Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

HBar posted:

If El is listening, he already heard us. Now in our panic we scream out to Smattas and Marnal and then everyone else we can think of.

Let's do this, especially after this Diog post.

Diogines posted:

According to your mother's stories, Smattas and Marnal are prone to rescuing children and damsels in distress from a great variety of dangers.

According to your mother's stories, the Sky Giant Xuriel is said to have immensely beautiful wings and often soar through the sky, making rainbows after it rains. He is also a friend to birds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

BeefSupreme posted:

The good news is Ishamal, noted hunter of white whales, is here to help!
That was Ahab, Ishmael was was the narrator and the overall point of the story was that Ahab pursuing vengeance against a nonsapient creature like a whale of all things was pretty stupid. Ahab is basically obsessed with Moby Dick to the point of doing things like listening to insane prophets and anointing a harpoon with the blood of his subordinates in preparation for hunting Moby Dick. Ahab tracks down Moby Dick even though other ships warn him away, since it's a huge badass whale and you can just hunt smaller whales for profit instead of pursuing vengeance against an animal of all things. In the end Moby Dick kills everyone except Ishmael cause it's a loving whale and a bunch of dudes keep on trying to stick harpoons in it despite the fact that it repeatedly kills them. So in the end Ishmael is the only one that survives because the giant whale that just wants to be left alone was pissed off and sank the boat.

I'm not sure how that's a commentary on our current situation, but I don't think this Asherah worship thing is going to work out guys, just a hunch.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

HBar posted:

If El is listening, he already heard us. Now in our panic we scream out to Smattas and Marnal and then everyone else we can think of.

Voting for this.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

C and D. Try and eat him while screaming that you're sorry and to please help.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
This is why nobody loves you you Jewcoon.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Cry out to Smattas and Marnal

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Heheh, I mostly went with that because the mental image is hilarious, and I doubt anything we do to help or hinder Ismeal would stop him from doing what he wanted to do. Also, it honestly seems kind of realistic. We're terrified and want it to all stop, but also incredibly, overwhelmingly hungry.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Hopping on the panda express, A E, we're sorry. :saddowns:

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Algid posted:

That was Ahab, Ishmael was was the narrator and the overall point of the story was that Ahab pursuing vengeance against a nonsapient creature like a whale of all things was pretty stupid. Ahab is basically obsessed with Moby Dick to the point of doing things like listening to insane prophets and anointing a harpoon with the blood of his subordinates in preparation for hunting Moby Dick. Ahab tracks down Moby Dick even though other ships warn him away, since it's a huge badass whale and you can just hunt smaller whales for profit instead of pursuing vengeance against an animal of all things. In the end Moby Dick kills everyone except Ishmael cause it's a loving whale and a bunch of dudes keep on trying to stick harpoons in it despite the fact that it repeatedly kills them. So in the end Ishmael is the only one that survives because the giant whale that just wants to be left alone was pissed off and sank the boat.

I'm not sure how that's a commentary on our current situation, but I don't think this Asherah worship thing is going to work out guys, just a hunch.

yeah sure sure that's all true and stuff but mostly I wanted to make a joke about hanging out with a guy who's name is pretty much Ishmael, a character who happens to be in a book at least nominally about hunting a sea creature.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Jewcoon posted:

C and D. Try and eat him while screaming that you're sorry and to please help.

This OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!

michael knight
Oct 16, 2003

I love pubbies!

HBar posted:

Voting this

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

PandaPropaganda posted:

Voting for A and also to D. tell Ishamal we're sorry, we just wanted to help.

I agree, put me down for this one.

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
A, because he doesn't seem to be hurting us, and J, start talkin' to that lobster, because I feel pretty sure Asherah's not going to back off without eating SOMETHING.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A

J Pray to the lobster god Smiss.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
That's the last time I vote to pray to any gods! Atheist emo Og from now on.

There were no old folk in the village, which could mean that Asherah has a particular sweet tooth for the elderly. But of course the sensible vote is plan PandaPropaganda.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
It's hard to play this as an Atheist since we literally had the choice to be a heavenly being at the start. We know they exist as an omnipotent consciousness for our character. I find myself wanting to disbelieve in any of the gods and do things without them but then I realise that they literally have proof that some of these stories are not just stories.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Option: Other
Eat our own skeleton, then throw it up: Hold the gate.

I'm impressed we didn't seem to learn our lesson last CYOA. Other than that, I'm kind of sad this got moved from GBS, just having it here makes the atmosphere feel much more serious RP and there's a been a LOT more posts to that effect. Which isn't necessarily bad but just seems to be making the arguments worse as we get more invested into aspects. I dunno.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

BeefSupreme posted:

yeah sure sure that's all true and stuff but mostly I wanted to make a joke about hanging out with a guy who's name is pretty much Ishmael, a character who happens to be in a book at least nominally about hunting a sea creature.
And I was mostly talking about how whale-vengeance makes about as much sense as demon-worship in this context.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

BeefSupreme posted:

His name has nothing to do with Moby Dick, just a coincidence.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

WhiteOutMouse posted:

It's hard to play this as an Atheist since we literally had the choice to be a heavenly being at the start. We know they exist as an omnipotent consciousness for our character. I find myself wanting to disbelieve in any of the gods and do things without them but then I realise that they literally have proof that some of these stories are not just stories.

