Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Master Bruce, why do we fall?

So that we can teach ourselves to get Back up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absum
May 28, 2013

Changing my vote to B after reviewing the past two days, the apparent state of our body and some arguments that were posted.
Depending on what Diog posts I might still change my opnion, but we'll see about that tomorrow morning if there hasn't been an update yet.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

HiHo ChiRho posted:

B. HOLD THE GAIT.

Ditto. Hold the gate/keep walking.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
B and if I had the willpower to say so, I'd ask Ishmael if he's tired and needs to be carried.

Remind my lungs they've been through worse diving for pearls.

If my legs are tired, time to start crawling with my arms.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Diogines posted:

Because a man does not quit before hardship

I don't know how many more steps we can take. But it's at least one.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
I've enjoyed reading this so much, it's been a ball. Whomsoever bought the banner ads - thanks. On a whim I winded up checking this out and I'm so very pleased with myself that I did. I'm so glad I had the strength of will to marathon this thread. I'm glad I told myself I was able to keep reading even though I'm extremely tired and it'd be in my best interests to just sleep. Good things happen to those who push their body beyond it's perceived capacities. The sooner a person learns this the sooner they're able to achieve anything they want to. The first step to being a swole badass is accepting that you can do it. Harden the gently caress up. You're capable of anything.

The only choice here is B.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
There is no thinking about it. Just the step. One more step. That is now our entire world.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

FoxTerrier posted:

A. We've already hit the wall and smashed through it several times today. Enough. We're a child, and knowing when to stop is a strength, not a weakness.

Agreed. A.

We're not much help if we literally exhaust ourselves. Taking a rest is not quitting.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

B Vote changed below.

gently caress you body, I don't just believe I can take that next step, I hunger for that next step!

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 19, 2013

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

B, Hold the gait!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

B. HOLD THE GAIT.

As a gate holder to the very end last game, I SO want to vote this. But, I want to... I don't think I can.... vote=C

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Some of you, possibly several of you, are lying.

I am not saying there are or are not any consequences to lying.

If there were, this is your chance to get off, consequence free, if there were any. Which there may or may not be.

If you voted B but do not honestly believe you can take another step, this is the time to fess up and change your vote to C.

The question is not if you want to take another step but if you believe you can take another step. Do you honestly believe you can?

Confess!

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Step.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Diog tells us: "Choosing B and trying to shoot lightning - not saying if you'll die but you'll probably die."
Goons: "You idiots why are you so dumb he told you don't pick B! You're all so dumb."

Diog tells us: "Choosing B and trying to go on when you can't - not saying if there will be consequences or not but there will probably be consequences."
Goons: "Whatever, you're not my dad, keep going!"

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

C
We may not be able to go on but dammit we are going to try!

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Xun posted:

C
We may not be able to go on but dammit we are going to try!

I'll just quote myself:

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Uhm, I think you've mixed up B and C.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

B is if you believe you can do it.

C is if you want to, but don't believe you can do it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Task Manager posted:

Diog tells us: "Choosing B and trying to shoot lightning - not saying if you'll die but you'll probably die."
Goons: "You idiots why are you so dumb he told you don't pick B! You're all so dumb."

Diog tells us: "Choosing B and trying to go on when you can't - not saying if there will be consequences or not but there will probably be consequences."

Every goon shares the exact same opinion, I see. For the record, I voted against both.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Last CYOA, I got the hold the gate for cebturies ending. I am going to turn Enkindu into a gate holding machine.

Keep holding that gate.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Absum posted:

Changing my vote to B after reviewing the past two days, the apparent state of our body and some arguments that were posted.
Depending on what Diog posts I might still change my opnion, but we'll see about that tomorrow morning if there hasn't been an update yet.

I'm all for :ssj:B:ssj: but your vote is pretty much what C is supposed to be. You're unsure.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Raserys posted:

Every goon shares the exact same opinion, I see. For the record, I voted against both.

Would you be happier if I had said "Majority of Goons"? You got the point without it, didn't you?

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

I just realized, this might not have any consequence whatsoever, Diog is just stalling for time he needs to figure out how the next part of the plot is going to go, since we caught him of guard by voting to actually try to use the tooth. :v:

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
Option B

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
I'm a B voter, and I'm not changing my answer. El just went through the trouble of saving our sorry rear end. We're still not entirely out of trouble, being stuck out in the wilderness with monsters possibly lurking everywhere and all that. You don't save a person from the frying pan just to let him stumble into the fire. That would be cruel, and as far as we know that's not how El rolls. If El thought we couldn't make it out of the scary woods by ourselves, we'd have encountered a pack of winged horses or something like that by now. El believes we can do it, and we shouldn't doubt his trust.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I just realized, this might not have any consequence whatsoever, Diog is just stalling for time he needs to figure out how the next part of the plot is going to go, since we caught him of guard by voting to actually try to use the tooth. :v:

This is not the case, I assure you!

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

I thought he was stalling for someone else to count the votes.

I am joking.

Tudhalias
Sep 7, 2009

Diogines posted:

B is if you believe you can do it.

C is if you want to, but don't believe you can do it.

We can do anything the voice of the god-king in our head tells us to do! Voices in our legs be damned!

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Nah guys this vote has nothing to do with Asherah, so surely Diogines repeated warnings don't mean anything, right?

Seriously though, in saying that, I misread the initial options; Changing vote to C - The mind hungers is willing, but the body is weak.

e: I just had a thought too. In a sense, we're still 'hungering'; To be a hero/prove ourselves/have friends or whatever. Seeing as we did a pretty good job at grabbing his attention, I'm theorising this could possibly be a loophole Asherah can use to re-enter our lives later on, whether or not we want it to be.

