Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

bidikyoopi posted:

Wheel locks. Before anyone says "sure but with effort you can take those off," the goal of wheel locks is not to be impenetrable, but just to make it hard enough that the thieves choose another car.

I don't think you understand southwest Detroit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Comrade Flynn posted:

There seems to be a lot of unresolved issues in this post.

Unresolved issues: I married a crazy bitch whos parents thought I was a pile of crap.

It will be discussed in future therapy sessions. At least I am not the only crazy person! :v:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Finally got my car back from the body shop

It's now 10 shades of yellow instead of 8! :neckbeard:

Finch!
Sep 11, 2001

Spatial Awareness?

[ ] Whaleshark

404 Not Found

GramCracker posted:

The very car in the very colour that got me hooked on hot wagons. I've never owned one :smith:

Edited because wait is that an S4 or RS4?

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Finch! posted:

The very car in the very colour that got me hooked on hot wagons. I've never owned one :smith:

Can we get the B5 RS4 now?! I thought it wasn't a US import.

Finch!
Sep 11, 2001

Spatial Awareness?

[ ] Whaleshark

404 Not Found

thealphabetsez posted:

Can we get the B5 RS4 now?! I thought it wasn't a US import.

I don't know - I'm Australian. I think it's an S4. Close enough, I guess!

Romanv
Jun 13, 2013
1st post!

I've got an old Toyota that I bang around in, spends 99% of time in the garage though until I front up with the cash to get it inspected by an engineer so it can be road legal. (Different motor/gearbox/etc to standard)

It's heaps of fun to drive on the track though and pretty easy to work on if something breaks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Finch! posted:

I'm glad to hear my car got someone to see the light :3::allears:

Good eye, but it's an S4. If it were the RS4, the bodywork would be much wider with flared fenders from the factory. They are wonderful cars to own; please bury me in this car when I kick the bucket.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Romanv posted:

I've got an old Toyota that I bang around in, spends 99% of time in the garage though until I front up with the cash to get it inspected by an engineer so it can be road legal. (Different motor/gearbox/etc to standard)

It's heaps of fun to drive on the track though and pretty easy to work on if something breaks.

Hey bud, edit out the first line of your post, it's kind of against SA rules and you have a neat car so I don't want to see you get in trouble.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Just a phone pic that I messed around with in a couple apps, but I liked how it turned out. I need to start carrying my DSLR with me.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Sean, I retract my comment from earlier. :colbert:

metalfingers
Jul 9, 2005

hurf
Here's a crappy cellphone pic of my MG ZR.

Yes, I've had to replace the headgasket. It's a bit of cheap fun until I have more disposable income

metalfingers fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 15, 2013

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

GramCracker posted:

Imola Yellow really is the greatest yellow, I miss my 20th GTI

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

I bought a Caterham 7 yesterday. It's outright hilarious to drive! :woop:

Cat inspecting Cat 7 (also pictured: my brother's Mini):

:3:

chia
Dec 23, 2005
I've never seen a Caterham in Finland before, awesome.

Missäpäin tuon voi bongata liikenteessä?

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

chia posted:

Missäpäin tuon voi bongata liikenteessä?
Mostly in and around Espoo/Tapiola.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

That is a great car, I love those things and need to own one at some point. Honestly if I hadn't been able to find a clean M3 that was the next thing on my list.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

j.peeba posted:

I used to see a rat-rodded Caterham 7 on the other side of the highway regularly when I was driving tractor trailers. It was so cool amongst the high tech cars all around it.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

j.peeba posted:

Cat inspecting Cat 7 (also pictured: my brother's Mini):

:3:

Awesome! How old is it? What's the engine? Did you import it or was it already registered in Finland?

I went to check a GTV6 today, but it was too rusty for me.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

DoLittle posted:

Awesome! How old is it? What's the engine? Did you import it or was it already registered in Finland?

I went to check a GTV6 today, but it was too rusty for me.

Thanks! It's -88 and it seems to be in a good condition. There are actually very few Caterhams here that are newer than -91 due to some regulation things... This one has a 1.8l Ford Zetec with Weber carbs and it should put out something around 170hp.

It had already had one previous owner here in Finland but the guy who originally imported it acted as the dealer. He's a British fellow who lives in Finland and he has imported 10 of the about 14 or 15 Caterhams that have been registered here. He seems to be pretty much the hub of the Finnish Caterham scene.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

j.peeba posted:

Thanks! It's -88 and it seems to be in a good condition. There are actually very few Caterhams here that are newer than -91 due to some regulation things... This one has a 1.8l Ford Zetec with Weber carbs and it should put out something around 170hp.

