Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

SerSpook posted:

We grab a spear (we have more experience with spears) and stand in front of Jalitha. However, we will also call Danal over to protect him, or to help protect Jalitha as well if he so wishes. We can reverse this and call Jalitha while protecting Danal if he is too frightened to come.

+1 for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absum
May 28, 2013

SerSpook posted:

We grab a spear (we have more experience with spears) and stand in front of Jalitha. However, we will also call Danal over to protect him, or to help protect Jalitha as well if he so wishes. We can reverse this and call Jalitha while protecting Danal if he is too frightened to come.

Going with this. Attacking with the tooth sounds fun as well but I just don't think that's something we'd do right now (attacking a scary monster so suddenly I mean).

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

EE Stand our ground with the tooth but don't attack, the guys know what they're doing and our mother can protect herself, Danal, on the other hand, hasn't shown great judgement so far and proably needs keeping an eye on.

Changed my vote to DM.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 12, 2013

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009

Plan SerSpook, but with fire.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Copacabana
Apr 6, 2010

There was blood and a single gunshot, but just who shot who?
E E that tooth is sharp!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
OPTION A: Yes! I grab a spear from the back of one of the donkeys!

OPTION H: You want to be a hero. You attack the monster along with the other men, but try to keep your distance as best you can and look for easy blows. You have no training in hunting, let alone in slaying giant monsters and have absolutely no idea what you are doing, but perhaps bravery or luck may make up for that!

El will see us through this!

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
C + M

Grab a torch and try to scare/lure the monster away from the group. At the very least that should give our god-warrior companions an opportunity to strike.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

SerSpook posted:

Voting this.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

C + M

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
E + E

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013

SerSpook posted:

Going with this as well. The benefit of a spear is that it will give us a bit of distance between us and any attacker. It is probably more user friendly than the tooth as well. However if the spear breaks we will still have the tooth to fall back on.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Vote Boring! Vote Often!

(I secretly suspect that the flaming stick will attract the monster, or that there is a good chance of that.)

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I told y'all there was something in the woods. :smug:

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 12, 2013

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Have all you guys choosing spear and protecting Danal/Jalitha actually looked at the picture of that thing?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea per se (better than nothing); however, if somehow the king and his Mighty Men(tm) can't stop it from getting at us, I don't see what an eleven year old boy is going to be able to do with a spear against that thing. It'll chomp us in half and go all land-Asherah on us in a heartbeat.

I just think to have a chance against it, we either have to go with the divine (shark tooth, pray) or actively try and scare it away (flaming stick). A spear does neither of those right now (unless you're voting to attack it directly; in that case yeah go with the spear you crazy bastards).

Just my two cents.

Sogol posted:

Vote Boring! Vote Often!

(I secretly suspect that the flaming stick will attract the monster, or that there is a good chance of that.)

I've got to be honest - I'm kind of hoping that happens as well. :ssh:

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 12, 2013

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

The king is an honest to El dragon slayer. I don't think we seriously have to worry about them being unable to kill this thing. And we have our tooth with us already, no reason not to get the spear too.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Whereas I kind of came to a different conclusion, while thinking along the same lines - the king and his Men likely will take care of this thing, and we do already have the tooth (a makeshift weapon if poo poo hits the fan) - so why get a spear when it's likely to be redundant/not really help if it does come down to a fight?

Tooth or spear, if it comes to an actual physical fight between us and that thing odds are we're going down. At least with fire there's a better chance of scaring it. If it doesn't scare it, and actually attracts it - well, at least we'll have more interesting options to choose from next time, right?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Task Manager posted:

Whereas I kind of came to a different conclusion, while thinking along the same lines - the king and his Men likely will take care of this thing, and we do already have the tooth (a makeshift weapon if poo poo hits the fan) - so why get a spear when it's likely to be redundant/not really help if it does come down to a fight?

Tooth or spear, if it comes to an actual physical fight between us and that thing odds are we're going down. At least with fire there's a better chance of scaring it. If it doesn't scare it, and actually attracts it - well, at least we'll have more interesting options to choose from next time, right?

It showed up after we lit the fire, might be that the fire attracted it.

Also every hero needs a weapon, a spear is a good one to start with.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
It seems more likely it's attracted to the delicious smell of meat.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Just realized something. Look at that things back, it was clearly designed for a saddle.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Ok, I have a better idea. Let's turn the other cheek on this majestic beast.

D - There's no time to dilly dally!
M - Grab some meat from the fire and rush to the beast before Tudiya and his men can get there. Without making eye contact offer the great lizard some delicious venison.

A giant lizard is cooler than a dog. Let's make a new friend.

(Changing my vote to this, if it wasn't clear)

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

SerSpook posted:

Another for the SerSpook plan.

Random Idiot
Mar 15, 2001
E/M M vote for plan lightning ritual.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
I'm with SerSpook.

Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
How do you like your lawn? Broiled or charred?
Ramrod XTreme
1. E
2. H

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

SerSpook posted:

Pray to El first! "You are great, I am small. Guide my hands. Protect our lives"

It takes courage to hold the fort, watch the boat and keep loved ones safe. A and SerSpook's M. Soon we will see which is more dangerous: an abomination or a tribal high-priest.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

SerSpook posted:

Same here. I think right now our intent is more important than what we can actually do. So let's strive to be a cool dude who protects women and children, even if we can't be super effective at it.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Tsyni posted:

M - Grab some meat from the fire and rush to the beast before Tudiya and his men can get there. Without making eye contact offer the great lizard some delicious venison.

This. If we're gonna choose our own personal assistant to the king, lets at least get a bitchin' mount out of the deal.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
D & I. We can't be both pussy yes men or brave adventurers, I'm trying to stay consistent here. :colbert:

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

SerSpook posted:

I cast my vote for this

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Same here. I think right now our intent is more important than what we can actually do. So let's strive to be a cool dude who protects women and children, even if we can't be super effective at it.

Ditto on the intent here. Whatever we do and say is going to have consequences on the king's decision for our future lives.

That is one big scary monster, but we are a pretty tough kid. We took a lot of beatings. Hell, we were already a tough 4 year old. We were able to stop crying long enough to get help for Jalitha, after all. This child has HERO'S BLOOD running in his veins.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 12, 2013

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

SerSpook posted:

Edited my last post, changing back to this since king killing is a no go this round.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Tsyni posted:

This here is some seriously heroic latteral thinking. Voting this.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

E/M. It's peanutbutter lightning time.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Tsyni posted:

Changing my vote to this :haw:

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
A and H you sissies. We are going to become the biggest wimp in Zepath.

Just grab as many spears as we can and throw them at the thing.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Tsyni posted:

This is a cool idea, I vote for this.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Tsyni posted:

This is really quite a lot to assume a large wild lizard's ability to distinguish between offered meat and us. Perhaps it prefers live prey? It will be an interesting zoological experiment if it wins.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Tsyni posted:

Hell yes, changing my vote to this as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Going to jump on the E, E bandwagon. Protecting Danal is the best way to prove our mettle in this situation.