Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PandaPropaganda
Apr 22, 2008
Edit: poo poo too late. Disregard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Option G and H NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP NOT DAD! I'M A HERO NOW AND ALL YOU DID WAS BEAT ME. EL IS MY FATHER NOW!

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
D

UNCLE JORAH

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Edited options slightly and reordered since I added one.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
E: Not Again. Ever.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

D, Uncle Jorah was the protector in our town. Crab god is the protector in the stories. He will keep us safe.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
E

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
K
Ask him why the females won't do? Also snails are hermaphrodites.

actually gently caress it: Tell dad that snails are hermaphrodites!

Basscop fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 19, 2013

PandaPropaganda
Apr 22, 2008
E + H You can't hurt us anymore fake dad, and we won't become you either. Just stop him, don't escalate.

PandaPropaganda fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 19, 2013

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Arkanomen posted:

Option G and H NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP NOT DAD! I'M A HERO NOW AND ALL YOU DID WAS BEAT ME. EL IS MY FATHER NOW!

Sure. going with this. Changed vote see next post.

edit: Update on last page - choices now here!

Diogines posted:

OPTION A: Say nothing and be hit. You deserve it.
OPTION B: Yell that you are sorry! You are afraid.
OPTION C: Run away down the beach.
OPTION D: Dive into the surf and swim out to your uncle, he will protect you
OPTION E: Grab your father's hand as he goes to strike you.
OPTION F: Spear your father with the spear.
OPTION G: Hit your father with your hand
OPTION H: Scream that he is not your father
OPTION I: Scream something else at your father(specify)
OPTION J: Wait... what? I was...
OPTION K: Something else. Specify.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 19, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
K We are very busy stepping. Hit this guy on the head with the butt if the spear. Wave to Uncle Jorah.

Edit: Step

Sogol fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 19, 2013

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
F

gently caress you dad. gently caress you. All he managed to instil in us was a capacity for violence. His last lesson will be to teach us what it feels like to kill and be glad about it. Not because we've killed someone who abused us but because we decided that the world is a better place without him and that is was our actions that removed him.

Basically the world is a cruel place and if we want to make any difference to it we need to learn how to make hard decisions by judging our father and finding him wanting.

wibblewobble fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 19, 2013

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
F. Time to get on with the patricide we should have committed ages ago.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Raserys posted:

Yeah, I would, because that's not true for one thing, not everyone who voted against it called B voters stupid, and saying that everyone blahblahblah

Please accept my deepest apologies for my callous sweeping generalizations in this most serious of CYOAs. Hopefully you and the tens of other posters offended find it in their hearts to forgive me.

That being said, H! You're not my dad! My dad was a laser fish, not a street shark!

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 19, 2013

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

D

JORAH!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Asherah's hunger is the worst thing we've ever known.
Asherah is a monster.
Dad is a monster for serving him.
Enkidel is a hero now.
Heroes slay monsters.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Since Dad obviously seems to represent Asherah in this dream; E + H

Catch his hand; We survived his hunger, thus proving ourselves worthy. We are now a man. "We are the master now".

I'm also hoping our denial that he's our father will lead to a "Oh Ekindel, but I AM!

e: All the stuff that just happened was also possibly a version of our peoples manhood test- 'Survive Asherahs Hunger', of course if that was the case then the actual test probably involved 2 people fighting to the death on a boat, the victor either consuming or sacrificing the loser, or something. And if so we probably would have had to fight our Dad.

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 19, 2013

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Guys our dad knows that snails are hermaphrodites and there are no women snails. He's just making stuff up to have a reason to hit us. Now is the time we can call him on it and make rear end in a top hat dad answer for all of his violence.
Call him out on it and ask deliberately that if he knew then why would he hit us.
YOU ANSWER NOW rear end in a top hat DAD

edit: we can spear him after

Basscop fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 19, 2013

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

E. Guaranteed to put "Dad" in his place. Or piss him off the most.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
OPTION E: Grab your father's hand as he goes to strike you.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Task Manager posted:

Please accept my deepest apologies for my callous sweeping generalizations in this most serious of CYOAs. Hopefully you and the tens of other posters offended find it in their hearts to forgive me.

I'll think it over, glad we agree :rolleyes:

and , break the cycle of violence.

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
e and then stare that motherfucker down

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Raserys posted:

+1

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
OPTION F: Spear your father with the spear.

OPTION H: Scream that he is not your father

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm leaning towards F because he is clearly a land shark and they're all bastards.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 19, 2013

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

maxhush posted:

e: All the stuff that just happened was also possibly a version of our peoples manhood test- 'Survive Asherahs Hunger', of course if that was the case then the actual test probably involved 2 people fighting to the death on a boat, the victor either consuming or sacrificing the loser, or something.

Wait, poo poo.

This makes sense.

Our people have a manhood test and we can invoke the hunger of Asherah.

...The cannibalism thing is probably from that.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

PandaPropaganda posted:

E + H You can't hurt us anymore fake dad, and we won't become you either. Just stop him, don't escalate.

In for this as well, or at least just E if we can't double up.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

E H

J

K: step

Tudhalias
Sep 7, 2009
J, K: wake up!

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Grognan posted:

E: Not Again. Ever.

Ditto vote.

edit: changed vote in later post.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 19, 2013

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

we're hallucinating people, the dad might be Ishmael and spearing him might kill him.

I vote B

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

E + K, wake up!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
E + H!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
drat, 120+ posts in a couple hours, missed the last one :( (would have voted B, for the record; Og/Enkindel has gone beyond material concerns, in the moment he trucks with supernatural forces. He didn't believe the ground was going to kill him, he certainly doesn't believe he can't walk any further.)

Anyway, I suppose I'll vote E here. Just E, don't know if we get multiple votes, but I dunno, quadruple E or whatever if we do.

We've just been rejected by our old life, the hunger tried to devour us, and it terrified us beyond belief, but our descent was arrested, and a wall put between us and our beloved ocean. The Hunger was not slain, but it can no longer reach us, if we turn from it. Our father may represent the Hunger here, but we've felt its full force, and its representative pales in comparison; it can no longer frighten us, it has nothing to teach us, and it cannot reach us. The Hunger rejected us, shown that there is no coexistance, and in doing so has lost its hold upon us.

Arrest its hand, prove to it, and to ourself, that we are beyond its reach.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Raserys posted:

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

OPTION K: Say nothing and be hit. We can take it.

Enkidel has survived so much in a single day. He faced the hunger of Ashera as a mere mortal and was able to resist. Fish-dad can do nothing to us. Stabbing him draws no blood, so there is nothing we can do. All he can do is strike us or summon the lightning. We've survived the lightning, and all the smacks and punches ever brought were shame. We know, now, that El is stronger than Ashera. Even if Ashera is still our God, El seems to be our best bet in our present situation. Even if El declines us, we know we are strong.

We are Enkidel, and our resolve knows no equal.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
This is an important dream sequence.

It is time to stand up.

E

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

E

Lucid dreams are awesome, if you can't be a total badass in a dream, what's the point?

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

E

gently caress you, shark dad! It's time to stick up for ourselves. We're better than you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokeylope
Nov 12, 2010
E Stop him, and introduce yourself. You're no longer Og, you are now Enkidel.