Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
B and A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

B and D in that order

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
A, and

I:
Ask the men how they defeated the monsters, when they were able to grow back limbs. Mom can translate if need be.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

My votes:
OPTION B: Thank Ishamal for saving you.
OPTION I: Ask Ishamal and company about the voice.
The voice we heard when we recently almost died, and when we almost died when we were four years old.

This seems like an excellent choice, although should it be K, or I? Anyway, I'm seconding it; asking about the dream may be interesting, but it was probably just a dream, nothing portentious. These messages though are a real mystery, and could do with some interpreting: Shushem dismissed them as some sort of hallucination, let's see if Tudiya finds them any more familiar.

*Edit: Changed from K to I in keeping with DHS's edit. So BI

Theglavwen fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jun 21, 2013

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Theglavwen posted:

This seems like an excellent choice, although should it be K, or I?

You are right. I meant I. Changed my post to reflect that.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

My votes:
The voice we heard when we recently almost died, and when we almost died when we were four years old.

This. This looks interesting (and polite).

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
B and D in that order.

I'm torn about E. On the one hand, we should apologise for the idiot sorcery we tried to pull. On the other, it appears that the party was more than able to handle the rampaging regenerlizards without us. Perhaps there's nothing to apologise for? If all we did was cause them a minor annoyance, we should concentrate on revealing the details of the dream, as Tudiya may consider them to be of importance.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
B and E

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Imperialist Dog posted:

B and D in that order.

I'm torn about E. On the one hand, we should apologise for the idiot sorcery we tried to pull. On the other, it appears that the party was more than able to handle the rampaging regenerlizards without us. Perhaps there's nothing to apologise for? If all we did was cause them a minor annoyance, we should concentrate on revealing the details of the dream, as Tudiya may consider them to be of importance.

Y'know, on that note, given Ishmael's comment on our foolishness when he was jumping up to grab us it seems like he's probably got SOME idea what kind of hellish stupidity we've been up to. But here nobody looks the least bit upset or put out or ready with the stern lectures. Sign perhaps that it's not as serious as it seemed, or are these guys just chill as gently caress when the trouble's over?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Tomn posted:

Y'know, on that note, given Ishmael's comment on our foolishness when he was jumping up to grab us it seems like he's probably got SOME idea what kind of hellish stupidity we've been up to. But here nobody looks the least bit upset or put out or ready with the stern lectures. Sign perhaps that it's not as serious as it seemed, or are these guys just chill as gently caress when the trouble's over?

Every Zepathian loves smoking weed, we're going to get to Zepath and find out the whole El story is just a stoner's dream.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

My votes:

Voting for this.

Absum
May 28, 2013

F and G

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I honestly don't expect them to know who the voice is, but they at least will have an idea if this voice is good, evil, or El related. Heck, maybe they know someone who has heard a similar voice. And worse case scenario would be the voice is important, and we just warned the king about a future famine.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 21, 2013

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

My votes:
Changing to this.

BI

I think there's a good chance we can tap into the speaking in tongues thing if we just say the words.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

My votes:

Going with this as well

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Some version of B&A. In which we both thank Ishmal and get a clearer understanding of what happened. Is 11 year olds 'flying' off in the midst of fighting regenerative dragons all just in a days work? Normal? Business as usual?

michael knight
Oct 16, 2003

I love pubbies!
J + H

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

B&I

GaiaFag
Jun 20, 2007
KING OF THE FURRIES (AUTOPILOT ON BITCH)
F & J

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

HI

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

B then A, we need to know all we can about what he did so we can figure if this is something we can learn to do later.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
B + A

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
BA

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Save Target As posted:

B then A, we need to know all we can about what he did so we can figure if this is something we can learn to do later.

We are just going to get more of the same spiel. By the power of El! If their is some method to their power, they won't let us in on it until we are older and more responsible.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting closes in an hour.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Now we're a hero and a prophet too.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
B and A

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
RIP Diogines, eaten by a fish

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You and the Zepathans sit around the edge of the fire. You are starving and start your work on a second bowl of soup. It tastes, amazing.