Oh yeah of course these gods do exist in this world. However all I meant was that we are constantly presented with options to pray to El/Asherah/Sky Giants/Great Fish. If there is an option where I can choose a proactive solution, I'm choosing that. I feel that all this praying has not really accomplished anything for us (you could argue that El calmed the forest, but I'm not convinced by that).

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Shanakin posted:

Option: Other
Eat our own skeleton, then throw it up: Hold the gate.

I'm impressed we didn't seem to learn our lesson last CYOA. Other than that, I'm kind of sad this got moved from GBS, just having it here makes the atmosphere feel much more serious RP and there's a been a LOT more posts to that effect. Which isn't necessarily bad but just seems to be making the arguments worse as we get more invested into aspects. I dunno.

Yeah I dunno having the last CYOA in GBS made it more casual, people passing in and out all the time. I think why people are so mad about voting now is seeing the same people every time and feeling persecuted cause they get downvoted by these same people.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Diogines posted:

So we did end up in the desert forest with our former-slave real-mom, and we're well on the way to having "everyone's hand against [us]" :v:

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

Didn't he say something about whales having some good eating on them?

Diogines posted:

Our question: Are there whales in the water near your village?

Ishamal: "He says in the sea, but that the city is miles inland. He says there is good eating on one and that they have been caught, but very rarely and more when he was young."

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 15, 2013

XOXO
Mar 8, 2013

Ask me about being weaker than a 60 year-old British woman.

PandaPropaganda posted:

Voting for A and also to D. tell Ishamal we're sorry, we just wanted to help.

Voting this.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Voting A and E while repenting hard

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
C. Let out a cry of jubilation.

H say to Ishmal: We're flying!!!!

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Diogines posted:

SNAP.

"You ARE TOO YOUNG TO DIE BUT NOT TOO FOOLISH!"
SLAM!

WHOMP!

FUMP!
QUESTION 1:
OPTION C: HUNGEEEEEEEEEEERY!!!!!!! Try to eat your own hand or Ishamal or something OR ANYTHING WHY AM I RESISTING I AM SO HUNGRRRRRYYYYY!!!

I love this option and haaaave to go with it. Chew on Ishamal.

quote:

QUESTION 2:

You also... (Pick one)

OPTION D: Say something to Ishamal! Specify what.
"tell Ishamal we're sorry, we just wanted to help"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

You continue to soar through the night's sky.

WHUMP! and a crash like thunder as Ishamal strikes at you again with one hand, his other hand holding your ankle.

Your teeth rattle but like the other blows, it seems to hit the air and cause no injury.

You cry out as the wind rushes past your ears and the hung-

...and the hunger gnaws at your every sense. You are at least a thousand feet in the air and still rising at this point, possibly more, which in another universe, might use a hundred story building as a frame of reference.

"I AM SORRYYYYY!! I JUST WANTED TO HEEEEEEEELP!" you cry out. Whether or not Ishamal understands you is unclear, but he speaks again and you can FEEL his words as if you could reach out and touch them, they seem to have taken on a weight to them.

Wherever you are going, you are flying there with your stomach facing the ground and your face forward. You are tall for your age, at just under 5 feet tall. The old man, is slightly more than 7 feet tall and weighs significantly more than you, though his weight does not seem to be affecting your speed at all, in fact, you seem to be speeding up as you gain height. He seems to be trying to change your orientation somehow, or maybe his? You do not struggle as he does this and you do not try to shake him off.

He now has one arm wrapped about your mid section to support himself and he has his other arm raised above his head, above your body.

"CLOSE YOUR EYES AND COVER YOUR EARS." he says. You again understand them perfectly and almost feel as if you could reach out and TOUCH them! In fact, maybe you could and you are SO GODS DAMNED HUNGERRRRRRRRY!!!!! HUNGERRRRRYYYYYY!!!!!!!

You have to eat SOMETHING! ANYTHING!! You could eat every tree below you and still not be full, every thing in the forest, every fish in the sea, every grain of sand and every ounce of dirt would not put a dent in the hole you feel in your gut.

You...

(Mini vote, next update in a few hours)

OPTION A. Sweet merciful something of somewhere! Try to resist the hunger! Close your eyes and cover your ears!
OPTION B. HUNGEEEEEEEEEEEERY!!!!!!!!! Try to reach out and eat his words! You can FEEL them as if they had weight, YOU HAVE TO EAT!!!!
OPTION C. HUNGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! I HAVE TO EAT!!! ISHAMAL! NUM NUM NUM NUM NUM!!!!
OPTION D. After having carefully weighed the pros and the cons of your situation and after having conducted a thorough analysis, you have come to the conclusion it is the optimal decision to begin eating your left hand.
OPTION E. On second thought, make that, the right hand.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 16, 2013

Janac
May 12, 2010
Let's A.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Sweet Baby Denziroh Voting A.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
A.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

OPTION A. Sweet merciful something of somewhere! Try to resist the hunger! Close your eyes and cover your ear!

Voting for this. Cover our ear, singular, with one hand. Start drinking our blood from the hand that is cut without eating it.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

PandaPropaganda
Apr 22, 2008

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

We've been building our willpower and self-control since age four, and this is the payoff. I hope.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Option A

gently caress Asherah, let's all get onto the El railroad, choo choo!

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
A

But try to eat some words while I'm at it.

Also, he told us to close our eye and ears, but the choice is both eyes and one ear?

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
A. While also crying, snotting, and losing control of every bodily function because holy poo poo, this is way too much for an 11 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

AH I DON'T WANT TO DIEEEEE!!!!