Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Prime's more like Enterprise (all that plus being a reboot) but more enjoyable due to having classier villains and cannot attempt to be sexy (thank god). Beast Hunters is the Xindi arc (current plot isn't working, blow up everything and add a new more menaching bad guy)

So does this mean after Beast Hunters we'll get one season of reasonably well done classic Transformers, capped off by a monumentally stupid final episode? (It even had Jeffery Combs! Shran :allears:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Yes, last episode will be revealed to be Rodimus Prime watching a holographic simulation on the Lost Light.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Yonic Symbolism posted:

You know what's really Voyager? Furman's IDW run. And Spotlight: Arcee was Threshold. Embarrassing misunderstanding of genetics, attempts at being edgy, and ends up being so stupid that everyone wants to forget it. Yes, I personally think that the plot of Spotlight Arcee is really as dumb as evolving into salamanders.

And you know what else? Prime can deflect some of it's ire due to both being cgi (and having amazing cgi at that) and being a kids show. I mean, I don't see why a grown audience should be so mad at a kids show, it doesn't affect it's quality but it does mean that it's weird if you're way, way invested in it and act like it said horrible things about your mother.

Furman was writing for adults.

I'm glad that he has nothing to do with the continuity anymore. Arcee's alright now, I really liked what Barber did with her last issue, and they've changed the angle to "victim of cruel experiment" instead of focusing on how she apparently has robot girl parts and is really mad about it. But I think IDW should never have allowed that comic to be published.

I'll defend Furman's run to a degree because he came up with some cool ideas, like Holomatter avatars, Decepticons causing instability and getting the humans to fight each other, and then they clean up after, Transformers having a possible transhuman origin, etc.

However, Spotlight: Arcee was a travesty, and extremely offensive. Furman manages to make a book that's horribly insensitive to both women AND transgender audiences. IDW should have absolutely told him "gently caress no" when making that book, and it also kind of closes the door to all other female characters, such as Elita-1 and Blackarachnia. I love the IDW universe, but if there's one thing I hate about it, it's Arcee. I think she's the single biggest mistake in the whole run of the entire series, worse than anything in Mike Costa's run (which was really dumb).

Okay, Simon Furman's take on Headmasters and Sunstreaker was also loving terrible.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Yes, last episode will be revealed to be Rodimus Prime watching a holographic simulation on the Lost Light.

*Fatter, Older Rodimus Prime

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Yonic Symbolism posted:

You know what's really Voyager? Furman's IDW run. And Spotlight: Arcee was Threshold. Embarrassing misunderstanding of genetics, attempts at being edgy, and ends up being so stupid that everyone wants to forget it. Yes, I personally think that the plot of Spotlight Arcee is really as dumb as evolving into salamanders.

Popular though he may be, I will agree with this. Give the man credit for his worldbuilding, but like most "ideas guys" he was kind of a poo poo writer and his clever catchphrases were actually just grating and stilted 99% of the time. Spotlight: Arcee was deplorable garbage, and I get the feeling he's only adored in the fandom mostly out of nostalgia for what he did in the Marvel UK comics, and for meeting the lofty criteria of "is a comics writer" after Dreamwave imploded spectacularly.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Whirl, Rodimus, Ultra Magnus they're all fine but to me the real star of MTMTE has been Ratchet.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

Wanted an OP full of info they already know? I dunno. We were lucky.
The new OP was meant to attract new people to the thread by having up-to-date info. The OP wasn't for us, it was for potential thread newbies. A whole bunch of people made that really clear even before the new thread was made. And guess what?

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think it's fantastic that we have a new thread, because already we have some new faces that I haven't seen in the TF thread before.

It's already working! :rodimus:

The new OP is great and was long overdue.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

...wait what's this about evolving into salamanders?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Pretty much if you ever say to someone "that one episode of voyager" with no context the episode that EVERYONE will think of is an early one where they find a way to hit warp 10 in a shuttle, but for some reason it turns Janeway and Paris into giant salamanders. Their strange salamander babies are left on the planet they escape to.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

...wait what's this about evolving into salamanders?

