Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Someone better go today and report on what the free "Luigi Loot" is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Artix posted:

The point of the Best Buy displays is not to sell consoles to people who already have them. :ssh:

"This game is fun. So if I buy this Wii U I can play this?"
"Yes! In six to nine months"
"...right."

That fact that this is terrible (in my opinion) advertising aside, couldn't they appeal to Wii U owners as well as potential new customers at the same time?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Minidust posted:

Bah, right after I buy PacMan/Galaga Dimensions! Guess I'll try selling that, unless they really bork the new version somehow. Pacman as a digital title is perfect.

Pacman Galaga was a pretty fun title for early on in the 3DS Lifespan. Too bad the new games they pushed out in that were really weak.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GameboyHero posted:

Well this is a shock. So Capcom decides to celebrate Megaman in Smash Bros by release MM2, 3 and 4 on Wii U VC. So if you want some more Megaman well there ya go.

Why would you want them on WiiU when you can have them on 3DS? :confused:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Zaphod42 posted:

Discounts? I have 3 and 4 on both though.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Zaphod42 posted:

Confused young gamers posting on Miiverse asking why Mega Man can't crawl.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/oddworld_strangers_wrath_hd_is_also_coming_to_wii_u

Stranger's Wrath HD is coming to the eShop alongside Abe's Oddysee New 'N' Tasty

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zeeman posted:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/oddworld_strangers_wrath_hd_is_also_coming_to_wii_u

Stranger's Wrath HD is coming to the eShop alongside Abe's Oddysee New 'N' Tasty

That's cool since the Stranger Wrath HD on Steam never got fixed and still a buggy mess.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zeeman posted:

Whoaaa, is it just me or is this ridiculously unexpected? Oddworld games have never been on a Nintendo console before, right? PSX and Xbox.

Well I'm a huge fan so I'm down with this. I already have the steam oddbox though.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Whoaaa, is it just me or is this ridiculously unexpected? Oddworld games have never been on a Nintendo console before, right? PSX and Xbox.

Well I'm a huge fan so I'm down with this. I already have the steam oddbox though.

Not if you count handhelds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oddworld:_Munch%27s_Oddysee#Game_Boy_Advance_version

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Gameboy Abe games were way better than they had any right being. Hopefully they have an excuse to put those up on the VC now.

e: Not Munch, I mean Oddworld Adventures.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Namco is releasing a digital Pacman collection for both Wii U and 3DS that includes Pacman CE and Pacman Battle Royale

It won't, I'd bet, but loving hell the Wii U version really ought to include Pac-Man Vs.

Even the 3DS version should include Pac-Man Vs. with download play if they're including Battle Royale in it.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

elf help book posted:

Someone better go today and report on what the free "Luigi Loot" is.

It's Luigi hat's and year of Luigi coins.

You can see the hats here:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

PAL update (week of June 13):

Sega's finally coming good with those Game Gear games! All four of 'em are pretty good, too. It's also worth pointing out that M2'S GG VC releases support link cable features via local wireless, unlike Game Boy.

On Mario & Yoshi: "This is the US version of the game with the European title screen". What?

Is Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns the good new game?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Call Now posted:

That's not new, is it? And people say you should go for New Beginning anyway

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
When do usually new retail games go up on the e-store in Europe? Around midnight I hope, I need me some Animal Crossing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 13):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mario & Yoshi (NES VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 from June 12
    Mega Man 2 (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
    Mega Man 3 (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
    Mega Man 4 (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Trine 2: Directors Cut (Wii U eShop) - 50% off until June 27
    Super Metroid (SNES VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 until June 14

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf (June 14) - €39.99 / £34.99
    Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns - €29.99 / £24.99
    Petz Fantasy 3D - €19.99 / £17.99
3DS eSHOP
    4 Elements - €12.00 / £10.79
    Luxor - €11.99 / £24.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Awakening DLC
  • Rogues and Redeemers #2 (Celica, difficulty ****) - €2.49 / £2.29
    [/i]
  • Future Past #2 ("glimpse into the future", difficulty ****) - €2.49 / £2.29
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man 6 (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
    Columns (Sega Game Gear) - €3.99 / £3.59
    Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Sega Game Gear) - €2.99 / £2.69
    Shining Force: Sword of Hajya (Sega Game Gear) - €3.99 / £3.59
    Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Game Gear) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 20
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 20

NA update (week of June 13):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $9.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Yoshi (NES, VC Trial Campaign) - $0.30 from June 12
    Mega Man 2 (NES) - $4.99
    Mega Man 3 (NES) - $4.99
    Mega Man 4 (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Super Metroid (Wii U VC Trial Campaign) - $0.30 until June 14[/i]
    Trine 2: Directors Cut (Wii U eShop) - $9.99 until June 27

3DS eSHOP
    Big Bass Arcade: No Limit - $6.99
    Mighty Switch Force 2 - $5.99
    Picross-e - $5.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Columns (Sega Game Gear) - $3.99
    Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Sega Game Gear) - $2.99
    Shining Force: Sword of Hajya (Sega Game Gear) - $3.99
    Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Game Gear) - $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS VC) - $4.99 until June 20
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS VC) - $4.99 until June 20

I've heard that MM2/3/4 may or may not be discounted on the PAL eShop right now - anyone wanna check? They're not actually listed on either press release...

