Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
E+F

gently caress you i wont do what you tell me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

No, you cut that poo poo out, "Dad".

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Big manshark thinks violence is the answer? Time for this Fucker to reap what he sows.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Whelp, missed that last round of voting. Would have tried for C myself, since while I reckon the kid's got gumption, he didn't have an iron body, but my dad was awfully persuasive...

Speaking of my dad? E. And while I'm not entirely sure if it's appropriate or not, I'm very tempted to add "No more shall die!"

Dad was an rear end in a top hat. We just proved that this is because the Big Fish is a bigger rear end in a top hat. And we just proved that El can stop both assholes in their tracks. It's time to show that he's got no hold on us any more, and that we can resist without becoming a differently flavored version of the assholes.

Changed vote, see later.

Tomn fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 19, 2013

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

A Terrible Person posted:

Enkidel has survived so much in a single day. He faced the hunger of Ashera as a mere mortal and was able to resist. Fish-dad can do nothing to us. Stabbing him draws no blood, so there is nothing we can do. All he can do is strike us or summon the lightning. We've survived the lightning, and all the smacks and punches ever brought were shame. We know, now, that El is stronger than Ashera. Even if Ashera is still our God, El seems to be our best bet in our present situation. Even if El declines us, we know we are strong.

We are Enkidel, and our resolve knows no equal.

K We can take it.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Just a dream.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

D We've always liked the ocean. Lets go for a swim.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

You know, while this is happening, we're almost certainly sprawled flat on the ground or repeatedly walking into a tree or something while Ishmael heads back mumbling "Too young to die but not too foolish" again. Though maybe he'll be smiling this time.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Do NOT wake up.
Do NOT succumb to this illusion either.

Voting to become LUCID.

If Enkidel becomes lucid, he will not only stay in this dreamworld, but become it's master. As long as we're lucid, we will have a better handle on waking up if we must. If there is something in Enkidel's subconscious he needs to learn, this is a great opportunity. Do NOT let it slip!

E: Changed vote, posted. I guess we are lucid enough as it is.

OhYo fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 19, 2013

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
F gently caress YOU DAD

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

J - wake up Ethan Enkidel

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Go away for a few days and we're locked in a dreamscape!

I'm going to vote for H, since he's not our dad.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Diogines posted:

"IDIOT!" your father roars angrily as he hits you across the face with the back of your hand.

Dad is not only an evil sharkman, but a middle school bully as well.

Viking_Helmet posted:

FUCK YOU DAD

+1

Magissima fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 19, 2013

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
E + I

"No, gently caress YOU, dad. Also, snails are hermaphrodites!"

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
We already know stabbing him with a spear won't hurt him. He's taken three spear wounds in the past. But it has to be done. F

Absum
May 28, 2013

Voting J

my dad posted:

I'm all for :ssj:B:ssj: but your vote is pretty much what C is supposed to be. You're unsure.

I dunno, I had actually been convinced that we could go on.
I was asleep though, so I couldn't have changed my vote either way (it was 1 AM for me).

XOXO
Mar 8, 2013

Ask me about being weaker than a 60 year-old British woman.

We do deserve it for loving up. :colbert: We have a strong and steady history of poor decisions so maybe we should take this chance to learn to do something right.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Cach his hand, say nothing.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

OhYo posted:

Do NOT wake up.
Do NOT succumb to this illusion either.

Voting to become LUCID.

If Enkidel becomes lucid, he will not only stay in this dreamworld, but become it's master. As long as we're lucid, we will have a better handle on waking up if we must. If there is something in Enkidel's subconscious he needs to learn, this is a great opportunity. Do NOT let it slip!
We're already lucid.

If we weren't the context of being presented with choices wouldn't make sense.

I would have voted for C last time, but B is more consistent with we've been doing so far. I can definitely see Enkidal thinking that he can keep on going.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
H

michael knight
Oct 16, 2003

I love pubbies!
F

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
E and H

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

gently caress you, fishshark dad.

Edit: changed vote!

Ego Trip fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 19, 2013

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

XOXO posted:

We do deserve it for loving up. :colbert: We have a strong and steady history of poor decisions so maybe we should take this chance to learn to do something right.

Learn from our mistakes? I don't understand.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Outrail posted:

Learn from our mistakes? I don't understand.

What mistakes?

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Algid posted:

We're already lucid.

If we weren't the context of being presented with choices wouldn't make sense.
You have a point. I guess I was going for 'total lucidity' so we could dictate anything and all things within the illusion/dreamworld. Of course, there'd be a chance at waking or being easily woken afterward, but it made sense to me last night. :Þ

Changing vote to I.

say: "I love you, daddy."

I read a news article years back of a 2-year-old girl whose last attempts at communicating something to her mom was "I love you, mommy" prior to the mother beating the girl to death. I think this is quite possibly the most piercing thing Enkidel could say to Shushem, even if it's the Shushem in his subconscious.

OhYo fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 19, 2013

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fuck off!

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
This is all just another thing in the way of stepping until we have further information. The only context to deal with it in any way is to take action consistent with continuing to step. The conditions for stopping are that we are back with the group and Ishmal. At present we cannot tell, but that has nothing to do with the will to continue stepping. This is just another step.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
gently caress the loving fucker.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

OhYo posted:

I read a news article years back of a 2-year-old girl whose last attempts at communicating something to her mom was "I love you, mommy" prior to the mother beating the girl to death. I think this is quite possibly the most piercing thing Enkidel could say to Shushem, even if it's the Shushem in his subconscious.

So you are advocating for an option that would in us being beat to death?

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Sogol posted:

This is all just another thing in the way of stepping until we have further information. The only context to deal with it in any way is to take action consistent with continuing to step. The conditions for stopping are that we are back with the group and Ishmal. At present we cannot tell, but that has nothing to do with the will to continue stepping. This is just another step.

This seriously has me considering changing my vote to continuing to walk along the beach while ignoring fishdad. I don't think I'm going to, but it sounds right.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
J

I reject your reality and substitute my own. :colbert:
Keep walking.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Changing my vote from E to J. Hold the gait! (keep walking down the beach)

I thought we fell unconscious, but if we are dreaming while walking, then we need to continue to move our legs. If keep walking down the beach is just the same as C, then I guess I am voting for C.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Sogol posted:

You know what? This is pretty good reasoning. I'm convinced.

Changing my vote from E to K: Keep on steppin'!

Copacabana
Apr 6, 2010

There was blood and a single gunshot, but just who shot who?

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Hold the gait! (keep walking down the beach)

Perfect. Voting J.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

then

or

gently caress you fishshark dad, then hold the gait.

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
J

This dream sucks. We should just walk on water on something instead of hanging out with abusive shark-dad. Those snails don't work like that anyway, probably.

Either way, walk away.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

WAKE UP, Ethan.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Changing my vote to E

Chevy Chase was kind of funny as Land Shark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Changing my vote to F & H (yes, just replacing G with F).