Yeah, Threshold.

quote:

Notes

-The mutated Tom Paris was made into an action figure, with three of his offspring as accessories.
-"Threshold" won the 1996 Emmy for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Makeup for a Series, beating out Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's "The Visitor."
-The writing staff were dissatisfied with the quality of the episode, to the point that Brannon Braga called it a "royal, steaming stinker"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Having 'fond' memories of his useless, mopey and lovelorn, Springsteen gig-going Marvel incarnation, seeing Skids go to town like a giant robot version of the goddamn Midnighter is kind of cool.

I wish we could get a Lost Light line. I'd buy them all.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
FansProject Down Force arrived today. He's a badass little yellow race car. I really want to get this Menasor finished up.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Keldroc posted:

New TF Legends episode starts today, entitled "All Hail Galvatron." No word on cards that I saw, but I think Galvatron is a safe assumption. Maybe we'll finally get a Rodimus and possibly Springer?

It's:

Sergeant Kup T4 [x3]
Ultra Magnus T4 [x5]
Hot Rod T5 [x10]

vs

Galvatron and 3 other unknown decepticons.

I'm willing to bet unicron will pop in as a non player character but as a x1/x2 series boss.

Wallet is getting killed with back to back events, so I'll probably go casual on this event, I'm not a big Galvatron fan.

And the event is a half hour late again....

/edit

And scourge and cyclonus come back with new art and beefed up card stats after appearing already a month ago... :v:

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 22, 2013

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
And the other Decepticons are Cyclonus, Scourge and...Gnaw. Wouldn't have called that one.

What sucks about Sandstorm being spotted first in your city is that everyone and their brother has already snagged them all by the time you get out the door. Lots of Springers and Blitzwings taunting me with his absence.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Good GOD. MTMTE just keeps being amazing. Fuckin' Swerve and his My First Blaster! "Aww, you missed. Keep practising!" And the answer to "What's in the box?" Never in a mission years would I have seen that coming. It was genius. Okay, and the last page, I literally gasped, out loud and everything.
Anyone have specific in-head voices for the non-cartoon characters? For me, Swerve is Steve Buscemi and Brainstorm is Krieger from Archer. Not sure if we've discussed this before.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

If you want to talk about TFs or engage in a conversation about BM that's great but if you want to passive-aggressively bleat about our disagreement(s) about what makes a good TV show, I'm politely asking you to refrain.

Awww I was just playin' I didn't mean anything by it.

Watched the newest Prime episodes today. Pepper spray is effective against Decepticons optics and some of them also watch Earth horror films.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Awww I was just playin' I didn't mean anything by it.

Watched the newest Prime episodes today. Pepper spray is effective against Decepticons optics and some of them also watch Earth horror films.

... At drive-in theaters!

Ok so I was really pessimistic about this but apparently I'm -finally- gonna get my MP Soundwave from TFSource soon! That was a very unexpected news this week and I'm just so happy about it! It's probably my most anticipated toy in ages. Oh and also Springer and Blitzwang are on their way here!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Diet Poison posted:

Good GOD. MTMTE just keeps being amazing. Fuckin' Swerve and his My First Blaster! "Aww, you missed. Keep practising!" And the answer to "What's in the box?" Never in a mission years would I have seen that coming. It was genius. Okay, and the last page, I literally gasped, out loud and everything.
Anyone have specific in-head voices for the non-cartoon characters? For me, Swerve is Steve Buscemi and Brainstorm is Krieger from Archer. Not sure if we've discussed this before.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but Overlord is definately Tim Curry.

I kind of think of Rung with a jeff bennet voice and maybe ultra magnus is kevin conroy, not sure though.
I think Joe Dimaggio would also do a goos Swerve

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Brainstorm, to me, has a really nasally raspy voice.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Instead of dumping money into this next Transformers Legends episode I picked up vol 1-3 of MTMTE, pretty awesome read.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Veg posted:

Brainstorm, to me, has a really nasally raspy voice.

Steve Buscemi would be my Brainstorm.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This should have been the only thing in the new OP.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Keldroc posted:

Steve Buscemi would be my Brainstorm.