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Call Now posted:

Tale of Two Towns is the absurdly buggy one that has been completely outdone by a New Beginning. Don't touch it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Going to buy me some Shining Force

JelloMaster
Oct 23, 2010

AllisonByProxy posted:

It's Luigi hat's and year of Luigi coins.

You can see the hats here:

Here's what the coin looks like.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

parasyte posted:

It won't, I'd bet, but loving hell the Wii U version really ought to include Pac-Man Vs.

Even the 3DS version should include Pac-Man Vs. with download play if they're including Battle Royale in it.

Namco Museum for DS includes a Download Play version of Pac-Man Vs., in case you didn't know.

One irritating thing about that collection - they announced a new Pac-man CE revision called CE DX+ that'll come as a free title update for the PSN/XBLA versions, but it seems like the version included in the compilations is regular ol' CE DX. Don't be weird, Namco.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Wow, Game Gear games!

I am actually surprised that Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is as cheap as it is. I figured they'd hit it with the Sonic Tax.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, and I'm surprised Columns is priced higher, too, especially given that Puyo is officially the greatest falling-block puzzler ever made.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

I've heard that MM2/3/4 may or may not be discounted on the PAL eShop right now - anyone wanna check? They're not actually listed on either press release...

Doesn't appear to be.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

quote:

Luxor - €11.99 / £24.99

Wait, what? :stare:

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
Picross-E is finally available in North America.
It is awesomely designed with no puzzles requiring any guessing (but that doesn't mean it's not challenging).
It has a total of around 150 puzzles ranging in size from 5x5 (some take around a dozen seconds to finish), 10x10, to 15x15.
I can't recommend it enough for genre fans.

Also, playing through Picross E-3 (Japan) now.
Tweaks include clues and hints that can be turned on/off, and the ability to turn off the time penalty for screwing up.
The puzzles are again of fantastic quality. I'm at around the 20th Normal puzzle (so I'm into the 15x15 puzzles), and they're all exquisitely designed to give up sqaures grudgingly, often one at a time.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

No 20x20 or 20x25 puzzles? Man, looks like I'll have to look elsewhere for something to scratch that itch Picross DS left me with.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
On my home menu I have a group of Mario games, a group of Zelda games, etc.

Can't wait to need a group of Picross games. :D

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Lodin posted:

When do usually new retail games go up on the e-store in Europe? Around midnight I hope, I need me some Animal Crossing.

Came here to ask this, does anybody know?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Do not even ask posted:

No 20x20 or 20x25 puzzles? Man, looks like I'll have to look elsewhere for something to scratch that itch Picross DS left me with.

This is my big problem with Picross E as well, it's missing the huge puzzles that the older one had :(

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Holy poo poo, Mighty Switch Force 2, Picross-e, Sword of Hajya, Mean Bean Machine, and Columns, all in the same week. Good job, NoA, even if we should've had some of this poo poo way earlier.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

Do not even ask posted:

No, although each of the Picross E titles have added modes with giant puzzles that are pieced together, etc.

Still, give it a try. Toward the end, the 15x15 puzzles take me up to 20 minutes (and I'm good at blipping through these).
It's not like the total crap DSi e-shop outings from Hudson. Those were plainly terrible.

For $6, I get around 20+ hours total play time. It's money well spent.
When I start playing, I have a tough time making myself stop.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I never owned any Sega systems growing up, how is Shining Force?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Picross-e doesn't appear to be on the NA store yet. Any idea when they usually update?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I never owned any Sega systems growing up, how is Shining Force?

It's a less good version of Fire Emblem, but I had fun with it when I was a kid.

I've finally caved and bought Oracle of Ages and Seasons. This time I swear I will beat Oracle of Ages. Then Seasons. Then maybe Ages again.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

BKPR posted:

Picross-e doesn't appear to be on the NA store yet. Any idea when they usually update?

Usually around noon EDT/9 AM PDT

Also I need to restart Seasons because I accidentally got Moosh as my animal buddy and I hate that loving bear so much

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zeeman posted:

Usually around noon EDT/9 AM PDT

Also I need to restart Seasons because I accidentally got Moosh as my animal buddy and I hate that loving bear so much

A reasonable action, Dmitri or bust.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Retail games in the Euro e-shop should be up at midnight.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Regy Rusty posted:

Getting Dimitri in Seasons is almost absurdly unlikely unless you are specifically trying to get him. It's so easy to accidentally lock yourself into Ricky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

Regy Rusty posted:

Somehow I always ended up with Moosh. He was a pain to navigate with, but I couldn't stay mad at that adorable lump.