Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Zenostein posted:

I rather thought that was because it looks bad if a corporation attacks an individual, it looks bad. Also, the whole clone lab (or any attachment to a clone lab) thing would be pretty bad for any corporation.

It wouldn't look like anything for the corporation because you don't advertise the fact that you're hiring assassins? Although regardless of why, it's still a fact that they know who's attacking them. IE: The recognized her. Although it'd be silly not to if your whole business is making clones of her...

As for why the Level 5s don't know each other, it's mostly because they're treated as top secret experimental weapons. Mikoto is an exception because she's the "public face" of the city used for advertising to enrolling students (you could even become a Level 5 like her!), which honestly makes it even weirder that people don't recognize her, and Shokuhou is an exception because she's mind-controlling her way into a position of power (it's also questionable if she's really a middle school student, or even if that's her real body), but most of them don't seem to attend school or anything. They're generally more like Accelerator, killing people in back alleys for experiments and stuff. And if they met, they'd probably try to kill each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ViggyNash posted:

That reminds me, they never really mention the other level 5s. Ever.

They showed the mind control girl for about 5 minutes in one of the early episodes of this season, and then we are introduced to this batshit insane Accelerator dude. I really wish some kind of relationship was established between the members of this elite group of only 7. 1.5 seasons in and we've only ever seen 3 of them.
Well, this is sort of the problem with the behemoth that is this franchise. There's plenty of story you could build around just the Level 5's. They're pretty big deals. But outside of a few select ones, they rarely show up in the Index novels, let alone Railgun. So you're going to have to deal with sifting through a lot of poo poo to find where they show up.

We will probably see quite a bit of Mental Out before the end of Railgun (the manga, not this season) by virtue of her being in the same school as Mikoto, but I wouldn't hold my breath for any of the others.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'm kinda curious now how many people here are watching the show cold, and how many are neck-deep into the LN's and manga and already know everything that's gonna happen. Cause the normal reaction to excellent episodes like this isn't "oh hey more action :geno:", it's typically more "what do you think the repercussions of uploading emotions to the MISAKA network is going to be? Why did they call in the scientist girl anyway? How does Meltdowner know where Misaka is headed? How much info was ITEM given about this mission, since it appears that girl who could stop bullets wasn't interested in the clone in the pod and is somewhat aware of what's gonna happen to scientist girl."
Well, the answers to your questions are straightforwardly answered in the episode so there's no real reason to discuss them. I'm saying this as not having read the LN and from the information we learned in this episode.
Basically:
1. The upload failed so nothing is changed. There's a new security system that was installed as shown in the form of Last Order who acts as hub for the Sisters Network.
2. They called in the scientist girl to help them transfer all the data in the facility to a new one because they know they'll be attacked by Misaka sooner or later.
3. Meltdowner knows where Misaka is through the other girl's power. The girl with the Stalker ability or something. Frenda explained the power in this episode.
4. ITEM probably doesn't know much. They were contracted through a 3rd party and only care about doing their job.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Falken posted:

Please elaborate.

I'd like to see a special forces MISAKA team, sort of like RAINBOW. All of them would have British accents for some reason.

Hypersonic bombers with precision SCIENCE! ordnance used to destroy the entire area with saturation bombing, and engineered SPECIFICALLY to kill everything in the state besides Railgun. Then they'd pick her up and fly her home.
Missing parts aren't a problem, they just want the brain alive. If her friends get roasted, well tough luck.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

veekie posted:

Hypersonic bombers with precision SCIENCE! ordnance used to destroy the entire area with saturation bombing, and engineered SPECIFICALLY to kill everything in the state besides Railgun. Then they'd pick her up and fly her home.
Missing parts aren't a problem, they just want the brain alive. If her friends get roasted, well tough luck.

I just finished the light novels. Which story arc are you referring to here? :siren: (Pure LN Spoiler) The Hawaiian Arc storyline?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
So what you're saying is that Academy city is Japan's fantasy of being more America than America :v:

I've started reading the manga, and Shinobu is much less... dignified than the anime. It's eyes, man. The eyes.

The action this episode was totally badass, of course, and if I were to recommend this series to anyone else I'd tell them to just skip Railgun 1 and go dive straight into this one.

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.
I just finished season 1. Not reading the thread until I catch up with this season due to spoilers, but I'll give a few thoughts. (For the record, I know nothing about Index and didn't even know that Mr. Love Interest was from that show until I read the OP just now. I was kinda wondering why he didn't get more screentime but I guess he's too busy with his own adventures).