Thats fantastic.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Is TFW community sometimes mental?

I got called out for hacking and cheating in the TFL game because I placed in the top 40 the last few events because while its ok for me to spend $300 on the latest Masterpiece Leroy One Gotron figure, it's apparently impossible for someone to spend the same on a transformers mobile game.

Not saying its smart but sheesh, lots of drama.

That being said the issue was a few people were cheating but the proof was a credits hack which in itself is pretty useless, since after awhile you should be swimming in millions of credits if you are winning any event prizes at all.

That being said there's maybe a way to reset the available space bridges after an update. If so thats a big problem since someone could in theory keep resetting the episode/event bridges back to $1.00 all the time and save a ton of money.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Geared Hub posted:

I got called out for hacking and cheating in the TFL game because I placed in the top 40 the last few events because while its ok for me to spend $300 on the latest Masterpiece Leroy One Gotron figure, it's apparently impossible for someone to spend the same on a transformers mobile game.

Not saying its smart but sheesh, lots of drama.

That being said the issue was a few people were cheating but the proof was a credits hack which in itself is pretty useless, since after awhile you should be swimming in millions of credits if you are winning any event prizes at all.

That being said there's maybe a way to reset the available space bridges after an update. If so thats a big problem since someone could in theory keep resetting the episode/event bridges back to $1.00 all the time and save a ton of money.

You spent $300 on one event in TFL? drat son.

But yes, the TFW2005 community is terrible.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Calling someone a hacker or cheater in a pay 2 win game seems ... entirely in flavor with TFW's madness. Don't sweat it.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Good news for UK fans:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=603004433053090&set=a.573739832646217.1073741828.284302084923328&type=1&theater
Kapow have sorted out their wholesale deal, meaning upcoming MP's will be £55 or thereabouts. gently caress yes! I can just about get away with that price for MP Wheeljack to my lass...

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Veg posted:

You spent $300 on one event in TFL? drat son.

But yes, the TFW2005 community is terrible.

No but 80-100$ for a few events in a row.. yeah.. that's just as bad.

My excuse was I was in Vegas and I was blowing money on stupid poo poo for on and off over a month or two anyways.

Had a chat with a few folks afterwards there are a few legit issues with TFL.

One was the source code to the game/javascript was completely un-encrypted for a while where folks with file explorers on the android side and sift through the code and figure out upcoming features or see holes in the game.

One of which is the admin commands are built into the client :cripes: so the guys who are running the game is using the same code as the customer, that's a big no no for any online/mmo game in design. There was or were ways to trigger this on the client and have people generate anything they wanted.

The TFL team is really small it seems, the whole mobage thing isn't that big of an operation, maybe 70-100 employees running 20+ games so resources are stretched thin, you probably got everything logged but no one to actually pour over and look at issues.

Semi wierd poo poo is:

-Mobage has no idea how a mobage account is tied to a google wallet or apple store account.. support actually asks you this because they can't verify how you paid for mobacoins/cybercash in the first place. :v:

-Playing multiple clients at the same time on the same account seems to work and is within the rules of the TOS, which means a few TFW folks had their kids playing the the same account as pops at the same time. In theory you can grind through bosses twice as fast as someone mashing buttons on one phone. Theres sync issues with battle cube regen but if you reboot the client that solves that issue.

-Playing IOS and Android with the same account gives you access to mobacoins and cybercash, so you can pay to play on both platforms giving you a small window to buy cheap space bridges twice allowing you to pay to play but do so much cheaper than people playing the "right" way.

So yeah I'm dialing back spending on TFL now big time since there seems to be much of this stuff flying around.

On another note, any graphic novel recommendations besides Regeneration One and MTMTE vol 1-3? I picked those up last night.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 22, 2013

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Diet Poison posted:

After that "MARBs or MAABS" line in issue 17, Brainstorm kinda needs to have an English accent. I've been going with James May.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phy posted:

After that "MARBs or MAABS" line in issue 17, Brainstorm kinda needs to have an English accent. I've been going with James May.

A lot of the Lost Light crew use English idiom/turn of phrase, so I tend to hear most of them talking in RP, unless they're actual cartoon characters.

