that happens.

But it's so appropriate...

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

kcroy posted:

This thread will end when they force a mod on it, who will try and enforce their will, will fail and gas it. it's part of the cycle.

Pretty much this, and the mod team is content on where this thread is right now and I rather not "rock the boat" speaking of how bout that Dany not taking a loving boat to Westeros?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elmer fud posted:

Can we make a new thread now? We've grown twice as bitter since the new one started.

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention. :getin:

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

Fly Molo posted:

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention. :getin:

What is this a reference to? Some show-watcher filth?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hail Satan, I guess. Let the Grum at least finish TWOW so we've only one book left when he finally goes to hell and HBO finish the series with a bullshit ending.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The Mutato posted:

What is this a reference to? Some show-watcher filth?

WHOA WHOA, don't use such language here! At least throw a trigger warning first, my god.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
It all ends in a sputtering fountain, we know this. The Children and their trees, the references to bowls of brown, the meta-nod of shitdick and the blatant reference with Dany's impromptu jet propulsion experiments.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
This is the best page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Quoting because hail satan