Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

We're too emotionally exhausted to be anything but calm. Besides, its peaceful up here. No one screaming, nobody getting eaten, nobody hungry, nobody trying to beat us. Just nice gray clouds. It's very calming really. Quite nice if you take the time to think about it.

I really wanted to vote T, but I got to vote the crazy option last time, so I'll vote the character building one this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Voting to Poop our pants, Cry out for mom and Whisper a prayer to Sojenus

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

ACNQT

Lets try to fly!

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
A + H

The nonbelievers and demon worshipers refuse to see it, but the undeniable truth is that El has always been looking out for us since the day we were born. Jalitha's stories are true; her sky giants exist, they saved us from our abusive fake dad and the cannibal tribe he was a part of. Even after we made the biggest mistake of our short life so far, they haven't given up on us yet. In our moment of despair El sent forth a protector to shield us from the physical manifestation of hunger and death. It is El's will only that decides whether we live or die, his angels will see to it. If this is where we are supposed to die then we should not struggle, we should accept the fate that El has set out for us. Considering that El bothered to personally send an angel after us, he likely does not intend for us to die here. We should trust El, close our eyes, relax, and listen to air as it rushes past us. This is a ride that can only be enjoyed once in a lifetime; it'd be a waste of an experience if we were to shout, scream and cry all the way down.

Once we're back on solid ground, we should thank our angelic savior and the man who employs him.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
A and J
If we dont die we'll probably be exiled, by the way, for using demon magic. Unless the El people are Ned Flanders level of forgiving.

Absum
May 28, 2013

A and H.

We don't need to be calm, but well we're not going to die. We were just saved by Smattas&Maranal, they aren't going to let us fall to death after all that.

We honestly believe this (it's like the stories ya know).

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
A + C + G

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
A + T

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

SMATTAS! SAVE US!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

SMATTAS! SAVE US!

I'd like to attach this to my AN vote. Smattas was pretty awesome this update, what with the empowering Ishamal to break Asherah's hold on us.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

A + K

Rattle off prayers to every single God we know of.

Like the dude from The Mummy.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

AH

I don't think we really have the energy to be anything but calm about everything that just happened.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
&
Let's burn this candle!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
A&T

Edit: Vote changed, page 96.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 16, 2013

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
AJ, we're saaaaved!

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
A and H

Even though our upbringing was harsh and not the happiest it did make us strong. We might have seen our father die, we may have almost been overwhelmed by unnatural hunger and are currently plummeting towards the ground and all but certain death, but we're not going to give up. We're not going to sob and scream, we're going to face what's happening like a man. You can't imagine Enkidu ever panicking in the face of danger. If this is the end so be it, but you'll face it like a hero.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Smattas already did his part to save us. Now we need a sky giant who can fly. Like, say, Xuriel.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A and J This is so metal.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

SMATTAS! SAVE US! Or help us fly, that's cool too.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
AT I sure hope something startling happens to distract us right before we hit the ground!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Deadmeat5150 posted:

SMATTAS! SAVE US!

This, but also E. Cry out to Smattas between wordless screaming.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
A and H

We're calm because at this point we are the essence of welp embodied

Also sup, storm is coming. Guess we did talk to a god when we were young.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I vote A, and hold my vote on any other action until Sojenus has weighed in. He has a great deal of expertise in the area may be worth listening to.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

LLSix posted:

We're too emotionally exhausted to be anything but calm. Besides, its peaceful up here. No one screaming, nobody getting eaten, nobody hungry, nobody trying to beat us. Just nice gray clouds. It's very calming really. Quite nice if you take the time to think about it.

I really wanted to vote T, but I got to vote the crazy option last time, so I'll vote the character building one this time.

A H

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
A M N.

We shall fall with style. Whilst also making GBS threads ourselves.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
A, N, K: Pray to Sojenus, He Who Falls.

Ralith fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 16, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A, T

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
A&T

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A
J
U - Hold the gate

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009

Ralith posted:

Sojenus god of falling, protect us so that we may fall forever.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

GloriousDemon posted:

Sojenus god of falling, protect us so that we may fall forever.

Sojenus god of falling, guide us, so that our way may be free of obstacles.
Sojenus god of falling, propel us, so that our velocity may remain terminal.
Sojenus god of falling, shield us, so that none may deflect us from our path.
Sojenus god of falling, Sojenus He who Falls, remake us in your image.
May we fall forever.
Amen.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Theglavwen posted:

AJ: I think it fits the character. More seriously, sure, we're utterly exhausted now; terror, hunger, confusion, panic, we've been emotionally abused to an extreme by these events. We have no idea what's going on, there's no sense to this situation any longer, we just can't muster up any more panic, and now that the hunger has suddenly abated, leaving only a gaping emptiness where it once was, there's nothing left to do but revel is the sheer mind-boggling unlikeliness of this situation. For at least a few moments, we're just going to bask in the fact that we're hurling through the air, falling with a legendary hero who just spoke with angels and summoned a storm to free us from the grips of HUNGER personified. We're consorting with heroes and legends and angels and monsters, and wow, isn't that something.

Voting this.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

A+H

We're fresh out of fear,we burned through our fear stockpile a few seconds ago. Either we're about to be saved, in which case we have nothing to worry about, or we're about to fall out of a divine thunderstorm and smash into a regenerating titan-spawned dinosaur at terminal velocity, in which case we're far beyond worrying about anything.

Either way, what we're about to do will likely be one of the most badass things in the history of things, so let's go with it.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Theglavwen posted:

AJ: I think it fits the character. More seriously, sure, we're utterly exhausted now; terror, hunger, confusion, panic, we've been emotionally abused to an extreme by these events. We have no idea what's going on, there's no sense to this situation any longer, we just can't muster up any more panic, and now that the hunger has suddenly abated, leaving only a gaping emptiness where it once was, there's nothing left to do but revel is the sheer mind-boggling unlikeliness of this situation. For at least a few moments, we're just going to bask in the fact that we're hurling through the air, falling with a legendary hero who just spoke with angels and summoned a storm to free us from the grips of HUNGER personified. We're consorting with heroes and legends and angels and monsters, and wow, isn't that something.

I agree with this.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

A + J too.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
AJ

michael knight
Oct 16, 2003

I love pubbies!
A + J remember, the enemy gate is down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Ralith posted:

Yep. This one.