I really liked the show. For one thing it's probably the most Buffy-like thing I've seen outside of Whedon's work. On the one hand, it isn't quite as witty, but it's also a lot more consistent quality-wise. The only episode that felt like egregious filler was the one about the incompetent antiskill lady. (Well, and the holodeck beach episode, but anime's gonna anime).

Misaka and Kuroko are both great in their own ways, and the other characters aren't bad either. For a show that's obviously aimed at men it seems quite positive in its portrayal of women, fanservice aside; most of the characters are female and most of them are either strong and competent or at least making an effort to get there.

The powers and battles are pretty fun despite being rather tropey ("let's pause our battle to the death to monologue at each other! PS let me explain my entire plan instead of killing you, surely nothing can stop me now!") and the slice-of-life elements sometimes almost reach K-On! levels of :3:.

The plot lacks any great depth or originality (I actually laughed when I found out that Mad Scientist Guy was literally experimenting on orphans) but it serves to drive the drama well enough.

I also like that the setting is quite bright and colourful. Makes a nice break from the dark and gritty.

The fanservice was a bit excessive in the first few episodes but after that was mostly mild enough not to bother me.

Anyway, looking forward to catching up with the new season! I'd watch Index too but I've heard it isn't as good. Maybe after this season ends if I'm still looking for more I'll go back and watch it.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
So I saw some comments describing good parts of Index 2 and I noticed that I didn't remember them. I watched Index 2 and noticed that I had never watched it before, which I forgot.
Started the first episode and immediately remembered why I didn't watch it.

But when you just fast-forward through every episode that doesn't involve Misaka, it actually isn't all terrible.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Dan7el posted:

I just finished the light novels. Which story arc are you referring to here? :siren: (Pure LN Spoiler) The Hawaiian Arc storyline?

Next arc and LN spoiler, directly quoting from text.
No. Thinking of the value of the research being carried out there, they should want to protect Liberal Arts City even if it turned into a long drawn-out war. Liberal Arts City had a special position within America. That large institution was seen as necessary for America. The leaders of the military and the senators would not abandon the city easily.

Which meant…

“They’re being pressured,” said someone else. “Someone is applying enough pressure from the side to overcome our influence.”

When they thought about it, that was the only answer, but they could not think of anyone who had enough influence to crush a request from management. No, there were actually a few people within America who were more powerful than management, but all those people were directly benefited by Liberal Arts City. They would not go out of their way to crush their request.

What had happened?

Just as every member of management was thinking on that same question, they heard a slight bit of static.

Normally, an outside line could not directly connect via the satellite. A secretary-like operator would be contacted first and management would need to give their permission before the line was put through to them.

This connection ignored all that.

An impudent voice reached managements ears.

“You seem to be troubled.”

With just that short sentence, every single member of management’s faces twisted into the exact same expression at the exact same time. The expression was one of displeasure.

They recognized that voice.

It belonged to someone who could greatly influence the world even more than management.

That person was the head of Japan’s psychic powers development institution, Academy City.

He was Board Chairman Aleister.

“You seem to be having some difficulties with some attacks from an unknown enemy. If you like, we could send some reinforcements.”

Upon hearing that, all of their thoughts moved in the same direction.

With that proposal and with that timing, Aleister had to have been the one who had prevented the American air force from sending reinforcements. They didn’t know how he had done it, but he must have. It was not normal for any Japanese aircraft to take military actions in American territory. Quite a bit of preliminary preparations had to be carried out before that could even be said as a joke.

“Don’t tell me,” said one of the members of management, “that you are the one behind these incidents. I do not think those Mixcoatls are made from normal scientific technology. We were thinking of using them because we thought they were different from the kind of things Academy City uses. But if they are yours…”

“Of course they are not,” Aleister said in an unconcerned voice.

There was no sign of him being surprised at being distrusted.

“But it is true that you have come into contact with one of the truths of the world.”

“Truths?”

“You could also call it an agreement. At any rate, there is a world that the likes of you cannot understand.”

He was completely speaking down to them.

Clear hate wrapped around the five members of management who had somehow managed to be given special privileges within the country of the world police.

“Oh, right. I have a question for you,” said Aleister ignoring the awkward silence as if to say it was worthless. “If Liberal Arts City itself were to be turned to scraps floating in the sea, would you be able to play that off as a show?”

District 23 of Japan’s Academy City specialized in research in the aviation and space industries. It had countless runways prepared both large and small. In one area of runways, a number of 100-meter airplanes were lined up.

They were HsB-02s, Academy City’s supersonic stealth bombers.

Those monstrous planes could fly through the air at over 7000 kph, so they could reach America from Japan in just under 2 hours.