Roberts said that Overlord sounds like John Simm as the Master, but I couldn't hear that, because that's a really small weaselly voice. I hear him more as Malcolm McDowell or Derek Jacobi. Sort of Caligula-esque.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Geared Hub posted:

This would explain the PvP battles I've had against people with teams made entirely of Episode Razorclaws and Divebombs.

And yes, the TFW community is nuts about 80-90% of the time. Pay them no mind.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Those Go! Predacons look really good. I am especially interested in Bakudora, the Ripclaw redeco:

That is a crazy new head and I really like the colors. Might look good next to Scourge.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Geared Hub posted:

TFW is extremely mental, but then again, so is somebody who spends $300 on a cellphone game.

(This is coming from a dude who spends more than that on stupid toy robots so its totally the pot calling the kettle black)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sandstorm sighted at Targets in Seattle area.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Goldskull posted:

Good news for UK fans:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=603004433053090&set=a.573739832646217.1073741828.284302084923328&type=1&theater
Kapow have sorted out their wholesale deal, meaning upcoming MP's will be £55 or thereabouts. gently caress yes! I can just about get away with that price for MP Wheeljack to my lass...

Yeah this is super cool and means those smaller MP's are now the same price as getting it shipped EMS from Japan!

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...

The_Doctor posted:

A lot of the Lost Light crew use English idiom/turn of phrase, so I tend to hear most of them talking in RP, unless they're actual cartoon characters.

Roberts said that Overlord sounds like John Simm as the Master, but I couldn't hear that, because that's a really small weaselly voice. I hear him more as Malcolm McDowell or Derek Jacobi. Sort of Caligula-esque.

Ratchet vs. Overlord right here.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Not buying Smokescreen until they give him the alternators' blue and yellow attire.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Geared Hub posted:

No but 80-100$ for a few events in a row.. yeah.. that's just as bad.

My excuse was I was in Vegas and I was blowing money on stupid poo poo for on and off over a month or two anyways.

Had a chat with a few folks afterwards there are a few legit issues with TFL.

One was the source code to the game/javascript was completely un-encrypted for a while where folks with file explorers on the android side and sift through the code and figure out upcoming features or see holes in the game.

One of which is the admin commands are built into the client :cripes: so the guys who are running the game is using the same code as the customer, that's a big no no for any online/mmo game in design. There was or were ways to trigger this on the client and have people generate anything they wanted.

The TFL team is really small it seems, the whole mobage thing isn't that big of an operation, maybe 70-100 employees running 20+ games so resources are stretched thin, you probably got everything logged but no one to actually pour over and look at issues.

Semi wierd poo poo is:

-Mobage has no idea how a mobage account is tied to a google wallet or apple store account.. support actually asks you this because they can't verify how you paid for mobacoins/cybercash in the first place. :v:

-Playing multiple clients at the same time on the same account seems to work and is within the rules of the TOS, which means a few TFW folks had their kids playing the the same account as pops at the same time. In theory you can grind through bosses twice as fast as someone mashing buttons on one phone. Theres sync issues with battle cube regen but if you reboot the client that solves that issue.

-Playing IOS and Android with the same account gives you access to mobacoins and cybercash, so you can pay to play on both platforms giving you a small window to buy cheap space bridges twice allowing you to pay to play but do so much cheaper than people playing the "right" way.

So yeah I'm dialing back spending on TFL now big time since there seems to be much of this stuff flying around.

On another note, any graphic novel recommendations besides Regeneration One and MTMTE vol 1-3? I picked those up last night.

Last Stand of the Wreckers! MTMTE wont make sense without it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Yeah the OP lists the currently relevant series. Last Stand of the Wreckers, Death of Optimus, RID and MTMTE

Regeneration one follows from the old marvel comics, not IDW, btw.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Death of Optimus Prime is in MTMTE volume 1; don't buy it separately unless you're buying the singles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ka0 posted:

Not buying Smokescreen until they give him the alternators' blue and yellow attire.
Why would they paint a classic Datsun in modern Subaru Racing livery?