Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I can't sort out just MMA but sports betting overall since January according to my spreadsheet I have lost about 4k. That includes horses, football, boxing, MMA, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey. Last year for 2012 I lost 12k total that includes a couple trips to the Vegas sports books too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Give me the money i will be your goon bookie.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Because I love you all so much I added up jase1's claimed MMA bets in this thread

-100 on Sonnen vs. Silva 2
-20 on Buddy Roberts vs. Okami
-20 on Justin Lawrence vs. Max Holloway
-100 on Kaufman vs. Rousey
-100 on Bonnar vs. Silva
-5 on Tom Lawlor vs. Carmont
+11 on Waldburger vs. Catone
-10 on James Head vs. Pyle
-10 on Brookins vs. Poirier
+24 on Barry vs. del Rosario
-14 on Mitrione vs. Nelson
-5 on Thiago Tavares vs. Khabib
-5 on Rothwell vs. Gonzaga
+20 on Belfort vs. Bisping
+160 on Hunt vs. Struve
-100 on Gomi vs. Diego
+175 on Okami vs. Lombard
-300 on Diaz vs. GSP
-100 on Condit vs. Hendricks
+100 on Camozzi vs. Ring
-10 on Smith vs. McDaniel
-10 on Gonzaga vs. Browne
-20 on Tate vs. Zingano
-25 on Magelhaes vs. Phil Davis
+25 on Nelson vs. Kongo
-25 on Belcher vs. Bisping
-50 on Sonnen vs. Jones
-143 on Nelson vs. Miocic
-100 on Hendo vs. Rashad

Total loss is $727, 7 winning bets out of 29 placed (though to be fair jase does bet on a lot more big underdogs than big favorites).

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Buddy Roberts over Okami is the worst bet in that entire list.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

jeffersonlives posted:

-100 on Gomi vs. Diego
Still feeling his pain on this one, I would have won more than 500 if this had been scored correctly

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

jase1 posted:

I can't sort out just MMA but sports betting overall since January according to my spreadsheet I have lost about 4k. That includes horses, football, boxing, MMA, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey. Last year for 2012 I lost 12k total that includes a couple trips to the Vegas sports books too.

Have you been punched in the head a lot in the past? There's more and more evidence of a connection between brain trauma and gambling addiction. I'm just letting you know this so that you can make informed choices, otherwise please continue betting on MMA for the good of us all.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
My betting agency is offering money on the following

Conor McGregor to win a UFC title by the end of 2014 @+800
Conor McGregor to win a UFC title by the end of 2016 @+450

That sounds like awful odds. If he gets a title shot by 2014 (and he would surely only get one) and it was against Jose Aldo, surely his odds in the fight would be at or above +450 anyway. It's crazy to think you are getting the same odds now when he has fought once in the UFC.

Edit: I'm stupid

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 19, 2013

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

xcore posted:

Conor McGregor to win a UFC title by the end of 2014 @+450
Conor McGregor to win a UFC title by the end of 2016 @+800

That sounds like awful odds. If he gets a title shot by 2014 (and he would surely only get one) and it was against Jose Aldo, surely his odds in the fight would be at or above +450 anyway. It's crazy to think you are getting the same odds now when he has fought once in the UFC.

Is your betting agency Paddy Power by any chance?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

xcore posted:

Conor McGregor to win a UFC title by the end of 2014 @+450
Conor McGregor to win a UFC title by the end of 2016 @+800

Wait, why does it pay out more if you think that he might win the title by 2016 as opposed to 2014? Better payout for more leniency? Like if he wins the title by the end of this year (lol) you'd win both bets anyway...

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I remember being bored one weekend that had a WEC and additional cards. I decided to bet on each fight, 19 total. I got fifteen wrong, but still covered because my underdog bets hit. (Thank you Scott Smith for knocking Cung Le out.)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

jase1 posted:

So I'm assuming you're fairly well off and budget for your gambling, because otherwise this is just nuts. Betting on sporting events can make them more exciting to watch and I could see myself doing it if I was making mid six-figures, but on an average person's salary the kind of betting you're doing qualifies as a full blown addiction.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Sports booking isn't the only thing I gamble on and most of my sports booking is done with money I have won from other forms of gambling. I am a part owner of a buisness that I bought into with money I made off gambling. Besides my business I make a lot of my money hustling people at pool and playing poker. I do play craps and roulette from time to time but that is not a major part of my income it's more fun just like sports booking. Usually what will happen is I play poker at my bookies house and what ever I win I let him keep that on credit then I bet it. So sometimes I don't even see the money. For instance a few weeks ago I won $900 at his poker game. He gave me $500 of that and put the other $400 in my sports booking account. That's most of the time I could care less whether I win or lose it just gives me something to root for when I watch the fights.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
How dare you question this man after all he's done for you

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Lid posted:

Is your betting agency Paddy Power by any chance?

