Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

X_Toad posted:

The trailer for season 5 showed (to the most obsessed fans, most probably) that Molotov got her hands on it, so I don't think we will see more of Hank playing golden godess.
I keep hearing that, but where? Maybe I missed it but when in the trailer do we see anyone but Hank in the Countess' strengthsuit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

qirex posted:

Why didn't they make a "Beaver Inspector" shirt?

It's too simple and similar things are available everywhere if you bother to look. I mean, five seconds on Google Image Search and I get this:

You just need to find the right clip art and font and BOOM! You can start printing these off for your own terrible bachelor parties.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I keep hearing that, but where? Maybe I missed it but when in the trailer do we see anyone but Hank in the Countess' strengthsuit?

About five to six seconds into this trailer. You can definitely see her eyepatch.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

LashLightning posted:

It's too simple and similar things are available everywhere if you bother to look. I mean, five seconds on Google Image Search and I get this:

You just need to find the right clip art and font and BOOM! You can start printing these off for your own terrible bachelor parties.

I was just about to say the same thing. They had beaver inspector tee shirts at Spensors Gifts 15 years ago. Why would they bother having that in the tee shirt club?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

RandallODim posted:

About five to six seconds into this trailer. You can definitely see her eyepatch.

First rule in Hollywood, if you don't see a body, they aren't dead.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

xxEightxx posted:

Even then....

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

RandallODim posted:

Somehow I had not seen that trailer. Thanks.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Plus Molotov is lying about her and Monstroso. (Theory based on stuff from season 4. )

Comrade Quack fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 20, 2013

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Comrade Quack posted:

Plus Molotov is lying about her and Monstroso.

Thanks for not spoilering that, rear end in a top hat.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Somehow I had not seen that trailer. Thanks.

Yeah, there were a couple of Adultswim.com video-only trailers, which had some stuff that wasn't in the broad release trailer.

Something I'm having fun with is going back and watching the trailers to see how some scenes look after having them put in context, like Gary going after Short Division's truck. Imagined: Gary's gonna work with SPHINX! This is gonna be awesome! Gary and Brock and Shore Leave will be the best team. Reality: Gary is so alone.

Comrade Quack posted:

Plus Molotov is lying about her and Monstroso. (Theory based on stuff from season 4. )

What makes you say that?

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

RandallODim posted:

What makes you say that?

Theory based on season 4

A brief timeline:
Moltov infiltrates Sphinx
Monstroso tells Billy that he's never found someone he loves (badly paraphrased)
Sphinx happens upon by chance via Pete Monstroso. Then, kidnaps Monstroso
Molotov, having infiltrated Sphinx prior to Monstroso's arrival, steals Monstoso from Sphinx

So either they planned getting Monstroso kidnapped by Sphinx but not handed over to the OSI or Molotov joined Souinx for something else.

Comrade Quack fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 20, 2013

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

That would have been useful before the premiere, not so much since then.

I've seen the preview for next week's episode, I can already imagine Brock receiving a call from Hatred about that island they're going on and just wishing him good luck.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've already told someone to use their parkour and the episode hasn't even happened.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

LeJackal posted:

Thanks for not spoilering that, rear end in a top hat.

Are spoilers required for people's theories?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Cacafuego posted:

Are spoilers required for people's theories?

You'd be amazed at the accuracy this thread has with theories.... Pretty sure we predicted the orb arc after the 2nd episode.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Series 4 was two years ago, regarding spoilers for it maybe watching everything then coming back to this thread might be the best idea?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

deong posted:

I was just about to say the same thing. They had beaver inspector tee shirts at Spensors Gifts 15 years ago. Why would they bother having that in the tee shirt club?

Kids in the Hall did a Beaver Inspector t-shirt joke 20 years ago.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

muscles like this? posted:

Kids in the Hall did a Beaver Inspector t-shirt joke 20 years ago.