Those giant bombers were being filed with various types of explosives including special bombs that could destroy facilities deep within the earth and bombs called synchronous multilayer bombs that would utterly destroy only the area designated. That equipment was a variation known as Style 3. With just that, they could utterly annihilate something like a manmade island.

“…So the time has finally come to use this stuff,” said a young mechanic working on one of the bombers. The pilot sipping cold coffee next to him responded coldly.

“I don’t think something on Level A Standby will be sent out so easily.”

“Well, yeah, but…”

“You put that thing on the nose of the plane, right? From the briefing I received, apparently that’s a prototype AIM sensor. It can detect the location of a specific esper within the wide bombing area.”

“So the plan is to precisely bomb while avoiding the areas with the students?”

“That would be nice.” The pilot must not have been able to stand the flavor of the coffee because he flipped the cup upside down and poured the remaining drink onto the asphalt. “Given the performance of the sensor and the height from which we’ll be bombing, only an exceedingly strong and characteristic AIM diffusion field will be detectable. I’d say only something in the Level 5 class.”

“Wait, but that means…”

“I’m pretty sure there’s one of them down there. It seems they want to at least recover the most valuable one, but they don’t seem to care about the others. And even if we could detect all of the espers by their AIM diffusion fields, what about the teachers leading the trip there? Only the esper students emit AIM diffusion fields. …The higher ups clearly have no intention of saving all the others.” The pilot lightly shook the empty cup. “Just pray that loving alarm doesn’t ring.”

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Shinobu going to be all right? She's going to be rescued next episode, isn't she? :ohdear:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Okay I really don't like how they ended the Sister's arc in the manga in the least interesting way. No wonder everyone hates that stupid loving character.

The next couple of episodes, on the other hand, are going to be spectacular.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, THAT was a cool fight. Frenda is going to be in so much trouble for this.

loving Touma, get out of my good anime already.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Why isn't there Alice Megatroid fanart of Mikasa already? That was great. I think Mikasa should have Metal filled Dolls as a part of her regular arsenal.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Railgun has now caught up to the start of the Sisters arc in Index. They'll most likely retell the story through Misaka's point of view in the coming episodes so if you want it through Touma's view you can start watching from episode 10 of Index (that episode starts off with the vending machine scene so it starts where this episode stops).

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Raenir Salazar posted:

Why isn't there Alice Megatroid fanart of Mikasa already? That was great. I think Mikasa should have Metal filled Dolls as a part of her regular arsenal.
You're the reason why there's Mikasa Ackerman fanart with her dressed in a Tokiwadai uniform. (Good job)

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is anyone going to rescue poor Shinobu? :ohdear:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

That was a really great fight.
But now Misaka can live on happily.
I really hope they won't drag out the parts with Touma. I would much rather have more wacky slice of live with Kuroko.

JosephWongKS posted:

Is anyone going to rescue poor Shinobu? :ohdear:
Manga Spoiler. No, she is never heard from again.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

tonberrytoby posted:

Manga Spoiler. No, she is never heard from again.
Manga Spoiler. I reckon that she'll show up later in the Railgun manga. There is still lots of potential storyline for the Sisters.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Falken posted:

Manga Spoiler. I reckon that she'll show up later in the Railgun manga. There is still lots of potential storyline for the Sisters.
If you recall the first season, the story from the Level Upper arc was actually resolved in the anime-only second half. Going into this season I figured they'd do something similar, since they can't do much more of the manga after this arc as it's still on-going.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Hmm, yeah. At the very least if they retell the latter half of the Sisters arc that we have already seen in Index, from Misaka's point of view there is literally no reason to watch Index apart from Accelerator.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I think I rewatched this bit from this week's episode three or four times:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
General questions about the series and not this episode or arc in particular:

So far in Railgun anime seasons 1 and 2, we've seen four of the Level 5s - Misaka, Mugino, Accelerator and Misaki. The first three have enormous destructive power, and mind-control is always a game-breaking ability, especially when you are able to control an entire library-full of people at once.

1. Has the light novels or other sources addressed the issue of what the other Espers in the series would be able to do if they reached Level 5? E.g.:

Kuroko's teleportation
Kongou's propulsion
Konori's X-ray vision
Haruue's telepathy
Uiharu's ability to "keep temperature constant"
The gang leader girl's ability to manipulate asphalt
The bank robber's Equal Speed

2. What are the city authorities thinking, trying to turn Accelerator into a Level 6? As it stands, he's already an outstanding nutcase - why are they trying to make him of all people more powerful?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Well, Accelerator wants to be level 6 so nobody bothers him more than anything. However... power corrupts.

