Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Skinny King Pimp posted:

Uh, you're supposed to call them Canadians in public, come on.

I live in and worked at restaurants in Canada, and lovely racist shithead servers here also call groups of black people "Canadians".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So Paula Deen am I right?

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

I live in and worked at restaurants in Canada, and lovely racist shithead servers here also call groups of black people "Canadians".

Honestly, that's kind of hilarious.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Canadians are lovely tippers y'all.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
as an aside those shrimp on a stick were seriously fukin good. grant achatz old boy, how you do your magic?

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 22, 2013

breakfall87
Apr 22, 2004
ABunch7587's little bitch

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

So Paula Deen am I right?

Rename forum to Paula Deen Crucifcation Station.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Squashy Nipples posted:

As someone who lives in a gender-fluid world, I'm occasionally shocked to be reminded that most of the population still thinks that way. "Men drive like this, but women drive like that!"

Anyway, time for my annual post bitching about the camp food. I know they bake the bacon in a big commercial oven, but holy poo poo is the quality bad, almost no meat and all fat.

And I miss cooking. Since I'm on a combined vacation/business trip, I haven't been home in 10 days! The GF does a lot of the cooking these days, but I still miss making yummy food.

So this is a question I've been meaning to ask -- regarding camp activities, is it the general rule for funtimes where you want to be unburdened so you try to keep it light (or at least, not so heavy as to make you sluggish and/or bloated) or is it intensive enough that you need physical-labor level nourishment? Are low-residue items marked? My friend who runs an event of this sort just serves whatever, but their thing is mostly mental/interactional, so they don't have these concerns. I'm just super curious about how the specialization of the event drives things that wouldn't ordinarily be apparent.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Gravi said there is a kale named for me! :D

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Test Pattern posted:

So this is a question I've been meaning to ask -- regarding camp activities, is it the general rule for funtimes where you want to be unburdened so you try to keep it light (or at least, not so heavy as to make you sluggish and/or bloated) or is it intensive enough that you need physical-labor level nourishment? Are low-residue items marked? My friend who runs an event of this sort just serves whatever, but their thing is mostly mental/interactional, so they don't have these concerns. I'm just super curious about how the specialization of the event drives things that wouldn't ordinarily be apparent.

Great question! Sadly, the internet is being loving wonky right now, so I'm going to wait to get back home to my full size keyboard before typing up a full response.

The short answer is lots of protein for recovery purposes.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was it Crucible, or another camp?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

dino. posted:

Gravi said there is a kale named for me! :D
`So do you eat yourself wilted?' `Mister, if I could eat myself wilted, I'd never leave home.'

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Hello people!
I have been perusing the last couple of pages of this thread, and I decided that I would scratch reading the around 750 posts that I have missed - this is, however, with great sadness in my heart, since I am sure that I am missing out on literary genious embedded in bite-sized morsels from people who chose to call themselves by weird internet names.

I am back - I hope you will have me.

So where have I been.. Well - I have no good answer to that, that doesn't comprise long conversations, where we will laugh, we will cry and perhaps end up having babies together (depending upon correct identification of gender and/or sexuality, plus genetic standards with regards to furthering my plans of world domination).

A sufficient observation could be that for an arbitrary value of 'well' everything falls into that category.

The feeling I have by re-immersing myself into the internet is the excitement of a 40 year old midwestern spinster, sworn to pre-marital chastity. When visiting New York for the first time in her life, she discovers a hotdog stand and is immidiately filled with awe from looking at the sizes and varieties. Suddenly feeling a pang of emptiness, and sweet, sweet expectation, which is making not only her mouth start watering, but which also translates to other regions of her body - resulting directly in increased viscosity and flow.

I continue to love you all.

Edit: Spelling (yeah - some mistakes may still be found, but as correctness of English grammar and spelling is a highly fluid scale upon which to judge your fellow man, you should not be overly concerned).

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 22, 2013

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Happy Hat posted:

Hello people!
I have been perusing the last couple of pages of this thread, and I decided that I would scratch reading the around 750 posts that I have missed - this is, however, with great sadness in my heart, since I am sure that I am missing out on literary genious embedded in bite-sized morsels from people who chose to call themselves by weird internet names.

So where have I been.. Well - I have no good answer to that, that doesn't comprise long conversations, where we will laugh, we will cry and perhaps end up having babies together (depending upon correct identification of gender and/or sexuality, plus genetic standards with regards to furthering my plans of world domination).

A sufficient observation could be that for an arbitrary value of 'well' everything falls into that category.

The feeling I have by re-immersing myself into the internet is the excitement of a 40 year old midwestern spinster, sworn to pre-marital chastity. When visiting New York for the first time in her life, she discovers a hotdog stand and is immidiately filled with awe from looking at the sizes and varieties. Duddenly feeling a pang of emptiness, and sweet, sweet expectation, which is making not only her mouth start watering, but which also translates to other regions of her body - resulting directly in increased viscosity and flow.

:3: :allears: :swoon: :3:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Happy Hat posted:

Hello people!

The feeling I have by re-immersing myself into the internet is the excitement of a 40 year old midwestern spinster, sworn to pre-marital chastity. When visiting New York for the first time in her life, she discovers a hotdog stand and is immidiately filled with awe from looking at the sizes and varieties. Suddenly feeling a pang of emptiness, and sweet, sweet expectation, which is making not only her mouth start watering, but which also translates to other regions of her body - resulting directly in increased viscosity and flow.

Edit: Spelling (yeah - some mistakes may still be found, but as correctness of English grammar and spelling is a highly fluid scale upon which to judge your fellow man, you should not be overly concerned).

Huh. Didn't realise you were gone.

