Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

They're responsible for the VW Unpimp the Auto commercial, so they're not all bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Guaranteed they stole the + from Weiden + Kennedy (who actually have made a lot of very good ads, I believe)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Marvin_Gardens posted:

Give me strength-

You have to give them some credit, it had to take significant effort to make Amy Poehler look like she was in her 50's in those commercials.

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=heg-k9VR7Zo

My sincerest apologies for even remotely making this political, but this actually popped up as an ad uwhile I was watching youtube today.

It was disgustingly offensive, and I hope some Hispanic Civil Rights groups are on the asses of these people.

Those god damned border-jumping browns are ruining are country.
We're not racist though, here's a quick shot of our very own Uncle Tomas!

raditts fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 20, 2013

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
A/C Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhrqrzzI2Uw

Oh wait, honey, you turn the A/C up by opening your door while we're driving at 75mph.

*pushes bitch out*

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ZcqwvQbas

you know what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGp2J4G9MAc

go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXG0PACMUOo

gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbffVqWIKqw

yourself

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

God I hate that "sci-fi sound" that every vaguely futuristic movie of the last 5 years has had. In 20 years that sound is gonna be like watching Twilight Zone special effects from the 60s.

Also the GLaDOS cameo was a little odd

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Eh, I'm gonna see this. They had me at "rocket-powered fists".

These places are predatory if not outright usurious and should be outlawed.

why_the_terrorists_hate_us.flv

Raccoon natural speed king.

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
I clicked on that 1st link for Pacific Rim, and the thing that got me is there was one of those pop up boxes in the video to link to something about "Tribute to James Gandolfini". The guy isn't even loving cold yet, and these attention whores who define their lives by how many Youtube hits they get are posting these to prey on people's emotions.

A Hollywood celebrity dies and the first thing these Frankenstiens think of is "I must hurry and post a memorial tribute to this person, so I get lots of hits on my Youtube channel"

Nerdfest X fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 21, 2013

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

If you are Massachusetts or New England I am sure you have seen the Newman's Own Organic Coffee where they have people put on fake Boston accents. Eventually it devolves into people doing British accents and I don't even know what the gently caress. It's annoying and I hate it because no one can even do a fake Boston accent correctly.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Sash! posted:

They're responsible for the VW Unpimp the Auto commercial, so they're not all bad.

CP+B is like the Maxim magazine of agencies. They seemed really awesome and relevant in 2000 but have since become stale. They're that one 26 year old bro at a high school party.

The new Fiat 500L "Italians Are Coming" spot is awesome though.
http://youtu.be/hbRKAVZBlRc

The shot they take at the Tea Party was pretty funny, especially since the Tea Party A)wanted Chrysler (now part of Fiat) to go bankrupt and B) the Tea Party -Jeep factory moving China because of Obama- incident from 2012.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Ula Ula *something* Ula Ula, Ula Ula *something* Ula Ula (repeat ad nauseum)

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure the Falling Skies "COVER!" ad has been brought up...but gently caress that ad. :arghfist:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

:downs: "I met a turtle friend today!"

:suicide:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Gawd, Denny's new ad actually has someone saying "murica" in it. :cripes:

:downs:: "Red, white, and blue pancakes? I wonder what they taste like?"
*Long pause*
:clint:: "Murica."

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Mooseontheloose posted:

If you are Massachusetts or New England I am sure you have seen the Newman's Own Organic Coffee where they have people put on fake Boston accents. Eventually it devolves into people doing British accents and I don't even know what the gently caress. It's annoying and I hate it because no one can even do a fake Boston accent correctly.

What's a Connecticut?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Clamknuckle posted:

What's a Connecticut?

It hurts everytime :smith:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

That DICK! posted:

It hurts everytime :smith:

At least your state gets a mention...ironic, considering we're the ones supplying the drat coffee! :argh:

No one cares for Vermont...:smith:

Well, we'll just start our own drat country! We'll see how well you people do without your precious maple syrup, B&J's, Green Mountain Coffee, Magic Hat, and Cabot cheese!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

DrBouvenstein posted:

At least your state gets a mention...ironic, considering we're the ones supplying the drat coffee! :argh:

Well, we'll just start our own drat country! We'll see how well you people do without your precious maple syrup, B&J's, Green Mountain Coffee, Magic Hat, and Cabot cheese!

You can become part of Canada.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

You can become part of Canada.

