Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
A, F: ask him who (along with him) saved me, and from what, exactly?

.....and G. Just. Just because. One day, having an artifact of our ancestry could be an interesting thing. So long as, you know, we don't try to summon lightning with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Diogines, how does our hand look? is the cut still there?

There is no indication your hand was ever cut at all, no line, no scab, no scar. The flesh is unharmed.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
What happened to the water we coughed up? Is it all on the ground?

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

Eryxias posted:

Option B: Stand up

Option D & F: Tell Ishamal about the stuff you saw and felt(particularly that fish dude) see what he knows about it.

Option H

This. We need to tell people about this and our last vision or whatever it was. This poo poo is obviously important

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

There is no indication your hand was ever cut at all, no line, no scab, no scar. The flesh is unharmed.

Buh what? This raises all sorts of questions. Who healed our hand? Whoever Ishamal was praying to? Asherah is evil (no doubt about that), but maybe Asherah wasn't going to eat us. Perhaps he was going to reclaim his priest. I don't know.

I guess these are questions Diogines can't answer, since our character did not have the awareness to notice being healed.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Jumping on the BDH bandwagon!

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Buh what? This raises all sorts of questions. Who healed our hand? Whoever Ishamal was praying to? Asherah is evil (no doubt about that), but maybe Asherah wasn't going to eat us. Perhaps he was going to reclaim his priest. I don't know.

I guess these are questions Diogines can't answer, since our character did not have the awareness to notice being healed.

He said that we would be eaten. Asherah doesn't save, it eats.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

tarepanda posted:

He said that we would be eaten. Asherah doesn't save, it eats.

On one hand, that is what the GM and all of our childhood stories say. On the other hand, that picture of Asherah kind of looks like a fish Batman.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
BDG

Specifically tell Ishmael that there is a cursed sharks tooth in the forest that must be destroyed

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Well it also wasn't explicit that that picture represented Asherah. Considering how fast we were going and the fact we were getting hurt along the way, I doubt Asherah was trying to reclaim us for anything that could be construed as a good end result for us.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Maybe that's what the angels look like :ohdear:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

SerSpook posted:

Nope, gently caress you Asherah tooth. If we gotta have something from this pantheon, let's get a claw of Smis or something.

Voting this.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

SerSpook posted:

Nope, gently caress you Asherah tooth. If we gotta have something from this pantheon, let's get a claw of Smis or something.

Also agreeing. Asherah tooth has been nothing but trouble.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

On one hand, that is what the GM and all of our childhood stories say. On the other hand, that picture of Asherah kind of looks like a fish Batman.

I don't think there's any doubt anymore that Asherah does not give a poo poo and will kill us. It's also clear that Diogines is sticking to the world he created, and will not reshape it according to what we want it to be.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Given the obvious failure of the angels in killing Asharak I'm wondering if there's now an angel stuck inside Asherah Jonah style being constantly basted in demon-fish-stomach-juice. Maybe that's why the voice is always so small?

Then again, according to the OP, the angels created the pre-human creatures without strict direction from god (rather than going out to slay monsters). The major monsters might be creatures that were made by the angels emulating god, they're really powerful because their creators invested a lot of their flesh/power into them.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
"Save for years of hardship."

Voting A. Nothing else.

We've exhausted ourselves entirely fighting off a supernatural hunger that would drive an adult insane, merely by virtue of a child's imagination and perseverance. We have nothing left. "Save for years of hardship," the voice tells us. We have nothing to save other than our energy, and we can only do that by resting. Ishamal can carry us back.

michael knight
Oct 16, 2003

I love pubbies!

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

I can't tell what font the 'Save (it?) for years of hardship' was in, I'm tempted to think it was Asherah, kind of, since an pic of him showed up right after, bloody jaws and all.

Going with the 'when hes hungry, something has to get eaten - fact' of our stories, maybe he ate the lightning bolt and got temporarily satisfied by some hero/godpower, enough to say something semi rational?, until he immediately hungered again anyway, possibly for more El goodness.

Maybe it was referring to the tooth/his worship?, As in 'during Job-esque years of hardship, you'll be back, you'll see who answers your prayers then'.

Or something like that, theories and such

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 17, 2013

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

B, D&F, G Maxhush's theory, plus our coughing up seawater, seeing Asherah and then surviving the fall, makes me think that the tooth could come in very handy later.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Diogines posted:

How about our scalp scar?

