Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

Trash Boat posted:

I guess it was only a matter of time before MRA's started arguing on the poll. The comments from the person arguing him were deleted, though the comments are still worth reading on their own.

Also of note is the fact that his profile image is a memoriam to Thomas Ball.
That was me. That Chandrapal guy is so insufferable and smug you wouldn't even believe it without seeing his posts. He, without a hint of irony, quoted Valerie Solanas as a serious feminist writer.

Strange Charm has a new favorite as of 04:50 on Jun 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Magna Kaser posted:

It would probably blow his mind if he realized Jesus spoke primarily Aramaic and not English, and as a result used a word that probably sounded a fair bit like Allah instead of "god".

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but the Aramaic word for God (at least one of them) is "Elah," which is where the word "Allah" comes from.

I had to explain to my ultra-conservative uncle that Arabic is a Semitic language derived from Aramaic.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

PBJ posted:

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but the Aramaic word for God (at least one of them) is "Elah," which is where the word "Allah" comes from.

I had to explain to my ultra-conservative uncle that Arabic is a Semitic language derived from Aramaic.

Ironically, that's the one that most Christians should know as it's the one Jesus cries out during his crucifixion. :eng101:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

socilest butthomo posted:

That was me. That Chandrapal guy is so insufferable and smug you wouldn't even believe it without seeing his posts. He, without a hint of irony, quoted Valerie Solanas as a serious feminist writer.

He also just told me that Imperial Feminism Redux by Saadia Moor explains how feminism has killed tons of men or whatever. From what I can gather, the main idea of the paper is that Western feminism has influenced western imperialism through support of the White Man's Burden concept. Feminists totally invented the White Man's Burden, sure.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

PBJ posted:

But the Bible is written in English, so that's what Jesus spoke! Explain that with your so-called science, Einstein.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Ironically, that's the one that most Christians should know as it's the one Jesus cries out during his crucifixion. :eng101:
I always saw it written as "Eli" or "Eloi." Which makes it more of a cognitive jump, at least, to Allah.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Usually my family and friends are pretty good, but unnnnnnngh...

She works at a day care and is Canadian. I have no loving clue where she got this picture.

This one I just plain don't understand.

GreenMetalSun has a new favorite as of 15:03 on Jun 17, 2013

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

GreenMetalSun posted:

These have been around quite a while too, the old "unless you state otherwise" contracts that supposedly exist.

I kinda want to start a new hoax along the same lines.

"ATTENTION! If you ever have to fill out any government forms that instruct you to use black or blue ink, use a red pen! No matter what the clerk insists, filling out these forms in black or blue signs an agreement to allow government surveillance of your property and internet history without requiring a warrant! Using a red pen is the ONLY way to exempt yourself from this new government scheme! YOU MUST COPY AND PASTE to 10 friends or your true love will die next friday. Like for happiness. Share for love. Comment for fertility. Only 2% will be BRAVE enough to pass this on, are you a yellow bellied CHICKEN?"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

GreenMetalSun posted:

:allears: Why is it always the UCC? Even in Canada, they refer to the US UCC.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

GreenMetalSun posted:

What I learned from the only episode I saw: Beards, Farting, Christian.

Augmentropy
May 26, 2013

GreenMetalSun posted:

CNN is sensationalist garbage almost completely devoid of worthwhile content, even by comparison to Duck Dynasty. A Good Ecard.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Is :byodood: INSECT VIRUSES :byodood: supposed to make it scarier?

It reminds me of things that say "x is dangerous, it has chemicals in it!"

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Spalec posted:

Turns out the insect based vaccine is real, but yeah that part is scare mongering. If you actually read an article on it and aren't scared of a little genetic modification, it sounds like a great advancement. It can be produced in much greater quantities than in previous methods, purports to be 45% effective against all strains in circulation, and is suitable for sufferers of egg allergies.

But y'know :byodood:INSECTS:byodood:

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
For that matter, what makes eggs any better? ~*~ CHICKEN FETUSES~*~ A HOLOCAUST EVERY WINTER

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Man-made is evil. Chickens make eggs, not men.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Spalec posted:

I also love how the text below the picture rambles about how they aren't making vaccines the "traditonal" way this time. Because nothing screams tradition like the constantly changing science of vaccinations!

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Spalec posted:

As someone that is not an insect, I can't imagine why it would bother me :shrug:

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Funny I seem to have missed this in my 'women are better than men 101' class

Also this gem

edit: I'm pretty sure I came across his sister's Fetlife profile a few days ago. Apparently she's quite a dom- things are unironically starting to make a little more sense.

thunderspanks has a new favorite as of 18:46 on Jun 17, 2013

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Iceberg-Slim posted:

For that matter, what makes eggs any better? ~*~ CHICKEN FETUSES~*~ A HOLOCAUST EVERY WINTER

Chicken periods, not fetuses. :colbert:

Unless you really like balut.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

thunderspanks posted:

Funny I seem to have missed this in my 'women are better than men 101' class

Also this gem

edit: I'm pretty sure I came across his sister's Fetlife profile a few days ago. Apparently she's quite a dom- things are unironically starting to make a little more sense.