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 19, 2013

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

The question is not if you want to take another step but if you believe you can take another step. Do you honestly believe you can?
Confess!

Yes. Once I had a thought that Asherah and El might have been the same creator. I was wrong. I have voted to willingly accept our new family, our new name and our new hairdo. We have to believe that El will give us the strength to go on, directly or indirectly.

This is a leap of faith, gentlegoons.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Yes. Once I had a thought that Asherah and El might have been the same creator. I was wrong. I have voted to willingly accept our new family, our new name and our new hairdo. We have to believe that El will give us the strength to go on, directly or indirectly.

This is a leap of faith, gentlegoons.

I don't think El will help us here. I just think Enkindu can keep walking.

Walking doesn't seem like something El needs to interfere with. Then again, maybe walking is El's domain. He does put wanderlust in kings' hearts.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Step.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Fall over. I don't believe I can, and furthermore I don't want to.
Voting against B.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Task Manager posted:

Would you be happier if I had said "Majority of Goons"? You got the point without it, didn't you?

Yeah, I would, because that's not true for one thing, not everyone who voted against it called B voters stupid, and saying that everyone who thought "that way" now thinks "this way" is sticking a lot of people into a non-existent group that no motivation for their choice outside of strawman bullshit.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

my dad posted:

B

Here's my reasoning:

Og is a kid who is cold and tired and wants to go home. He could have given up. In fact, it would have been the right thing to do, as far as I care. Yet he kept walking. Through the rain, through the tears, through the sweat, through the blood, through everything a world could throw at him.

Because a true hero does not quit before hardship.

Og is the one who fell from the sky, but Enkidel is the one who rose. And even if Og can't make a step forward, ENKIDEL CAN! :ssj:

I like my dad's reasoning here.

edit: Just to be clear I really do think the reasoning is sound. Despite everything, all the stress and trauma that we have endured in a very short period of time, this can be seen as a sort of rebirth. By casting away the tooth and realizing that Asherah we have decided to cast away who we were as a child and embrace what we can become. We have seen what a Hero, with a big drat capital H, is capable of and know that if we ever want to grow up and be an astronaut we have to learn one big lesson.

NEVER

GIVE

UP

Fight with every ounce of energy you have. And when your body tells you to quit you say, "No gently caress you body! Who's in charge here? Me! Keep going damnit!"

Cause its the only way we're going to get to that big H and the ability to punch demons out of people.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 19, 2013

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Task Manager posted:

I think you fail to understand my determination to hold the gate.

Wait, I guess I am going insane. But we're on an adventure, just like in mama's stories. The hero wouldn't fall down now! Have we not slain monsters every night instead of sleeping? Have we not fought with the great fish demon and lived? I Believe.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
Changing my vote to C because I misread. Struck through and edited my original post, too.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Voting closes in a half an hour.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Well, there's this. Perhaps this will influence your votes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhtSwx7cpTY

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

HiHo ChiRho posted:

B. HOLD THE GAIT.

ONWARD FEET! You are young and strong and possibly a demi-god. Dig deep and push hard. Its time to be a man! Let this be your marching tune. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNlMtqrYS0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You can't do it.

Yes you can

I am your legs and lungs. I... I just can't. This is not a choice, I am not refusing, it is not a choice, I just, can't.

Take another step

Why are you so cruel to me?

I am not

It is dark. It is cold. You are tired. You are in a strange place and a little scared.

You take one more step.

Then another.

Then another.

And then...

You walk with your father along the beach.

The sky is green and brown but there is nothing at all odd about that. You do not feel tired, cold or scared. You are carrying a large spear and you don't recall why, but there is nothing odd about it, though the spear is much heavier than any you have used before, it is also much longer and has a spear tip made of a strange shiny metal. You do not remember how you got here, but there is nothing at all odd about that either.

"Try the next one" your father says.

You nod and walk towards a large rock, you reach into a crevice with one hand, pull out a snail and hand it to your father.

Your father takes the snail and holds it up to his eye for a moment, then drops it into a small pot he carries and nods.

He of course, is a walking shark. There is nothing at all odd about that, right?

You pull a few more snails for your father and then look out into the surf. You see your uncle Jorah out fishing deeper in the water, he sees you and waves to you.

He is of course, a giant lobster. Nothing is at all odd about this. You wave back and your father smacks you lightly on the back of your head. "Pay attention, we have much to do before sundown" he says with a scowl.

A flock of whales fly overhead. Nothing is at all odd about this either, though they have come a little early this season, they don't usually migrate for another month.

You reach for another snail in between the rocks, you pull out a snail. You hand it to your father.

"IDIOT!" your father roars angrily as he hits you across the face with the back of your hand. You try to remember what he teaches you, but there is just so much and he never gives you a good explanation, he is so impatient...

"How many times do I need to tell you, if they have a stripe on the back they are women, we can't use those! SIMPLETON!" All of the snails have the drat stripe on the back and you can't seem to tell what difference he means, not that he has bothered to explain. He raises his hand to strike you again, angry.

You....

OPTION A: Say nothing and be hit. You deserve it.
OPTION B: Yell that you are sorry! You are afraid.
OPTION C: Run away down the beach.
OPTION D: Dive into the surf and swim out to your uncle, he will protect you
OPTION E: Grab your father's hand as he goes to strike you.
OPTION F: Spear your father with the spear.
OPTION G: Hit your father with your hand
OPTION H: Scream that he is not your father
OPTION I: Scream something else at your father(specify)
OPTION J: Wait... what? I was...
OPTION K: Something else. Specify.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jun 19, 2013