Yeah but they're Canadian. The way Scott Thompson talked about growing up in the backwoods of Canada on Aisha Tyler podcast that might be a actually thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was the joke of the sketch, a guy complaining about people wearing "Bikini Inspector" and "Beaver Patrol" shirts when they didn't actually have those jobs.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Here is the sketch in question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j10TmxrhW9k

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

SeanBeansShako posted:

Series 4 was two years ago, regarding spoilers for it maybe watching everything then coming back to this thread might be the best idea?

I just finished season two last week! It wasn't on Netflix instant so I went and picked up a used copy of the season for $15. (Most of the episodes except "Look Who's Coming to State Dinner" were great.)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Three-Phase posted:

I just finished season two last week! It wasn't on Netflix instant so I went and picked up a used copy of the season for $15. (Most of the episodes except "Look Who's Coming to State Dinner" were great.)

Hurry and get Season 3 next. Prepare for a slight change, as Season 3 starts getting a little deeper with character development but it is still awesome.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

RandallODim posted:

Well I'll be:

http://i.imgur.com/IU6e7J7.png

Linked since everyone is a big babby about possible spoilers from a publicly aired trailer about a cartoon. And last I checked trailers aren't considered spoilers anyway, but there you go.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

And last I checked trailers aren't considered spoilers anyway, but there you go.

When did you last check?

TVIV Rules posted:

Information about upcoming episodes, including commercials, episode previews, web-only sneak previews, etc., is considered a spoiler, and you need to use spoiler tags.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Short preview for tomorrow's episode :

http://video.adultswim.com/the-venture-bros/sneak-peek-spanakopita.html

I guess that Jonas is the 'hidden' part of that episode then. Or he designed a better boat than the X-2 and sold the old one to Saint-Cloud.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So, regarding the previews we've seen... seems like this is Doc's "unplug" getaway type place, where he goes to unwind from the "stress" of his life, real or imagined. And he's going to get in a huge rich-guy pissing match with St. Cloud, considering we've seen them competing at several things. Probably the scene from the first preview, where Doc is tied to a chair and Hatred bursts in to save him, and then Doc looks annoyed for being saved is from this. Probably actually a trust exercise or something.

Meanwhile, the episode will probably end with the reveal that the residents are running some huge scam on Doc on a yearly basis.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

thexerox123 posted:

When did you last check?

Wow. You know, I will never understand considering trailers and commercials "spoilers". I get people not wanting the to be spoiled on unofficially released poo poo, but effing commercials? That just seems to be going a little far. Same went for people I used to watch Galactica with who intentionally covered their eyes at the end of the intro theme so they couldn't see the 20 seconds of random shots for episode you're about to see.

Just my personal opinion, not trying to raise a fuss.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Bobulus posted:

Meanwhile, the episode will probably end with the reveal that the residents are running some huge scam on Doc on a yearly basis.[/spoiler]

Oh come on, they're shouting the name of a Greek spinach pastry at each other and that dude got all excited that Rusty had shown up on their little island paradise. Of course Rusty's being scammed, and if it's anything else, I will be genuinely surprised.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

Wow. You know, I will never understand considering trailers and commercials "spoilers". I get people not wanting the to be spoiled on unofficially released poo poo, but effing commercials? That just seems to be going a little far. Same went for people I used to watch Galactica with who intentionally covered their eyes at the end of the intro theme so they couldn't see the 20 seconds of random shots for episode you're about to see.

Just my personal opinion, not trying to raise a fuss.

Well this is me then, because I looked away from the title screen of BSG because I would rather see the scenes in context, rather than waiting for the scenes I knew were going to happen to happen. For that show I didn't want to know if it was going to be a big epic space battle episode, a government relations episode, a brawl in the crew episode, etc. The point of watching the show was seeing how the story flows, rather than trying to get a glimpse of it and trying to put together what you saw and know something is coming up, and now you're paying more attention to that then the story.

I also personally don't pay attention to previews or commercials, but if I were to be spoiled from a commercial on something I'm sure it would be minor, and I don't get upset about it. I just try to not see them, but don't let it ruin the show/movie for me if I do catch something from them. (Unless it's something to the level of Castaway where the trailer for the movie gives away the ending).

