Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
I've been a goon for over 10 years but I've been a pathetic human being for much longer than that. You are all summer children to my Old Nan, except IRQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

LoG posted:

Jesus Christ, I've been poo poo posting for nearly a decade.

Hellooooo

I joined in high school and now I'm almost 30. So many many lovely posts....lost in the rain......time......to die

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Saw this and thought of you TB Thread.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

So if the TVIV thread is such a toxic dump, why tolerate it at all? Ponies got the boot when threads became a circlejerky shitheap over that, why not enact something similar for the whiners who demand to be catered to regarding decade-old spoilers? I dunno, I stay away from that thread so that might be too drastic or whatever but from what people post here about it the other thread seems unnecessarily terrible to deal with. Are other TVIV threads as bad?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Traxus IV posted:

So if the TVIV thread is such a toxic dump, why tolerate it at all? Ponies got the boot when threads became a circlejerky shitheap over that, why not enact something similar for the whiners who demand to be catered to regarding decade-old spoilers? I dunno, I stay away from that thread so that might be too drastic or whatever but from what people post here about it the other thread seems unnecessarily terrible to deal with. Are other TVIV threads as bad?

Pretty much, though the Mensa thread really is the dumbest of the lot by some distance.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Traxus IV posted:

Are other TVIV threads as bad?

Not all of them, but yeah. BrBa and Community tend to have horrible threads.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Traxus IV posted:

Are other TVIV threads as bad?

Did you ever read the threads for the first season of The Walking Dead?

Multiple page arguments about the practicalities of breaking car windows and people posting their zombie survival kits and...

It was an absolutely astoundingly lovely thread. I wish I could have it framed.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Jeez. What is it that makes television threads so terrible? Is it just that it takes a special kind of sperg to post about TV (as opposed to any other media) online or what?

e:^^^^ No, I haven't read any TVIV threads. I'm not a big television watcher, most of what I see is after shows are released on disc or Netflix and the initial madness has died down.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Traxus IV posted:

Jeez. What is it that makes television threads so terrible? Is it just that it takes a special kind of sperg to post about TV (as opposed to any other media) online or what?

TV (even HBO) caters to the lowest common denominator by its very business model. More eyeballs = more money, no matter how dumb they are.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I've always really enjoyed the Gordon Ramsay megathreads. Lots of fun to be had there. v:shobon:v

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

If only there was a way to make the hiatus thread link to the Good Thread, where people actually discuss the story and have reasonable spoiler policies. :magical:

I refuse to believe there is a good thread

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
For added hilarity check out the last 5 pages or so in The Other Worst Thread* about arguing white-washing and the color of Dornish people.

* The spoiler thread in tviv if that wasn't clear.

screech on the beach fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 18, 2013

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

p.crestmont posted:

Darkstar is the OUYA.

Darkstar is definitely the Nokia Ngage

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Who's the Virtual Boy, then? I think maybe it's Ned; good intentions, but boy, such a pain in the neck.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

my cat is norris posted:

I've always really enjoyed the Gordon Ramsay megathreads. Lots of fun to be had there. v:shobon:v

Weren't you the one that complained about "Next time on Hell's Kitchen!" preview 'spoilers'? The ones where they routinely use stock ambulance footage, make you think that contestants are going to stab Gordon with a kitchen knife, burn down the restaurant, and show scenes from episodes actually two or three weeks in the future? And then nothing even remotely like any of that ever actually happens?

:ironicat:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Who's the Virtual Boy, then? I think maybe it's Ned; good intentions, but boy, such a pain in the neck.

Plus he also needs a cane to stand up (after he injures his leg when Jaime ambushes him and kills all of his guardsmen), just like the VB.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
Now I'm picturing Melisandre gazing into a fire and seeing Wario World playing in badass 3D.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

You mean Wario Land. Wario World is a GameCube game. :pseudo:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The best part about the absolutely dreadful TVIV threads is that their spoiler paranoia is pretty much self trolling now. There's nothing left worth spoiling. It's gonna be :munch: as gently caress watching their souls get crushed for 3 or 4 years as Dany lingers across the sea.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Simon Draskovic posted:

Weren't you the one that complained about "Next time on Hell's Kitchen!" preview 'spoilers'? The ones where they routinely use stock ambulance footage, make you think that contestants are going to stab Gordon with a kitchen knife, burn down the restaurant, and show scenes from episodes actually two or three weeks in the future? And then nothing even remotely like any of that ever actually happens?

Yes, because people would routinely use those spoilers as a way of searching out the elimination results before contestant elimination ever occurred, thus ruining the enjoyment of watching Gordon pull fast ones on people by making them switch teams or whatever. That was the only thing that bugged me about the previews discussion, really, and the thread quality wasn't hurt by placing spoilers bars around some of that talk. I'm sorry that it bothered you so much. :downs:

(I'm pretty sure the spoilers bars have largely fallen off since I whined, and I haven't said anything since, so if anybody's getting probated or whatever, it's not me filing the reports.)

