Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Sulphuric Sundae posted:

Is Shantae still set to come out today?
Shantae, Metal Gear, and Super Mario Bros DX are the only GBC games I've owned that I refuse to get rid of.

I wish I had a physical copy of Shantae to call my own. I'm hoping it being released on the 3DS VC will drop the price of a physical copy, even just a little bit. It could hang out with my overpriced copies of CIB Earthbound and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Forget Luigi U, forget Bugs vs. Tanks, s'all about FARMING SIMULATOR! 3D!

For those on the fence about Farming Simulator, here's a video detailing the gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Forget Luigi U, forget Bugs vs. Tanks, s'all about FARMING SIMULATOR! 3D!

My wildest dreams have come true! Farming Simulator in my pants! :swoon:

The best part of this is that when I got home, I had a belated birthday card waiting for me. Inside the card was a $20 eShop card. The first thing I did was redeem it and buy Farming Simulator 3D.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I have $8 in my account and need 5 coins to reach gold for the year.
What should I buy on 3DS?
I'm not done with Pushmo and will get Crashmo later.
3D Picross is the only Picross for me.
I played all the Game Boy stuff when it was new.

I'm leaning toward Mighty Switch Force (which is better?), Ketzal's Corridors, and Crimson Shroud.

e: Aero Porter looks fun.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jun 22, 2013

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
If you're open to NES games, Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden are justifiable classics, and both are hard (but fair!) enough that you won't blow right through them.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I'm leaning toward Mighty Switch Force (which is better?), Ketzal's Corridors, and Crimson Shroud.

You could always spend $2 and get 10 coins for a Game & Watch game. They're replicated really well.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aero Porter is probably the worst of the 3 Guild01 games that came out over here, but if you're someone like me who has an irrational love of weirdass puzzle games, yeah you should check it out. There isn't much in the way of content but its incredibly hectic and the combo system lends it a decent skill ceiling.

I like Crimson Shroud a lot, but there's a huge caveat that seems to have alienated a bunch of people ITT. You really need to come to it with a healthy appreciation of early D&D, those old Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, and JRPGs. Its pretty much just a visual novel that occasionally stops to make you roll dice. The writing is entertaining if maybe a little cliched, and there's some really interesting RPG stuff going on in the way you develop your characters.

Check out Sakura Samurai, too, if you haven't played it. Its essentially feudal Japanese Punch-Out.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Good news, Mega Man and/or Game Gear fans: the Mega Man game for Game Gear has been ESRB-rated, so it'll probably show up on the 3DS VC sometime this year!

Bad news, people with taste: GG Mega Man is terrible!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Good news, Mega Man and/or Game Gear fans: the Mega Man game for Game Gear has been ESRB-rated, so it'll probably show up on the 3DS VC sometime this year!

Really amazed that they're going to release that and not continue with the GB games.

Though I can't say I want MM2 GB.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Holy poo poo, GG Mega Man was he first one I ever played, that was my childhood. I..I think I might have to get it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Really amazed that they're going to release that and not continue with the GB games.

Though I can't say I want MM2 GB.

My guess is that Sega pushed for it and Capcom merely signed off on it, similar to some of those later Wii VC releases like Strider.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

My guess is that Sega pushed for it and Capcom merely signed off on it, similar to some of those later Wii VC releases like Strider.

Good on Sega then.

At least I think so, maybe they can push for some genesis titles on Wii U soon too.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Could be worse, could be DOS Mega Man...

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Capcom seems to be way more enthusiastic about releasing VC titles than any other third party, so I wouldn't be surprised if they really were the ones who took the initiative to roll out Game Gear Mega Man.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Capcom seems to be way more enthusiastic about releasing VC titles than any other third party, so I wouldn't be surprised if they really were the ones who took the initiative to roll out Game Gear Mega Man.

It'll be funny if that comes out in Europe before Mega Man 6. That game has missed coming to Europe 3 times now.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Mega Man 6 is already on the EU eshop. I think it was released last week along with the rest of them.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
MM6 is out on the PAL 3DS VC right now!

I don't get why Capcom would have spent months releasing nothing when they could have been releasing the GB MM games, only to turn around and fast-track the goddamn GG game. Seems like the best time to release those games would have been before the superior NES originals were available, but what do I know.

Anyway, there's been a few more VC ratings - Pilotwings, Ninja Gaiden 2/3, Sonic Chaos.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Goddamn I loving hated game gear games back then and I still do now. They really need to start getting some loving SNES/Genesis/TG16 games on the 3DS shop and stop loving around with these lame rear end handhelds no one cared about (GB/GBC games are really good though). At least get some of the neo geo pocket games I heard those were good.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
TG16 support was announced before the 3DS was released, then Konami ate Hudson.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

PonchAxis posted:

Goddamn I loving hated game gear games back then and I still do now. They really need to start getting some loving SNES/Genesis/TG16 games on the 3DS shop and stop loving around with these lame rear end handhelds no one cared about (GB/GBC games are really good though). At least get some of the neo geo pocket games I heard those were good.

