Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
We might not have time to go grab a spear and then run over to protect Danal. Besides, maybe the tooth has some protective or destructive magics we can end up using.

Protect Danal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

maxhush posted:

E and M

Finally!, our chance to be a hero!! - We can shoot some lightning just like Dad and the heroes in our stories did!!!

Cut our hand and try to shoot lightning at the beast. Do exactly what we saw Dad do.

This is what I wanted to do...screw it. I switch my vote to this.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
A spear is what we know best, and it will give us longer range. You don't go up close vs monsters when you're weak. Using the tooth would be like punching the monster in terms of range. We also DO NOT KNOW the ritual Fishpriest used for lightning. AT MOST we can do a divining ritual.

quote:

"We cut our hand and perform a ritual we hope summons the lightning. Unfortunately, we were lazy fucks and only learned some of the rituals that dad taught us. The one we perform is sadly a weather prediction ritual.

You are eaten by a lizard. As you see it chew on your mother and Danal, faint words come to you...

The weather is clear and bright tomorrow, with a light summer shower predicted during the evening. Some storm clouds may be seen at night"

We should protect both our mother and Danal. Tell our mother "HUG DANAL" as we go for the spear. That way, Danal won't run off to get involved and we can protect them both.

1.A
2. D/E

Lanky Coconut Tree fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 12, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Task Manager posted:

C, M

Realistically, we're not doing any damage to that thing with a sword or spear with our untrained 11 year old arms. Neither looks especially intimidating either.

Grab a big flaming stick and wave it around in a threatening manner while protecting Jalitha and Danal, as described by SerSpook.

C, M

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
It's already in our hands, and it might have magical properties.
because Danal.

XOXO
Mar 8, 2013

Ask me about being weaker than a 60 year-old British woman.

I want to think that if I were resting in the woods one day, and a HUGE loving MONSTER showed up, I'd be paralyzed with fear too.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

SerSpook posted:

We grab a spear our giant shark's tooth (we have more experience with spears shark teeth) and stand in front of Jalitha. However, we will also call Danal over to protect him, or to help protect Jalitha as well if he so wishes. We can reverse this and call Jalitha while protecting Danal if he is too frightened to come.
This.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
B and C

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

You are eaten by a lizard. As you see it chew on your mother and Danal, faint words come to you...

Oh that's right, every Asherah related option can only result in instadeath, my bad.

We saw our Dad do it, so to us it can't seem that hard right?, just do everything he did.

Besides, the fights probably going to be over by the time we grab a spear, these guys are dragonslayers after all. It's obvious they don't take us seriously, we'll just get laughed at by Barkof and co again for trying to be a hero.

e: Seriously though, we should do something major, for better or worse, to distinguish ourselves. Otherwise we'll end up in some lovely fishermans hut getting mad at poor Jalitha beacuse "I'm not a fisherman mum!, I'm a hero!!!"

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 12, 2013

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

SerSpook posted:

We grab a spear (we have more experience with spears) and stand in front of Jalitha. However, we will also call Danal over to protect him, or to help protect Jalitha as well if he so wishes. We can reverse this and call Jalitha while protecting Danal if he is too frightened to come.

Also

Scream at Tyudia "Tell it to stand still like the deer you jellyfish!!"

Also voting we Lighten the gently caress up and stop metagaming everything to the lowest possible risk. We're choosing our own life as boring as real life here. The heavens will clash without us if we keep this up.

edit: Changed my vote below

Outrail fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jun 12, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How is standing your ground the lowest possible risk? It is certainly lower risk than charging at the monster but it's much more risky than hiding with the women. It's a decent amount of risk.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream

Outrail posted:

The heavens will clash without us if we keep this up.

I laughed water out my nose.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

SerSpook posted:

We grab a spear the tooth (it might be magic) and stand in front of Jalitha. However, we will also call Danal over to protect him, or to help protect Jalitha as well if he so wishes. We can reverse this and call Jalitha while protecting Danal if he is too frightened to come.

I like E M too.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
a, c

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
E for toothy justice! Also M for calling Danal over while we stand in front of Janal.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
A, E

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
E,K then start running away.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

A spear is what we know best, and it will give us longer range. You don't go up close vs monsters when you're weak. Using the tooth would be like punching the monster in terms of range. We also DO NOT KNOW the ritual Fishpriest used for lightning. AT MOST we can do a divining ritual.

We should protect both our mother and Danal. Tell our mother "HUG DANAL" as we go for the spear. That way, Danal won't run off to get involved and we can protect them both.

1.A
2. D/E

Oh for fucks sake. If we stand in place and jerk off the giant magic kings will waste this dinosaur anyway. Us grabbing a spear won't do poo poo. If we shoot lightning it's rad as hell, but if we fail and nothing happens nobody will even notice. I swear you guys are no fun at all.

Tudhalias
Sep 7, 2009
C, and M per SerSpook's plan.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

andrew smash posted:

Oh for fucks sake. If we stand in place and jerk off the giant magic kings will waste this dinosaur anyway. Us grabbing a spear won't do poo poo. If we shoot lightning it's rad as hell, but if we fail and nothing happens nobody will even notice. I swear you guys are no fun at all.

