Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Right, but Cole wasn't saying "Puerto Ricans aren't really Americans" the way Zeb might say it. He wasn't insulting the people, territory, or their state. He just literally was clueless to the reality of the situation and was talking out of his own rear end. I think most reasonable people can see that and recognize that the joke is entirely on him in that case. He wasn't voicing a subjective opinion or defending a questionable idea. He was just straight up wrong objectively.

I mean, I think the lesson to be learned from this is that Michael Cole is stupid. Not regular stupid, but "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" stupid. The answer is no, Michael Cole is not smarter than a fifth grader. WWE should be embarrassed that someone that stupid is the voice of their product, not that he said something stupid and patently untrue about Puerto Ricans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
So did Cole just assume the US and Puerto Rico had a "no passports required" deal or something every time he traveled there for shows and whatnot?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So did Cole just assume the US and Puerto Rico had a "no passports required" deal or something every time he traveled there for shows and whatnot?

I'm sure he doesn't remember, when you travel that much it all becomes a blur. Lucky for him I doubt the fans in Puerto Rico even see him outside of his in ring angles.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Right, but Cole wasn't saying "Puerto Ricans aren't really Americans" the way Zeb might say it. He wasn't insulting the people, territory, or their state. He just literally was clueless to the reality of the situation and was talking out of his own rear end. I think most reasonable people can see that and recognize that the joke is entirely on him in that case. He wasn't voicing a subjective opinion or defending a questionable idea. He was just straight up wrong objectively.

I mean, I think the lesson to be learned from this is that Michael Cole is stupid. Not regular stupid, but "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" stupid. The answer is no, Michael Cole is not smarter than a fifth grader. WWE should be embarrassed that someone that stupid is the voice of their product, not that he said something stupid and patently untrue about Puerto Ricans.

Cole brought up to Zeb that Zeb wrestled in a Spanish speaking country, Puerto Rico, and Zeb yelled down to him that he did and that Puerto Rico is part of America. Cole then started arguing that Zeb was wrong until both Lawler and JBL backed up Zeb saying that Cole is an idiot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I doubt Cole ever put more than two seconds of thought to it. He probably reached for his passport and then when no one asked for it he shrugged and got on the plane.

KungFu Grip posted:

Cole brought up to Zeb that Zeb wrestled in a Spanish speaking country, Puerto Rico, and Zeb yelled down to him that he did and that Puerto Rico is part of America. Cole then started arguing that Zeb was wrong until both Lawler and JBL backed up Zeb saying that Cole is an idiot.

As i remember it Cole started a whole thing about "You worked in a country outside of America and took their money so you're a hypocrite for criticizing Sin Cara and Del Rio. And that country is Puerto Rico!" And then Zeke yelled at him and JBL immediately started cracking up and they jumped all over him. Cole had a meek and embarrassed reaction and then kind of a half assed attempt to salvage his argument but JBL just piled on him until he gave up. If he had been allowed to try and continue to save his argument he probably would have gotten pretty offensive to Puerto Rican since he seemed to be headed towards "they're not real Americans" territory. But at that stage he would have basically completely looped around to Zeke's point of view which should show how stupid Cole and his argument was in the first place.

That's what kind of made it even more hilarious. It wasn't some off the cuff comment Cole made. He had a big set up for it as some kind of huge "gotcha" for Zeke. He did this reveal of "Puerto Rico" and everyone just lost it when that happened.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 15, 2013

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cole is a stupid goober that the viewing audience largely hates to begin with. Who cares?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Cole is a stupid goober that the viewing audience largely hates to begin with. Who cares?

Well, the original reason it got brought up is that when the WWE gets dragged through the mud publicly, which it could have if the right person heard what Cole said and took offense, it could have resulted in negative mainstream media attention. They tend to react....interestingly when this happens.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Well, the original reason it got brought up is that when the WWE gets dragged through the mud publicly, which it could have if the right person heard what Cole said and took offense, it could have resulted in negative mainstream media attention. They tend to react....interestingly when this happens.

The following Raw is nothing but three hours of Vince and Stephanie verbally berating a befuddled Primo and Epico.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Writer Cath posted:

The following Raw is nothing but three hours of Vince and Stephanie verbally berating a befuddled Primo and Epico.

Time for the return of the Mexicools

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Time for the return of the Mexicools

Puerto Ricools

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Punk at the Blackhawks game

quote:

CM Punk ‏@CMPunk 13m
Pretty sure Yagr just flipped me off.

CM Punk ‏@CMPunk 12m
Holy crap! I did that. Jagr. Hanks guys.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
This is Facebook, but close enough I hope.

