Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Maybe they're a really big Jurassic Park fan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I didn't even catch this for a second, because I would be exactly like millenial GM to put a larger intake on the stock engine, worthless spoiler, and fancy wheels and call it a SS edition.

Actually, forget the intake, just put on a bright exhaust tip.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Mitchard posted:

Simple Newtonian physics. If you launch the air upwards there will be an equal and opposite reaction pushing the car downwards.

They had to install left hand thread screws on that side because the air velocity was backing the screws out. (To the far right you can see a hole where they erroneously installed a regular screw that worked its way out)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Paul Boz_ posted:

:lol: I didn't even buy it :lol:

I have no idea what's going on here :psyduck:

Eats babies.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
^^^ Jesus fish sells it nicely

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
unhappycustomer.jpg

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Meanwhile, someone doesn't quite "get" plastidip..

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I thought plastidip was a spray? That looks... brushed on? :psyduck:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

I thought plastidip was a spray? That looks... brushed on? :psyduck:

Stuck on, more like... It's tape.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Linedance posted:

Ohhhhh. :doh: It's too early in the morning for me to be posting.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Linedance posted:

To be fair, I think it's plasti-dipped duct-tape.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

some texas redneck posted:

Meanwhile, someone doesn't quite "get" plastidip..

What? Just because someone appears to have recreated the quality paintwork I din to models when I was a kid?

And in the same colors, too...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I can't hate this. Looks really well done, aside from the "show car" chrome add ons. Wonder what they used for the bed portion? The tailgate actually functions, and the vehicle has been extended, unlike a lot of 'mino conversions.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

StormDrain posted:

This steering wheel says Land Rover.
It's a 110. Looks like maybe a SOV (Special Operations Vehicle)? US Rangers?

Fucknag posted:

Maybe they're a really big Jurassic Park fan?
My thought was King Kong, but it's effectively the same reference.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

InitialDave posted:

It's a 110. Looks like maybe a SOV (Special Operations Vehicle)? US Rangers?

Sheriffs. They also have a bitchin' snow cat in the garage that I might visit soon.

GT Special
May 25, 2009
Putting your motor back together and lost the alternator mount? No problem! just use a ratchet strap!

And wheres the best place to hook up that ratchet strap? well on the rusted out hole in the strut tower of course!

Trailer park camaro. Trailer park fixes

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010
That air filter :gonk:

Not the worst thing, but it stands out to me.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

This wheel tells a story. I think it's "I'm not good at figuring out where the right side of my car is".

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
My co-worker's son stacked his Punto, and I went round to help him pull the radio and check for anything worth saving before the scrappies took it. He wanted the ~£30 of fuel left in it, so I did a thing:

The weird border effect is my phone case not being clipped on quite right.

I quite liked that he crashed into some armco, you know, stuff designed to allow for a safer, more controlled impact - and it was too high, his main crash structure/front beam slipped under it and the bonnet, left headlight and wing took the whole hit. Kind of defeats the purpose, really. I don't think he was going at all fast, luckily, it didn't set the bags off and he was completely unharmed.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
^^ what's wrong with running the pump to get the fuel? It's really easy and it works great.

Koirhor posted:

^^^ Jesus fish sells it nicely

not a jesus fish, it says CX

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

InitialDave posted:

I quite liked that he crashed into some armco, you know, stuff designed to allow for a safer, more controlled impact - and it was too high, his main crash structure/front beam slipped under it and the bonnet, left headlight and wing took the whole hit. Kind of defeats the purpose, really. I don't think he was going at all fast, luckily, it didn't set the bags off and he was completely unharmed.

Robert Kubica agrees with your questioning of how safe armco really is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kubica#Rally_crash

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Aurune posted:

This wheel tells a story. I think it's "I'm not good at figuring out where the right side of my car is".

At least it's just a hubcap. I see very expensive alloys scratched up like that at work.

And then they want us to remove and install them with hand tools to "protect the finish".

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

aventari posted:

^^ what's wrong with running the pump to get the fuel? It's really easy and it works great.
It still feels like a bit of a bodge to me, if I'm honest, even though I know it's ok. I mainly wanted to talk about the armco thing, but forgot to take a photo of the actual damage.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Aurune posted:

Robert Kubica agrees with your questioning of how safe armco really is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kubica#Rally_crash

Same with this Falcon wagon:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

aventari posted:

not a jesus fish, it says CX

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
enhance! enhance!

Looks like CX to me.

e: and just to lay this to rest, the badge is in exactly the spot they put the CX badge on sixth-gen hatches.

This is both a terrible car thing and a good example of the CX badge placement.

Oh, and another terrible thing is how many lovely "body kit and altezzzzas" riced hondas I looked through to find this picture :arghfist:

kastein fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 17, 2013

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Aurune posted:

They also dont know where the front of their car is.

I love that, just keep pulling up until the car stops.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Counterpoint:

It's a CX.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
It may be CX. I was just looking for a good time to ENHANCE! The world will never know...

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

D C posted:

It's called auditory parking. :science:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIY3RJxj_Yw

Edit: Sadly I have to cop to the fact my dad does this. It started after he moved to Florida. I think he's gotten too much sun or too old :( .

Aurune fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 17, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

D C posted:

'Driving by Braille' is the preferred parking method in many metro areas. You should see the industry that's sprouted up to meet New Yorkers' demands for parking armor.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Snowdens Secret posted:

'Driving by Braille' is the preferred parking method in many metro areas. You should see the industry that's sprouted up to meet New Yorkers' demands for parking armor.

You should see Boston

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
There are things you can put on fenders to make feeling out the curb not grind up wheels:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=...img.0b7lWB4qoPQ

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

D C posted:

You should see Boston

Well of course drunk drivers are going to hit things

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012

Looking at this thing makes me feel like I'm having a stroke

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

John Cenas Jorts posted:

Looking at this thing makes me feel like I'm having a stroke

But it's only $4,900 bucks!

http://youtu.be/EIdrr5S5hCM

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012
Well now I'm definitely having a stroke, where do I sign

John Cenas Jorts fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jun 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Snowdens Secret posted:

I remember seeing a few drivers in SF a few years back that, after parking, opened their trunk and flipped down an attached cushion to protect their bumpers from parallel parkers. I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

edit - like this, basically - http://chariotauto.com/