Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

A man's heart... is stonier. Ayuh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Somebody should get gurm a forums account. He can spend all day in FYAD or TVIV getting new ideas for Dany to birth the prince~

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
We need to buy him your current avatar first.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
Uh, if GRRM had an account, he would obviously only post in Goons With Spoons and the Football Funhouse.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Maybe GRRM could settle the beans-in-chili fiasco once and for all, by trying everyone's recipes and judging them fairly.

Peace in our time.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

He'd provide an excellent case study for The Goon Doctor, as well.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

syscall girl posted:

The barrier was not meant to be crossed. The ground is sour.

First I play with mommy, and mommy came. And I play with mommy some more! We play with daddy, we had an awful good time! Now, I want to play with you...

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

Uh, if GRRM had an account, he would obviously only post in Goons With Spoons and the Football Funhouse.

He'd totally watch LP's. Come on, you all know this. He wouldn't read the screenshot ones though because that'd be :effort:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
He'd peek in tviv and be instapermabanned.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 19, 2013

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

He's peek in tviv and be instapermabanned.
RIP Big Dark Nipples, may wetly glistening members sing thee to thy rest.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Fog Tripper posted:

He's peek in tviv and be instapermabanned.

Anyone reading his posts and learning of the Forbidden Author of the Things That Shall Not Be Named would be instapermabanned.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Maybe GRRM could settle the beans-in-chili fiasco once and for all, by trying everyone's recipes and judging them fairly.

Peace in our time.

There's a debate about beans in chili? Why? Do goons not realize beans are just filler and unless you're a corporate supply chain squirting semi-edible matter into cans to cut costs, you should never substitute real meat and fresh vegetables for nature's packing peanut.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
People who cannot handle beans in chilli are akin to the mensa.

That's like not wanting noodles with your spaghetti. What is wrong with you people?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Actually it's more like not wanting beans with your spaghetti because beans don't belong in that either.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Not having beans in chilli is weird and wrong. Like a breastplate with no nipples, or a pie with no lampreys.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I just like beans, they're a tasty and nutritious staple, I'll put that poo poo in my omelette and top it with salsa :v:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I just like beans, they're a tasty and nutritious staple, I'll put that poo poo in my omelette and top it with salsa :v:

I think you have gone too far, ser.

Beans in chili is good stuff, and huevos rancheros is as well but drat.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I am Beanstar. Perhaps you've heard of me? I am of the legumes.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

alg posted:

The best part about the absolutely dreadful TVIV threads is that their spoiler paranoia is pretty much self trolling now. There's nothing left worth spoiling. It's gonna be :munch: as gently caress watching their souls get crushed for 3 or 4 years as Dany lingers across the sea.

There's no way the writers let her storyline fester in Mereen for more than a season. Gurm has like two years to fix that shitshow before the show passes him.

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!
Y'all are talking about the books right? You better be talking about the books. :toughguy:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

LooseChanj posted:

Y'all are talking about the books right? You better be talking about the books. :toughguy:

...Believe it or not, yes actually.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LooseChanj posted:

✅ Sex

✅ Food

❎ New York Jets

Yep. Thread is mostly on topic.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LooseChanj posted:

But it's really hard to look up ASOIAF recipes involving beans because Sean Bean pops up in every other link or picture (not even trying to mod sass.) I'm not one of those assholes who say the bean mustn't be in the recipe, in fact I prefer it, but I don't have either of the cookbooks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R0zrQJrbl0

I'm really racking my brain trying to come up with some interesting recipes to justify this post but I'm leaning towards vegetarianism at the moment so I am biased.

edit: I mean look at this

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 19, 2013

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

I didn't realize Spock had a sex change

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

LooseChanj posted:

That fat guy over there was talking about the show. :colbert:
My immersion...

I've begun another readthrough. Refreshing my memory of why I hate Cat's character so much. Just reread the Jon chapter when he goes to see Bran to say goodbye. She deserved a much worse fate. The word "oval office" comes to mind.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 19, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

She does eventually die a horrible, painful death as she sees her precious Robb slaughtered before her. So it's not like she gets away scott-free.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

She does eventually die a horrible, painful death as she sees her precious Robb slaughtered before her. So it's not like she gets away scott-free.

She deserves GreyRobb to be reanimated by an Other and killed by him. Again.

edit: It's not like she is going to live happily ever after, afterall.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm pretty sure everyone will end up dying horribly at least once or twice in this series.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Fog Tripper posted:

That fat guy over there was talking about the show. :colbert:
My immersion...

I've begun another readthrough. Refreshing my memory of why I hate Cat's character so much. Just reread the Jon chapter when he goes to see Bran to say goodbye. She deserved a much worse fate. The word "oval office" comes to mind.

Me too. I find I hate Sansa less because I remember she's 11, and she's the only kid he doesn't write like they're 37. But god, Cat is like Ned Stark without the honor. This time around her taking tyrion seems even dumber

Is Ned saying he will tell Jon snow about his mother a show invention? The opportunities for it to appear in the text are dwindling

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

rypakal posted:

Is Ned saying he will tell Jon snow about his mother a show invention? The opportunities for it to appear in the text are dwindling

I think it was, but I haven't read the first book in like forever.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
What if Ned Stark warged into a woman and impregnated her while controlling her :iiam:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

What if Ned Stark warged into a woman and impregnated her while controlling her :iiam:

Ralph Fiennes and Angela Basset are R+L=The Tower of Strange.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Fog Tripper posted:

I'm on a new readthrough as well and noticed a neat bit of foreshadowing re: Cat. In one of her early chapters (on the way to the Eyrie), it mentions that the events of late have made it feel as if her heart is turning into stone.

Almost all the annoying/insufferable book characters have been softened for TV, though. Except perhaps Dany.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Almost all the annoying/insufferable book characters have been softened for TV, though. Except perhaps Dany.

Softened and prettied up. This is what post-Blackwater Tyrion should have looked like if they had stayed closer to the books. But that was just too much :effort: for the CGI department (which admittedly did do a good job with the dragons and the Essosi cityscapes this season).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's entirely understandable, really. It'd have been a poo poo tonne of effort and cost to have Dink's nose be gone for every little scene he appears in and for them to have it move and react realistically to his face contorting.

With the dragons they just animate them and plonk them in the scenes, which isn't easy, but it's not as hard.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Yeah but I have unrealistic expectations for my silly fantasy series and not having them fulfilled breaks my immersion.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Actually it's more like not wanting beans with your spaghetti because beans don't belong in that either.

Beans don't belong in anything, they are gross.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Does hummus count as beans? Because hummus is great.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chickpeas are Beans, and so are Peanuts

Crunchy bean paste, with jam... now thats good eating!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

IRQ posted:

Beans don't belong in anything, they are gross.

Beans are amazing! I put them in everything:

-Beans served on a bed of freshly toasted bread.
-Lemoncakes served up with a side of garbanzo bean spread (hummus)
-Honeyed locusts served on a bed of freshly uncanned maple-glazed brown beans.
-Lamprey stuffed with boiled kidney beans.
-Roast capons smothered in pork glazed beans.
-etc., bean chili, etc.