I sort of imagine anything we do here is going to be ultimately impotent, what's really at stake is the impression we make on the dino-slayers. Although I'll be pretty entertained if the E votes win, I figure we'll make a pretty decent impression if we appear to have been willing to stand our ground with a spear. Maybe not so much if we're standing around cutting ourself with a tooth.

I mean, it's also possible we'd lightning the dinosaur, or maybe turn it away if it recognizes a symbol of Asherah, or something improbable but awesome. Of course, it's also possible that the impression we make in that eventuality will be a pretty bad one upon King El and his angelic cohorts.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Task Manager posted:

C, M

Realistically, we're not doing any damage to that thing with a sword or spear with our untrained 11 year old arms. Neither looks especially intimidating either.

Grab a big flaming stick and wave it around in a threatening manner while protecting Jalitha and Danal, as described by SerSpook.

Sounds good. Most animals dislike fire, so that should be enough to keep it pointed at the warriors rather than the smallest and tastiest members of the group.

C, M

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

andrew smash posted:

Then put your money where your mouth is and go the full monty with me by killing the god-king.

Changing my vote to nope and nope

E: Reverting back to my orignal SerSpook vote.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 12, 2013

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
A, H. I get the whole 'use lightning' deal is a cool idea, but we have killed a lot of crap with spears before. Like, we are an accomplished spear fisherman. Why the hell we aren't going to throw spears at this sumbitch, I don't know.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Then put your money where your mouth is and go the full monty with me by killing the god-king.

Changing my vote to and

We have no reason to expect it will do anything to him even if the tooth works so why would we bother?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Heh, what a boring safe vote. Stop being so boring and have some fun in this game, Mr. Safety Safe :smug:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

His armor hasn't magically repaired as far as we know it. This is probably the best distraction we could get.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Raserys posted:

Heh, what a boring safe vote. Stop being so boring and have some fun in this game, Mr. Safety Safe :smug:

Growing up to become an awesome dude first requires growing up.

Hot Yellow KoolAid
Aug 17, 2012

and then

+

Lets not get caught up with the stupid warrior bullshit right now. We are rolling with a crew of experienced fighters, one of which is apparently a demigod. Lets let the adults do the fighting. we can still be heroic by ushering our mother and best friend to safety. We shouldn't gently caress with any weapons, just get our two loved ones out ASAP. Tudya will appreciate someone looking out for his son in a crisis like this.

As far as the plan of attack, I would run to mom first and grab her hand. Then run towards Danal while calling his name, and once the three of us are together we run and hide behind a nearby rock/tree.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Guys.

Are you seriously going to make this into personal arguments here? Because I can think of no better way to run this CYOA into the ground than to turn voting over options into personal vendettas and bickering over how such-and-such group of voters are terrible because of the votes they're making.

At least try and keep this poo poo civil. There's no loving need to descend to insult, alright? You can just loving say "Why don't we take some risks here?" instead of "you guys never take any risks" and there goes half the tension, gone, it's not argumentative, it's not Team Us versus Team Them, it's just 'hey think about this' and everyone actually thinking about the option instead of jerking at the knee because you went in fists raised and swinging. We're all adults here, there's no reason we can't all be civil.

Except for Brian, that guy's always been a dick.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A
2. M - Stand in front of and protect Jalitha and Danal

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
A and H seems like a good compromise to me. We can claim some credit when the grown men actually kill it.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

A and C

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

SerSpook posted:

We grab a spear (we have more experience with spears) and stand in front of Jalitha. However, we will also call Danal over to protect him, or to help protect Jalitha as well if he so wishes. We can reverse this and call Jalitha while protecting Danal if he is too frightened to come.

do this

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Canuck-Errant posted:

Are you seriously going to make this into personal arguments here? Because I can think of no better way to run this CYOA into the ground than to turn voting over options into personal vendettas and bickering over how such-and-such group of voters are terrible because of the votes they're making.

This

Also, plan Ser Spook, but with the tooth - EM

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

E - M

Lightning time!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

RandomPauI posted:

How is standing your ground the lowest possible risk? It is certainly lower risk than charging at the monster but it's much more risky than hiding with the women. It's a decent amount of risk.

Not that, standing our ground is fine. I'm talking generally about the micro-meta-gaming refusal to take risks with regards to doing anything fun.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

EM

Attempt the lightning ritual as best we know it.

HBar fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 12, 2013

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Outrail posted:

Not that, standing our ground is fine. I'm talking generally about the micro-meta-gaming refusal to take risks with regards to doing anything fun.

Defending your friend is pretty fun. And it's also something we as an 11 year old could actually do. I don't think we should be trying anything like stabbing this monster because in all likelihood it'll end up that one of the warriors will have to haul our rear end out of trouble. We rush into things thinking 'WE'RE HELPING' but might just gently caress up and be a major burden, that's not very useful.

And my point about stabbing the monster with your tooth is simple, it's not very big. And we're a kid. It's like a pen knife really, any real damage that we could possibly do relies on our strength. Whereas with a spear, you could do more damage if the monster falls on it. Physics.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Changed my vote

Strong offense is a strong defense of whom we love. Attempt lightning ritual, let's fry this fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
C + M, SerSpook's plan