I still own, and occasionally play, my Neo Geo Pocket Color. SNK vs Capcom Cardfighters Clash FTW.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Sonic Blast for the GG is a terrible, terrible game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I really hope they at leas get Mega Man III, IV, and V on the 3DS eShop, because those three are among the best Mega Man games ever made.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Original_Z posted:

Sonic Blast for the GG is a terrible, terrible game.
I maintain that all the Sonic Gamegear games are terrible games.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pyrovile posted:

Yeah pretty much this. When I got the sonic mega collection plus on PS2 I played all of them for a bit and goddamn were they bad. Seriously just pretty much the worst.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The Sonic Gamegear games were just the Sega Master System Sonic games weren't they?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

greatn posted:

The Sonic Gamegear games were just the Sega Master System Sonic games weren't they?

Yep.

Apart from Blast, the others are decent enough. The Game Gear versions are just crippled by the claustrophobic field of view (and the messed up first boss in Sonic 2, which is fine in the MS version).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It feels weird seeing Game Gear games on a Nintendo console, my ten year old self would have never thought it possible.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Annath posted:

I still own, and occasionally play, my Neo Geo Pocket Color. SNK vs Capcom Cardfighters Clash FTW.
Match of the Millennium is probably the best portable fighting game ever made, even including SSF43D and Blazblue. And yeah, Cardfighters, Biomotor Unitron, 2 incredible Metal Slugs. Goddamn the NGPC was an amazing system :allears:

Just dump the whole library onto the VC already.

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011
I can't speak for games like Labyrinth and Blast, but I can recommend Tails Adventures. It's a lot like Quackshot for the Genesis, where you can swap between levels on the world map and find items or power ups to make progress. Plus you get to fly and throw bombs.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pyrovile posted:

I prefer the Master System Sonic 1 to the Mega Drive/Genesis version.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I like that we're getting all these gamegear games now, I want things that aren't already on the Wii VC, thank you very much. I'm enjoying Shining Force and Defenders of Oasis a lot.

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009

StevenM posted:

I can't speak for games like Labyrinth and Blast, but I can recommend Tails Adventures. It's a lot like Quackshot for the Genesis, where you can swap between levels on the world map and find items or power ups to make progress. Plus you get to fly and throw bombs.

Tails Adventure owns a lot, I'm glad I can finally finish it since I was too dumb as a kid to figure out a lot of things.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

TF2 MINING RIG posted:

I prefer the Master System Sonic 1 to the Mega Drive/Genesis version.

Not gonna pull a "UWOT M8" here but I'm definitely going to ask why.

Why?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Did anyone else get completely loving lost early on in Shantae: Risky's Revenge? I kept running in circles around the overworld and the first dungeon (around where I got the monkey form) and just sort of lost interest because I had no sense of direction on where to go/what to find. I do want to sit down and give it another go though.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The Mega Drive one, while great, shows obvious signs of being experimental, a first attempt at making an original platformer. The Master System one, coming out later, is rather more focused. I like them both a great deal and can't point which one is my favorite, but I can imagine that there are people who prefer the 8 bit version simply because it's a really well done platformer -- even the chaos gems are secrets you have to find on the stages themselves.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Mighty Switch force (Both of them) Are really good. I like the first one better, but it's not a huge difference.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Jetfire posted:

Did anyone else get completely loving lost early on in Shantae: Risky's Revenge? I kept running in circles around the overworld and the first dungeon (around where I got the monkey form) and just sort of lost interest because I had no sense of direction on where to go/what to find. I do want to sit down and give it another go though.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. It seemed like a really cool game, though, so I'm also thinking I should start it back up and just go to GameFAQs when I get stuck again.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Pyrovile posted:

Triple Trouble's alright :smith:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Jetfire posted:

I'm sure you were already thinking along the lines of "Metroidvania," but that's really the best mindset for this game. That said, it can be kinda easy to get lost and not know where you're going, and I found Selachimorpha's map on GameFAQs helped. Keep an eye out for the red skulls on it, as they indicate the dungeons you're looking for. Obviously, it contains spoilers so if you want to keep which forms you get later on hidden from yourself, don't look at the map key.

Onean fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 24, 2013

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Have Nintendo announced when the Club Nintendo platinum/gold reward is up? I know it's usually in the middle of summer, but I wanna know to decide whether or not to just sit on some surveys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

FanaticalMilk posted:

Have Nintendo announced when the Club Nintendo platinum/gold reward is up? I know it's usually in the middle of summer, but I wanna know to decide whether or not to just sit on some surveys.
They won't announce the reward in advance but the deadline is June 30th.