Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My favorite fish is dolphin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

Yea catfish is very good. Its a fish for people who don't like fish. Not very oily, not a very fishy taste but very flaky. Its also relatively enviromentally friendly because they can be farmed on worthless land in dirty water and fed trash.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Monkfish is the best fish, sorry poor people if you've never experienced it. Also in spanish it's called "rape" which is really off putting to english speakers at most restaurants in Spain.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
Butterfish.
There is no fish greater than Butterfish.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT

omnibobb posted:

Catfish rule everything around me

I never knew there were goons living at the bottom of lakes. Truly, these are tough times.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Last night I met a dude with Disaronno and Frangelico in his bar.

Now any respectable booze hound will have rum, vodka, gin, tequila, whisky, etc., in their bar. Maybe some triple sec, Bailey's, schnapps, kahlua, and absinthe. But you're officially a pro-level booze guy when you have those two on hand. All I've ever seen those bottles do is gather that weird sugary crust crystal around the cap. Never actually used in a drink in someone's home.

I agree wholeheartedly with John Waters that you shouldn't gently caress people who don't have books in their house. But I'll add you should definitely gently caress people with a bar so well stocked they have Disaronno and Frangelico.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Well, did you gently caress him?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Francostein posted:

Well, did you gently caress him?

He had Disaronno and Frangelico.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Did his penis, or any other penis-like body parts of his, consensually enter any orifices of yours?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Francostein posted:

any other penis-like body parts of his

He's not an anime.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What a useless person then.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have a half empty bottle of Yoohoo fermenting in the back of my fridge. Where does that put me on the beverages vs. coitus scale?

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

NienNunb posted:

I have a half empty bottle of Yoohoo fermenting in the back of my fridge. Where does that put me on the beverages vs. coitus scale?

The scale directly correlates, so there's no need to guess. What I'm saying is, you can easily get laid by a hobo who smells like fermenting Yoohoo.

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT
For some reason, at least one family member always gets me whisky for Christmas, so my stock consists of 1/3 bottle of Jack Daniels, a full and unopened bottle of Chivas Regal and a few minatures.

I don't drink a lot at home and half the time I never have anything to mix it with, so those bottles sit around for years. Now I've thought of it, I might hit the local shop this evening and buy some Coke so I can finish off the JD.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Disaronno, Frangelico, and Midori are all I even have in my house. What I'm saying, A GLISTENING HODOR, is come over for a loving weird mixed drink sometime. Amaretto & Mt. Dew. :cheers:

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

What if my bar contains Benedictine and Drambuie?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Drink and Fight posted:

What if my bar contains Benedictine and Drambuie?

You are a girl, it's different.

Also for his 21st b-day my bbf was given one of those "1001 Cocktails" books and being both weird and a lover of science he set about making and drinking every one. Clearly about 3/4 of the book was totally made up filler but the result was that, over the 5-7 years I lived with him, our communal bar averaged around 30-50 bottles, often mostly weird poo poo he needed for a few random drinks.

Moving was awful, deciding what bottle with like a finger of booze left in it should be finished off and which must be hoarded.

Illegibly Eligible
Jul 21, 2009
My bar contains one half-empty bottle of Bacardi Oakheart I received as a gift last month. Luckily I don't care too much for dark rum as it hates my stomach. I've found that working from home with a well-stocked bar results in too much drinking from home to be productive. Besides, here in Wisconsin there's almost always a bar within 20 minutes driving distance that has an "all you can drink" special for anywhere from $8-$15. Even the lovely dive bars around here have Diso, and most places have Frangelico/Midori too... Goldschlager is one of the "rare" alcohols around here, only being stocked by roughly 1 in 4 bars despite being a necessary ingredient in a "packer backer." For those curious, that's an absinthe and Goldschlager shot. Or a bomb if you add Mt. Dew. Some places will substitute other green alcohols if their absinthe is clear.

Tripping balls and want to eat something but aren't actually hungry and are nervous about upsetting your stomach? Pop-Ice is the answer. Or freeze pops. Whatever... the frozen kool-aid in elongated plastic bags, so long as they aren't the lovely ones that taste like artificial sweetener or turn into gross syrup when you leave them in the freezer too long.

A local bar is throwing me a half-barrel birthday party on Wednesday. Last year it ended up being me and only two other people (one of whom was the bartender) finishing almost the entire thing due to everyone else cancelling at the last minute or just making a token appearance to wish me well then taking off. I guess nobody wants to get ridiculously beerdrunk when they have to work or go to family functions in the morning.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I don't drink much, so all I have is a half-bottle of cuervo gold, a mostly full bottle of raspberry vodka, and like 1/4 of bacardi. This will probably last me a year or so because wtf do I do with this? :iiam:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sounds like a really nice place! I work for Anheuser-Busch and drive around to 120 or so different bars in a month; I can think of maybe 3 that would show that kind of love to a customer. Those hometown pubs with karaoke every thursday and "The best burger/wings in town!" are my favorites.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

UglyDucklett posted:

Sounds like a really nice place! I work for Anheuser-Busch and drive around to 120 or so different bars in a month; I can think of maybe 3 that would show that kind of love to a customer. Those hometown pubs with karaoke every thursday and "The best burger/wings in town!" are my favorites.