Note: Vin's donation amount was $20.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Punk at the Blackhawks game

Pretty sure Punk is half-trolling wrestling fans by not mentioning WWE in any shape or form. Last thing he tweeted was "see you Monday for Game 3!" or some such.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Who cares if he comes back. I don't want to see him fight Jericho for free, let alone pay.. what is Vince asking, fifty bucks?

I'm sure he'll show up but I hope it's for a face turn or something even mildly interesting.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Supreme Allah posted:

Who cares if he comes back. I don't want to see him fight Jericho for free, let alone pay.. what is Vince asking, fifty bucks?

I'm sure he'll show up but I hope it's for a face turn or something even mildly interesting.

The PPV is in Chicago. If he does show up he'll be given a loving hero's welcome regardless of alignment.

EDIT: Speaking of heroes...

@BigELangston posted:

#HappyFathersDay to me! Daddy loves you LaTissue, DaMalikiTiki, Galaxy Star Blast, Maybelline, Poopy,& Zyryh (pronounced Sarah)!

njsykora fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 16, 2013

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

njsykora posted:

The PPV is in Chicago. If he does show up he'll be given a loving hero's welcome regardless of alignment.

EDIT: Speaking of heroes...

Mods please namechange to Galaxy Star Blast thanks in advance.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
A lot of us saw Big E. and thought he was just another generic Bobby Lashley esque big man who only has a job because he has muscles. Little did we know...Little did we know.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DM Punk posted:

Note: Vin's donation amount was $20.

Wow... if I've got more for some of the lovely small bar shows I've played bass there's unquestionably some bad pay going on in CHIKARA.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I will buy any amount of merchandise necessary to ensure Big E always has a job with the WWE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris Jericho posted:

Look who I found last night!!! @Christian4Peeps

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
That's the weirdest farmer's tan I've ever seen

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's Punk wearing a Christian mask.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
With Bill Murray in the background.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

quote:

‏@HEELZiggler 35m
#HappyFathersDay @RealBillyGunn

(thanks for giving me YOUR fashion sense & MOMs height) 😕

Kip sopp ‏@RealBillyGunn 33m
@HEELZiggler thanks son
:allears: I love how self aware they are

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Matlock posted:

With Bill Murray in the background.

no one will ever believe you

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Somebody on twitter really hates Molly Holly. There's two fake accounts dedicated to her being a "scammer".

Edit: Whoa, and a bunch of youtube poo poo.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 16, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Spoilers for tonight

Colt Cabana posted:

Punk got me some great seats to #PAYBACK http://ow.ly/i/2nhM4

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

@TheMarkHenry posted:

#raw #wwe I have spoke to my family and hope to talk to all of you fans tomorrow live from Grand Rapids. Guys Father Time is undefeated.

https://twitter.com/TheMarkHenry/status/346454099195228160

:smith:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Turn that frown upside down

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

Turn that frown upside down

Ain't nothing to frown about the Worlds Strongest Dad.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Just saw that too. Really hope that doesn't mean what I think it means.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

AJ Lee posted:

@WWEAJLee: Tonight was a dream that took 14 years of will power & hard work to realize. I did it my way. This is the proudest moment of my life.

Aww.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

This is awesome

Curtis Axel posted:

I never had the privilege to stand in the ring with my Dad but now Im honored to stand in the history books with him! Happy Fathers Day Dad!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

This is awesome

Awwww, I can't hate on that.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
Seeing the picture of him with the belt and Heyman beside him makes me hope for a Heenan-Hennig type dynamic while Axel works on his promo more. He seems talented and genuine enough, but dude needs to learn how to talk.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

quote:

Father Time is undefeated.
Sounds like Father Time needs his loving wig split.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Even better to see her reaction in an interview:

WWE posted:

#WWE VIDEO: AJ Lee reacts to winning the Divas Championship: http://wwe.com Exclusive, June 16, 2013 http://wwe.me/2xE7kD

She looks like she's about to burst into tears. :unsmith: (Be sure to wait for the end, though)

sexy_trash
Jul 4, 2008

WH2K IS JERICHO

'watch out for the mexicool run in'

Triple H is fairly hilarious on twitter, just gotta say.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

@RealBully5150 posted:

Good luck to my hardcore bro @TherealRVD. Kick rear end!! Thank God I dont gotta take that #5Star no more!! Well, maybe 1 day...

TNA's roster seems to be getting to that age where that one last WWE run and WWE paydays look a lot more attractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

njsykora posted:

TNA's roster seems to be getting to that age where that one last WWE run and WWE paydays look a lot more attractive.

I would mark like a loving child if this happened.