It had already had one previous owner here in Finland but the guy who originally imported it acted as the dealer. He's a British fellow who lives in Finland and he has imported 10 of the about 14 or 15 Caterhams that have been registered here. He seems to be pretty much the hub of the Finnish Caterham scene.

Andrew B..?

Should be fun. Five speed and dedion? I think -91 onwards cars must be "low emission".

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

DoLittle posted:

Andrew B..?

Should be fun. Five speed and dedion? I think -91 onwards cars must be "low emission".

Yeah, that's the guy. And yup, five speed and de dion.

Naturally, it's a great car on empty roads but somewhat surprisingly it is very enjoyable in the city as well since the reactions of pedestrians and other motorists for this car are so entertaining. Kids are always giving it a thumbs up or doing the "throttling a moped" wrist flick and tourists are snapping photos of it while waiting in the lights. :)

86boy
Apr 22, 2013
Here's my 1964 impala that is currently getting another engine since the last one failed.

Then my AE86 and FD3S

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

86boy posted:

Here's my 1964 impala that is currently getting another engine since the last one failed.

You know what must be done.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Do it with cubes, not hydros. :smug:

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

86boy posted:

Then my AE86 and FD3S

You should tell us about the AE86 and the FD.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Megiddo posted:

Just got this last week:

davebo posted:

Posted the cel phone pic from the dealership a week ago but here are some slightly better pics from my driveway last week. Already went on a small road trip so now the front is covered in bugs and the rest is a bit polleny.

2012 Kia Optima SX

These Optima posts are gettin me excited. And then this blew my mind

cstine posted:

Amazing what happens when you hire the guy that did the design for Audi, huh?
This completely explains why I thought the Optima looked like the Audi's I was interested in. This whole exchange has been great because Megiddo's post is from '11 which means I might be able to find a certified pre-owned one and not have to buy new to get the style I like. The style that Megido has is exactly what I want, and I thought they only started this year. That blue looks amazing but I think the grill and stuff looks better against white. Otherwise, if the car is a dark color the grill seems to look like a gaping void and that your grill is busted.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I think that guy is also responsible for the Genesis Coupes. I loving LOVE how my car looks.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

My father owns this car and I have free reign to drive this thing whenever and wherever I want so this is the closest thing to owning a car.

Looks like my father just found a job in the nick of time to save this car and we're thankful of that.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Carteret posted:

I think that guy is also responsible for the Genesis Coupes.

I don't think thats the case.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

kill me now posted:

I don't think thats the case.

Good catch. I was just going off hearsay, but it turns out Eric Stoddard actually did the Genesis Coupe, who was also a contributing designer on the 2003 Viper. Still cool!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BMB5150 posted:

My father owns this car and I have free reign to drive this thing whenever and wherever I want so this is the closest thing to owning a car.

Looks like my father just found a job in the nick of time to save this car and we're thankful of that.

Cool car, too bad about the aftermarket bling bling wheels though

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

At first they looked really goofy to me, but it's grown slightly on me. I'd more subtle wheels than the DUB wheels that is on it right now, but hey the tires we have on them are the best street legal stuff Pirelli sells. Car is pretty fun to drive, looks like a heavy sportscar but has plenty of power to be an autobahn cruiser. Small little things plague this that needs replacing like the grill, front splitter, and probably some fender work on the left front to flatten it completely. Some rear end in a top hat 2 years ago for whatever reason took pliers and flared part of the fender out all the way. Never found out who it was.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
I'd throw a set of these on there and ask for it's forgiveness;

The wheels on the car right now aren't bad but they are just too skinny for an old MB roadster like that. Still hot though, gotta love the older SL Mercs :allears:

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

lathode posted:

New ride, 2013 Civic Si.

Nice! But what happened to the i-VTEC decals? I love them and wouldn't dream of taking them off mine.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Got up to a local mountain today.

Big.

Mordred
Mar 15, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

Got up to a local mountain today.

Big.

Yet no picture of neither mountains nor car.

I have no idea what car that is.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Mordred posted:

Yet no picture of neither mountains nor car.

I have no idea what car that is.
From the scoop up top I'm guessing Right hand drive WRX from maybe late 90's/Early 2000?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Needs more lens flare.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
volvoowners.jpg

Only registered members can see post attachments!