Kuroko's power is already pretty OP, but at level 5 she could probably teleport things without touching them, and teleport bigger, heavier things to longer distances. Remember This Scene in Battlestar Galactica? She could probably do that. Drop a cargo ship on her enemies.

Kongou would be able to to create wind storms and likely use the power to fly.

Konori's power could see further into things, making her the most useful car mechanic in the world. Just a quick glance and she can tell your clutch has broken.

Nobody cares about Haruue.

Uiharu's ability might evolve into being able to change the temperature of things so she could freeze or melt things on touch.

No idea on Gang Leader Girl's power.

Bank Robber's Equal Speed would allow for more, heavier things to be sent for longer distances.

Saten's ability is pretty much the same as Kongou's "Aero Hand", so with some hard work and determination she could be a level 1 I believe.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I kind of envisioned Kuroko's Level 5 power being similar (although not as powerful) as a First Guardian from Homestuck. Basically full mastery over "space" in general.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

"space", a.k.a. "figuratively getting into Misaka's pants at every opportunity"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
I always liked the theory that Uiharu had control over entropy at higher levels, essentially she could make herself important (and why her flower hat seems to never wither). :shobon:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

I always liked the theory that Uiharu had control over entropy at higher levels, essentially she could make herself important (and why her flower hat seems to never wither). :shobon:

I read somewhere that Uiharu's hairband is fake flowers. Though I do also like the idea of her power turning into some kind of temperature control like if she got into a scrap with he girl with control over water she'd just shut her down by evaporating it. I also now have the imag of an L5 Kuroko doing a bit from Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy on Misaka.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 16, 2013

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

The light novels touch on the abilities of the teleporters. Among the variations is the ability to only teleport things they are touching, things they're not touching, themselves, others, etc. A big part of it is teleportation range and capacity. The light novels don't specifically spell this out, but you get the impression that Kuroko needs to drastically increase her range and carrying capacity if she's going to get to level 5. Mind you, level 4 is pretty significant. It's at the very powerful range, but not the super-awesome-mega-powerful range that Mikoto and other level 5's are at.

I would imagine that a teleporter would need some kind of clairvoyance capacity. You'd "look ahead" to the location you're teleporting to. Is there someone standing in the space you're going to pop into? What are the exact coordinates you'll be placing yourself? While there is mention of dimensional calculations, there's no specific description of this kind of ability in the light novels. Kuroko and her fellow teleporters are just able to figure out where they go somehow with amazing accuracy with some sort of scientific-handwaving ability.

With that said, I kept waiting for Mugino to get fatigued herself in this last episode. I don't understand why Mikoto gets to become exhausted but Mugino is able to shoot her power beams full on for huge gobs of time without getting tired. Talk about an overpowered enemy.

Another interesting thing is that of the seven level 5 psi-users, we only have names for six of them. The sixth is never mentioned. Regardless, it seems that quite a few of these level 5's are (light novels spoiler) heavily involved with the dark side of Academy City. Numbers 1, 2, and 4.

What's the deal with all the Kamijou Touma hate?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Misaka spent a lot of energy chasing Frenda and avoiding/shielding herself against the dolls, then got beaten up some. Mugino was completely fresh.

I also get the impression that Mugino has more raw power and Misaka is ranked higher because her ability seems to have a much wider array of applications and she can use it much more accurately. Like how she can bounce around on walls easily while Mugino hurt herself just trying to cushion a fall by blasting downwards.

Parpy
Oct 23, 2009

Ducklings have been known to imprint on, and imitate, species in close vicinity -- especially cats and dogs.

~SMcD
Manga out of the way, I'm about to embark on the light novels. From what I understand from light novel spoilers I've read, teleporters wear the lightest clothing possible as A. reduce mass as much as they can and B. any discomfort at all dampens their ability to calculate 11 dimensions on the fly. Pain will essentially shut a teleporter right down Index spoiler(e.g. the mere thought of trauma in Awaki's case; Kuroko banged up and buried beneath a bunch of desks, rendered completely helpless), because they need full spatial awareness and pain directs their focus inwardly. Partially explains why Awaki wears a scant few bandages and Kuroko's undergarments are light lingerie (well, aside from her being a huge mikotosexual perv). It's basically something to that effect, right?

Dan7el posted:

With that said, I kept waiting for Mugino to get fatigued herself in this last episode. I don't understand why Mikoto gets to become exhausted but Mugino is able to shoot her power beams full on for huge gobs of time without getting tired. Talk about an overpowered enemy.