Anyway, complaining about one little aspect of a thread doesn't mean I don't otherwise have a blast reading along as goons livechat about these ridiculous programs. It's one of the only gems in TVIV, I think.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 18, 2013

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
or they start routing for Quentyn because he such a good guy... nek minnit. Crispy Fried

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 694 days!)

Rocksicles posted:

he's a loose cannon on Twitter... some pure gold on there.

Bret Easton Ellis ‏@BretEastonEllis 24 May
Cooking dinner tomorrow night for Eli Roth and Marilyn Manson at my place and I have no idea what to make. Deciding now. Chicken, I guess?

Bret Easton Ellis @BretEastonEllis

And "Breaking Bad" is the most overrated TV series in the history of television. Even though I want to bang the kid with cerebral palsy.
6:15 PM - 31 Jul 2012

Wow, talk about the douchiest dinner date.

If I met BEE I'd be all like "go away, BEE. I don't like you."

Edit: TVIV posters are bad and dumb because most of the other subforums require some form of basic knowledge or low cunning to post in without being run out for being an idiot. Gibbis should be that place, but the mods there are too henpecked and traumatized to let people get away with bad posting.

Sexgun Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 18, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

No, you need to tell him he does a pretty good impression of himself.

Then stab out his eyes and kick his dog to death.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

my cat is norris posted:

Yes, because people would routinely use those spoilers as a way of searching out the elimination results before contestant elimination ever occurred, thus ruining the enjoyment of watching Gordon pull fast ones on people by making them switch teams or whatever. That was the only thing that bugged me about the previews discussion, really, and the thread quality wasn't hurt by placing spoilers bars around some of that talk. I'm sorry that it bothered you so much. :downs:

Spoiler: YOU DONKEY

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Bret Easton Ellis @BretEastonEllis

And "Breaking Bad" is the most overrated TV series in the history of television. Even though I want to bang the kid with cerebral palsy.
6:15 PM - 31 Jul 2012

The feeling is probably mutual (going by :nws: this :nws:), so I'd definitely ship it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i used to like his work, until tonight then i read his twitter, the guy is a wanker of the highest order.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rocksicles posted:

i used to like his work, until tonight then i read his twitter, the guy is a wanker of the highest order.

That's what I was saying. He'd fit right in here.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
he might be a self hating goon already

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Xiahou Dun posted:

Did you ever read any of the threads for the first season of The Walking Dead?

Edited for clarity. TWD threads are a god-damned nightmare to read.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Those comics were some of the most traumatic, painful and difficult pieces of media I've ever gone through and one of the only things I've put down for extended amounts of time just because I felt like my brain couldn't take it. It's the RW for the first time spread across a way longer period of time.

Just checking in on those threads now and then: worse.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

he might be a self hating goon already

He's middle-aged and gay. There's a strong chance Bret Easton Ellis is actually the long-lost Tony Danza Claus :tinfoil:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Sophia posted:

I've been a goon for over 10 years but I've been a pathetic human being for much longer than that. You are all summer children to my Old Nan, except IRQ.

IRQ is like the fuckin Bloodraven of Wild Cards.

Joramun posted:

(going by :nws: this :nws:)

drat, where do I sign up to play a kid with cerebral palsy on a hit TV show? I want to be surrounded by topless women too.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 18, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

He's middle-aged and gay. There's a strong chance Bret Easton Ellis is actually the long-lost Tony Danza Claus :tinfoil:

My overly detailed writing of white savior princess bowel movements is far more gripping than BEE's 80 page Whitney Houston excel spreadsheet of boredom.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

quote:

Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your rear end in a top hat.

Seems wild cardy enough!

I know it's from the movie!

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

I just realized I would get probated on sight for so much as posting in the Mensa thread now, under these new rules of not even so much as mentioning anything from the books that hasn't been mentioned on the show yet. This despite my name coming from Clash of Kings (which was two seasons ago already now that S3 is finished) and it not being my fault the show decided to skip that part or postpone it for later seasons. And anyone who quotes me would be instantly sniped as well, since my username would be in their post. So walking into that thread now would involuntarily turn me into a suicide bomber.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There is no author but GRRM, and Ty is his prophet. Go forth, brother, and bring peace upon them.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Do you promise to resurrect me with the Lord's Kiss after I've been lying dead in the water for three days?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

SaviourX posted:

Seems wild cardy enough!

I know it's from the movie!

Don't just stare at it.

That part upset my girlfriend.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
A woman directed that movie and said it's a feminist statement. DISQUALIFIED!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Joramun posted:

Do you promise to resurrect me with the Lord's Kiss after I've been lying dead in the water for three days?

The barrier was not meant to be crossed. The ground is sour.