Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Voting F and O: We're not taking the cloak because we're instead joining Ishamal inside of it. We're going to lean on him for support while urging him to move as fast as we can manage, too.

*edit* fixed excessive bolding.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
G and O: Same reason for both, really: we're embarassed, we've been shamed, or at least really smacked down; we've been saved by this great hero, but saved from poo poo we must feel like we brought on ourself, through our childish attempts at being a hero. The last thing we want to do is make a further fuss, or seem weak, or really draw attention to ourself at all, so we keep going, determined not to gently caress up even more, and we keep our mouth shut, out of shame, chagrin, embarassment, whatever.

Of course, not asking for a cloak or admitting our exhaustion may be just as stupid a move, but that's a degree of forethought that is out of Og's depth.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

D + I

If we're that dead tired I can imagine we'd have a Freudian slip and refer to ourselves as Og.

No cloak, just one foot in front of the other- we get pneumonia Ishamael can just punch/stab it out of us. He is the Narod of Zepath.

XOXO
Mar 8, 2013

Ask me about being weaker than a 60 year-old British woman.

I'm still not ready to turn our back on Jorah and Pagem. Jorah was a big part of our life, a strong man, and we wouldn't want to shame him by giving up.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
E K Old men are the coolest. I'm going to be an old man someday.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
C I

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

EI. Ishamal is the coolest guy in the world right now and we can't disappoint him.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
C,O. It would simply never occur to us to ask for the cloak.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

A Terrible Person posted:

Voting F and O: We're not taking the cloak because we're instead joining Ishamal inside of it. We're going to lean on him for support while urging him to move as fast as we can manage, too.

+1 to this

We can't become a hero if we get pneumonia and die in a haunted forest. If we even manage to mumble a prayer to El to grant us strength, we'll fall asleep halfway through it. Ishmael is a cool dude, he'll understand, and later it will turn into a story of humility.

"Now even as a boy, King Og-Enki was wise beyond his years. He knew that if he remained proud and refused to ask for help when needed, his exhausted body would sicken and die. He humbly turned his face to the Angel and said, "Great Ishmael, my mortal body is not as magnificent as yours, and I fear sleep will soon overtake me on this journey. Already I can feel a chill enter my bones. I humbly beseech you, let me take shelter inside your cloak as you stride to camp." And the Angel laughed, for they both spoke the language of El, and it was so. For El rewards the humble, who save their strength for the hardships ahead."

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
E and O

You've had your first flying lesson, resisted unnatural hunger and got saved by an awesome dude, you barely care about mundane things like the cold or tiredness. Not that they don't matter, but all things are relative.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Voting this. We can lean on him or grab his belt or something.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
OPTION E: Ishamal just did... whatever the hell he just did. What the hell DID he just do anyway? That is a good question. You don't want to embarrass yourself by giving up in front of him. You want to BE like him! He would never give up so you won't either! Keep going!

OPTION J: You are not a hero, you are a child. You are cold and tired and a little scared and in a strange place away from everything you know and just want someone to comfort you and make it all better. If the only comfort you can get right now is to be a little warmer, you will most certainly take it. You are cold! You ask for his cloak. No one else has any outrageous expectations for you and no one thinks you are a hero, who are you bothering to pretend for?

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
1. E - Ishamal an awesome dude, if we can keep up pace with him, we are awesome by proxy. That's how these things work, right? :v:
2. O - Don't take the cloak from an old guy, but see if we can share it with him while we walk. :shobon:

Walkin Goon fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 18, 2013

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
E and I

cxp
Mar 27, 2010
Fun Shoe
E and J

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
C, D, F, and K I don't feel that any of these are mutually exclusive.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
E and N because a hero needs a cloak!

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
F and J

baby picture
Aug 7, 2004

I wish I could press a button and a rope would instantly tie around my ankle and I would be hung out of the highest window of the highest skyscraper in the world

This. Even if we pass out and fall on our face! Which we probably will!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Voting E

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Changing my vote to this (formerly voted E, I).

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

It's been a long, hard, confusing, scary day.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
and

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

my dad posted:

Why are you guys so cruel to Og? :( I'm all for bravado, but he already bravely went through some crazy poo poo without panicking like a child of his age should be expected to. Right now, he's a tired kid who has had his share of adventure and wants to go home. Ask Ishmail to carry you and give you his cloak.

This dude knows what's up. But still, we're Og of the People. We've been wet almost every day of our life. We probably learned how to swim before we learned how to walk. We're not going to steal the cloak off the back of the old man who just saved our lives because we're wet.

I really hope Ishamal isn't offended we're asking to be carried. He did say he's not a donkey. :(

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
CK all the way. Passing out on the way because we didn't want to ask for help will probably impress Ishamal. And I'm assuming that El helps those who help themselves.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Puella Magissima posted:

CK all the way. Passing out on the way because we didn't want to ask for help will probably impress Ishamal. And I'm assuming that El helps those who help themselves.
Passing out is subject to :rolldice:, no reason not to bet on things going well when the autofail is already a possible option in P.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

my dad posted:

Why are you guys so cruel to Og? :( I'm all for bravado, but he already bravely went through some crazy poo poo without panicking like a child of his age should be expected to. Right now, he's a tired kid who has had his share of adventure and wants to go home. Ask Ishmail to carry you and give you his cloak.

Don't worry, I am sure Og has HERO'S BLOOD! He can deal with this.

Or maybe I am wrong and he only has HERRING'S BLOOD!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Voting this

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Given the circumstances I'm thinking P but less finding a tree and more sprawling into the mud and passing out in the rain.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009

I'm throwing my vote in with this, it's respectful to the old man, it's adorable, and nobody get's hypothermia!

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
C, and K

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

This. Not so much because Jalitha is our mother, but because she's a lamed woman in danger, and saving her is what a hero would do!

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
E J

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Gonna jump in on this now, been reading it for a bit, just got caught up.

Voting G and I

G - You may be young, can only count to 11 and wear nothing but a loin cloth. But you should immediately realize how deadly and useful that tooth was and still is. You want to soldier on, recover the tooth and either a) seek a means of destroying it, or better yet b) attach it to a spear and use it against the monsters. Whether you realize it or not, overcoming the tooth's impulse of HUNGER could work to your advantage. Those self-regenerating monsters encountered earlier could have been dealt with by a single strike of the tooth. They'd be instantly turned into an Ouroboros, consuming and regenerating itself for eternity. Stuff of nightmares, sure, but they'd have been dealt with.

I - Mostly for maintaining your heroic image, secondary benefit that a heavy cloak will simply slow you down, especially in this heavy rain. You need to keep your wits about you for as long as possible before you inevitably fall unconscious from exhaustion.

Despite being a colossal dick, crab-god Asherah is one bad-rear end looking motherfucker. He may not be the god-type that works with you, but with that tooth, someone we can definitely use.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Canuck, are you back on duty or should I count this one myself heh?

Voting is NOT closed yet.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
B J It's been a big day. Time to wrap up and nod off as Ishmael takes us back to camp.