Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!
"They're wonderful and frightening and they go in through your neck and they replace all your blood!"

"You get your blood back at the end of the summit, unless the 'loss of life' thing happens. Then we send your next of kin a big jar of blood and a very nice card."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I know I'm not the only one who had incorporated "push" into their everyday speech.

Seeing people going from :confused: to :stonk: in about 2 seconds is amazing.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Do they do the little hand motion The Monarch did too when he was thinking about it?

Also:

"Somebody LOVES the Monaaaaaaaaaaarch!"

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I know I'm not the only one who had incorporated "push" into their everyday speech.

Seeing people going from :confused: to :stonk: in about 2 seconds is amazing.

Nope it's entered our household dumps isms too. (Fun fact my phone autocorrected euphamisms to dumps isms and it was too apt to correct. )

Also I love all of Shore Leave's pet names for Brock.
Brock of ages
Brockness monster
Brock lobster

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I still giggle endlessly about the scene in the garage sale episode when 21 does the Star Wars kid.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

PostNouveau posted:

Shore Leave's interjections during an rear end-kicking are always good for a laugh.

"Boom! That's right. This is all happening. Can't change the channel now!"

TA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Genital formalwear! I'm ready!

OH MY GOD! This water is fr-EEZ-ing! I am NOT properly dressed!!

KilGrey posted:

I still giggle endlessly about the scene in the garage sale episode when 21 does the Star Wars kid.

No.... young padawan. This one, is mine. Brock Sampson... at last we meet. :smug:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

JetsGuy posted:

TA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Genital formalwear! I'm ready!

This little get-up-and-go works like a samurai mask. They get a gander at this little number and they're HYPNOTIZED!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

JetsGuy posted:

My favorite moment in Venture Bros. Go to graduate school if you want to be surrounded by people who'll consider this normal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfjj7Y9N27c

I remember the first time I watched this I was singing along. I had to rewind it and watch it again. My wife could have started a windmill spinning with the power of her eye-rolling.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

Oh, now, look at me, I'm fulla holes. But you! What's the deal, here?

KilGrey posted:

when 21 does the Star Wars kid.

You know, what that sounds like is probably already a mindblowing fanfic.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Comrade Quack posted:

Nope it's entered our household dumps isms too. (Fun fact my phone autocorrected euphamisms to dumps isms and it was too apt to correct. )

Also I love all of Shore Leave's pet names for Brock.
Brock of ages
Brockness monster
Brock lobster

Brockodile

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

GD_American posted:

I remember the first time I watched this I was singing along. I had to rewind it and watch it again. My wife could have started a windmill spinning with the power of her eye-rolling.

When 24 drives up, singing in perfect sync is where I lost it when I first saw it.

EDIT:
You know I've seen that a bajillion times, and this is the first time I noticed 21 is holding a glove in his mouth while wearing both gloves already.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Another favorite and why Monarch is probably one of the best characters in the show.

The Monarch: I had true hatred with Venture. I didn’t have to fake it! That sweet loathing just poured out of me whenever I saw his pathetic face. I just…I just wanted to kick his rear end!

I wanted to build a machine to kick his rear end!

I wanted to build an empire to house the machine TO KICK HIS rear end!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That's my favorite quote too.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
"JESUS JONES!! Now thar was a band.."

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

One of mine is when Monarch finds 21 in his treehouse and raps on his door:

21/Gary: What's the password?
Monarch: I don't remember...oh yeah, I'm the loving Monarch!!!

It's just the way he says it. Giggles every time.

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 13, 2013

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I always liked the setup and conclusion for Phantom Limb vs Manotaur. There were a couple of lines that just made it absolutely hilarious, but I've forgotten them so I guess a rewatch is in order.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Shindragon posted:

I did this in the last thread, but this my favorite of all time.

Hank: I am the Bat!

Dr. Venture: Yes, yes. You're The Bat! And The Bat is the reason why we didn't take Best Group Costume... again! Last year, it was Dorothy, the Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion, and The Bat! Oh, and how about the time we were the hard-rocking quartet of Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley, and The Bat?!?

Hank: The night is mine

And of course

Hank: Ow!
Dean: What's the matter?
Hank: My tongue keeps getting caught in the mouth slit.
Dean: Don't stick it in the slit then.
Hank: I can't help it! It's maddening.

This was in the meme thread today, and all I could think of was that scene. Linked, because it's not actually Venture related. It's completely work-safe, though.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

One of the scenes that always gets me is from Victor. Echo. November., when Brock stabs a Henchman and starts interrogating him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmUB196RM_c

"" posted:

"Then could you sing to me? Could you sing a Technotronic song? Maybe... "Pump Up The Jam"?"

"I don't know-"

"What about "Move This"!? Do you know that one?"

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
Jesus help me, I was going to post with the gif from my avatar's quote, but I can't stop laughing at the last two pages because every loving moment of this show is hilarious.

I can't even pick a favorite character anymore. First world problems?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Captain Foxy posted:

Jesus help me, I was going to post with the gif from my avatar's quote, but I can't stop laughing at the last two pages because every loving moment of this show is hilarious.

I can't even pick a favorite character anymore. First world problems?