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

IUG posted:

Well this is me then, because I looked away from the title screen of BSG because I would rather see the scenes in context, rather than waiting for the scenes I knew were going to happen to happen. For that show I didn't want to know if it was going to be a big epic space battle episode, a government relations episode, a brawl in the crew episode, etc. The point of watching the show was seeing how the story flows, rather than trying to get a glimpse of it and trying to put together what you saw and know something is coming up, and now you're paying more attention to that then the story.

I also personally don't pay attention to previews or commercials, but if I were to be spoiled from a commercial on something I'm sure it would be minor, and I don't get upset about it. I just try to not see them, but don't let it ruin the show/movie for me if I do catch something from them. (Unless it's something to the level of Castaway where the trailer for the movie gives away the ending).

So what's the difference then in seeing the intro glimpses in BSG and the glimpses in a commercial? 9/10 its minor, and even if it is major it's usually presented in an intentionally *wrong* context to get throw you off. I never really felt like I was thrown off the story flow knowing that for example Tigh was had marines pointing their guns at him and he was about to be spaced. Seriously, that was one of my favorite moments in the show, and yet we got a glimpse of it in the intro.

Again, I'm not criticizing so much as saying that I think it's a little far. Where I'd (personally) draw the line between spoiler and not-spoiler is "unofficially released" things. So commercials/trailers = ok, intro clips = ok, aint it cool news plot updates = usually spoiler. And so forth.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I think the only real difference is that the people who did the intro glimpses in BSG worked on the show so the implied intention there is that they want people to see them before the episode begins proper. Commercials on the other hand aren't always edited together by the people that make the show.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Srice posted:

I think the only real difference is that the people who did the intro glimpses in BSG worked on the show so the implied intention there is that they want people to see them before the episode begins proper. Commercials on the other hand aren't always edited together by the people that make the show.

In specifically BSG, I couldn't really say for sure that the people that edited together the intros were the ones who edit the show/write the script, so who knows if they unintentionally let something slip. And if not, there's going to be some scenes that I would be more paying attention for to see when they show up in what context, rather than just watching the episode as it unfolds.

It was just 10 seconds I didn't look at the screen, no big deal. I was going to look at it for the remaining 42 minutes anyways. And I don't like watching advertisements because they're advertisements, so I tend to miss the previews anyways.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Protagorean posted:

Oh come on, they're shouting the name of a Greek spinach pastry at each other and that dude got all excited that Rusty had shown up on their little island paradise. Of course Rusty's being scammed, and if it's anything else, I will be genuinely surprised.

Venture Industries probably funds that entire island's economy.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

SeanBeansShako posted:

Hurry and get Season 3 next. Prepare for a slight change, as Season 3 starts getting a little deeper with character development but it is still awesome.

Do we ever hear from the reanimated henchman again? "PROSTITOOOOO!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Three-Phase posted:

Last week

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Three-Phase posted:

2nd episode of this series, and he is better than ever. Keep your eyes open for some other buddies of his too!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SeanBeansShako posted:

2nd episode of this series, and he is better than ever. Keep your eyes open for some other buddies of his too!

Who will be your B?

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Have we ever seen Doc get excited like this? I think this is the first time in the series he's been legitimately happy.

Needless to say this will end in disaster :(

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So in Tag Sale, your It, the Monarch and Dr Girlfriend are talking about "Are those tiny pants or giant shorts?". A friend of mine who's been watching the series asked me "What are they talking about?". I figure that they are talking about those baggy, man capries that were popular about 15 years ago with dumb people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

twistedmentat posted:

So in Tag Sale, your It, the Monarch and Dr Girlfriend are talking about "Are those tiny pants or giant shorts?". A friend of mine who's been watching the series asked me "What are they talking about?". I figure that they are talking about those baggy, man capries that were popular about 15 years ago with dumb people.

Yeah, exactly. Those shorts were popular in the 90's, and that episode aired in 2004, hence the Monarch's "Who still wears those?"