Misaka'd been running herself ragged for days on end with little rest and in constant emotional and mental overload leading up to her assault on this second last facility. I doubt Mugino put herself through a fraction of that intense exertion in the days leading up to this encounter.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dan7el posted:

There is literally nothing to his character. He has no personality and is as one note as they come. Indirectly speaking he is also the main tie to the Magic Side, which is by far the worse half.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"

Nate RFB posted:

There is literally nothing to his character. He has no personality and is as one note as they come. Indirectly speaking he is also the main tie to the Magic Side, which is by far the worse half.

It's bad when one of your characters is literally more shallow than the average viewpoint from your typical crappy visual novel.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Dan7el posted:

In addition to what was mentioned, his tendency for long-winded monologuing and his ability being used in the most boring way possible made me drop Index 1 after the second arc, and never look back. He took every ounce of tension and excitement out of the fighting, and it's not like he brought an exciting character to the table in return.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In the case of Kuroko, (light novel / anime spoilers) the series later introduces Musujime Awaki, another level 4 teleporter. Awaki has (at maximum) a teleportation distance of 800 meters to Kuroko's 81.5 meters, and a weight limit of around 4,500 kg to Kuroko's 130 kg. To add on to that, unlike Kuroko, Awaki can teleport things without needing to touch them. And she's still a level 4, though a slew of mental issues and trauma are the reason for her being stuck at 4. So yeah, an inkling of what a level 5 Kuroko would be capable of, I think.

In the context of main characters, I sorta wish they'd make Gunha a main character. He's pretty much a better version of Touma in my opinion, though I don't really dislike Touma. I do agree that the science side is much more interesting than the magic side.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Dan7el posted:

I would imagine that a teleporter would need some kind of clairvoyance capacity. You'd "look ahead" to the location you're teleporting to. Is there someone standing in the space you're going to pop into? What are the exact coordinates you'll be placing yourself? While there is mention of dimensional calculations, there's no specific description of this kind of ability in the light novels. Kuroko and her fellow teleporters are just able to figure out where they go somehow with amazing accuracy with some sort of scientific-handwaving ability.
Awaki was well on the way to becoming a level 5, until she teleported into a floor and lost a good deal of skin from her leg, which I imagine was quite traumatic. Hence why she's afraid of teleporting..

Mikoto being exhausted was pretty clear, what with her pushed to her limits over the last few days. Something of note is that when Mugino kicks her in the stomach, Mikoto is glad she hadn't eaten in the last couple days otherwise she would have thrown up.

On the subject of Mugino, I found out that she (Light Novel Spoilers!): kills Frenda via cutting her in half at the waist with her Meltdowner power. Kind of :stare: when you remember Frenda saying "I nearly lost my legs!" in her fight with Mikoto.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

JosephWongKS posted:

1. Has the light novels or other sources addressed the issue of what the other Espers in the series would be able to do if they reached Level 5? E.g.:

As far as I know, the only character whose power has been specifically extrapolated to Level 5 in the novels is Takitsubo ("AIM Stalker", that girl from ITEM as seen in this episode and the previous).

Apparently, (light novel spoilers)since her power is to see and interact with AIM fields, if she was level 5 she could copy esper powers, change esper powers, level espers up, create espers, etc. As you might imagine, the City really wanted her to be Level 5 since it would basically change the whole Academy City paradigm. Which is why they developed power-boosting drugs and whatnot for her, although by the time she joins ITEM they've basically given up.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 16, 2013

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Parpy posted:

Pain will essentially shut a teleporter right down Index spoiler(e.g. the mere thought of trauma in Awaki's case; Kuroko banged up and buried beneath a bunch of desks, rendered completely helpless), because they need full spatial awareness and pain directs their focus inwardly.

They just needed an excuse to make her not totally overpowered.
See also (Warning, this references scenes in the index anime)

Tamba fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 16, 2013

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Does she teleport those nails into the air and lets terminal velocity do their thing to impact the ground or does she telefrag them into the ground/target's clothes?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I would think that Kuroko at level 5 would get more fine control over her power. More similar to Accelerator's powers then to something flashy. Being able to teleport flying bullets behind her. Or probably a sensing ability too.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Does she teleport those nails into the air and lets terminal velocity do their thing to impact the ground or does she telefrag them into the ground/target's clothes?
I think it's the telefraging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Kuroko at level 5 would basically be Kuroko as she is now, only involved in the plot again. :v:

Also, I think my favourite part of last episode was when Misaka grabbed the edge of that walkway because she pulled herself to it with magnetics. I thought that was a really clever twist on an old trope.

Falken posted:

On the subject of Mugino, I found out that she (Light Novel Spoilers!)

:stare:

Maybe I should stop reading every spoiler in this thread and actually read the books...

Nah.

• Locked thread