Somewhere around your third bowl, you manage to put it down long enough to turn to Ishamal. Your vocabulary in their language is quite limited, but you know enough to say "Thank you". Your words after that might have translated roughly to something like "Biggest alls heroes, happy good me, bestest hero."

It has only been 5 days since you left the village and you were unconscious for three of them. Your language skills are a work in progress, a few new words learned each day, added to the handful you learned from Jalitha growing up.

Ishamal says something. The other men laugh. Your mother interprets. "He says that he won't make a habit of it and if there are monsters again, just, stay out of the way. He says that they are the Kings Mighty Men and will keep us safe."

You explain to your mother that you had a dream and ask if Tudiya will interpret it. She asks the king, who again speaks words you do not understand, but which she interprets for you, though the fact that he nods before she translates your words...

You begin to tell your mother about your dream. "I was on the beach with my fa-... with Shushem gathering snails and-"

Your mother leans in to give you a hug and whispers very, very quietly "Sweetling... don't talk about him."

Huh?

You....

OPTION A- [NOW INVALID-See below] Ask your mother what she means, quietly.
OPTION B- [NOW INVALID-See below] Ask your mother what she means, not quietly or subtly, you are not tactful and it does not occur to you to be quiet.
OPTION C- Have a change of heart and say you changed your mind and want to keep your dream to yourself.
OPTION D- Have a change of heart and say you are tired and want to go back to sleep.
OPTION E- Have a change of heart and just get some more soup instead.
OPTION F- Ask your mother to keep translating.
OPTION G- Just tell Tudiya and hope he understands you, against your mothers objections.
OPTION H- Tell the dream, but change some details. Which?
OPTION I- Something else.

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

I am aiming at two updates tomorrow.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 22, 2013

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
G

He said he'd listen and tell us what the dream meant and we want to know because that was really really weird.

Also, not in the game, I really want to know what the God-King thinks about the dream.

And on top of that, I feel like we'll look retarded if we're all

"King, sir, I really want to ask a favor..."

"Shoot."

"Will you tell me what my dream means?"

"Very well."

"Nevermind."

tarepanda fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 22, 2013

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
A. If she just doesn't want to be reminded of her abusive overseer, we can quickly explain that we understand her pain, but we think it is important for the King to hear. Besides, I'm sure she'll be happy that we just walked away from Shushem in the dream.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
Option A, and if the explanation is something like "just do what I say," then exercise Option G. If she offers an explanation that at least tries to explain why though, respect her wishes.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
option a

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Imperialist Dog posted:

A. If she just doesn't want to be reminded of her abusive overseer, we can quickly explain that we understand her pain, but we think it is important for the King to hear. Besides, I'm sure she'll be happy that we just walked away from Shushem in the dream.

Ditto for my vote.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Your mother is still hugging you. You are confused, by her words and ask her quietly what she means. "You can't talk about him anymore Sweetling, you just can't, trust me." She lets go and looks to you.

Option A and B are removed. The other options remain.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
G, gently caress you mom.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Simply call him a shark, that walked on two legs then? Or, alternatively, we can segue to the messages and state that when we were a child we heard a voice say that a storm was coming, and while the event with Ishamal occurred we heard the message "save for years of hardship". The first time occurred immediately after our mother attempted to cut our hair the first time.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

F

Everyone needs to hear this. But speak loudly and look Tudiya straight in the eye, becuase mom might not be a reliable translator.

Edit:

Revised after the mini-update because it's clear mom won't talk about it.

HBar fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Diogines posted:

Your mother is still hugging you. You are confused, by her words and ask her quietly what she means. "You can't talk about him anymore Sweetling, you just can't, trust me." She lets go and looks to you.

Option A and B are removed. The other options remain.

Enkidel should say to her, "Mom, this is important. The dream had to mean something. I don't want to talk about him either, but he was in the dream and I don't know what parts of the dream are important or not. I need to tell it to Tudiya just like I remember it."