Sportsbet in Australia

canoshiz posted:

Wait, why does it pay out more if you think that he might win the title by 2016

Sorry, I'm dumb and put them around the wrong way. Fixed now

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Just had some money come in from a long term parley, it is all that remains in my 5dimes account. All of it is going on the Wide Man. I got a really good feeling that he is finally gonna be the one to take out Silva.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MrSmokes posted:

Just had some money come in from a long term parley, it is all that remains in my 5dimes account. All of it is going on the Wide Man. I got a really good feeling that he is finally gonna be the one to take out Silva.

pfft this is how you waste money

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

jase1 posted:

Sports booking isn't the only thing I gamble on and most of my sports booking is done with money I have won from other forms of gambling. I am a part owner of a buisness that I bought into with money I made off gambling. Besides my business I make a lot of my money hustling people at pool and playing poker. I do play craps and roulette from time to time but that is not a major part of my income it's more fun just like sports booking. Usually what will happen is I play poker at my bookies house and what ever I win I let him keep that on credit then I bet it. So sometimes I don't even see the money. For instance a few weeks ago I won $900 at his poker game. He gave me $500 of that and put the other $400 in my sports booking account. That's most of the time I could care less whether I win or lose it just gives me something to root for when I watch the fights.

i'm going to go out on a limb that you're probably a pretty bad business owner based on everything you've ever posted here culminating in this attempt at telling us why you're not a degen

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That was depressing to read knowing how several top pro poker players have gambling problems outside of poker.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
you leave ted forest out of this

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

maffew buildings posted:

you leave ted forest out of this

Ted Forrest lost a year long weight loss bet with Mike Matusow because Matusow cut weight for the weigh in rather than losing any actual weight.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

jase1 posted:

roulette from time to time but that is not a major part of my income

How can roulette be any part of your income unless you own the table, do you even maths?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

i'm going to go out on a limb that you're probably a pretty bad business owner based on everything you've ever posted here culminating in this attempt at telling us why you're not a degen

I just know my buisness is successful, I pay my taxes on all my gamble winnings, I am getting married next year and the wedding is almost fully paid for from gambling and a big chunk of that from a huge hit on the roulette table and basically everything I have in life is because of me gambling and people all my life have been telling me I am going to fail so I am used to people like you. For some reason people like you who want to tell me how awful I am always seem to be loving miserable and want to spread their misery to other people. I am a pretty happy and content with my life and the choices I have made and I know when I look back at how I lived my life I wouldn't change one loving second of it because it's been a blast so far.

No need to derail this thread any further I have a thread in ask tell that you guys can ask any questions you want about my lifestyle if you want. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3475307

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
The Pool Hall Hustler would be an excellent MMA nickname.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
don't worry jase1, everyone in PSP supports you and this thread would suck without you and your terrible bets!

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Marching Powder posted:

pfft this is how you waste money

If I am reading this right, Demian Maia is almost as much of a favorite as Anderson Silva. I feel that something is wrong here somewhere.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Given how he's looked lately I think Damien Maia is always going to be a big favorite against a grappling based fighter until one beats him

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

Given how he's looked lately I think Damien Maia is always going to be a big favorite against a grappling based fighter until one beats him

I'm not sure characterizing Kos as a "grappler" is really reflective of how that match is going to go.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

I'm not sure characterizing Kos as a "grappler" is really reflective of how that match is going to go.

So then if Kos does stay on his feet, which I don't think is a given, hes gonna be relying on his stand up, which is poo poo. I don't think he's got too good of a shot in this fight

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

So then if Kos does stay on his feet, which I don't think is a given, hes gonna be relying on his stand up, which is poo poo

How would you describe it compared to, say, Mark Munoz

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

15 lbs lighter

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

Kos has a Doozer of a right hand, maybe as good as Benji Radish. Another Fraggle joke.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Good evening gentlemen this is my first bet of the night. Hope I bring some entertainment tonight.

Ticket#:15156398
Jul 06 09:30 PM
INTERNET / -1 Jul 06 09:20 PM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24226] C. LEBEN +130
(A. CRAIG vrs C. LEBEN)

20 / 26

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

MassRafTer posted:

That was depressing to read knowing how several top pro poker players have gambling problems outside of poker.

If by several you mean all, I agree.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Gonzaga/Swanson/Munoz/Edgar/Silva parlay, 5.00 for 26.93

free bet of 5.00 on Weidman for 14.38

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

jase1 posted:

Good evening gentlemen this is my first bet of the night. Hope I bring some entertainment tonight.

MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24226] C. LEBEN +130
(A. CRAIG vrs C. LEBEN)

20 / 26

Hahahah that's 1 post your others

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

jase1 posted:

MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24226] C. LEBEN +130
(A. CRAIG vrs C. LEBEN)

20 / 26

The next time you place a bet I'll do the exact opposite.

:toxx:

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Nothing much for me tonight - small bets on Weidman by decision and Munoz/Boetsch does not go to decision.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Next bet.

Ticket#:15157069
Jul 06 10:30 PM
INTERNET / -1 Jul 06 10:05 PM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24222] TOTAL u2½EV
(T. BOETSCH vrs M. MUNOZ)

20 / 20

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Put money on Wiedman because I think And want Silva to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Here is the next one.

Ticket#:15157449
Jul 06 11:05 PM
INTERNET / -1 Jul 06 11:00 PM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24209] R. GRACIE +125
(R. GRACIE vrs T. KENNEDY)

50 / 62

Edit: Here is the next one.

Ticket#:15157727
Jul 06 11:40 PM
INTERNET / -1 Jul 06 11:34 PM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24205] C. OLIVEIRA +450
(C. OLIVEIRA vrs F. EDGAR)

25 / 112

Edit 2: gently caress this if I am betting on Silva that way he will lose.

Ticket#:15157942
Jul 07 12:15 AM
INTERNET / -1 Jul 07 12:08 AM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24202] A. SILVA -250
(C. WEIDMAN vrs A. SILVA)

85 / 34

jase1 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 7, 2013