Just kidding. We missed you, HH! The only news I think you missed is that Wiggles's wife isn't terribly ill (I think and hope), and that dino. messed his back up engaging in overly-vigorous sexing. He's been out on a regimen of painkillers, exercises, and cold showers.

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

Happy Hat posted:

Hello people!

Welcome back. About that beer?

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

To me, HH will always be the belittler of bread.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Yay, HH! Are you still off being President of Iceland or whatever?

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.
Hey, D&F, did you get to taste the aquavit?

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Hi Happy Hat!

I moved into my new house today. It's pretty nice but holy poo poo I found a raspberry bush. I have a raspberry bush. I'd better not kill it.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Dane posted:

Hey, D&F, did you get to taste the aquavit?

<3

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Hawkgirl posted:

Hi Happy Hat!. I have a raspberry bush.

Go on :allears:

Welcome home, haps

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Happy Hat the way you write owns :allears:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Hawkgirl posted:

Hi Happy Hat!

I moved into my new house today. It's pretty nice but holy poo poo I found a raspberry bush. I have a raspberry bush. I'd better not kill it.

Man I'm envious. Is it cropping?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Hæppi Hætt :v:

The Scandinavians are all here and all's right with the world.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Welcome back, happy hat!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
It is good you are back, nordfriend.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welcome back, Hat. We missed you and your aryan children.

So here I sit at work on my day off. Waiting for Alton Brown. He's doing a demo/book signing here.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Just in time for ScandiChat. My in-laws just gøt back from a fjørd cruise and when they stöpped in Øslö they purchased for us cheese løvers a møst ødd cheese. It's a caramel-brøwn gøats' cheese and it does indeed have a sweet, caramelised taste. I'm cønvinced that there was caramelisatiøn invölved at søme pøint. What is this mystery cheese, please? I can pøst label pics if needed.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Ugh, being without power sucks so hard. 75mph plus an absolute deluge of rain has destroyed Minneapolis, leaving me and 280,000 others without power. And it's high 80s temp and humidity all week. Can't do anything inside since most of that requires power, can't really go outside since any activity at all pretty much kills me. Guess I'll just end up being really friendly with coffee shops for the next couple days. :(

Hauki
May 11, 2010

therattle posted:

Just in time for ScandiChat. My in-laws just gøt back from a fjørd cruise and when they stöpped in Øslö they purchased for us cheese løvers a møst ødd cheese. It's a caramel-brøwn gøats' cheese and it does indeed have a sweet, caramelised taste. I'm cønvinced that there was caramelisatiøn invölved at søme pøint. What is this mystery cheese, please? I can pøst label pics if needed.
Gjetost?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

therattle posted:

Brunost.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Geitost. 1910 called and told you to knock off the pre-reform spelling :colbert:

Basically it's whey, and a splash of cream or milk for good measure, boiled down slowly over hours in cast iron until evaporation, caramelization of sugars and maillardization of protein makes it into a rich, thick paste which can be poured into a mold and which sets when cool. The best kind, that is, the sharpest and most pungent, is made from goat's milk and is almost black, it's only available locally in the inner mountanous areas of the southern half of Norway. Cast iron isn't used in industrial production now, so extra iron is added to compensate for the iron that was added by the old method.

Brown cheese is awesome on fresh warm American pancakes, waffles and freshly baked, buttered bread. Especially with a glass of cold milk alongside.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yawgmoth posted:

Ugh, being without power sucks so hard. 75mph plus an absolute deluge of rain has destroyed Minneapolis, leaving me and 280,000 others without power. And it's high 80s temp and humidity all week. Can't do anything inside since most of that requires power, can't really go outside since any activity at all pretty much kills me. Guess I'll just end up being really friendly with coffee shops for the next couple days. :(

Ugh, yeah. We have that happen in the Winter which sucks just as hard (but is less likely to gently caress over food at least.) I feel for ya bro.

Alton Brown was nice! He did an Asian-spiced (Ginger, five-spice, garlic) low country boil. He didn't have much to say about Paula Deen, and nobody asked any questions about her. He put on a good demo, and did show appreciation for the team members at work who helped out with getting all his samples sorted.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

What happened to the queen of butter?

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

therattle posted:

Dude - you're missing the æ and the å - those two are pure aphrodesiac to talk blonde Ladies, and will cause their panties to spontaneously combust.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDfjqCVWxGc

Hahaha what the gently caress is this even. We need a good/horrible food video thread.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Happy Hat posted:

What happened to the queen of butter?

We learned she's a little bit racist.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

We learned she's a little bit racist.

An old southern lady is a bit racist? loving shocking.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDfjqCVWxGc

Hahaha what the gently caress is this even. We need a good/horrible food video thread.

I see sluts, I see meat, what I don't see is the problem :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Sjurygg posted:

Geitost. 1910 called and told you to knock off the pre-reform spelling :colbert:

Basically it's whey, and a splash of cream or milk for good measure, boiled down slowly over hours in cast iron until evaporation, caramelization of sugars and maillardization of protein makes it into a rich, thick paste which can be poured into a mold and which sets when cool. The best kind, that is, the sharpest and most pungent, is made from goat's milk and is almost black, it's only available locally in the inner mountanous areas of the southern half of Norway. Cast iron isn't used in industrial production now, so extra iron is added to compensate for the iron that was added by the old method.

Brown cheese is awesome on fresh warm American pancakes, waffles and freshly baked, buttered bread. Especially with a glass of cold milk alongside.

Thænks! And Håuki tøø! Yes, it's geitost. Måin wife can't figure øut if she likes it or nœt; I'm pretty sure I døn't. You people are weird!

therattle fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 23, 2013