There are like three bars in Green Bay that let you sign up for whatever day and give you a keg of really lovely beer. I drank like two pitchers of I don't even know what at this lovely dive bar over by the paper mills because we went there on a whim and some dude was like 'jesus christ help me drink this keg, everybody else bailed.'

Gotta admit, I wish we had double bubble or triple cripple down here in Georgia. Kinda miss that. Also homemade apple pie shots.

e: and the gay dance club in Green Bay gives you a whole bottle of pink Andre on your birthday and don't bat an eye when you tell them you don't need any glasses.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

UglyDucklett posted:

Disaronno, Frangelico, and Midori are all I even have in my house. What I'm saying, A GLISTENING HODOR, is come over for a loving weird mixed drink sometime. Amaretto & Mt. Dew. :cheers:

Baby, throw in some chocolate syrup and grenadine and you've got a date.

:cheers:

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

i've got some ribena and absinthe if that entices anyone

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
I've got st-germain.

Text me.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I don't drink but I can drive you guys home if you need it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Chinese buffets kick all kinds of rear end when you're hung over or blazed.

Illegibly Eligible
Jul 21, 2009

Skinny King Pimp posted:

There are like three bars in Green Bay that let you sign up for whatever day and give you a keg of really lovely beer. I drank like two pitchers of I don't even know what at this lovely dive bar over by the paper mills because we went there on a whim and some dude was like 'jesus christ help me drink this keg, everybody else bailed.'

How long ago did you leave, and/or how well did you know the city? There's drat near a dozen (that I know of, though I'm also counting the surrounding area like Howard/Suamico and De Pere) that do birthday barrels. lovely bars serve lovely beer - I'm a big fan of New Glarus' offerings, and since Spotted Cow was on the bar's list of half barrels to choose from that's what I'll be getting. But yeah... if you don't know the bar well enough or are too dumb/lazy to choose you'll wind up with a half barrel of keystone or natural ice or something of that sort.

quote:

e: and the gay dance club in Green Bay gives you a whole bottle of pink Andre on your birthday and don't bat an eye when you tell them you don't need any glasses.

I've never been to XS on my birthday, and since I'm not really the "clubbing" type I've only been there once in the 10 years I've been hitting the bars around here. Halloween 2010 - I was pretty drunk in a costume with poor visibility and tagging along with a group of barhoppers. We were there for like 45 minutes before I managed to figure out what bar we were at... suddenly all of the really tall women with strange breasts and broad shoulders made sense. Oh, you wacky crossdressers!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Or just worked out. I love hitting a buffet after the gym. Also I am obese.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shine posted:

Or just worked out. I love hitting a buffet after the gym. Also I am obese.

Shine, you're not obese. You're just skinny fat. Like Leo Dicaprio. It's cute.

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

"Eat all you can" Chinese restaurants require neither excuse nor justification. They're probably mankind's greatest achievement.

Shine posted:

Also, I am obese.

:negative:

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Illegibly Eligible posted:

How long ago did you leave, and/or how well did you know the city? There's drat near a dozen (that I know of, though I'm also counting the surrounding area like Howard/Suamico and De Pere) that do birthday barrels. lovely bars serve lovely beer - I'm a big fan of New Glarus' offerings, and since Spotted Cow was on the bar's list of half barrels to choose from that's what I'll be getting. But yeah... if you don't know the bar well enough or are too dumb/lazy to choose you'll wind up with a half barrel of keystone or natural ice or something of that sort.

Honestly, we didn't go to a whole bunch of different bars and neither of us ever got birthday barrels at any of them. We only lived up there for two years and moved back to Georgia like two years ago. Didn't help that we lived in Ashwaubenon and most bars were far enough away that cab fare added up, so we didn't do a lot of heavy drinking downtown or in De Pere.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I'm the fuckin Human Blob and I'm proud of it. gently caress a working out, I'm gonna die before I turn 40 and get buried in two piano cases.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm slightly underweight and moderately attractive. Post this in 10 threads or else you'll be trapped in the friendzone forever.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Francostein posted:

I'm slightly underweight and moderately attractive. Post this in 10 threads or else you'll be trapped in the friendzone forever.

gently caress I still need 9 more

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Not overweight but not attractive at all, and I have shaky shaky old man hands and an bent old man spine and an old man strength and stamina, despite being in the twenties. Just spent 20 minutes trying to open a small jar of rubber cement and had to stop with only making progress to halfway off the jar :smith:
It did have some kind of second plastic lid over the real metal lid that kept slipping, but that doesn't matter. I failed completely and the rubber cement jar won.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I am a sexy 400 pounds of lovable bed-ridden goonflesh.

PM me for newdz

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT

Yonic Symbolism posted:

despite being in the twenties.

So you're posting through a tear in the fabric of space-time itself?

On the positive side, if you can nip over to Germany right now and take out this troublesome Bavarian political agitator, you'll be doing the world a favour.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

He's clearly posting from the year 20 AD. Go hi-five Jesus for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Youremother posted:

He's clearly posting from the year 20 AD. Go hi-five Jesus for me.

You got me, but I'm actually on a mission to prevent the existence of Jesus and therefore all religion (People have said there are religions that aren't Jesus based but their reddit posts were downvoted so obviously they're just making that up) will never be invented. All will live in the light of LOGIC and RATIONALITY.

Now excuse me while I go put a banana up my rear end to impress a woman.

• Locked thread