Wow this guy must have the finest of fedoras.

In Canada, could you make a rebuttal saying... Can't pass a drug test, then you don't get medical care

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I've seen this shared four times, all from "Mah guns!" people. The best part is that it was posted by "Protect the Second Amendment".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Here's a vaccine!

"This has all kinds of weird man-made chemicals in it. Booo unnatural medicine!"

Ok, here's a new vaccine. It's got natural elements in it.

"This thing is full of gross bugs. Boo natural medicine!"

I think the only OK vaccine would be one made of orange peels and aloe.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I forget, it's been so long since I've seen that show... But wasn't that skit lampooning that kind of mindset?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Regalingualius posted:

I forget, it's been so long since I've seen that show... But wasn't that skit lampooning that kind of mindset?

It wouldn't surprise me if American Dad is like The Colbert Report in that it has a large number of conservative fans who don't realize they're being made fun of.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The entirety of American Dad is making fun of conservatives.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It's because the Conservatives that agree with the show don't realize how loving crazy and funny their views are.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
WHAT THE CHRIST

This guy has posted creepy anime poo poo in the past, but this is a new loving level

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

trapped mouse posted:

WHAT THE CHRIST

This guy has posted creepy anime poo poo in the past, but this is a new loving level

Who the gently caress likes that? I hope they're both on watchlists.

Seriously, how much self-awareness must you be lacking to think announcing to the world via Facebook that you're a pedophile is totally ok.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

trapped mouse posted:

WHAT THE CHRIST

Maybe the original dude is actually studying about paedophiles and their prevalency and whatnot?
I don't have the slightest idea, I'm not sure I want to believe someone would be that... stupid? Jesus.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

trapped mouse posted:

WHAT THE CHRIST

Wikipedia actually has a picture for the page? :cry:
"But it's not pedophilia, it's ~*lolicon*~! You have to appreciate the rich story and complex characters and..."

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Silly Hippie posted:

Who the gently caress likes that? I hope they're both on watchlists.

Seriously, how much self-awareness must you be lacking to think announcing to the world via Facebook that you're a pedophile is totally ok.

Funnily enough, the person who liked his status is a young-ish girl. All sorts, I guess...

Serperoth posted:

Maybe the original dude is actually studying about paedophiles and their prevalency and whatnot?
I don't have the slightest idea, I'm not sure I want to believe someone would be that... stupid? Jesus.

Nope. Dude has posted a picture of himself cuddling with an anime body pillow of a buxom 16 year old anime character, and posts weird stuff about anime girls all the time. I guarantee that this was meant in the creepiest way possible.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

trapped mouse posted:

Nope. Dude has posted a picture of himself cuddling with an anime body pillow of a buxom 16 year old anime character, and posts weird stuff about anime girls all the time. I guarantee that this was meant in the creepiest way possible.

That does seem infinitely more likely.
Then again, if he's already into that sort of poo poo, why would he be "studying" the Wikipedia page?
Am I overthinking this creepy idiot on facebook?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Serperoth posted:

That does seem infinitely more likely.
Then again, if he's already into that sort of poo poo, why would he be "studying" the Wikipedia page?

I imagine he's supposed to be revising for his exams, but is instead indulging in his hobbies and is joking that he's "studying" because technically looking at encyclopedia articles is a kind of studying

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Tardigrade posted:

Wikipedia actually has a picture for the page? :cry:
"But it's not pedophilia, it's ~*lolicon*~! You have to appreciate the rich story and complex characters and..."

You think that's bad? :nms::nws: Let me remind all of you about the futanari page. :nws::nms:

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

The SCUM are still at it. I'm gonna go agitate for having that page removed, because this kind of bullshit needs to be stomped into the ground.

And finally:

Notice how the posts regress in nature until we reach the bottom with "GRAA BEAT WOMEN."

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
How strongly have Facebook's new policies on hatespeach against women come down on these people? Because it seems like a lot of them are still going strong, even if they can't post pictures of women literally getting their skulls bashed in, accompanied by a "witty" joke.

I just can't believe it took this long for them to change their policies on this poo poo.

Edit: The comment I made when I linked to that site isn't an exageration, so be careful before clicking on it.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
FYI this out of all the pictures in the "Unpacking the 'F' word" group is the post they made that "Keep Calm and Smash Feminism" poster in response to.

quote:

"There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologeticlly herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty." -steve maraboli

I think it's a silly and sappy quote, but apparently the correct response to it is kill feminism.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

socilest butthomo posted:

The SCUM are still at it. I'm gonna go agitate for having that page removed, because this kind of bullshit needs to be stomped into the ground.

They even deleted the posts I made, this is amazing. :allears:

Went ahead and reported them for hate speech against gender/orientation. Everyone else should do it too, these guys don't belong on the Internet.

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

Well you see

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

These people own. I said something to the effect that "the reason you're deleting me is that you can't tolerate a contrary opinion so you just delete it" and he responds "good bye."

I wonder how many of those people (all of them) got really angry when Anita Sarkeesian disabled comments on her videos.

• Locked thread