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
I'm definately wondering who these messages are coming from. They can be coming from Asherah, from El, from one of his sons, from literally anyone. Also, kinda feel bad for Asherah now. Dude's just hungry, not his fault.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That tooth is an evil tooth and we must tell the others to destroy it and all its evilness

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
BFH

Tell Ishamal about the Tooth and that it should be taken care of by someone more powerful than us.

Thank Ishamal for saving us first. Then ask "Why did you save me? Who did you pray to? How are we alive?"

We seem to have overlooked something. There was seawater in our lungs, we felt wet and cold and smelt sea salt. Did we land in the sea? If not ask Ishamal if we did. He may have fought off Asherah himself...

Lanky Coconut Tree fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 17, 2013

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

/
Thank both El firstly and then Ishamal for the cause of our life's continuance.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
BDH

But if we see it on the way back pick up the tooth. I also like the idea of lashing it to a stick and chopping at enemies, then watching them go flying up and out to the horizon.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Also voting ask Ishamal "Why did you save me?", and to warn him that the tooth should be destroyed, in addition to my previous choices.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

DCBomB posted:

How about our scalp scar?

You reach up to touch the scar atop your scalp where hair does not grow. It is a bit tender to your touch and you do not feel any new hair, but the scar tissue seems to be gone.

tarepanda posted:

It is water. Some of it is on your chest, some is seeping into the forest floor. There was not buckets worth of it.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 17, 2013

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Anything physically different about us that we can see? No loss of limbs or fingers/toes?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Anything physically different about us that we can see? No loss of limbs or fingers/toes?

Or an addition of fingers/toes?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Not that you can see, no.

tarepanda posted:

It is water. Some of it is on your chest, some is seeping into the forest floor. There was not buckets worth of it.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

Diogines posted:

You reach up to touch the scar atop your scalp where hair does not grow. It is a bit tender to your touch and you do not feel any new hair, but the scar tissue seems to be gone.

So anything that happened to us related to Asherah, from our drowning to any wounds appears to have disappeared. Not sure exactly what happened, but this could have been something along the lines of an exorcism of Asherah possessing our body, or a renunciation of our faith to Asherah by a holy/divine person (Ishamal, whether he is just a very devout warrior monk, possessed by an angel or an angel in disguise). This is probably our last second chance, no turning back now.

Edit: Clarified my wording.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 17, 2013

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
1. B - Get up and get that adrenaline going. Now's a good time to ask questions before we're mobbed by people wanting explanations we can't give.

2. F - Thank him for helping us, but most importantly, ask him what the hell just happened, if he knows what was going to happen to us, and how it was stopped.
Also, ask him who he is, but holy carp that was awesome, can we do it again without the ravenous hunger part?

3. H - It may be an heirloom of our heritage, but gently caress that tooth. Tell Ishmael about it in case we see it along the trail, and that while we thought we seen it used to create lightning before, we had no idea it would backfire against us quite like that.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

HiHo ChiRho posted:

So anything that happened to us related to Asherah, from our drowning to any wounds appears to have disappeared. Not sure exactly what happened, but this could have been something along the lines of an exorcism is Asherah possessed our body, or a renunciation of our faith to Asherah. This is probably our last second chance, no turning back now.

Oh. Well that seems like a logical answer to my question of who healed us.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
So not flying anymore. Bummer. On the upside also not dead and apparently quite healed.

B,F,H

To Ish: "Did you call me foolish?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

The scar was caused by a normal stone knife when you were 4.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I really think we should try communicating the message to others to see if it's the words that have power or if it depends on who says them. We can understand the king and his heroes only when they talk about El. Trying to tell them that a storm is coming and that we need to save for years of hardship can't hurt. At worst it's unintelligible gibberish.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Algid posted:

I really think we should try communicating the message to others to see if it's the words that have power or if it depends on who says them. We can understand the king and his heroes only when they talk about El. Trying to tell them that a storm is coming and that we need to save for years of hardship can't hurt. At worst it's unintelligible gibberish.

Vote for this too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Algid posted:

A good idea, but this doesn't seem like the time for it. Try reminding the thread about it when things chill out and our character is back with everyone else.