Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

L
The sooner we realize we're dreaming, the sooner we can wake up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

The only downside I see to this is that Danal is going to end up eating all the seaweed cakes :ohdear:

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Raserys posted:

The only downside I see to this is that Danal is going to end up eating all the seaweed cakes :ohdear:

Nooooo i want seaweed cakes!

EDIT I want to vote G, but that's what I want, not what I think would actually be in character. I think this is a good compromise.

Arkanomen posted:

D and M. Plunge the spear into Sharkdads heart, and proclaim "You are not my father. I am the child of El,
and you have no hold over me!" Also do this calmly and with no malice in our heart.
Time to let go of the self devouring past and move on.

Vote for that.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

This man has been heartless and cruel to you for your entire life. He is bigger and stronger than you. He has beaten you countless times. What about all of that fear, frustration, anger and perhaps even yearning for approval. And now he bit your hand off.

Perhaps a one part of you may want to turn away from all of that.

But can you? There is a difference between wanting to and being able to. You are no one special, you are a child who has had a pretty abusive upbringing. Can you really just let it all go?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 20, 2013

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
K

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

But can you? There is a difference between stuborness and strength. Can you really just let it all go?

I wish you would step back from that tooth my friend,
You could cut ties with all the lies,
That you've been swimming in,
And if you don’t want to see Shushem again,
EI would understand.
EI would understand.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
G

PandaPropaganda
Apr 22, 2008

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Shushem was a dick, but he's dead now. He is dead and never coming back. We need to move forward, both literally and figuratively.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Diogines posted:

This man has been heartless and cruel to you for your entire life. He is bigger and stronger than you. He has beaten you countless times. What about all of that fear, frustration, anger and perhaps even yearning for approval. And now he bit your hand off.

But can you? There is a difference between wanting to and being able to. You are no one special, you are a child who has had a pretty abusive upbringing. Can you really just let it all go?

Dad's dead baby, dad's dead.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

my dad posted:

Dad's dead baby, dad's dead.

Stop lying to us dad

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Sharkdad started it, and when we kill him we ritualistically kill Asherah and any faith in him we had.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
M - Fall down the ventilation shaft after screaming, "No! That's not true! That's impossible!"

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

He's not our Dad. He's not even Shushem.

Voting M: Grab the spear with both hands (don't think about how, just do it) and tell Ashera, "I know Your hunger. I know Your need to eat... and I know Your blood smells delicious, doesn't it?"

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Diogines posted:

Frankly, the whole reason we think our dad just bit our hand off is because we didn't know the difference between wanting to and being able to do something, and we might as well see how far we can go down that road.

I have a better idea, though.

M: Dad's hungry? Well, we know how to deal with that. Feed him the other hand so he goes away, grow back both hands, and rest content that Dad won't be eating Danal instead. And then keep walking.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Symbolism, ho!

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
L

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Tomn posted:

Frankly, the whole reason we think our dad just bit our hand off is because we didn't know the difference between wanting to and being able to do something, and we might as well see how far we can go down that road.

I have a better idea, though.

M: Dad's hungry? Well, we know how to deal with that. Feed him the other hand so he goes away, grow back both hands, and rest content that Dad won't be eating Danal instead. And then keep walking.

So I say unto thee, turn the other cheek. We aren't the same as him. We don't have our fathers hunger. We left that life behind and took up the mantle of the hero. Time to leave the past behind, no matter how hard it screams and bites.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

It's not going to win, but dammit, I'm sticking to my guns.

LIGHTNING!

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
I'm back!
Let's go with symbolism!

Tudhalias
Sep 7, 2009
L
Awake!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I because we need those seaweed cakes man

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Eh, gently caress it.

K

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
H

Our dad is a water type monster so its clearly weak to electricity. Throw lightning at him and we not only kill him, but also cook him and a bit of roasted dream shark will go really well with some seaweed cakes.

RandomPauI posted:

C

Lobster-man gives up his claws to people who need help and we need a replacement hand.

This

wibblewobble fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 20, 2013

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
And now we're missing a hand?

What? Oh.
Well. Walk?

L

The sweetcakes are nice, but man, this dream ain't worth it.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
K: Solely because I want to see what happens, see if it's possible, even dream-possible, to get back something 'Asherah' has eaten.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
G.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

d, but I think I'm going with it for a different reason then everyone else. In the story we heard about lobster-god, he fought off Asherah after getting his claw bitten off. So we have a choice. We can swim to Jorah, try and take shelter with the lobster-god, or we can BE the lobster god. We've lost the hand, fight off Asherah and take on our role as a protector.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
C

Lobster-man gives up his claws to people who need help and we need a hand.

Edit: Almost missed the chance for a pun.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 21, 2013

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Maybe we can't deny him because of the Ashera/El split in the voting?, I know Diogines said we aren't all MadGod style voices in a head, but still? Anyway, going with that theme; There's one thing that everyone here does want - to be a hero.

Voting M; Time to act like a hero from one of our stories; Smis - Who protected the meek from Asherahs hunger.

Give your other hand to Dad for him to eat, to satiate his hunger and save your dream village.

My theory behind this being if it words, we can acknowledging the other Fish Gods influence over Asherah, possibly giving us another tool to fight him in the future, or something.
Of course I'm probably wrong, but in that case at least we'll have 2 bloody stumps to shoot lightning out of.

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 21, 2013

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Spreadsheet is UP.

Updated to Maxhush, please double check for me; for I am with my best friend Ginny and Tonny tonight.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting closes in about two hours. I would like to do another update tonight and anticipate doing so if possible.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
K, I want my hand back

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Spreadsheet is UP.

Updated to Maxhush, please double check for me; for I am with my best friend Ginny and Tonny tonight.

I am voting with the majority! It is almost like being popular! Yay!

Seriously, these voting spread sheets are well done. I wish the people I work with would make spreadsheets half as decent.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

You are what you eat, and dreams have power. If you ever wanted fish-lasers, this is your chance. Eat Asherah and claim the power that should be Og's!

A vote for E is a vote for fish laser and a dead Leviathan! What could be more bad-rear end than killing a demon in your sleep?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I am voting with the majority! It is almost like being popular! Yay!

Seriously, these voting spread sheets are well done. I wish the people I work with would make spreadsheets half as decent.

Thank Canuck for the template. I'm just the one following through with the "calculating votes" bit. Also updated.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

For the forest voters, I'm not trying to bag your choice or anything, cause turning the other cheek does seem like a legit option in this case, its just that we don't have to walk into a forest to do that?

I'm just thinking, if this is a symbolism laced dream, then the only thing I can think that the forest could symbolise is something like the unknown, being lost and scared and/or terrifying monsters (from the no uncle Pagam time, midnight adventures and monster attack respectivly)

Or once again, I could be wrong and we'll come to, walking in the real forest next to Ishamael again.

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 21, 2013

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
G We're better than him. We don't have to reduce ourselves to his level. It's time to move on. Asherah and his lack of promises embodied in Shushem aren't a part of our lives anymore. There is no tooth.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Changing my vote to D, meant to vote that originally. Stab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
G

Diogines posted:

It's easier to put things down when you are little. You're closer to the ground.