You mean they weren't already? Hmm.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

BigBoss posted:

The new Fiat 500L "Italians Are Coming" spot is awesome though.
http://youtu.be/hbRKAVZBlRc

The shot they take at the Tea Party was pretty funny, especially since the Tea Party A)wanted Chrysler (now part of Fiat) to go bankrupt and B) the Tea Party -Jeep factory moving China because of Obama- incident from 2012.

That's kind of a reach. I mean, to me it's just a riff on the actual Boston Tea Party.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Peanut President posted:

GE used "Sixteen Tons", a song about how lovely coal mining is, to advertise coal mining. Using Hendrix to sell phones isn't as bad.

Holy poo poo, sorry of this has been posted (i looked and didnt find it), but are people too distracted by the breasts illuminated by the strobe light to not understand "16 tons and what do you get/Deep in debt/I sold my soul to the company store"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ueDHn2HTk

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Coal mining isn't done by shirtless people with a pickaxe any more either, so there's lots of things in that commercial that aren't right.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Coal mining has never been more sexy.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

GE isn't even a mining company anyhow!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sash! posted:

GE isn't even a mining company anyhow!

They do a ton of work with power generation and "clean" coal.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

DrBouvenstein posted:

I swear I heard it say it was brewed in vermont in the commercial. Whats up vermont buddy.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Toffile posted:

They do a ton of work with power generation and "clean" coal.

Not pulling out of the ground though.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Just saw a Kmart commercial about being an extra in Grown-ups 2...which comes out July 12th.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Holy poo poo, sorry of this has been posted (i looked and didnt find it), but are people too distracted by the breasts illuminated by the strobe light to not understand "16 tons and what do you get/Deep in debt/I sold my soul to the company store"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ueDHn2HTk

There's really no conflict here, the whole commercial is about changing the perception of coal, so that song is fine. The whole commercial is supposed to contrast the old perception of coal, which we get from the song, and the new perception of coal being sexy through the images. Mistreatment of workers and stores run by companies aren't exactly en vogue and have nothing to do with GE, and the song doesn't address environmental impact, so I fail to see any subversion or irony.

If you want a recognizable song with the word "coal" in it, you have 16 Tons and Coal Miners Daughter, and only one of those is upbeat enough for that type of commercial.

Perfectly fine to not like the commercial for whatever reason, although I have a soft spot for it since I've always enjoyed Tennessee Ernie Ford's 16 Tons.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugh, those "I'm not an expert, I just stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night" commercials are back.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Marketing New Brain posted:

If you want a recognizable song with the word "coal" in it, you have 16 Tons and Coal Miners Daughter, and only one of those is upbeat enough for that type of commercial.

I submit also Roy Clark's "I Never Picked Cotton", which contains the marketing-friendly line "and my daddy died young/working in a coal mine."

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Sagebrush posted:

I submit also Roy Clark's "I Never Picked Cotton", which contains the marketing-friendly line "and my daddy died young/working in a coal mine."

Also, "Working in the Coal Mine" by Lee Dorsey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnX7uRTaEWg

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

You Are A Elf posted:

Also, "Working in the Coal Mine" by Lee Dorsey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnX7uRTaEWg

Better yet, use the Devo version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8NNjhzSXwE

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Arschlochkind posted:

That's kind of a reach. I mean, to me it's just a riff on the actual Boston Tea Party.

The kind of people that would consider a small Italian car are probably not the kind of people that would join, or even look favorably upon, the political Tea Party.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

BigBoss posted:

The kind of people that would consider a small Italian car are probably not the kind of people that would join, or even look favorably upon, the political Tea Party.

You'd be surprised.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I officially hate "I Love It" by Icona Pop. It's every-loving-where.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gaunab posted:

I officially hate "I Love It" by Icona Pop. It's every-loving-where.

It's the new "Firework", so get used to it for the next few months.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I don't remember "Firework" being everywhere like "I Love it" I'm waiting for The Lone Ranger or Pacific Rim to start using it in their commercials.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Gaunab posted:

I don't remember "Firework" being everywhere like "I Love it" I'm waiting for The Lone Ranger or Pacific Rim to start using it in their commercials.

Oh god horrible memories. They used that song in every movie trailer for about six months. So many things about that song that I hate....:corsair: (sorry, my only exposure to pop music is in these awful commercials and it makes me want to stab out my eardrums all the time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I got sick of that song in the Need for Speed game last October and now it's going to be in commercials all summer :argh:

At least now that hockey is over we should be done with LIGHT A MUP MUP MUP