The correct answer is Shore Leave. I'm glad he's not in every episode though, because I feel like the writers would ultimately keep trying to top themselves with him and it'd get old.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
My favorite is probably http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHq0UsefqD0

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Sometimes the best quotes are the shortest quotes. The first few seconds of this are just pure gold :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn2X2NEXaak

Dr. Disco Quest
Mar 8, 2009

Ithaqua posted:

That always makes me laugh. "I'm trapped in a sewer with a confessed arsonist!"

I wonder how many people don't get that joke because they didn't watch enough MTV in the 90s.

What makes this even more great is that the characters that show up and say 'hey!' are a reference to the music video of the track that was sampled in Firestarter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sFK0-lcjGU. It's the most tenuous, nerdy joke ever and I love it.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
While Mars was my favorite moment, my favorite line is:

Well then.... shall we shake hands? And... leave as enemies??

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Get the gently caress out of here! :haw:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dr. Disco Quest posted:

What makes this even more great is that the characters that show up and say 'hey!' are a reference to the music video of the track that was sampled in Firestarter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sFK0-lcjGU. It's the most tenuous, nerdy joke ever and I love it.

Well poo poo, I didn't know who the other people in that car-thing were. I figured they were just some people from another famous music video I didn't know.

EDIT: I guess I've never seen this Prodigy music video at all then...

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN
Feb 25, 2007

fuck a car
i'll do a mothafuckin' walk-by
"Come on! They have one female servicing a large group of males. That implies a species that lays eggs."
"Oh my God, you're crazy! They're so obviously mammals!"
"Please! She'd be in estrus 24/7 if she didn't lay eggs."
"Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a loving beard! They're mammals!"

R.I.P. Henchman 24 :smith:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

For some reason my favorite moment is still "...Marzipan?" "Tarzipan." The delivery kills me every time.

"You and your Guild can go screw. Ten years of payin' dues and what do they do to keep me out of here when I got caught!?!"
"Oh, what could we do? You eviscerated and sodomized Vince Neil on national television."
"Hey, I only sodomized half of him! They wanted The Surreal Life, K.G. GAVE it to 'em!"

Also:

"I'm only gonna say this once. I don't like you two, and if you ever - EVER - try to give me an order again, I will kill you both and feed your tiny, rotting bodies to the neighborhood dogs! ...Now, what were you saying?"
"Er...have a nice walk?"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"You know what he called me when he stormed out today? A honkey!

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

theflyingexecutive posted:

"You know what he called me when he stormed out today? A honkey!

I love the Monarch's reaction:
*snickers* "Did you really?"

That entire scene is great.
"...or your boys will follow the rainbow bridge to Valhalla! ... that's not as dark as it sounds in my head, is it?"

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 14, 2013

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010

taco_fox posted:

Manhowers flat out says that Jonas was the one who built them. Also, the iPod-looking music player in Victor Echo November ("How many Yaz albums do you have on this thing?") has what looks like a Venture Industries logo on it. I'm guessing Jonas got the Venture Industries electronics division when he and Rusty split up their belongings at the end of season 1.

One of the season 2 (or 3?) episodes shows a billboard styled after the old iPod advertisements, with Jonas as the silhouette. It might be The Invisible Hand of Fate, I've forgotten. It was definitely one of the episodes I watched yesterday.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

AGirlWonder posted:

One of the season 2 (or 3?) episodes shows a billboard styled after the old iPod advertisements, with Jonas as the silhouette. It might be The Invisible Hand of Fate, I've forgotten. It was definitely one of the episodes I watched yesterday.

I think it's on a subway poster in "Twenty Years to Midnight."

Recoil in terror from the Death's Head Panoply!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
The final 90 seconds of "The Lepidopterists" is my favorite anything of ever time.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

I think it's on a subway poster in "Twenty Years to Midnight."

Recoil in terror from the Death's Head Panoply!

It's the second Killenger episode.

Custodes
Jan 3, 2003
It may be trite, but everything about the last one and a half minutes of Season 4 is still my favorite moment. Next to no dialogue, but it manages to hit everything I love about Venture Brothers:

• Brock coming to a (bloody) rescue
  • Bucking the most obvious scenario available
  • Doc's science skills failing miserably
  • Awesome music
  • Hilarious repercussions for someone's terrible idea

http://video.adultswim.com/the-venture-bros/midnight.html

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My two favorite gags are Doc falling off the roof of the Land Rover when Ginny slams on the brakes and the Monarch puking on himself when he's busy going SUPERNOVA!

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

"I'm only gonna say this once. I don't like you two, and if you ever - EVER - try to give me an order again, I will kill you both and feed your tiny, rotting bodies to the neighborhood dogs! ...Now, what were you saying?"
"Er...have a nice walk?"

"How 'bout you? Do I have to get a can of raid and spray you?"
"I didn't say nothin'."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

One of my top moments:

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010

door Door door posted:

"How 'bout you? Do I have to get a can of raid and spray you?"
"I didn't say nothin'."

Man, I love to hate the Moppets. This bit is one of my favorites in the series.

EDIT: I don't know if anyone's brought it up specifically, but General Treister's nicknames for everyone in Any Which Way But Zeus crack me up.

gnomewife fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

AGirlWonder posted:

Man, I love to hate the Moppets. This bit is one of my favorites in the series.

EDIT: I don't know if anyone's brought it up specifically, but General Treister's nicknames for everyone in Any Which Way But Zeus crack me up.

"Agent Topanga Lawrence!" towards Brock just about killed me.